Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30718 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bravitudenatura(f): 9:38pm On Jun 17, 2016
Good evening house, I want people to share how they rejected an unwanted marriage proposal.
I rejected his proposal cos he's a control freak. At a time I was battling with weightloss and he wanted me to be using some drugs and supplements instead of the natural way. I refused then at a point also he wanted me to be calling him daddy. The day he was to propose he came to my house and asked me if I would marry him I said NO!!
I am happy I didn't accept his proposal then!
Share yours let's hear!!

28 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ishilove: 9:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ikombe: 9:53pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

Lol grin

Evil

19 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ishilove: 9:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
ikombe:
Lol grin

Evil
It's not evil o. I actually have a very soft heart and I just couldn't bring myself to say 'no' outrightly.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2016
Really? Daddy? In this century? na wa oooooo. He is a traditional man, all those who will tell their wives to kneel with two legs when greeting them and serving them meals. Gosh, Daddy? awkward I say. Thank God you got out fast.

21 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bravitudenatura(f): 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:

It's not evil o. I actually have a very soft heart and I just couldn't bring myself to say 'no' outrightly.
you try but hope he doesn't complain for you leading him on and wasting his time

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ikombe: 10:02pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:

but dats evil na , giving sumone hope that he should wait

Straight no is beta

40 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ishilove: 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
ikombe:
but dats evil na , giving sumone hope that he should wait

Straight no is beta
I guess you're right...

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by jopretty(f): 10:08pm On Jun 17, 2016
Used to have this friend oo and suddenly he asked me if I'd love to be his wife. I told him No reason being I don't want to have a child that'll look like him. grin

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ezeego1(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2016
Ishilove:

I guess you mended their hearts then.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 10:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Jamean(f): 2:35am On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

I don't think that's appropriate. It's actually more heartbreaking. Don't keeping people waiting when you are sure you will never commit to them.

Some people lose out on building great friendships this way, say no and stay as friends if you deem fit.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by bravitudenatura(f): 7:49am On Jun 18, 2016
Lalasticlala pls frontpage
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by yetseyi(f): 8:25am On Jun 18, 2016
A young minister in church proposed 8 weeks after he lost his wife (his wife died some weeks to their 1year anniversary)

Of course I rejected. I was tempted to remind him that he should still be mourning but I guess I didnt want to state the obvious and rub salt on the wounds(thats if he was even hurting)

I am still in shock that someone can propose to another woman just weeks after he lost his "newly wedded" wife

Some people sha angry

He even still had the guts to tell someone to please talk to me that my response was unfavorable. I was like seriously?

Na there I para well well angry

He ended up calling to apologise.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mysticgal(f): 9:53am On Jun 18, 2016
The first person who proposed to me was Damn ugly, I couldn't help but say no.
Subsequent times, I just tell them to hold on or tell them I am not ready or just dish out one of my silly marriage philosophy cheesy

Last one that proposed was like " Mysticgal I love you, I dream about you and I feel you will be my suitable help meet, please marry me" see ring, looked sooo beautiful shocked so I just collected the ring. I didn't say yes, I didn't say no. The next day I returned it back and said "I had a bad dream, where I didn't come for the wedding ceremony". I dropped the ring and left.
Please Ignore the above post, it was all my imagination and I have no experience of any marriage proposal cool

101 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by osborn442(m): 11:55am On Jun 18, 2016
Lemme hear from the horses mouth...
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Sijo01(f): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
bravitudenatura:
Good evening house, I want people to share how they rejected an unwanted marriage proposal.
I rejected his proposal cos he's a control freak. At a time I was battling with weightloss and he wanted me to be using some drugs and supplements instead of the natural way. I refused then at a point also he wanted me to be calling him daddy. The day he was to propose he came to my house and asked me if I would marry him I said NO!!
I am happy I didn't accept his proposal then!
Share yours let's hear!!

