Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam (9831 Views)

Any Current/former Opus Dei Here? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Words of wisdom bro . So how does it apply here ?

..have you read the comments and line of reasoning of folks on this thread and similar threads.. and you tell me it is not neck-deep in reciprocated rabble-rousing. this is my 3rd ID on Nairaland.. been here since 2005 and nothing has changed when it comes to discussions of this nature.. there is a deep trend of selective reasoning that befuddles a sane mind. I tire ooh
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 9:58am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You are not making any sense my dear.

You have to prove it

Not knowing how the earth came to be for a fact, doesn't mean god did it and you are the one claiming he did it,ergo the onus is on you to provide the video evidence you talked about.

And you have always rejected the "God-hypothesis " , shows that you are close-minded

I'd rather try and find answers to some of those questions by using my brain, than believe whatever unverifiable nonsense religion teaches like a brainless zombie.

Lol . Religious people are involved in scientific researches as they seek explanations of how God must have done it . You see atheists have never made sense undecided
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 10:01am On Jun 16, 2016
everydayperson:

..have you read the comments and line of reasoning of folks on this thread and similar threads.. and you tell me it is not neck-deep in reciprocated rabble-rousing. this is my 3rd ID on Nairaland.. been here since 2005 and nothing has changed when it comes to discussions of this nature.. there is a deep trend of selective reasoning that befuddles a sane mind. I tire ooh

Let me get things clear , are you for or ag ainst the arguments of these atheists foolish ones
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by DeSepiero(m): 10:07am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:

ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. << HUMANS ARE BEASTS. HUMANS WHO DONT OBEY GODS WAY ARE CALLED BEASTS IN THE BIBLE. LOLZZZ I GUESS YOU DIDNT SEE THAT PART IN YOUR BIBLE ?

WOMAN, SERPENT IS A CUNNY DUBIOUS EVIL MAN. CASE CLOSED. THIS BIBLE IS TOO STRONG FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND

Unfortunately, you don't know how to study a book well.

3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Isn't that specific enough for a snake?
If at all you can study well, don't be biased.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:29am On Jun 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

Unfortunately, you don't know how to study a book well.

3:14 And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life.3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

Isn't that specific enough for a snake?
If at all you can study well, don't be biased.
Its specific enough for a snake if you are un-enlightened, but if you are enlightened and your frequency of vibration and chakras are activated and you are a higher spiritual being then you see behind words and know what they truly mean. so crawling on your belly and eating dust means you will be put in a low state. its symbolic speech used in the bible a lot. for example here is it used for ancient babylon empire

isaiah 47 vs 1 Come down, and sit in the dust, O virgin daughter of Babylon, sit on the ground: there is no throne, O daughter of the Chaldeans: for thou shalt no more be called tender and delicate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:30am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:

ECCLESIASTES 3 VS 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. << HUMANS ARE BEASTS. HUMANS WHO DONT OBEY GODS WAY ARE CALLED BEASTS IN THE BIBLE. LOLZZZ I GUESS YOU DIDNT SEE THAT PART IN YOUR BIBLE ?

WOMAN, SERPENT IS A CUNNY DUBIOUS EVIL MAN. CASE CLOSED. THIS BIBLE IS TOO STRONG FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND
I find it quite hilarious the way you try and twist these things.

A poster above has answered you perfectly on this. You can now come up with more ridiculousness. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 10:35am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

A poster above has answered you perfectly on this. You can now come up with more ridiculousness. grin

I told you some people see the bible as allegorical and have perfect explanations for everything . Go ahead and argue with him , apparently its an otiose exercise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:35am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You have to prove it

And you have always rejected the "God-hypothesis " , shows that you are close-minded

Lol . Religious people are involved in scientific researches as they seek explanations of how God must have done it . You see atheists have never made sense undecided
1. Your pattern of reasoning is proof enough.

2. The God hypothesis has no intelligent background , hence the rejection.

3.how does religionists being involved in scientific researches, prove that religion doesn't teach unverifiable nonsense?

