Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,750 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m (34368 Views)

T.B Joshua Gives N4.4m To Libya Deportees This Week / TB Joshua Donates To 258 Libya Deportees, Gives Them N7million And Bags Of Rice / TB Joshua Gives Money To Deportees From Libya On Friday(pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by MissEdified(f): 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nigerian Prophet, T.B. Joshua, has splashed N6m ($30,000) on over a hundred Nigerian deportees who arrived from Libya on the evening of Thursday 16th June, 2016.

​According to media reports, 162 Nigerians were deported from the North African nation with the aid of the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) in collaboration with the Swiss government and the Nigerian Embassy in Libya.

However, rather than return home, 107 decided to 'seek refuge' at The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations (SCOAN), the popular Lagos-based church of T.B. Joshua.

According to a post on Joshua's official Facebook Page, after feeding the dishevelled and frail-looking Nigerians who arrived at the church late in the night, the sum of N50,000 was given to each of them alongside a bag of rice.

"Let me be honest with you, if not for this gift from T.B. Joshua, I had the plan of joining the militants in the Niger Delta," admitted Friday, a returnee from Delta State, who fell to his knees in gratitude after receiving the gift.

The deportees explained to this reporter that most of them had been surviving by doing menial jobs in the war-torn nation before being arrested and imprisoned.

"We came back with nothing but the clothes on our backs which were given to us by United Nations officials," said Michael, an Edo State indigene who had been in Libya for nearly ten months, washing cars for a living while nursing the hope of reaching Europe one day.

Arrested in February for staying illegally, Michael endured several months in a Libyan prison before the insufferable conditions of the prisoners attracted the attention of United Nations officials who procured their eventual release.

"I was thinking of how I was going to start my life again," he admitted. "Many of us would have ended up in crime if not for this gift."

Upon arrival, the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) provided transportation vehicles for the returnees to their respective states along with a gesture of N10,000 by the Swiss government.

However, the majority chose to seek help from Joshua, who is famed for his extensive humanitarian gestures.

"We decided to come to The SCOAN because we know how Prophet T.B. Joshua has been helping people around the world," Michael explained, referring to multiple other occasions where Joshua has rendered assistance to Nigerian deportees.

"I can only thank the man of God. Which other Nigerian could have done this for us at such a time in this country?"he tearfully pondered, decrying the muted response from the Nigerian government to their plight.

According to Collins, the young Nigerian had no intention to traverse Libya. Wild promises from a 'friend' of a glamorous life in Europe lured him away from a stable job in Abuja, not knowing that the European dream would lead him to a Libyan dungeon.

The fantasy turned to a nightmare as Libyan police broke into the commune where he was residing with dozens of other Nigerians en-route to a 'better life' abroad that never materialised.

"We are not here to blame or accuse the Libyan government," he stated, recounting the inhumane conditions he endured in prison in which several of his colleagues died.

One of the deportees hobbled to the church on crutches."I had a serious motor accident shortly after arriving to join my wife in Libya," he narrated. "I have been in pain ever since but I thank God for using Prophet T.B. Joshua to wipe our tears away today."

Joshua, who recently celebrated his 53rd birthday on June 12th 2016, also assisted Nigerian deportees who returned from Libya earlier this year, as well as aiding Nigerians returned from South Africa last month.

Ihechukwu Njoku is a freelance Nigerian journalist

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/06/photos-tb-joshua-rescues-stranded.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
He tried.

FTC.

cheesy grin

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by ochuski(m): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
But these men of God get money oh

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Donpressman(m): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by apatuku: 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
OK
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Aliki(m): 6:24pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice one!

8 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by taymeesan(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
MoneyGreen:
Fake lie lie prophet.. Where did he get the whole lot of dough from.. Tithes and offerings me guess suh.. undecided

At least he's using it to help people...

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Man Of God

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Am not saying anything.....****lip sealed***
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Proffdada: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
Later these same people will accuse that same tribe showing benevolence and magnanimity of cowardice and hostility undecided

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by mrvitalis(m): 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
All I see is a company doing her social responsibility.... Nothing more

Good tho.. . After all they are not taxed

1 Like

Yeyebrities pastors undecided
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by inme: 6:25pm On Jun 17, 2016
grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Ahmed3rdjuly: 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
May God bless him for this kind deed

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Sodiq3(m): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
What we have is no longer news, but advertising and public relations paraded as news and information.
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by mmmustapha(m): 6:26pm On Jun 17, 2016
is this an act of generosity or just a eyes service by the seer of bad omen of the Synagogue church of brainwashed common men

2 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
TB Joshua and bag of rice

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nice one man of God...!!!

More photos of the refugees HERE!!!!

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Good gesture but is it necessary we announce gifts cox I tot my own old school bible said when your right hand give even your left hand shouldn't know. Will have to dump that bible for the new ones

5 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by sabacity(m): 6:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
Great... humanity and posterity will never forget you,Prophet TB Joshua!...

18 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by wowmenow: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
How I wish Nigeria can Monetize this tb Joshua brand like the way Saudi Arabia is making money from Mohammed through hajj and Israel make money from Jesus Christ through pilgrimage

Tb Joshua will bring more money to Nigeria than oil

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
Even if we don't fancy his religious acts, we can't take away his generousity and benevolence. That's a better soul winning strategy than many loud speakers and private jets.

24 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by naijaict: 6:28pm On Jun 17, 2016
congrats y'all

meanwhile sales of iphone has been suspended in Beijing

http://www.naijaict.com/2016/06/chinese-regulators-order-apple-to-stop.html
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by dejavubobo1(m): 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
even if I want to say dey don't look NIGERIAN.... I still respect his gesture, as we all are human being
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by freshness2020: 6:29pm On Jun 17, 2016
Okon: What's Fashola saying about power

Bassey: that all power belongs to God

Epic grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 17, 2016
mrvitalis:
All I see is a company doing her social responsibility.... Nothing more

Good tho.. . After all they are not taxed
Noting ur frequent posts here I can draw a conclusion that you, as a perpetual pessimist, you lack joy in your life. May you experience the joy of christ sooner than later.

22 Likes

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by edi287: 6:32pm On Jun 17, 2016
That Friday guy is an slowpoke sha. So all it took was 50k and a bag of rice to prevent him from possibly getting killed like a fowl. Dumb Bleep!

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by virginboy1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
I blame our past leaders. All of them combined are wicked.

Majority of the youths are now living in a state of despair because of the inept corrupt leaders we have gotten so far.

I so much missed baba 90s... the albatross of our polithiefians

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by iamwok: 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
dats gud. But y will dey travel d without papers in d first place?
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by hardywaltz(m): 6:33pm On Jun 17, 2016
Still
Re: TB Joshua Rescues Deportees From Libya, Splashes N6m by MoneyGreen(m): 6:34pm On Jun 17, 2016
Fake lie lie prophet.. Where did he get the whole lot of dough from.. Tithes and offerings me guess suh.. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kenyan Pastor Demolishes Church After Catching His Wife Kissing His Assistant / Five Bible Verses That Will Motivate You And Give You An Extra Push In Life / Pastor Ifeanyi Adefarasin Dancing And Excited At Her 50th Birthday Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.