Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,279 members, 7,807,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday (32724 Views)

Buhari Extends His Sick Leave by Unspecified Number of Days / Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday 19th June: (see Why) / Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday- Punchnews (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by dre11(m): 12:06pm On Jun 16, 2016
Olalekan Adetayo, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari will not return to Nigeria from London, where he is spending his 10-day medical vacation, until Sunday.

Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo disclosed this to State House correspondents on Thursday shortly before the commencement of a meeting of the National Economic Council at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Buhari’s 10-day vacation expired on Wednesday.

By the time he would be arriving in Nigeria on Sunday, he would have spent 14 days.
He was earlier scheduled to arrive the country on Thursday.

Osinbajo however said it was just appropriate for Buhari to take the weekend off and rest very well in London before returning to the country.

He said he had spoken to the President on the telephone and he was in good health condition.
The Vice-President said Buhari would resume in his office on Monday morning.

Osinbajo said, “The President will be back on Sunday. I spoke with him yesterday evening and I think it is just the best that he takes the weekend off. He will certainly be back on Sunday.

“I think the most straightforward thing is when he will be back. He will be back on Sunday. There is no point rushing back on Friday or something like that.
“He will just take the weekend off and be back on Sunday. He is in perfect health and ready to resume work on Monday morning.

“Mr. President is in good condition, he is fine, he is very well. He should take a day or two off in London and rest a bit and come back hale and hearty on Sunday and be ready for work on Monday. So we expect him back on Sunday.”

The President had so far embarked on vacation two times this year.

He had earlier embarked on a a six-day vacation between February 5 and 10.

Like the case of the second vacation, he remained in London throughout the first vacation.
He had earlier granted an interview where he said the doctors he had been consulting since the 1970s are based in London.

Buhari had before leaving the country written to the National Assembly to intimate the federal lawmakers of his vacation.

He had indicated in the letter that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo would be performing the duties of the President while he would be away.

http://www.punchng.com/buhari-extends-stay-london-till-sunday/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by hardbody: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2016
I talk am

When they prefaced the speech of his return with baring any last minute change in plans, i knew the line.

Father God, unload the loading Yaradua. I want this man to be alive and produce his certificate. May he not taste death until he produces it.

MODIFIED

93 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by willyede(m): 12:10pm On Jun 16, 2016
Different strokes for different folks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by BeeBeeOoh(m): 12:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Watchout For This Movie:

[size=25pt]“The Yar'adua[/size]

Hurry Up & Grab Your Own Copy

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by TrueHeart365(m): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
dude is not even missed.

a president that is totally disconnected from the people. an expertriate president that has spent more time abroad than at home.

mr junketer. abeg stay dia.. your absense is not missed because your presense will only cause more bad luck for us.

188 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Beremx(f): 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2016
smh

97 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by wallex1983(m): 12:24pm On Jun 16, 2016
I just pray PYB remembers he's a pastor and not join in lies.

Pls tell us what it is or better still don't talk at all.

After all, there are so many parrots already in this government who don't have integrity that can do the talking

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by harmony5(m): 12:25pm On Jun 16, 2016
I red somewhere from the grapevine that the man has been diagnosed with brain cancer, and that the 10days stay might be shifted

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by DIKEnaWAR: 12:27pm On Jun 16, 2016
We wish him well, but the man has failed woefully. He should just retire to Daura, seeing he does not have what it takes to govern this country. He should let Osinbajo try his hands on governance.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sir Buhari my president get fit before coming. There are lot of issues on ground to address.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by gebest: 12:33pm On Jun 16, 2016
no problem na we have acting president that is acting very well.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by abdul4new(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Get well Buhari, wish you quickest recovery .even though some IPODs OR Igbos may not like to see you come back Alive.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by NavierStokes(m): 12:38pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dlondonboiy over to you.
Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by DLondonboiy: 12:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
NavierStokes:
Dlondonboiy over to you.

when we say these things they think we are joking...

just for a doubting Thomas or two...I'd give you 3 quick ones...
1.Osinbandee LIED when he said he spoke with Buhari. Nobody has spoken with Buhari. I don't know what he stands to gain with these lies..

2. Buhari needs rest/prayers.... He is seriously sick. I don't know why they are hiding it from the public.

3.Buhari would not come back on Sunday!!

I rest my case!!

113 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by PRYCE(m): 12:47pm On Jun 16, 2016
The Dullard is still resting...

Trying very hard to get only one clue... and that's where to go next (Not Nigeria).

....weighing Buhari and Tinubu Osinbajo.... Erhmm I'd Rather go with Buhari. At least, he's not a 'YES' Man!

So get well soon Mr Fantastically Unschooled!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Benjom(m): 12:49pm On Jun 16, 2016
Get well soon PMB

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by STPEACE10: 12:51pm On Jun 16, 2016
Extend am reach 2019 abeg. Plz sir rest there till may 29th 2019.

32 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
I didn't even know he was gone. No difference whatsoever.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by NigerDeltan(m): 12:52pm On Jun 16, 2016
Its obvious this man doesn't want to visit us any longer may be we should invite the president of West Germany

Meanwhile our respected President Osibanjo is very dissapointed on hearing that the somalia president has cancelled his trip to Nigeria

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by holluwai(m): 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Baba no wan come home again? Lol

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 16, 2016
Really sad Buhari went out to treat himself....and after all the talk about government officials staying at home too.

But the problem really is that our health care system is broke, understaffed, and in need of funding. And the only way to fix it is by ending excessive government subsidies of our health system, privatizing our tertiary health sector,.....and pouring more cash into the primary and secondary sector, reforming training of medical personnel....docs, nurses, pharmacists, etc....and improving the power sector...so that we can have more manufacturing of medical equipment in Nigeria....meaning less imports.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
WHO HIM EPP

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by PigMeat: 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
another yara'adua on the making. That was how ya'aradua's death started.
Baba if you are alife still, stay there for we are fine here without u, dont come and add to our problems.
Wu yu dey epp sef?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by philtex(m): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Pls, stay there. We're fine. grin

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by gen2briz(m): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Just take your time but make sure you come back will possible and workable solution to this economy ulabalo,or else stay there because we're still managing the economy without your presence.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by NwaNimo1(m): 12:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Who Buhari Epp for naija undecided he better remains in london forever grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by FagsamPHP(m): 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
who is Buhari who he don help if not more hardship He can like to goan Die... Gworo chewing Dullard!!!!!!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Extends Stay In London Till Sunday by chernest2002: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
Is there no rest in Nigeria? Why resting in UK

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Seriously Ill In Prison, Loses Blood - IPOB / Tinubu’s Bullion Vans In The Eyes Of The Law By Lawrence Nnoli / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.