Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:58 AM

What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans (7543 Views)

The New Glo Jumbo Package Look Like Scam... / 9mobile New Latest List Of Data Plans Subscription Codes & Prices 2017 / Have You Noticed The Quick Depletion Of Glo Data? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Mortipher: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Please I'd like to know one thing b4 I port back to glo; has their network stabilized or is it still unbearably slow?
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by zelexotunla(m): 6:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kelklein:
I notice this too but wasn't too sure

tried downloading a 35MB series and found out about 80MB was gone..

THIS IS CORRUPTION YOU KNOW..
. Pls bro,how and where are you downloading your series from?
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Kelklein(m): 10:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
zelexotunla:
. Pls bro,how and where are you downloading your series from?
go to 02tvseries.com...
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by zelexotunla(m): 5:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Kelklein:
go to 02tvseries.com...
. Thank you boss
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by moski5(m): 7:53am On Jun 20, 2016
if you feel you were cheated call Glo n lodge a complaint if you don't get a good response
Call Ncc toll free 622
report them to consumer protection council twitter id @CPCNig
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Olarewajub: 8:13am On Jun 20, 2016
moski5:
if you feel you were cheated call Glo n lodge a complaint if you don't get a good response
Call Ncc toll free 622
report them to consumer protection council twitter id @CPCNig

And what will NCC do, further your complain?

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by edey2real: 12:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
There are somethings most people that subscriber for data don't know and don't bother to enquire before subscribing for it.

Always try and know what the data charge rate is. Though the network provider will not tell you and even if you ask, they will use a term you won't understand and you can't hold against them.

One thing you need to know is that the data operators in Nigeria mostly charge at either 1k/kb, 1.5k/kb or 2k/kb. I have even heard of 1.75k/kb.

Note that: 1024kb = 1mb
1024mb = 1gb

So if you're given 3gb of data and you are been charged at 1k/kb, you will use the exact 3gb given. Meaning if you download a 100mb data, your data balance will be 2.9gb.

But if given 3gb data and you're been charged at 2k/kb, you will be using half of that. Cos your 100mb downloaded data will actually give you 200mb data used. That's the logic.

Another important thing is the "Peak & Off-Peak" period.
The Peak period is 6am-9pm while Off-peak period is from 9pm-6am. Meaning some will have different data charges during peak and off-peak period. And mostly off-peak is always cheaper cos they know fewer people uses data during that time.

They can have something like 2k/kb for peak and 1k/kb for off-peak. That justify two different people having different experience if one download at night mostly and the other download during the day.

With this you can calculate what you use if you know the size of what you downloading or the site you're visiting.

That is one of the reasons they give BB so much data and will not still finish it cos BB Legacy devices has the ability to compress data. If you want to download on a BB legacy device, it's first routed to RIM which compresses the data before sending it to your device.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by JSparrow(m): 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Quick question, please do this new data plans work on BB10 devices.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by guji12(m): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
shogat:
I know most of us rejoiced when telco giant GLO releaseD their new data plans. As a heavy user of data, I quickly subscribed for the 10gb plan that goes for 2500 even though I sensed there is going to b a foul pay with the package. After some hours I discovered the rate at which they zap is very high.

So yesterday, I tried to check the real cost of their data by downloading a video file of 303mb. After the download was completed, I checked my data balance, and was shocked that they have deducted 609mb(double) for a file of 303mb. Pathetic!

So before you sub to glo data, knw that 10gb is actually 5gb and the 6gb is only 3gb. This mischievous act should be condemned and I wish NCC and Lalasticlala can do something about it.

nigga.. dem nor force u use am o... u Jst dey spread lies.. if u knw its nt Gud enough ... try d next cheap data u can find
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
shogat:

I will not benefit anything from spreading lies. Only an observation that people have confirmed. If u are a subscriber, check ur balance and download

You should know them, they're Glo staff or marketers.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Wittylens(m): 3:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Hmmm. Have you seen the newly updated

Glo data plans for Android 2016 ?

Maybe you should check it out!
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Xhaka(m): 6:07am On Jun 21, 2016
Sadly, NCC will just sit down and do nothing
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by freedom369: 6:36am On Jun 21, 2016
RitzyPrince:
Stop spreading lies!!
IT'S TRUE... I'M PASSING THROUGH DE KINDA mess
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 21, 2016
Oga mine is normal
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by yimikaa: 8:52am On Jun 21, 2016
JSparrow:
Quick question, please do this new data plans work on BB10 devices.

