Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,502 members, 7,808,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author (12545 Views)

Short Stories That Can Shape Your Life In The Book: You Can Win - Shiv Khera / Things You Need To Know About C. Onumah's Book "We Are All Biafrans" / About The Book "We Are All Biafrans" And Chido Onumah, The Author (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by DaBullIT(m): 7:07am On Jun 18, 2016
You are looking for weekend trouble ?
I know you are a Biafra fanatic , so your opinion doesn't count
Enkyl:

Are you educated at all?
Honestly please stop for the sake of talking it's annoying
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by johnnychuks(m): 7:10am On Jun 18, 2016
Biafra my lovely home, just some few kilometers to Biafra! shocked shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by kettle84(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
you would have titled it..we are all bokoharamsss..cause biaferans and boko haram are same in nature..they are both troubling our country..thanks sir
u can see how childish your expression sound. receive sense and maturity !
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by emmalexabl(m): 7:13am On Jun 18, 2016
Badtman:
undecided Biafra my foot, the Jewish harddrug working tribe

Sometimes I wonder if this ewedu and amala has a way of reducing these guys IQ

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by codemaniacs: 7:17am On Jun 18, 2016
emmalexabl:

Sometimes I wonder if this ewedu and amala has a way of reducing these guys IQ

Sometimes I wonder if the NL igbos know that northerners also have internet.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Aubrey1(m): 7:18am On Jun 18, 2016
ever811:
you would have titled it..we are all bokoharamsss..cause biaferans and boko haram are same in nature..they are both troubling our country..thanks sir

is like you smoked cannabis last night, you don't know the difference between a terrorist group and the Peaceful people of Biafra?
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by amakenny: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
Gkemz:
Following the launch of his new book: “We are all Biafrans” , Chido Onumah in an interview with NAIJ.com said his aim is to remind Nigerians and its leaders of the problems faced by the country in recent times.
Onumah said the book, his third is about the crisis the Nigerian people face and the need for a true federalism.
He however denied insinuations that his book is a call to action for the agitation of a Biafran state.
“It is not a call to action, it is not a call to support the Biafra agitation, it is just a reminder that we have so many problems in Nigeria and that time has come for us to sit at the table of nationhood to address these problems,” Onumah said.
He further said the used the title for the book because he believed it would open Nigerians up for thought provoking questions about its problems.
“I thought I would strike a call that I wanted to provoke… I think it achieved its aim. The idea is that people will read the book and begin to question: why are we all Biafrans? Or somebody will tell you, I am not a Biafran,” he said.
He said: “So the idea first and foremost is to provoke, to draw attention to the issue.”
“If had used a topic like the marginalization of so so and so, people will say but we have also been marginalized but I think with the title of the book hopefully people would begin to draw attention.
“We do not have a choice, this is not about government really and that is why it has a subtitle: “Sleepwalking into disaster” .
“The only alternative we have is disaster, so if we do not want the disaster, we have no choice but to come together as a people.
“Some people say, we have had the national conference, we have had various conferences to talk about Nigeria; nation building like I keep saying is not a tea party, it is not something you would say: oh!
“We tried it and it did not work. You have to keep trying, even the United States, over 200 years old, the greatest country in the history of the world; they still struggle to build a perfect nation.”
Photos from the launch of the book in Abuja:
He added: “So no nation comes given, no nation is perfect, the important thing is that the human beings that live in these places make effort to try to work hard and work out something that would be of interest or benefit rather to at least the majority of those who live in the country.”
He also said that Nigeria should only stop trying when the country is sure it has an alternative to finding solutions to its current problems.
Onumah said: “My attitude is that we really do not have an alternative, our alternative is to watch our country disintegrate and as long as we do not want to do that we have to keep trying to get the best out of it."

https://www.naij.com/864008-read-unbelievable-reason-biafrans-written.html

He and others canvassing and waiting for return to true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria may never live to see true and fiscal federalism restored to Nigeria. Even their grandchildren may not see it, so long as crude oil flows in the Niger delta.

Arewa soldiers have done the deal long ago. The soldiers sewed 19 states in the old northern region of Nigeria as well as hundreds of local government areas there.
Through this, northern Nigeria draws more of Nigeria's shared revenues in a most tight unitary government system. Furthermore, three senators come from each state, so northern Nigeria unduly over-populates the NAAS. So no amount of voting in the NASS can restore true and fiscal federalism because northern Nigeria which profits from the existing political system must vote down true and fiscal federalism.

IPOB people are not like the dummies agitating for restoration of true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

The dummies are merely waiting for Godot.

Write another book speculating on return of true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria, make your money, and condemn those on the right path of agitation.

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Expensivewarrio: 7:21am On Jun 18, 2016
Enkyl:

Please is anyone stopping you from going back? I want to know because as an Igbo man no oe is stopping me? But why I won't I s I have a good job here in Lagos so I don't intend to go back except my company posts me there.
So when you say all Igbos must go back I want to ask, please who asked you to speak for all Igbos?

If you want to go back enter the nearest ekenedili Chukwudi bus and go!!!
Maybe you have no job? No real reason for being where you are hence you call to go home?
Last I checked there is still freedom of movement so please inserts of being a nuisance just enter a bus and go home
shut up already, the she.male u are quoting is not igbo but yoruba. Can't u read between the line?, why common sense elude u lagos born igbos?
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:28am On Jun 18, 2016
MILFangela:
We are not all Biafrans. Biafra belong the Igbos alone. Very soon, the Igbos would get the independent Biafra country they so much desire, and when that happens, all Igbos would go back to Igboland.
Please help me tell them. Repeat it loud and clear. Let it sink into their cranium

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by emmalexabl(m): 7:30am On Jun 18, 2016
codemaniacs:

Sometimes I wonder if the NL igbos know that northerners also have internet.