You my friend have a brain, use it.
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:37am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

lolz you are the one twisting the bible not me. the bible tells you so many times not to take it literal. by reading it literally you are twisting the meaning

galatian 4 vs 24 Which things are an allegory: <<< LETTING YOU KNOW THE BIBLE IS AN ALLEGORY

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, <<<< LETTING YOU KNOW HE WROTE THE BIBLE IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN THINGS. ITS CALLED ESOTERIC

MATTHEW 13 VS 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? <<< EVERYTHING IS DONE IN PARABLES. IF YOU HAVENT WISED ON TO THAT BY NOW THEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE LOST SHEEPS

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:39am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

I told you some people see the bible as allegorical and have perfect explanations for everything . Go ahead and argue with him , apparently its an otiose exercise
shocked ' BREAKS OUT MY DICTIONARY FOR THIS NEW WORD ' grin grin
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:42am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Seriously though Ebuka, how do you reason? Via your bum bum?

I have no issues with how some people decide to interpret the bible, expecting me to take the nonsense they spew while at it is what I have an issue with. How you think those explanations perfect, is bewildering to say the least.

The fact that you have no particular standpoint is enough to tell any sane mind you people are talking bull, y'all choose a base and then maybe, just maybe, the argument will hold water.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:42am On Jun 16, 2016
otiose
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
o·ti·ose (ō′shē-ōs′, ō′tē-)
adj.
1. Lazy; indolent.
2. Of no use; pointless or superfluous: It is otiose to review what happened when the events are so well-known.
3. Ineffective; futile. See Synonyms at vain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:47am On Jun 16, 2016
MARK 4 VS 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:” <<<< EVRYTHING IS DONE IN PARABLES AND ONLY THE WISE WILL KNOW THE MYSTERIES OF THE PARABLES.

LIKE YOU HAVE TO BE BRAIN DEAD TO THINK A LITERAL SNAKE WAS TALKING TO A WOMAN AND OFFERING A WOMAN FRUIT. THAT IS THE LOWEST FORM OF INTELLIGENCE TO POSSESS IF YOU THINK THIS IS A LITERAL STORY. ITS LIKE THE MYTHOLOGY OF ODUDUWA FALLING FROM THE SKY AND COMING DOWN TO EARTH. YOU WILL BE STUPID TO THINK A MAN FELL FROM THE SKY AND ESTABLISHED A RACE OF PEOPLE. PEOPLE IN THE OLDEN DAYS USED PARABLES AND MYTHOLOGY TO EXPRESS THEMSELVES. IF YOU HAVENT FIGURED THAT OUT BY NOW YOU MAY NEED A BRAIN TUNE-UP grin grin
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by DeSepiero(m): 10:50am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

I am only amazed that some people (theists especially) could be so dogmatic and accept that a print of ancient text is so accurate and without flaw.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:52am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
lolz you are the one twisting the bible not me. the bible tells you so many times not to take it literal. by reading it literally you are twisting the meaning

galatian 4 vs 24 Which things are an allegory: <<< LETTING YOU KNOW THE BIBLE IS AN ALLEGORY

PSALMS 78 VS 2 I will open my mouth with a parable; I will utter hidden things, <<<< LETTING YOU KNOW HE WROTE THE BIBLE IN PARABLES AND HIDDEN THINGS. ITS CALLED ESOTERIC

MATTHEW 13 VS 10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables? <<< EVERYTHING IS DONE IN PARABLES. IF YOU HAVENT WISED ON TO THAT BY NOW THEN YOU ARE ONE OF THE LOST SHEEPS
Smh, I've told you your own case is simply bordering on pure insanity but you didn't believe me.

So everything in the bible is allegorical because Jesus spake some parables and two women representing covenants, were said to be an allegory?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2016
DeSepiero:

I am only amazed that some people (theists especially) could be so dogmatic and accept that a print of ancient text is so accurate and without flaw.
My dear, words fail me. cry
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 10:54am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Smh, I've told you your own case is simply bordering on pure insanity but you didn't believe me.

So everything in the bible is allegorical because Jesus spake some parables and two women representing covenants, were said to be an allegory?
sukkot:
MARK 4 VS 11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:” <<<< EVRYTHING IS DONE IN PARABLES AND ONLY THE WISE WILL KNOW THE MYSTERIES OF THE PARABLES.

ALL these things are done in parables. ALL not some. ALL
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:

ALL these things are done in parables. ALL not some. ALL
The bible and you are talking rubbish if you really believe that parables is everything written in there.

Why couldn't odudua have fallen from the sky, he was no ordinary man, was he?
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Not everything , just the parts that contradict conventional wisdom and common sense .

E. G. Jacob being able to make goats produce offsprings with stripes by making them look at striped rods while mating

Or

Absaloms hair weighing 2.2 kg when cut every year while an average persons hair produces about 0. 0076 kg annually

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
The bible and you are talking rubbish if you really believe that parables is everything written in there.

