Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,662 members, 7,801,914 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons (50886 Views)

Wizkid Defeat Davido Become The Best Artist In African / D’banj Naijas Best Artist In International Music Collabo / Best Artist In Kwara State Ilorin Won The Competition Coordinated By Femi Adebay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by CzarRex: 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Cus he was featured by an american artist or went no1 means he's the best of all time

guy go and research pple like femi kuti, Seal, sade adu who have actually won Grammy's, who are more recognized than wizkid

no beef,you are unnecessarily overhyping the guy when he is just getting started,I don't think wizkid on his own can land a billboard US no 1 hit,not alone a top 40 hit,out of the numerous american musicians

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Chiscomax(m): 2:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nhcvh
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ok
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

when Lil Wayne was at his peak, some people had the nerve to say he is better than 2pac..foreign collabos dont mean you are better than everybody, what is this slave mentality Nigerians have about foreign collabo sef. Wizkid is very good and is on his way to where 2face has been for years.

If i hear nfeni nbaga today or for instance i will still jump and shout come imagine wetin i go do if i hear african queen. I am yet to hear the 2face song that doesnt withstand the test of time...but its only Ojuelegba and AYO that is the wizkid songs likely to achieve that feat.

ASA's songs have been used as soundtrack in several American films and tv series but you dont hear people shouting that she is the best artiste out of naija.

This crap u wrote is an insult to the likes of 2face, Asa, TY Bello & Kush, and several others who made the industry what it is today

This is just like saying becos Taylor Swift is popping now then she is better than Tina Turner, Whitney Houston or Beyonce...abeg OP u should have several seats....foreign collabo is not the litmus test, nah slave mentality dey make u think say foreign collabo is the ultimate

You killed it. grin

NB: Op = it

3 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by iamtaofeeq66(m): 2:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
you done finish?[i]
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by 9jatatafo(m): 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
G
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by livebullet(m): 2:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ighoga898:
@ op, u say so because u re of indomine generation.
I don't have anything else to say to u

U dat is of cassava generation, name one artiste who is hotter than wizzy baba in d past 12months

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Leiman100(m): 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Tales by moonlight
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by CzarRex: 2:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
op is high on weed

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Danielomisco(m): 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Without them he won't be where he is today.
so because Goodluck was a vice president and ppl were b4 him then he cant be a president??very dull person u are!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by prinsam30: 2:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Who him music don epp

See them yanch... ..

In my bed.. ..

20men go fall that day, if them cross my lane... .

Your Bombom bigger than bombe.. ..

If you wanna dance if I buy you Ferrari.. ...

These and many more these guys sings this days, Abi na lie

Anyways, I like the guy she, especially when it comes to hurting madam cylinda ikeja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Ibime(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
This OP dey craze.

What musical instrument does he play?

Can he sing without autotune?

Please don't confuse popstar with musician.

He is potentially the biggest popstar in Nigeria, meanwhile there are 10 ninjas within 1km location of my hood who are better musicians. eg if Timi Dakolo, Dare Alade, King Sunny Ade and co start singing impromptu here, Wizkid will keep quiet.

It is only when DJ plays his CD, that he can grab mic and start miming to what he recorded in the studio with autotune.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by proprince(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Snowprince306:
Musicians be like "I started my music career when I was 2yrs.

hahahahahhahahahaha cheesy grin grin
funny dude
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by santity100: 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
name of 5 wizkid songs you can listen to non stop ?

I listen to 2baba mix everyday to and from work. #UnoHOLYPass. that song is a dope

4 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by jaydee87(m): 2:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
if you say rhis because of his collabos, what will 2face, DrAlban, Majek fashek, Christy Essien igbokwe, Kush, e.r.c say

5 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by engreo(m): 2:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
U have proved it beyoung double now, I agreed with u. He is the best for now
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by vizkiz: 2:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
McBrooklyn:
Just as Vizkiz don talk am the other day . . . "Wizkid is a perfect example of growing from grass to grace just that he turns out to be an ungrateful bastard" . . . Wizkid All The Way cool

chai... them Don dey quote me. I need to be more careful about my comments. Make the "government" No find me come nairaland grin grin
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Srallens(m): 2:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
kingsley939:

Yes I believe he is. He's my best male Nigerian artist! smiley
. Won't argue with you on that brou......... Bt Wizkid is definitely not the best in Naija. When you say male artist, you mean in every genre of music including rap, r and b etc. People like BankY W, M.I, Dare Art Alade, Temi Dakolo, 2Baba, etc are still there brou......... Forget the international colabos, Wizkid is not up to their level yet

3 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by smallJagaban: 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
santity100:
name of 5 wizkid songs you can listen to non stop ?

