Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam (9832 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:37pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

If the government today who is not all perfect, all merciful all loving sud kill an innocent child for the sins of the parents, what wud u say about such a leader?
If the government sud send down troops to wipe out an entire town because they worshipped idols, wat wud be your comment...pls answer sincerely and for once, locate your humanity

God is both a loving God and a consuming fire . He is the giver and taker of lives . He can even chose to take someone's life for reasons best known to Him .

And it is obvious , you didn't read the post . I gave you a link that addresses your argument . Will you question a Judge's actions seeing that he has the discretion to pass judgement that involves the loss of the lives of the guilty offender
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
urahara:

U misunderstood him. ( i don taya for u sef. )

He obviously only said that the burden of proof lies on the one making the claim not the one refuting the claim.

Chaiiii cry undecided

Lol , loller , lollest
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:39pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

God is both a loving God and a consuming fire . He is the giver and taker of lives . He can even chose to take someone's life for reasons best known to Him .

And it is obvious , you didn't read the post . I gave you a link that addresses your argument . Will you question a Judge's actions seeing that he has the discretion to pass judgement that involves the loss of the lives of the guilty offender

Oh son of man! why ve thou evaded the question! is thine conscience hunting ye?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:42pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

if I'd asked u the age of the earth, wat wud u ve said?

According to science , its 4 or 5 billion years . I can't remember which though
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

So the suckling infants who yahweh orderd to be killed by the isrealis where offenders ryt.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:44pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

According to science , its 4 or 5 billion years . I can't remember which though
according to the bible is about 6000 years...
which is close to being correct?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:45pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

Oh son of man! why ve thou evaded the question! is thine conscience hunting ye?

They committed genocide , I think
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Some people take those stories as allegories : MrPresident1 and sukkot

and because you bear misconceptions about those stories , you think they are dumb

Swearie , why ?
Seriously? This is what you come back with? Two persons who think the stories have hidden meanings?

Misconception you say? What is so confusing about a snake giving a woman a fruit to eat, telling her she knew nothing till she eats it?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

according to the bible is about 6000 years...
which is close to being correct?

which verse of the bible did you get that from You might teach me a thing or two smiley
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

They committed genocide , I think
who committed genocide? The toddlers of egypt or the God of Israel?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dblackninja: 11:46pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Trolls are gadflies and trolling is fun to anyone who is not being feasted on .

A conscious anthropomorphic deity who created the universe . Well , apparently , atheists think this is a hypothesis - "God-hypothesis "- since scientifically the cause of the universe is unknown .

The thing is , atheists repudiate/abnegate the God-hypothesis without proof . So the purpose of this thread is to address this pathetic mentality . If God is one of the "possibilities" for the cause of the universe , why do they reject it ? Isn't that close-mindedness Or better still being ignorant ?

In essence a superhuman, an almighty being not bound by anything right?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:48pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

which verse of the bible did you get that from You might teach me a thing or two smiley
itz common sense as the universe was created in six days,
Adam to Jesus according to the generations stated clearly in the bible could not have been more than 4000 years. from jesus to our generation about 2000 years....do the maths abi u no sabi bible again?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:49pm On Jun 15, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Seriously? This is what you come back with? Two persons who think the stories have hidden meanings?

Misconception you say? What is so confusing about a snake giving a woman a fruit to eat, telling her she knew nothing till she eats it?

I have addressed this before .

1. The snake was most likely possessed by Satan

2. The story is allegorical

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:50pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
What is a miracle?

A man got a job and owns a car - Miracle.

The car, a product of years of engineering - blessing.

How poor are you Christians... you require God to own a car. Lmfao.

grin grin grin. Epic. U are a funny bastard.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:51pm On Jun 15, 2016
realmindz:

itz common sense as the universe was created in six days,
Adam to Jesus according to the generations stated clearly in the bible could not have been more than 4000 years. from jesus to our generation about 2000 years....do the maths abi u no sabi bible again?

The earth was restored/recreated in six days .