Oh you believe a man fell from the sky and created the yoruba people ? lol. well I guess your own case is bigger than the bible. everything in life is literal to you lolz. grin

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

At times , these xtians talk as if when they got baptised their common sense and reasoning was washed away.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:07am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
Oh you believe a man fell from the sky and created the yoruba people ? lol. well I guess your own case is bigger than the bible. everything in life is literal to you lolz. grin
If I'm to take the nonsense you are saying, why shouldn't I believe the odudua story?

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:

african creation mythology, the OPERATIVE word being MYTHOLOGY

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mitos_creacion/esp_mitoscreacion_0.htm <<< CHECK THE ODUDUWA MYTHOLOGY IN HERE. ITS A MYTH NOT REALITY
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:08am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
shocked ' BREAKS OUT MY DICTIONARY FOR THIS NEW WORD ' grin grin

grin grin grin ... bro sukky sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:09am On Jun 16, 2016
urahara:

Not everything , just the parts that contradict conventional wisdom and common sense .

E. G. Jacob being able to make goats produce offsprings with stripes by making them look at striped rods while mating

Or

Absaloms hair weighing 2.2 kg when cut every year while an average persons hair produces about 0. 0076 kg annually
You are so right.

But Jesus healing the sick and turning water to wine isn't an allegory, mschew, very myopic reasoning. angry

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by KingEbukaNaija: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
otiose
Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Wikipedia.
o·ti·ose (ō′shē-ōs′, ō′tē-)
adj.
1. Lazy; indolent.
2. Of no use; pointless or superfluous: It is otiose to review what happened when the events are so well-known.
3. Ineffective; futile. See Synonyms at vain.

Lolz . I just dey tell am say since you sabi bible wella arguing with you would be pointless/futile/of no use

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by urahara(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
You are so right.

But Jesus healing the sick and turning water to wine isn't an allegory, mschew, very myopic reasoning. angry

But this same set of hypocrites wont bother to see the stories in the qu ran as being allegorical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
african creation mythology, the OPERATIVE word being MYTHOLOGY

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/mitos_creacion/esp_mitoscreacion_0.htm <<< CHECK THE ODUDUWA MYTHOLOGY IN HERE. ITS A MYTH NOT REALITY
Nonsense.

You can call those myths and yours isn't? You are a joker, all those god, Jesus, jehovah and what have you stories are on the same level as the oduduas and amadiohas.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:14am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
If I'm to take the nonsense you are saying, why shouldn't I believe the odudua story?
Listen let me let you in on a lil secret>>> all the secrets of this world are hidden in mythology. you better learn how to decode it or you will just be lost in this world thinking life is about material things. from the onset of civilization till now, all secrets have been hidden in mythology. in ancient egypt you have the mythology of heru and hathor and amun and sekhmet and ptah etc etc, in sumer it is the mythology of gilgamesh, in greek it is dionysus and diana and eros and cupido and admetos and zeus and poseidon etc etc and in roman empire it is apollo and Jesus christ and etc etc. all the secrets are hidden in mythology stories. thats just how the world is and only the enlightened know the answers. you have to join mystery schools like the freemasons to get some of the answers. the rest of those who dont have the answers are called cattle or zombies or sheeple

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Nonsense.

You can call those myths and yours isn't? You are a joker, all those god, Jesus, jehovah and what have you stories are on the same level as the oduduas and amadiohas.
they are all mythology is what i am tryna tell ya. adam and eve and the snake is mythology but there is a hidden meaning behind it. you are the one taking it literal not me
Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sukkot: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Lolz . I just dey tell am say since you sabi bible wella arguing with you would be pointless/futile/of no use
lolz thats a cool word bro. you learn everything. thats my wisdom learnt for today supplied by yours truly KingEbukaNaija wink cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nairaland athei potes probare contra Dei non-existentiam by sweetcocoa(f): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2016
sukkot:
they are all mythology is what i am tryna tell ya. adam and eve and the snake is mythology but there is a hidden meaning behind it. you are the one taking it literal not me
Since they are myths, why are you trying to pass them off as truth?

A myth is what it is, a myth, ain't nothing hidden/deep about it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Top 15 Quotes By Famous Atheists / “masturbation And Fornication Are No Longer Sinful” – Pope Francis / 10 Must-know Reasons To Forgive As A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.