Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,362 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? (6031 Views)

Photos: Nigerian Woman Spotted Eating Amala On A Train In The UK / Why Every World Map You're Looking At Is wrong / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by blackspade(m): 1:46pm On Aug 30, 2009
I have a lot of relatives in the UK, mostly spread out around North and Southeast London (with a few in Bristol), and I've been there to see how the Naijas are.

Why do many Nigerian youths in the UK try to be like Caribbeans? They are joining gangs at a fast rate, and those ones have no respect for the society around them. I know a lot do well in life, but a lot are also doing bad things, and those who are doing bad things are influencing the rest. They go around stabbing and more recently shooting each other over "endz" and postcodes. This is something you never hear about in the states. Nigerian organized crime yes, but predominately Nigerian streetgangs? NOPE.

Why have things gotten this bad, and how did it get this way? Bad parenting? Poorer background? Bad social skills?

What can be done to prevent an entire generation of British-Nigerian youths being lost to these urban problems (what else could they be doing instead of this show of buffoonery?):

Big man syndrome is alive and well in London (fraud, drug game, or both?):

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwNMAJE7ppQ&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Predominately Nigerian group of youths (or yutes) rapping about their gang and all the crimes they'll commit if you disrespect them:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4zBnOXTY3E&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Imported area boys doing the same but with thick Naija accents:

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpSFENNd04w&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash]

Yeah I know, it's very hard to watch. These guys are a disgrace, the older ones really need to stop influencing the younger kids into living this lifestyle. Did you see those young kids in there? Some look no older than 11! angry angry angry

This is all I'm going to post because it is so depressing seeing all of these bright minds fall for this bullsh*t. Do they feel they need to join a gang to be cool? If so, they're weak. I live in a neighborhood where there are gangs on every corner, there is no escaping them, but I am not apart of one. AFAIK, the Brits are giving these problems much more attention than Americans would (over here they just let the idiots kill each other). What is the root cause??

undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by bigfoot79(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2009
Na wah oh . Rebranding Nigeria
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2009
at this stage, I doubt sending them home to Nigeria would have much of an effect, since their area boy and agbero lifestyle also plenty for there.

Maybe if they stayed in the village sha with no access to running water, electricity or motorized vehicles. And had to fetch water on their heads from a distant stream.

Lord have mercy.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by asha80(m): 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2009
They are British not nigerians.

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by asha80(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2009
On a second thought these guys can make a career out of rapping. tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by ezeagu(m): 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2009
asha 80:

They are British not nigerians.

Its clear from their accent (and looks) that a lot of them are Nigerian. If you look at the news in the UK you will see that Nigerians are well represented in gum/knife/"black-on-black" crime.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by ezeagu(m): 7:29pm On Sep 09, 2009
Another reason to vote BNP.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by WhiteOne(f): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2009
There are Britsh? Please go and try to say this to there partens.
And The USA are better? Right?

I have famliy in the USA and in the UK and I am not related to any of this countries. The Urban Problems in London (Brixtion and Packham) are exactly they same as in Chicago, New York and Texas.

Poor Housing, the partents work 24/7 to make a living and the kids are told to be "white" and they have to fit in.

Later on in live the kids might see there are not white and not middel class and this is were the problem starts - they are looking for an identity and the will found it in what s up, rap, gangs ans so on.

Therefore partens take your kids home to once a year and let them stay in the village for a couple od days with no air con, no tv, off nepa und the village way of cooking - and if your child is mix respect the mother and the daddy background

An when in Nigeria, partens do not make cool your self.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by omega25red(m): 5:28pm On Sep 10, 2009
dont you guys realize that most of all these rappers use youtube to try to launch a career in rapping. A lot of the rappers are wanna be's non of them have shot anyone. They are simply embracing the hip hop life style and it has nothing to do with their real lives.

Also a green bandana does not translate to being a nigerian. they are just trying to carve their own identity since red and blue bandanas have already been taken.