Just hold on

Read Genesis 1 : 1 and Genesis 1 : 2

Tell me what/how you felt , or what could you deduce from reading those verses

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:52pm On Jun 15, 2016
urahara:

grin grin grin. Epic. U are a funny bastard.

He does not own a car . So the joke is on him
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by olarhtunji(m): 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
sonoflucifer what a name...
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:53pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Just hold on

I don't ve a bible so pls explain....
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:55pm On Jun 15, 2016
dblackninja:

In essence a superhuman, an almighty being not bound by anything right?

Not a superhuman , humanoid robots are designed in the image of man- resembles man - but man is not addressed as a super-robot . God is not bound by laws of nature , morality laws etc
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:56pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Most likely, you don't even know what to think. grin grin grin

My friend go rest, your god is non existent.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 11:59pm On Jun 15, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Just hold on

and remember God created the animals on the 5th day (eve though some dinosaurs and some extinct animals existed several hundred millions of years ago)

And God created the stars on the 4th day (even though some stars are several billions of years old)

anyway continue, ayam listening
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:00am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

I don't ve a bible so pls explain....

Genesis 1 : 1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1 : 2 - Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

See , there is a gap between vs 1 and 2 . Where did the water come from , plus earth was already in existence .

So the six days as written in the bible was the reconstruction of earth .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 12:02am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Genesis 1 : 1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

Genesis 1 : 2 - Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.

See , there is a gap between vs 1 and 2 . Where did the water come from , plus earth was already in existence .

So the six days as written in the bible was the reconstruction of earth .

Take this and good night:

Remember God created the animals on the 5th day (even though dinosaurs and some extinct animals existed several hundred millions of years ago)
And God created the stars on the 4th day (even though some stars are several billions of years old)

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 12:05am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Anything that doesn't make sense in the bible is allegorical. Very soon the whole bible will be allegorical.

Some Christians have even said a worldwide flood never took place but a local flood.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by dblackninja: 12:06am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Not a superhuman , humanoid robots are designed in the image of man- resembles man - but man is not addressed as a super-robot . God is not bound by laws of nature , morality laws etc
You said it/he/she is anthropomorphic and a deity as well--that means a superhuman. Or aren't you the one that used the terms?

Anyway you said that this thing, not bound by any laws is the source of the universe right?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:08am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

and remember God created the animals on the 5th day (eve though some dinosaurs and some extinct animals existed several hundred millions of years ago)

anyway continue, ayam listening

Their functionalities were restored
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 12:08am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

Remember God created the animals on the 5th day (even though dinosaurs and some extinct animals existed several hundred millions of years ago)

God created plants and lights before the sun. Chaii, how did plants survive
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
realmindz:

[b]Remember God created the animals on the 5th day (even though dinosaurs and some extinct animals existed several hundred millions of years ago)

God created new animals in the restored earth . Those animals belong to the 'first earth '

God restored the functionality of those bodies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by lepasharon(f): 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Thanks. Wish I could say the same about yours.

grin I can't deal with you!
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 12:10am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Their functionalities were restored
True story, either the functionality of ur brain need to be restored or the bible....
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by realmindz: 12:13am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

God created new animals in the restored earth . Those animals belong to the 'first earth '

God restored the functionality of those bodies

created new animals ok....but the bible said he created the stars, pls which bible are u reading? I didn't see anywhr where the stars were restored, guess the stars went out of power...Nepa don dey operate for space for long
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 12:17am On Jun 16, 2016
dblackninja:

You said it/he/she is anthropomorphic and a deity as well--that means a superhuman. Or aren't you the one that used the terms?

Why stress yourself with the pronouns . Just say God and continue ... smh . Another atheist I have to engage in a logomachy with . Anthropomorphic means described with human features to a being not human . I can see aliens today and describe them as anthropomorphic so that you'd get a vivid description - it does not make them super-humans

Anyway you said that this thing, not bound by any laws is the source of the universe right?

God is not a thing . If you gona make further pejorative descriptions about God , then just forget it

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian / Tribute To Pastor Ify Irukwu Of Jesus House London Who Passed Away On 4/6/2007 / Paul Kalanithi: Why I Gave Up On Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.