REALLY.,DO THEY shocked shocked

AM TALKING ABOUT EFFECT OF EWEDU ATI AMALA IN REDUCING IQ AND U ARE HERE ASKING JAMB QUESTION..
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:31am On Jun 18, 2016
Expensivewarrio:

lagos born igbos?
Tell those your ''Lagos born Igbos'' that biafra is coming very soon, very very soon.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by codemaniacs: 7:31am On Jun 18, 2016
amakenny:

He and others canvassing and waiting for return to true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria may never live to see true and fiscal federalism restored to Nigeria. Even their grandchildren may not see it, so long as crude oil flows in the Niger delta.

Arewa soldiers have done the deal long ago. The soldiers sewed 19 states in the old northern region of Nigeria as well as hundreds of local government areas there.
Through this, northern Nigeria draws more of Nigeria's shared revenues in a most tight unitary government system. Furthermore, three senators come from each state, so northern Nigeria unduly over-populates the NAAS. So no amount of voting in the NASS can restore true and fiscal federalism because northern Nigeria which profits from the existing political system must vote down true and fiscal federalism.

IPOB people are not like the dummies agitating for restoration of true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria.

The dummies are merely waiting for Godot.

Write another book speculating on return of true and fiscal federalism to Nigeria, make your money, and condemn those on the right path of agitation.

The unitary system was created by a greedy igbo man named aguiyi ironsi. I guess he thought he would never die or be killed.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by engreo(m): 7:33am On Jun 18, 2016
They are all biafra
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Expensivewarrio: 7:33am On Jun 18, 2016
Enkyl:

Wtf? Dude don't bring that drama here you earthworm
Ignora.muse continue in ur dance of shame, while we watch and laugh at ur idio...cy

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by IHEJIRIKAisBOKO: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Enkyl:

Please is anyone stopping you from going back? I want to know because as an Igbo man no oe is stopping me? But why I won't I s I have a good job here in Lagos so I don't intend to go back except my company posts me there.
So when you say all Igbos must go back I want to ask, please who asked you to speak for all Igbos?

If you want to go back enter the nearest ekenedili Chukwudi bus and go!!!
Maybe you have no job? No real reason for being where you are hence you call to go home?
Last I checked there is still freedom of movement so please inserts of being a nuisance just enter a bus and go home
Continue deceiving yourself. So you want an independent iboland but you dont want to go back to iboland? In the event of the disintergration of Nigeria, all ibos MUST go back to iboland

2 Likes

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by codemaniacs: 7:34am On Jun 18, 2016
emmalexabl:

REALLY.,DO THEY shocked shocked

U just confirmed that u're a northerner and part of the "paid to divide the south on the internet" staff. gringringrin

Hope u've gotten your salary gringrin
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Enkyl(m): 7:35am On Jun 18, 2016
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Continue deceiving yourself. So you want an independent iboland but you dont want to go back to iboland? In the event of the disintergration of Nigeria, all ibos MUST go back to iboland
Dude I want a free and united Nigeria ****
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by engreo(m): 7:36am On Jun 18, 2016
MILFangela:
We are not all Biafrans. Biafra belong the Igbos alone. Very soon, the Igbos would get the independent Biafra country they so much desire, and when that happens, all Igbos would go back to Igboland.
thank God o...ope o

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by MILFangela(f): 7:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Enkyl:

You are very immature and hungry ! If you were impregnated by an Igbo man and that made you hate Igbos sorry for you. But please go to your church and receive deliverance ode
I dont hate anybody. I actually support Biafra. I want all Igbos to go back to Igboland

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Expensivewarrio: 7:38am On Jun 18, 2016
Enkyl:

You are very immature and hungry ! If you were impregnated by an Igbo man and that made you hate Igbos sorry for you. But please go to your church and receive deliverance ode
Stop this show of shame, the person u are referring to is a male. It seems u are new in this forum?
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by MILFangela(f): 7:39am On Jun 18, 2016
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Please help me tell them. Repeat it loud and clear. Let it sink into their cranium
Thanks dear
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Expensivewarrio: 7:41am On Jun 18, 2016
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
Tell those your ''Lagos born Igbos'' that biafra is coming very soon, very very soon.
I hope u are ready for what i will unleash on u this morning, if u dare me........TAJU

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Enkyl(m): 7:43am On Jun 18, 2016
Expensivewarrio:

Stop this show of shame, the person u are referring to is a male. It seems u are new in this forum?
Dude back the fvck off!
Lemme have my fun this stuff doesn't affect anything
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by Orikinla(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2016
Good provocative title and premise.
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by sanandreas(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2016
omojoshy:
Go online you will get it, Google.com is your friend.

I have before now but no free copay.
Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by engreo(m): 8:02am On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Enkyl post=46678972]
You are very immature and hungry ! If you were impregnated by an Igbo man and that made you hate Igbos sorry for you. But please go to your church and receive deliverance ode[/quote. Am tired for u guys o. If she is speaking against u people now , u will be crying that some set of people does not want u to go. But now, she is prying for u guys to achieve ur biafra, and u are still abusing her. Wait o, are u guys afraid of leaving Nigeria? Nawah for u o.

1 Like

Re: Why I Wrote The Book: “we Are All Biafrans” – Author by DaBullIT(m): 8:03am On Jun 18, 2016
Don't say i didn't warn you ,

You are new here but you still have to leave and learn some manners
Enkyl:

Eat shit you and biafra ! What's the ideology behind biafra ? Like I care little child like you who reasons with his anus

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Love Is A Dangerous Game / I Thought It Was Real / Harry Potter And The Cursed Child Review By A Ten Year Old

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.