@ poster your arguement is bogus
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by MrCrackles(m): 5:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
Una nor get job. . . .
Apart from thier names, there is hardly any "Nigerian" left in them! grin
Poster i swear down yeh, nothing is wrong wiv em!
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by ezeagu(m): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Una nor get job. . . .

You'll be surprised when they crack out with Yoruba, you don't know about the Nigerian community in Britain. Look at the comments on the videos, you'll see that these gangs are actually acknowledged as having a high count of Nigerian's.

omega25red:

dont you guys realize that most of all these rappers use youtube to try to launch a career in rapping. A lot of the rappers are wanna be's non of them have shot anyone. They are simply embracing the hip hop life style and it has nothing to do with their real lives.

Also a green bandana does not translate to being a nigerian. they are just trying to carve their own identity since red and blue bandanas have already been taken.

@ poster your arguement is bogus

If you read news on the UK or have family and/or friends there you would realise that a lot of these kids are capable of shooting or stabbing somebody. Gun/Knife crime is a big issue in Britain, and it's not any less of an issue in the Nigerian community, trust me, there are Nigerian kids stabbing police men for mercy's sake. Nigerians are also highly represented in these shady areas:

http://www.london.gov.uk/gangs/docs/guns-weapons-report.pdf
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by r231(m): 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2009
ezeagu:

You'll be surprised when they crack out with Yoruba, you don't know about the Nigerian community in Britain. Look at the comments on the videos, you'll see that these gangs are actually acknowledged as having a high count of Nigerian's.

grin grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2009
MrCrackles:

Una nor get job. . . .

dont know what you mean because facially those boys look like they never left Nigeria.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by dayokanu(m): 11:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
Thats Brash in the video
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 12:04am On Sep 11, 2009
@ Poster. Nigerian Americans are far worse than their British counterparts. A few videos here and there does not really prove anything.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 12:24am On Sep 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

@ Poster. Nigerian Americans are far worse than their British counterparts. A few videos here and there does not really prove anything.
Oh dear, and it begins.

British vs. america. Hush and stay on topic jare.

Eh en, poster, what were you saying abt Nigerian Londoner youths before chimpy interrupted jare?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2009
blackspade:

Why do many Nigerian youths in the UK try to be like Caribbeans?

Why do many Nigerian youths in the US act like Akatas? undecided Find an answer to that question and then simply substitute akata for caribbean.
blackspade:

They go around stabbing and more recently shooting each other over "endz" and postcodes. This is something you never hear about in the states. Nigerian organized crime yes, but predominately Nigerian streetgangs? NOPE.

Where are the predominately Nigerian street gangs u keep harping on about? undecided.

They are many black gangs  no doubt about that. There are also many african gangs no doubt about that as well but Predominately Nigerian Gangs? Come on now stop lying mate.Look, I ain't saying there aren't no nigerian gangs. But it certainly ain't a common occurrence.

Finally we all know they are nigerian street gangs in the US. They are just not as well known as the Bloods or Crips.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by dayokanu(m): 12:51am On Sep 11, 2009
Nigerian street gang in the US? Chimp stop lying to the public pls

I even heard major cult groups like Eiye, have extensions in the UK
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 1:03am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Nigerian street gang in the US? ChimpDikee stop lying to the public pls
Now that sounds berra.Nigerian gangs do exist. They are just not as well known.Thats all. No suprise there to be honest considering the US the unofficial Home of gangs.
dayokanu:

I even heard major cult groups like Eiye, have extensions in the UK
If ya say so.
FL Gators:

Oh dear, and it begins.

British vs. america. Hush and stay on topic jare.
I think you post was directed @ the wrong person tongue. We all know the real reason the poster created this thread. I lie?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 1:07am On Sep 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

I think you post was directed @ the wrong person tongue. We all know the real reason the poster created this thread. I lie?
ehrrrrrm, was definitely directed at you. Thread is about UK youths, not American youths.
Why must we always compare the two? undecided
And I've never heard of Nigerian American youth gang o. . . .but feel free to correct me with factual evidence.

