Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,456 members, 7,781,313 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:18 PM

'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons (50800 Views)

Wizkid Defeat Davido Become The Best Artist In African / D’banj Naijas Best Artist In International Music Collabo / Best Artist In Kwara State Ilorin Won The Competition Coordinated By Femi Adebay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by tallfish145(m): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

when Lil Wayne was at his peak, some people had the nerve to say he is better than 2pac..foreign collabos dont mean you are better than everybody, what is this slave mentality Nigerians have about foreign collabo sef. Wizkid is very good and is on his way to where 2face has been for years.

If i hear nfeni nbaga today or for instance i will still jump and shout come imagine wetin i go do if i hear african queen. I am yet to hear the 2face song that doesnt withstand the test of time...but its only Ojuelegba and AYO that is the wizkid songs likely to achieve that feat.

ASA's songs have been used as soundtrack in several American films and tv series but you dont hear people shouting that she is the best artiste out of naija.

This crap u wrote is an insult to the likes of 2face, Asa, TY Bello & Kush, and several others who made the industry what it is today

This is just like saying becos Taylor Swift is popping now then she is better than Tina Turner, Whitney Houston or Beyonce...abeg OP u should have several seats....foreign collabo is not the litmus test, nah slave mentality dey make u think say foreign collabo is the ultimate

You make sense bro
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Ekugbeh(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

Who still remembers him? What song does he produce? Yoruba musicians like Sade Adu have won Grammys and are still respected outside of Nigeria.

Recently, a Yoruba singer Angélique Kidjo won a Grammy.

2face's fame was short and quick.
i still remembe him!
Dun.dee
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by charlyxx9: 7:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
TheLoneCitizen:
He's diving too deep, where only the Illuminatis and Masons can swim, worst, he ain't watching his back.
HE IS A FREEMANSON.CONFIRMED
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by naptu2: 7:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chuksemi:

Wizkid is first on billboard. Dbanj topped U.K top hundred chart not billboard.

1) Babatunde Olatunji's album, Drums Of Passion, was number 13 on the Billlboard Charts in 1960 (Babatunde Olatunji also won a Grammy Award).

2) Sunny Ade's Synchro System was number 91 on the Billboard Pop Album Chart in 1983.

3) Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's album, Live In Detroit, was number 9 on the Billboard World Music Album Chart in 1986.

4) Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992.

5) Asa's Beautiful Imperfection album was number 3 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2011

6) 2face Idibia's Ascension album was number 12 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2014.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Chuksemi(m): 7:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
naptu2:

1) Babatunde Olatunji's album, Drums Of Passion, was number 13 on the Billlboard Charts in 1960 (Babatunde Olatunji also won a Grammy Award).

2) Sunny Ade's Synchro System was number 91 on the Billboard Pop Album Chart in 1983.

3) Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's album, Live In Detroit, was number 9 Billboard World Music Album Chart in 1986.

4) Dr Alban's It's My Life was number 3 on the Billboard Hot Dance Music Club Play chart, number 4 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales chart, number 28 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Modern Rock Tracks chart and number 88 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1992.

5) Asa's Beautiful Imperfection album was number 3 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2011

6) 2face Idibia's Ascension album was number 12 on the Billboard World Album chart in 2014.

Thank you very much. I would modify my comments accordingly.

Kindly visit www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates I would love to get your thoughts on that. Thank you once again.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by defash8: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
You forget Ejanla " D 'Banj' featured Snoop Dogg. He also sign to Good Music with Kanya West appearing as cameo in Oliver Twist which was the biggest hit of all time. Banga lee has performed on stage along all A-list US artistes in UN organised concert.

What of Seal & Sade Adu.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by naptu2: 8:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chuksemi:

Thank you very much. I would modify my comments accordingly.

Kindly visit www.nairaland.com/3173867/letter-potential-undergraduates I would love to get your thoughts on that. Thank you once again.

That's a really nice thread.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
GloriaNinja:
yeah, I prefer him to other Nigerian musicians.
yeah. For this am awarding by following u via twitter.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Temysteve(m): 8:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Nonsense! So because chris brown called wizkid to tour with him and other crap the OP put up there means he is the best naija artiste? How many awards does he have?
as many awards as we can remember! The fact is that he may not be the best we have but No Nigerian musician has achieve what he achieved at his age as of today.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Without them he won't be where he is today.
and who are d them. If not for respect, i would av say hes gainin more dan 2face. Bt i jst dei respct
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by MCeeShort(m): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Just imagine! No respect anymore. He appeared on Drake's Billboard Chart and not America's Billboard Chart.
So guys like TuBaba, P-Square and other grandfathers of this industry are fools.
Thunder fire u.
I'm pretty sure Wizkid will disagree with u.
Olodo 1st Class Upper!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Nonsense! So because chris brown called wizkid to tour with him and other crap the OP put up there means he is the best naija artiste? How many awards does he have?
the OP didnt even list all his awards. Not even d one he won ov recent in ghana defeatin olamide n davido n co. Bro no hatin, 2face hm self no gain like dis from his strt
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Temysteve(m): 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
ElekeNtioba:
Are suffering from low self-esteem or what?? Hw can Nigeria's best act be someone who holds d umbrella for other int'l acts.

