Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,345 members, 7,808,212 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks (19414 Views)

Toke Makinwa Reveals How Ex-husband Maje Ayida Almost Ruined Her Life / ''My Breakup With Toke Makinwa Almost Ruined My Business'' - Maje Ayida / 19-Year-Old Wizkid Impersonator, Ifeoma Nelly Pictured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by lordkit2: 6:52am On Jun 15, 2016
Popular pop star, Ayodeji Balogun, a.k.a. Wizkid, has commended the Lagos State police command for redeeming his image before his international clients and arresting a 19-year-old fraudster who ripped prospective clients abroad of their hard earned money.

“I am very thankful to the Nigeria police for what they did for me. The case has been going on for a while now, I thank God we have been able to arrest one of the suspects. We would pursue this case to the court and ensure we get justice.

“The actions of these fraudsters have affected my business worldwide. I still have two cases pending in New York, United States now. There was a particular case of a $45,000 that was collected from a promoter in USA by these fraudsters using my name. There is another case of $25,000.

I am happy my name is being cleared and I want justice.

“The situation has affected me psychologically because I was being accused of taking money I knew nothing about. The press also did not believe me so that dampened my morale,” the singer said.

The Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni, few weeks ago revealed that a 19-year-old girl, who for long had been posing as Wizkid on social media, had been arrested.

The teenager was said to have duped many people, including students of the University of Lagos (UNILAG) before she was arrested. Among her victims were two people living overseas. The money was over $53,000, equivalent of about N10.4 million.

According to Owoseni, the suspect, who is a student of one of the universities in the country, was arrested after Wizkid reported the case to the police command complaining that someone was impersonating him and duping unsuspecting persons.

The suspect opened a Facebook account in Wizkid’s name and displayed the artiste picture. She started chatting with friends on Facebook, pretending to be Wizkid.

http://m.guardian.ng/news/how-impersonator-almost-ruined-my-career-by-wizkid/

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by seyema(m): 6:54am On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmmn
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Jimi23(m): 7:05am On Jun 15, 2016
How about paying a tribute to OJB who discovered u? Dont be an ingrate kid. Life is not only about career and money. We love u still but behave.

6 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Tolexander: 7:10am On Jun 15, 2016
Jimi23:
How about paying a tribute to OJB who disxovered u? Dont be an ingrate kid. Life is not only about career and money. We love u still but behave.
what is this you just posted bro? undecided

74 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Airforce1(m): 7:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Jimi23:
How about paying a tribute to OJB who disxovered u? Dont be an ingrate kid. Life is not only about career and money. We love u still but behave.

you're just a hater

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by OKorowanta: 7:15am On Jun 15, 2016
Buhari's ekonomi was telling on the fraudster.
Sorry Wizzy.

1 Like

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by CAPSLOCKED: 7:39am On Jun 15, 2016
Afrok:
Nigeria media eh... she was arrested no picture, a student of one university in Nigeria no name, and worst is her name wasn't even mentioned shocked

This country sef, this same girl or her partners in crime, might be using the same pic to scam other people as I type this nowundecided.

WE'LL GET TO SEE SUCH SCRAB NEWS ON THE INTERNET EVERYDAY, FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES BRO.

2 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Afrok(m): 7:40am On Jun 15, 2016
Nigeria media eh... she was arrested no picture, a student of one university in Nigeria no name, and worst is her name wasn't even mentioned shocked

This country sef, this same girl or her partners in crime, might be using the same pic to scam other people as I type this nowundecided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by pendusky(m): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2016
You are eating alone, that why they are jealous.. lol grin grin
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Jimadey(f): 7:45am On Jun 15, 2016
Thank God for the master plan
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Emmaoga: 7:45am On Jun 15, 2016
next
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Lilimax(f): 7:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Story for the gods but thank God for redeeming your image embarassed
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Peacetemi: 7:46am On Jun 15, 2016
Jimi23:

6 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Roon9(m): 7:47am On Jun 15, 2016
Dad: son, what's d difference between a piano, a tuna n a bucket of glue?

Me: I don't no

Dad: well, u can tuna piano but u can't piano a tuna grin

Me: ha hahaaahaa! Wat about the glue?