Serious matter embarassed
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by iykedare(m): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2016
Do you mean kneeling down to greet someone husband I awkward? shocked

Prettiepearlz:
Really? Daddy? In this century? na wa oooooo. He is a traditional man, all those who will tell their wives to kneel with two legs when greeting them and serving them meals. Gosh, Daddy? awkward I say. Thank God you got out fast.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by DollyParton1(f): 11:58am On Jun 18, 2016
I never let it get to marriage proposal level.
Once I see the irreconcilable differences and/or the unpardonable flaws, I let you go.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by lekjons(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2016
i don't get the fuss about that proposal thingy..

i feel like it's oyinbo thing, why should i propose when we've be f**king
why should i ask someone who claimed to love me if she'll marry me??

i'll just wake-up one day and tell her i'm considering doing engagement, then other things follow naturally..

no time for all those on the plane, in the waters, on air, on expressway etc proposal..

106 Likes 12 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Dandeson1(m): 11:59am On Jun 18, 2016
Na shiloh go end all this shakara grincheesy when you start to sweep shiloh ground yur eye go clear.
Shey you wan discover mongo park

80 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Truefederalism(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
angry spreads mat. Let the lies flow in.

By the way, He didnt even propose, he forced me into marriage and I've kept asking for renegotiation.

Marriage is not by force naa. Make una help me tell Nigeria.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by AlexCk: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Choi.
Girl power .

Lemme come n learn oo, bfor dem say no to me o.
grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
The moment you notice you can't put up with a partner's issue(s), its best to end the relationship before it gets to the proposal stage.

Personally, if I'm dating a guy and I notice behaviours or issues that I know I can't handle or deal with in marriage, I jejely end the relationship before it gets to proposal. Can't shout.

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by oluwagream: 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
These days, you have to be more sophisticated in proposing. how about building a custom website just for your proposal and weddings etc? I dare her to say no cheesy cheesy. Need a website for your business, business ideas, or services?
We will develop & provide Content-rich, highly functional, firewall protected and very attractive websites for you in record time. Oya dab
07035288450 and lets talk. Bbm? 592250A6

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by remsonik(f): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
yetseyi:
A young minister in church proposed 8 weeks after he lost his wife (his wife died some weeks to their 1year anniversary)

Of course I rejected. I was tempted to remind him that he should still be mourning but I guess I didnt want to state the obvious and rub salt on the wounds(thats if he was even hurting)

I am still in shock that someone can propose to another woman just weeks after he lost his "newly wedded" wife

Some people sha angry

He even still had the guts to tell someone to please talk to me that my response was unfavorable. I was like seriously?

Na there I para well well angry

He ended up calling to apologise.

That's hard o!! I will ask him if he killed his wife that he can't mourn for at least 18 months. Men atimes

11 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Philinho(m): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Reject n later regret

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by VocalWalls: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Only those who are married and rejected a proposal should comment.

I see people commenting and hoping they get the chance again. undecided

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
mysticgal:
The first person who proposed to me was Damn ugly, I couldn't help but say no.
Subsequent times, I just tell them to hold on or tell them I am not ready or just dish out one of my silly marriage philosophy cheesy

Last one that proposed was like " Mysticgal I love you, I dream about you and I feel you will be my suitable help meet, please marry me" see ring, looked sooo beautiful shocked so I just collected the ring. I didn't say yes, I didn't say no. The next day I returned it back and said "I had a bad dream, where I didn't come for the wedding ceremony". I dropped the ring and left.
Please Ignore the above post, it was all my imagination and I have no experience of any marriage proposal cool

if I catch u there!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by madridguy(m): 12:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Your hubby get time ooooo. You too na iron lady with no blood. grin cheesy

Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Has Refused To Get Cure For Low-sperm Count - Advice Needed / Lady Announces Her Pregnancy On Facebook And Got This Response From Husband / How To Deal With A Terrible Maid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.