Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:11 PM

Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend (47852 Views)

Shy Bride Refuses To Kiss Groom At The Altar In Port Harcourt. Photo / Man Harasses His Female Neighbour By Masturbating Constantly In Her Presence / See How Guy Insulted The Hell Out Of Lady Just Because She Cancelled Their Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by schumastic(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:

If you were the guy, would you accept she come with her friends?

No need for the insults, by the way

why not they can come is a free world can't stop anyone from coming since is a public place not like is my house or something, most important thing is that, i don't have any business with them just the person i planned taking out to have a good time with.

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by KAYD007(m): 10:54am On Jun 16, 2016
PassingShot:
[size=15pt]The guy messed up big time.

He was informed of her friends coming and he gave the nod.

At that time, he could have given an indication he was not cool with those friends being around. Any reason would do.

By refusing to pay, and not offering apology for not paying, show he is the opposite of a gentleman.[/size]

If na APC do this na , you will say otherwise grin
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 16, 2016
That girl/lady is unknowingly wicked.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by histemple: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:
Lol. I know guys will enjoy this story. Buh I think the guy in this story is quite a jerk!! For heaven's sake she mentioned that she'll be coming with her 2 friends, and the pomo gut Said YES! Since you know you weren't financially buoyant to cater for all of them, why agree to let her come with her friends? I'm sure she'd have still come if you told her not to come with her friends. Let's be unsentimental and say the truth biko. The level of immaturity in some guys in quite annoying

(Oya Bashirus!!! Ngwanu, coman bash me!! I dey wait!! I know Y'all! So I won't be surprised tongue)

Obviously you are a lady.
Were you expecting the guy to tell her not to come with her friends?
Why will the guy stop people that want to go and see a movie?

Remember that she didn't tell the guy that her friends will depend on him to pay for their tickets and all.

Then why can't she even buy tickets for everybody including the boy? Is it a taboo to do so?

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 10:56am On Jun 16, 2016
I love that.

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by donbenedict(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
koboko69:

She did not ask if he had money to pay. What's thr sense tagging friends along on a "first" date. Is that not to be b/w 2 prospective couples for the fact they haven't even met b4.
Thr guy could assume she meant is it ok to bring my friends on our first date.
Its only in Africa you have to spend for gf and all her friends to impress.
sha thank God I really am not a fan of visiting the cinema.. well if I were the guy and she asked me whether she would bring her friends along, I would simply tell her no.. it's a first date.

It's dat simple, instead of leading her on to bring her friends with the though he will cover the bills.. though I agree with u at some point because I created a thread sometime in the past about this idea Nigerian ladies do hav of "the guy being the one to foot d bills"

I stated that it's really not a shame for both parties to share the bills.

Now in her case, I believe she must have had the notion of him agreeing to foot the bills following his agreement in allowing her friends join them..

If he knew that he wasn't gona sponsor dem, den he ought to have made dat clear. Ah mean what stops a man from telling a lady see, they can come buh I won't be able to pay their ticket fee..
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by veraiyke(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
Poster you're the weird one who acts gentle when you're not. The guy agreed your friends can join you guys see a movie. He didn't agree to pay their tickets. Dates are dates. They are meant to be with just two persons. By attaching your friends you've already made it an outing and no longer a date. Shikena. Kudos to the guy. He did no wrong

4 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by roymary: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
grin grin grin

Better guy wey God go bless! Na me that guy revenge for!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by goodgate: 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
clogogo:

I wish the didn't inform him of her friends that would have be a thumbs up , but I guess he was to broke to pain for her friends ... Some guys self no get money but wan get babe... Just imagine First day ..I can't go on a first date and not hold excess incase.. " That guy is a broke Dude
Are you a werey? Get out this thread you son of a pauper.

2 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by AkumahTalk(m): 10:57am On Jun 16, 2016
[size=14pt]Where did you guys learn this "Gentleman" thing from? Abi na Oyibo teach una. Don't worry, the day Oyibo man/woman invite you for a night out; go with an empty pocket and expect scholarship. You will not only end up being embarrassed but in debt as well.
[/size]

PassingShot:
[size=15pt]The guy messed up big time.

He was informed of her friends coming and he gave the nod.

At that time, he could have given an indication he was not cool with those friends being around. Any reason would do.

By refusing to pay, and not offering apology for not paying, show he is the opposite of a gentleman.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Pyno30: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2016
mayorkyzo:
Correct guy...
Somebody shud pls give the guy 6bottles of heineken...
I have given him the 6bottles. It's 3k, i cum collect money biko no weste my time.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Kgdavid(m): 10:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:

Bros you no lie o0o!! And to think that almost all the guys that are commenting are actually hailing this mumu, is quite appalling!

of a truth he should have been open with her from the start but some girls too are not very sensible. Aside from the money aspect of it, come on mann it's a date, why should your friends come along?? If i wanted to hang out in a group, don't i have friends of my own to invite?

Where else in the world is this done apart from Nigeria? Been to a lot of places mann including other African countries and i can tell you honestly no one thinks like this except for Nigerian girls, which shows that to them we men are merely tools at first sight.

It can be disheartening.

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 16, 2016
Why are men angry with her na?

Ambition in women is not encouraged in Nigeria. Money making and self sufficiency is not encouraged instead, women are raised to believe men should provide for them while they (the women) should focus on finding husbands and being good wives. If they spend time making money to buy things for themselves the men will start insulting her and calling her old cargo.
Many will even shun her if she has money because she will not be 'submissive'.

How will the girl not bring herself and her million friends and expect the man to pay?

You men should gerrarahia with your unrealistic expectations jor.

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Shaakay(m): 10:59am On Jun 16, 2016
Good for her. His saying cool might not mean he's taking up their bills.