Dad: I knew u wud get stuck there grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by henrydadon(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2016
Seem wizkid is just getting to know what igbo people can do grin grin

Next time whenever he sees an igbo person he will be force to take an "expensive shit" by force just to get away from them

2 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by shakablaiize(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2016
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Jeus(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2016
Mehn, The lady had no chill.
Meanwhile, I don't understand how wizkid career was almost ruined by that.
Dude got the number 1 song in US, and his currently touring with Chris Brown.
His life is too lit.

2 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by okuneddie(m): 7:49am On Jun 15, 2016
Eyah in seyi law's voice "in this fasting".....meanwhile.......

Pls note ds! For those of u
that will
start bombarding me with
provisions for
Ramadan, let me inform you that I
dont
want bournvita this time around
coz it
makes me sleep a lot, I prefer milo
(Baba
Sala) coz I need lots of energy, also
three
crowns milk nauseates me, I prefer
peak
milk (liquid), its works well for ma
body, I
dont want milo sardine o, titus
sardine
(original brand) wa ok, granulated
sugar
purges me too, St. Louis sugar is
better,
then dont bring Nasco cornflakes, I
prefer
Kellogs. Others include but not
limited to
Mango and Pineapple juice, Fresh
fruits, I
don't want agbalumo o! Cartons of
Malta
Guinness, fresh salad from Mr.
Bigg's (I
dont really like Cooperative salad, it
upsets
my tummy), 5crates of fresh eggs
with
chicken or beef, Vegetable oil, Palm
oil and
bag of rice. Pls, don't boda urself to
make
'Ogi' for me, Hollandias curstard
(5bags)
ma wapa fun mi.
Tnk u so much! May Allah continue
to bless
you as you honour this little request
from
ur one & only friend! One love!
Ramadan
Kareem Remember to add swiss
lace or
french lace 10yrd 4 aso odun.

5 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Segadem(m): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2016
Hmmmmm, oyibo go, how can u trade a business of $53,000 on Facebook?

1 Like

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Genea(f): 7:51am On Jun 15, 2016
wizkid mmmmmm
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by smallJagaban: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2016
WHY IS IT THAT ONLY YORUBA IS DOMINATING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Ekejoestar(m): 7:53am On Jun 15, 2016
K
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by slysteel: 7:54am On Jun 15, 2016
Afrok:

can't you see the girls picture below that of wizkid's? didn't you also read her name is ifeoma and she schools in delsu?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Earth2Metahuman: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2016
Damn ipobian.

I remember reading a story of how wizkid got 500k and didnt appear for the show.

WizKid came out and denied collecting any money and that he is bigger than 500k.. People still abuse and rain curses on the poor boy for saying he is bigger than 500k. Not knowing its the ipobian bitch spoiling the good name of omoluabi WizKid.
He had to pay the people the money he didn't collect, imagine.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Nobody: 7:55am On Jun 15, 2016
Is Facebook that official to do business? Still wondering.

2 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by THONZE(m): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2016
EHYA....CRIME DOES NOT PAY...SAY NO TO CRIME....I PRAY THE REMAINING CASES FAVOURS YOU...

1 Like

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by ErnieSmallzz(f): 7:56am On Jun 15, 2016
.wizkid no know say IGBO people and MONEY be like grin

7 Likes

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Segadem(m): 7:57am On Jun 15, 2016
smallJagaban:
WHY IS IT THAT ONLY YORUBA IS DOMINATING THE MUSIC INDUSTRY?
it is not just only Yoruba but Lagos, no matter how good artist is, if u don't affiliate your self to Lagos then u will remain local champion for life

[size=19pt]Lagos Rules... [/size]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by absoluteSuccess: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2016
wizfraud teenager
Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by Nobody: 7:59am On Jun 15, 2016
CAPSLOCKED:

WE'LL GET TO SEE SUCH SCRAB NEWS ON THE INTERNET EVERYDAY, FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES BRO.
I Doubt U Are Okay! Better Go 4 Check.

1 Like

Re: Impersonator Almost Ruined My Career – Wizkid Speaks by ring7(m): 7:59am On Jun 15, 2016
Abegii wizkid is taking it personal,free that guy joor or u don't know that time are hard,same happened to Yul but he plead and abeg those fraudster to rake runs easy that he knew tons are hard now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Christy Daniels Distributes Shoes To IDP School Children (Photos) / DJ Cuppy Signs Endorsement Deal With Maybelline, American Makeup Brand / Paul Okoye's Photoshoot With Munosings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.