Lol, we all don't. what was the real reason?
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by dayokanu(m): 1:35am On Sep 11, 2009
Nigerian youth gangs? Maybe chimp would start one in Compton or in Bronx
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 2:14am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Nigerian youth gangs? Maybe chimp would start one in Compton or in Bronx
If ya say so. Stil can't get away from the truth.
FL Gators:

ehrrrrrm, was definitely directed at you. Thread is about UK youths, not American youths.
You say potato, I say potata. Big deal tongue

FL Gators:

Why must we always compare the two? undecided
Good question. The poster however would be a better postion to answer that.

FL Gators:

And I've never heard of Nigerian American youth gang o. . . .but feel free to correct me with factual evidence.
U might not have heard of any but we know you have them in the US aplently.

FL Gators:

Lol, we all don't. what was the real reason?
U know,I know and u know I know. Your posts definitely tells me that you do know cool cool cool.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 3:01am On Sep 11, 2009
chic2pimp:

U might not have heard of any but we know you have them in the US aplently.

If they're so aplenty, then you should be able to give me any factual info about one of them.

I see ,ladysex online, behave yourself tonight or I'll send her your way.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by TheSly: 3:12am On Sep 11, 2009
36 Soldiers gang was started by eldee and Sauron is the vice.
It's not their fault though, Peckham changed them. sad
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by chic2pimp(m): 4:33am On Sep 11, 2009
FL Gators:

If they're so aplenty, then you should be able to give me any factual info about one of them.

I see ,ladysex online, behave yourself tonight or I'll send her your way.
Abeg oo E jo,don't send her my way ooo grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy. Lets postpone this debate. I am having a good time oooooo. That woman's wahala get as it be grin grin grin.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by WhiteOne(f): 1:12pm On Sep 11, 2009
What is wrong with the britsh/nigerian youths

1. In the UK you can not traing your kid in the way you were trained. The goverment pet the kids to much - human right and stuff
2. Mummy is alone in London and have to make a living, wail daddy is trying to be Mr. Big Business Man back home.
3. The partens do not teach ther kids to cherish what they have.
4. The partens cargo everything to Nigeria cherish and give the kids a poor standart of living
5. Moeny is blownen on Parties and Showing off not on your kids.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2009
Agreed, youth and gang crime in England, London to be precise is at an alarming high but to suggest that the crime/offence in the UK is higher than the US is . . . . ummm. . . . . simply not true.
Almost everything that happens in the UK is also obtainable in the US.
I've spent some time in the US and i know this.
My apologies, I digress.

Back at topic,
I've always wondered why and how Nigerians in the UK pickup bad habits.
The love for the Caribbean culture and way of life by Nigerians just tire me.

It is obvious, these kids were either born here, and/or grew up in a broken home or better still, grew up in a home where both parents did not and still do not care.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by AndreUweh(m): 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2009
Most of the black gangs are boys with West Indian ancestry. There might be few Nigerians involved, yet it is not in proportion with Nigerian population here in the UK.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by blackspade(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2009
I thought this thread died a long time ago!! shocked
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by yeswecan(m): 9:02pm On Sep 18, 2009
Dude what are u talking about? these guys are rappers.
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by GODSON2009(m): 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2009
a large percentage of the problem is caused by these who out of the desire to help friends or family volunteer to bring their children over to the uk,when they get here they either abandon these children to their devises or dnt take adequate care of them,these children now end up with one gang or the other thats why most of these kids are based round the same area stoke newington,hackney,peckham,brixton e.t.c
Re: What Is Wrong With Nigerian Youths In The Uk? by tunjilees: 5:25am On Sep 19, 2009
ezeagu:
Vote BNP? You mean vote for a racist, white-only party? Seriously?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Cure For Genital Warts, Herpes & Other Infections / A Brief History Of Ilorin Emirate Caliph) / How Did Spraying Money At Parties Become Part of What We Call Our Culture?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.