Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,923 members, 7,802,992 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? (20955 Views)

Poll: Studying abroad vs Studying in Nigeria

I prefer Nigeria: 16% (17 votes)
I prefer Abroad: 83% (89 votes)
This poll has ended

Is It Better To Study In The UK Or Study In Dubai / Schooling Abroad Or Nigeria / Masters Abroad Or Nigeria Which Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Don4life: 11:33am On Aug 30, 2009
Which do you prefer? For University here or there?
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Again2(m): 4:10pm On Aug 30, 2009
Depend on how u look at it, financial wise Nigeria will be the best.but for decent and fair educational system then stay away from Nigeria, i can go on and on, but let me not bore u
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by symbian03(m): 6:19pm On Aug 30, 2009
Study Abroad ooo! This is what you should know already. Men, this blood sucking nigeria does limit ones educational plan. I no fit shout jare
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Rebarobyn: 8:18pm On Aug 30, 2009
stay in Nigeria cos the quality of education is good, no strikes, no need to bribe your way to pass, no cultism and violence, its paradise studying in Nigeria wink
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by mattfeuter(m): 10:55pm On Aug 30, 2009
1st of all, wu started dis thread?
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Aug 30, 2009
Stupid comparism! Nonsense and ingredients! angry grin
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Borat1: 12:29am On Aug 31, 2009
Poster should try stand up comedy,
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by nethacker(m): 3:07pm On Aug 31, 2009
y do u ask questions that u already have its answers
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Don4life: 9:28am On Sep 01, 2009
Thanks Every1,u re d bomb
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by allboyz(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2009
mi think this topic does not deserve a thread. . . its can not be compared. . . . . .

Education in Niaja and abroad?

its like comparing Bread and Butter with Bread and stew. . .

1 Like

Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by tokunegiye(m): 4:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
you dey play! what kind of question is this abroad or 9ja which is that with all the strake that we havein 9ja look away is my choose.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by calyx: 4:19pm On Sep 01, 2009
This thread really does not make sense!
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Isisasi: 4:39pm On Sep 01, 2009
allboyz:

mi think this topic does not deserve a thread. . . its can not be compared. . . . . .

Education in Niaja and abroad?

its like comparing Bread and Butter with Bread and stew. . .

I prefer bread and stew anyday!
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by otukpo(f): 5:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
Abroad of course for obvious reseans
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by oshkosh(m): 5:07pm On Sep 01, 2009
If everyone goes abroad, who will lecturers sell handouts too? Abi you are not concerned for their welfare shocked

Abeg consider others cheesy grin
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Secretz(f): 5:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
I always wondered what people who studied in nigeria and abroad felt about studying in both places. . . . . When I have all my children. . . . . I would prefer them to prolly study primary school level abroad (as they would still be young), however, I've though I would want to send them at secondary age to a very well respected, private school (top notch) in nigeria basically because I feel the discipline side of things would be better. . . . . I dunno. . .someone school me on this issue please. . . . grin
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Princek12(m): 5:34pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ride in a Mercedes-Benz or ride on Okada? Study under constant light or read with candle or lantern aka atupa? Abeg make I dey go.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by kech(f): 6:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
I don't blame anyone who wants to study "abroad'. I did it too. Was supposed to spend 6 years in Architecture school (Bachelors + Masters) but bailed after my B.Sc because of the countless strikes and the end was nowhere in sight. Things you need to consider b4 studying "abroad".

1 .You need to define "abroad"!!!,  Once you cross naija border, is it classified as "abroad"? If so, you are on your own.

2.  I can tell you for free that there are some schools in the US and UK that are not worth going to as per the quality of education. A lot of people go there cos they take any Tom, D*** and Harry. If you can find your way there (getting a visa), and you have money to pay the fees, you're all set. All they want is your money. At least you can have an "abroad" certificate abi?

DISCLAIMER NOTE: Please bear in mind that some companies are aware that people just go to anyhow schools just to get that "abroad" certificate so if you go to the University of the "boondocks". Chances are it's not going to win you any special favours.

3.  Unless you really want to, or are trying to escape the ongoing ASUU strikes, Studying some courses "abroad" don't really make a lot of difference. If you are in the Technical/Technological and Medical field, yes, there's a HUGE advantage.

Finally, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't for once think that studying "abroad" gives you a free pass to a job in Naija. If you plan on returning to Naija. Get a little experience before coming back to strengthen your skill set and give yourself an advantage or else you are no different than the average Naija graduate. I can tell you again FOR FREE that I know some people who studied "abroad" and are still without work.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:58pm On Sep 01, 2009
It's all down to choice and opportunity. Like someone mentioned, studying overseas doesn't give you an advantage in the Nigerian labour market, and it's a heck of a lot of money to bet on if you've got options here in Nigeria.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
i prefer abroad in some aspect and naija in another, depends on the way u want to view it undecided undecided
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by posakosa(m): 7:09pm On Sep 01, 2009
abroad do you mean: Somalia, Pakistan, Afghannistan, India, Sudan undecided undecided

where exactly is abroad ?
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by princekevo(m): 7:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
Someday someone will come on NL and ask
Papa and pikin which one senior?
trust NL the person will also find the answer.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by mrperfect(m): 7:14pm On Sep 01, 2009
Depends on circumstances
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Again2(m): 7:22pm On Sep 01, 2009
mrperfect:

Depends on circumstances

If i'm married, have kids, they will not do their primary or secondary education here in the UK, they have to do it in a good school in Nigeria, when they are abt 20 yrs of age or more they can come over here for their University education.
Bring up kids here is hard, the society is not helping it even. I feel for some responsible parents here.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by MUZBO(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
@poster, which do you prefer- Malaria or AIDS?

Seun!! Comot this thread o!
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by MUZBO(m): 7:23pm On Sep 01, 2009
@poster, which do you prefer- Malaria or AIDS?

Seun!! Comot this thread o!

1 Like

Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by cvibe: 7:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
@ Again2

I think it's the family system rather than the UK society.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by MUZBO(m): 7:27pm On Sep 01, 2009
princekevo:

Someday someone will come on NL and ask
Papa and pikin which one senior?
trust NL the person will also find the answer.
Yeeeeeee! I wanted to start that thread tomorrow before o! I was even hoping for front page like this dumb thread got.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Again2(m): 7:35pm On Sep 01, 2009
cvibe:

@ Again2

I think it's the family system rather than the UK society.

I think both contributed, even the govt policies as well
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Borat1: 7:49pm On Sep 01, 2009

Abroad do you mean: Somalia, Pakistan, Afghanistan, India, Sudan
I guess all these countries have better educational systems than nigeria.
Re: Study Abroad Or Study In Nigeria? by Donvilo(m): 8:50pm On Sep 01, 2009
Studying overseas is good. Nigeria is also another good place to study. Is just that the only big difference b/w 9ja and other country is bribery and corruption which have crave up to the hearts of many nigerian peeps. That's why u can hardly hav a sound education here in nigeria. It's only the rich that have better opportunities than the less privilege ones. As for me, I think studying abroad is better. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is Intelligence Quotient (IQ) And How Is It Measured? / 5 Reasons Most Students Are Not Offered Admission Despite High Post-utme Score / #SexforGrades: UNIPORT Bans Hugging Between Lecturers And Female Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.