I listen to 2baba mix everyday to and from work. #UnoHOLYPass. that song is a dope

JOY

CELEBRATE

OJUEEGBA

JAIYE JAIYE

ON TOP YOUR MATTER
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by ecmb(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Some indomie children throwing insults at music greats like FATHER 2baba, dbang. And even psquare. There was a time when the name Majek Fashek was like a foreign national anthem

7 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by prinsam30: 2:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

when Lil Wayne was at his peak, some people had the nerve to say he is better than 2pac..foreign collabos dont mean you are better than everybody, what is this slave mentality Nigerians have about foreign collabo sef. Wizkid is very good and is on his way to where 2face has been for years.

If i hear nfeni nbaga today or for instance i will still jump and shout come imagine wetin i go do if i hear african queen. I am yet to hear the 2face song that doesnt withstand the test of time...but its only Ojuelegba and AYO that is the wizkid songs likely to achieve that feat.

ASA's songs have been used as soundtrack in several American films and tv series but you dont hear people shouting that she is the best artiste out of naija.

This crap u wrote is an insult to the likes of 2face, Asa, TY Bello & Kush, and several others who made the industry what it is today

This is just like saying becos Taylor Swift is popping now then she is better than Tina Turner, Whitney Houston or Beyonce...abeg OP u should have several seats....foreign collabo is not the litmus test, nah slave mentality dey make u think say foreign collabo is the ultimate

Pls don't say more if not OP will be like.. ...

4 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by ecmb(m): 2:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
smallJagaban:

JOY

CELEBRATE

OJUEEGBA

JAIYE JAIYE

ON TOP YOUR MATTER

Childish songs with no meaning

3 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by howfarwhatagwan: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Seriously? How can you describe someone whose lyrics are so shallow as the best in Nigeria? Please don't say that again, in the voice of Falz and Cobhams that is 'Boosit'. His songs are just for the moment and fade away.

The best artistes Nigeria has produced are few BUT DEFINITELY NOT Wizkid. You can describe Wizkid's music as described by sound sultan- 'Mumu chorus, Dumb Lyrics and Bum shaking' sadly that is all he dishes out. Until he comes up with deep lyrics I do not give a hoot about his collaborations which are with his likes by the way....

MTSCHEWWWW

Back to listening to my Sound sultan's hello Baale...Jare

5 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by McBrooklyn(m): 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
vizkiz:

chai... them Don dey quote me. I need to be more careful about my comments. Make the "government" No find me come nairaland grin grin

Lol . . . Una Be Boss Now! F**k Dem Government grin grin
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by seyicrown2008: 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Best Nigeria musician is Dare Art Alade and Tu baba

2 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by smallJagaban: 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
ecmb:

Childish songs with no meaning

THOSE SONG ARE NOT CHILDISH , CHECK OUT THE LYRICS OF THOSE SONGS

LIST 2FACE'S SONGS THAT IS OUTSTANDING
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by MNDY(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
The boy good, no doubt! One amazing rendition of his that I will never get tired of is 'Soweto Baby' with DJ Maphorisa & DJ Buckz! Damn! Wizzy took over that song in such an incredibly skillful manner that the song is simply subliminal for me!
-
He wields an exceptional and excellent melody composition skills in any work he jumps on! Even though I'm compelled to use the word "unrivalled" for the dude, I can't, he is very very good sha!
-
On music grounds, I love him to pieces, especially for the fact that he is one young individual with all that skills. If he fuses his nice melodies with nice good lyrics, he will shake places!
-

4 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by martineverest(m): 2:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fela,Nicholas mbaga,ksa etc remains the greatest Nigerian musicians... No musician from this millennium has ever come close

2 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Srallens(m): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ibime:
This OP dey craze.

What musical instrument does he play?

Can he sing without autotune?

Please don't confuse popstar with musician.

He is potentially the biggest popstar in Nigeria, meanwhile there are 10 ninjas within 1km location of my hood who are better musicians. eg if Timi Dakolo, Dare Alade, King Sunny Ade and co start singing impromptu here, Wizkid will keep quiet.

It is only when DJ plays his CD, that he can grab mic and start miming to what he recorded in the studio with autotune.
. The O.P has forgotten that we have people like that, and others like Femi Kuti. How can one compare Wizkid to these guyz?

2 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Julietcutie(f): 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
exactly...ur on point Jare
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by vizkiz: 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
McBrooklyn:

Lol . . . Una Be Boss Now! F**k Dem Government grin grin

By the time them catch and and show my face for frontpage, na you go come here come create thread.

10 pictures vizkiz can related to in jail grin
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by banmee(m): 2:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
GloriaNinja:
that's true, he is better than davido and co.

The OP said he is the best artist Nigeria has produced. The OP is high on venezuelan weed. The likes of Victor Uwaifo, Ebenezer Obey, Sunny Ade, Ras Kimono, Adewale Ayuba, Kwam1, etc would be wondering what is wrong with this generation. And there is a lot wrong with it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Uti Nwachukwu's View On Tiwa Savage's Marriage Issue. / Chika Ike In Abuja High Court For Her Divorce (photos) / Dance Queen Kaffy And Davido All Smiles In New Photo As They Settle Beef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.