Until he wins a major int'l award based on his own work and/or creativity....there's notin to celebrate.
The only international award he is yet to be nominated for is the GRAMMY! he has been nominated for others and has won as many as possible. He is the only african based act to be nominated for BET Thrice is number.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Chuksemi(m): 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
naptu2:

That's a really nice thread.
Thank you very much sir. I appreciate.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
theshaderoom:

one word - 2face

when Lil Wayne was at his peak, some people had the nerve to say he is better than 2pac..foreign collabos dont mean you are better than everybody, what is this slave mentality Nigerians have about foreign collabo sef. Wizkid is very good and is on his way to where 2face has been for years.

If i hear nfeni nbaga today or for instance i will still jump and shout come imagine wetin i go do if i hear african queen. I am yet to hear the 2face song that doesnt withstand the test of time...but its only Ojuelegba and AYO that is the wizkid songs likely to achieve that feat.

ASA's songs have been used as soundtrack in several American films and tv series but you dont hear people shouting that she is the best artiste out of naija.

This crap u wrote is an insult to the likes of 2face, Asa, TY Bello & Kush, and several others who made the industry what it is today

This is just like saying becos Taylor Swift is popping now then she is better than Tina Turner, Whitney Houston or Beyonce...abeg OP u should have several seats....foreign collabo is not the litmus test, nah slave mentality dey make u think say foreign collabo is the ultimate

abeg mo hear word. Nah jst respect o. I once have it no b property. For sure 2face x very good. Bt wizkid x naturally blessd n talanted bro
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Temysteve(m): 8:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
He has the best international recognition as an african based act, he may not be the Nigerian best artiste of all time but his recognition outside nigeria nd africa speaks a lot about his lucrative career more than any other artiste in Nigeria not even 2face, dbanj or psquare. He never lobbied for fame he achieved outside Nigeria, his music speaks for him and thats why the international artiste featured him.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
CzarRex:
Cus he was featured by an american artist or went no1 means he's the best of all time

guy go and research pple like femi kuti, Seal, sade adu who have actually won Grammy's, who are more recognized than wizkid

no beef,you are unnecessarily overhyping the guy when he is just getting started,I don't think wizkid on his own can land a billboard US no 1 hit,not alone a top 40 hit,out of the numerous american musicians

wizkid x numbr 11th in world most searchd artist on google as of last week. Only hm as a nigerian i saw

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Akjr(m): 8:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
naptu2:

3) Fela Anikulapo-Kuti's album, Live In Detroit, was number 9 on the Billboard World Music Album Chart in 1986.

them try 2 make sound buh we nah hear.. Wizkid top bilboard 4 2months
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by acenazt: 8:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
You a madt. Forget your reasons they are basically baseless. Let me list 5 contemporary musicians who are better

2face
Asa
Timi dakolo
M.i
Dare
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by whitestar01(m): 9:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Op , u still dey learn what makes a good musician. U no notin ataaaaaaaaallllllllllllll, RUBBISH!!!

1 Like

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by captainjoh(m): 9:11pm On Jun 18, 2016
op if the black bullet wey u drink don clear commot from ur eyes than modify ur post.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Ay04z(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Osirus:
pls and pls wizkid is not hip hop
wetin he kom be oo ?
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by MCeeShort(m): 9:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Soon somebody will come and tell us because Frank Edwards did a song with Don Moen that he's the greatest gospel act Nigeria has ever seen. Hmmmm!
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by kenyguy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Want him to do with Justin B
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Osirus(m): 10:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
Akjr:
wizkid x numbr 11th in world most searchd artist on google as of last week. Only hm as a nigerian i saw
that still doesn't make him a good musical artiste.. numbers and awards don't count that's like saying Eminem is better than ice cube
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

Who still remembers him? What song does he produce? Yoruba musicians like Sade Adu have won Grammys and are still respected outside of Nigeria.

ANOTHER SMALL BOY TALK... AS FOR ME 2FACE IS A LEGEND IN AFRICA AND THE WORLD AT LARGE... HE LAID THE FOUNDATION.... LISTEN TO HIS ALBUMS N U WILL RESPECT HIM 4 LIFE.... I LOVE WIZKID WEN I WANT TO CLUB
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Osirus(m): 10:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
it's saddening that many don't know what defines a good musician
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Aposteli1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
ikarm17:

2face ko.

.Eyah!! You Totally Got It Wrong.Pls Try To Re-check Your Comment And Do The Needful Correction.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by Aposteli1(m): 11:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
Osirus:
it's saddening that many don't know what defines a good musician
. Wao!! God Bless You For This You Comment.
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by theshaderoom: 11:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Akjr:
abeg mo hear word. Nah jst respect o. I once have it no b property. For sure 2face x very good. Bt wizkid x naturally blessd n talanted bro

Do u even have sense? Which one is I get am before? Will Wizkid reign forever? He will still make way for others the way people made way for him... abeg make u dey try talk like person wey get brain sometimes
Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by theshaderoom: 12:11am On Jun 19, 2016
smallJagaban:

THOSE SONG ARE NOT CHILDISH , CHECK OUT THE LYRICS OF THOSE SONGS

LIST 2FACE'S SONGS THAT IS OUTSTANDING

Which weed did u smoke? List 2face song that is outstanding? That one nah question?

You should be asking us to list 2face album that is not outstanding

2 Likes

Re: 'WIZKID Is The Best Artist Nigeria Has Ever Produced' - See My Reasons by pizzylee(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2016
definitely d best....team wizzy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lilian Afegbai Begins Celibacy Journey: 'I Wish I Were Still A Virgin' / Steve Onishola Dies 24 Hours After Orisabunmi, His Sister's Death / Ceec With The “angry” Legs Clashes With Motun With The “filthy” Hair - READ MORE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.