A date above two obviously is a crowd, maybe his saying cool means i don't worry about the crowd. It would have saved her the embarrassment if she had clarify herself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by habsydiamond(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2016
The guy nice oooo. E for carry the lady and her friends to the cost restaurant to eat. When dem don chop about 20k finish he go find him way. Maybe after dem don watch plate tire dem do get sense.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Swagztv(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2016
mamachizzy:
Am a lady, but I support that guy. Did the guy ask to go on a date with the gal, or with her friends; Ladies need to stop this nonsense. A guy asks u out, and u want to go with ur entire kindred just to see if he will impress u, does that sound normal
Beside since the money was "just 3k", why is she complaining. While u are busy thinking he needs to impress u, u forget that u also need to impress him. Bringing all ur gal frnds along for a date with a guy, says a lot about u as a lady!!!!!
one bottle of non-alcholic Origin for u...

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by smtx(m): 11:00am On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:
Lol. I know guys will enjoy this story. Buh I think the guy in this story is quite a jerk!! For heaven's sake she mentioned that she'll be coming with her 2 friends, and the pomo gut Said YES! Since you know you weren't financially buoyant to cater for all of them, why agree to let her come with her friends? I'm sure she'd have still come if you told her not to come with her friends. Let's be unsentimental and say the truth biko. The level of immaturity in some guys in quite annoying

(Oya Bashirus!!! Ngwanu, coman bash me!! I dey wait!! I know Y'all! So I won't be surprised tongue)

Sure say u be guy?
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
This topic dey make cinema hungry me

e don tey wey i wash film for cinema
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by PassingShot(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
AkumahTalk:

[size=14pt]Where did you guys learn this "Gentleman" thing from? Abi na Oyibo teach una. Don't worry, the day Oyibo man/woman invite you for a night out; go with an empty pocket and expect scholarship. You will not only end up being embarrassed but in debt as well.
[/size]

Our culture is different from Oyinbos. The guy lacks respect for the opposite sex and to himself.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by NwaNimo1(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by oteneaaron(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Feranchek:

kai.....i just know what to call you sef.......... angry

3 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by numericalguy(m): 11:01am On Jun 16, 2016
Hmm
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Bnladan(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
He paid for her. As it should be. But that she feels her friends are entitled to his money is testament to her unfortunate mentality.

I am sure the guy in question can easily pay for her friends. But it's a good thing he did not. This entitlement mentality must be knocked.

It's okay if a guy pays for you and your friends, but as far as he did not ask them to come, it is VERY OKAY for him not to pay.

To all d ladies, Unless you feel unsafe, don't carry your friend(s) along to a first date. And if you feel unsafe, you shouldn't be meeting him. If you must carry your friend along for any reason, have the decency to insist on paying for them. Let him insist on not letting you.

The moment you start feeling entitled to a guy's money, he would most likely start feeling entitled to your body.

This is 2016. Evolve.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by goodheart02(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
Monalisa185:
someone should tell that girl to go and look for somewhere and sit down...

You told him you were taking your friends along, did you ask him if he was going to pay for their tickets? If it were to be an eatery, it would have been a different case scenario, I mean how much food can they possibly consume?

This is different, you don't expect a guy to cough out 12 thousand grand in this kinda economy.. The babe is not even considerate and I think she's selfish as well. There's really nothing embarrassing there, she just didn't ask the right questions before taking her friends along...

He's neither your father nor your brother..abeg no dey give us bad name jare....Mtcheeeewwww

God bless you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by macaranta(m): 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
That man deserves a medal.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Pyno30: 11:02am On Jun 16, 2016
henrydadon:
Is he their father

Abeg that girl should better park well

Ladies be looking for who to sponsor them all the time

She said 3k like it a small money in the harsh economy
Any guy that ran into those remaining two will be so lucky, because they will be very cheap at that moment.
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Jamean(f): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2016
People should learn effective communication. When she informed him she was coming with friends he should have added that he won't be financially responsible so that the girl won't be expectant. She sef for carry vex money.

That aside, I don't support a lady coming with friends when a guy requests a date. A date is supposed to be a quality time to get along. If you are not comfortable going alone then don't go.

This is how ladies pack friends that end up snatching their bf.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Maxvasia(m): 11:03am On Jun 16, 2016
Hahahahahahahaha.......for this comment, u urself deserve a crate! Infact am ur fan henceforth grin
mayorkyzo:
Correct guy...
Somebody shud pls give the guy 6bottles of heineken...

1 Like

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by oglalasioux(m): 11:04am On Jun 16, 2016
Girls even order for what they don't need just to make sure a guy spends. And they will later have a good laugh over it.

When same guy 'chops and clean mouth', they'll update their social media page about how guys are wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by Boss13: 11:04am On Jun 16, 2016
Israel5:
Perfect! Guys ar manning up now. No more i wan go piss tinz

OMG who are you? I laughed so hard. Still laughing sef
Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by bakynes(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2016
Many of those people supporting the girl did not decode her true intentions in the story.
The girl wants to milk the guy, she wants him to pay for her friends . if truly her friends too had the intention of watching the movie on their own she didnt need to tell the guy, all they needed do was to show up, introduce her friends to him, they proceed to the ticket stand to get their own tickets and they all go in. Even better if they sit at a distance from their friend and her date. But she didnt do that, she called to confirm if the guy was loaded enough to care for her two friends.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guy Refuses To Pay For Friends Invited To Their Date By His Female Friend by driand(m): 11:05am On Jun 16, 2016
Correct guy,

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality / Should I Still Marry Her After Yahoo Boys Have Used Her Destiny? / Groom And His Plus-Sized Bride Dance Into Wedding Venue In Style (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.