Yes, that what am using right now.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by JSparrow(m): 7:16am On Jun 22, 2016
yimikaa:

Yes, that what am using right now.
thanks
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by yimikaa: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2016
JSparrow:
thanks
Make sure you change your APN settins to
APN- gloflat
Username - flat
Password - flat

Restart your phone after changing the settings and subscribing.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Kelklein(m): 4:51pm On Jun 23, 2016
dnatz call me if you can see this

lost my phone since last week..

1 Like

Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by dnatz(f): 10:35pm On Jun 23, 2016
Kelklein:
dnatz call me if you can see this

lost my phone since last week..

Ok dear. Sorry for d loss
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by peteregwu(m): 12:26am On Jun 26, 2016
Pls guys, I do use global before now, but when they started having issues since about ladt 2 months, I stopped using it. What about now, is their Internet okay?
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Nobody: 1:35am On Jun 26, 2016
IdontBelivit
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Youngzedd(m): 7:17am On Jun 26, 2016
shogat:
I know most of us rejoiced when telco giant GLO releaseD their new data plans. As a heavy user of data, I quickly subscribed for the 10gb plan that goes for 2500 even though I sensed there is going to b a foul pay with the package. After some hours I discovered the rate at which they zap is very high.

So yesterday, I tried to check the real cost of their data by downloading a video file of 303mb. After the download was completed, I checked my data balance, and was shocked that they have deducted 609mb(double) for a file of 303mb. Pathetic!

So before you sub to glo data, knw that 10gb is actually 5gb and the 6gb is only 3gb. This mischievous act should be condemned and I wish NCC and Lalasticlala can do something about it.

Same with Airtel.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by ClassCaptain(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2016
KehnnyCares:
Brother complain less cos I sub for 5k which is 25GB and the way they Zap my data is just too annoying

Their BB sub for 1k4 was even better....To Hell with glo cry angry

Boss
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by Eggheaded(m): 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2016
OP is lying, based on the following because I am an heavy data user:
1. Used their night (7days) plan of 3gb that goes for #500
2. used their 100mb
3. used their monthly plan of 2gb, 6gb and 24gb respectively.
I can boldly say that they are ultra reliable as they don't zap data like airtel.
Note: Always Restrict Background Data And Don't Stream Videos, Download Them Instead.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by sheddy03: 9:41pm On Aug 08, 2016
Eggheaded:
OP is lying, based on the following because I am an heavy data user:
1. Used their night (7days) plan of 3gb that goes for #500
2. used their 100mb
3. used their monthly plan of 2gb, 6gb and 24gb respectively.
I can boldly say that they are ultra reliable as they don't zap data like airtel.
Note: Always Restrict Background Data And Don't Stream Videos, Download Them Instead.
Glo data don't zap! i do 10G for N2500 every month. their only problem is that there network is not always good.
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by sallyikenna: 11:46am On Sep 03, 2016
Glo Launches new data plans for BB10 users - z10, Q10, classic, passport, Z3, Q30, Priv and other devices running BB10 OS
To subscribe Text:

1. BB100 to 777 @ NGN100 for 100MB for 1 day

2. BB200 to 777 @200ngn for 200MB for 7 days

3. BB500 to 777 @ 500ngn for 1GB for 10 days

4. BB1000 to 777 @ 1000ngn for 2GB for 30 days

5 BB2000 to 777 @ 2000ngn for 6GB for 30 days

6. BB3000 to 777 @ 3000ngn for 12 GB for 30days

7 BB2500 to 777 @ 25000ngn for 10GB for 30 days

8. Send menu to 777
Re: What I Noticed About The New Glo Data Plans by spy85(m): 3:21am On May 28, 2017
Wittylens:
Hmmm. Have you seen the newly updated

Glo data plans for Android 2016 ?

Maybe you should check it out!
also check out airtel data plans for android 2017

(1) (2) (Reply)

MTN New Cheap Data Plans (Screenshot) / 18 Days With The Iphone 7 Jailbreak I Finally Dumped Android Fact# Pictures # / How To Bypass/unlock Android’s Lock Screen Pattern, PIN Or Password 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.