Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? (30720 Views)

A Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom (Screenshot) / Would You Accept Or Reject A DNA Paternity Test If It Is Offered For Free? / 8 Signs A Marriage Won’t Last, According To Divorce Lawyers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Dandeson1(m): 12:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
sam4eva777:

grin grin So funny. No be only Shiloh oooo, when they start lighting red and blue candles too in a white garment church, their eyes go open.

Many refusal of proposals are because the guy isn't rich. let's just be honest.
lol bro i tire, ladies always be looking for a perfect nigga to marrygrin if he is not controlling dey say he is weak, now he dey control she dey complain. Dis is the same thing that left my aunt (who will be 51 next month) single and without a child till 2day , she was so picky with men, now see wr e end 4 her. She had to adopt 2 children. Now na she carry church 4 head pass pastor.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by JOYOSITA(f): 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
I bluntly told him I wasn't interested.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by drnoel: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

I didn't want to break their hearts sad

Now thats evil and unfair but I bet I saw one most sinister than yours.

Was once men in suit for a pal of my cousin who was an architect. Guy was getting married to a babe he was dating for a few months. Organized a massive wedding to impress the bride. The bride didn't show up for her wedding but followed another nigger to South Africa. She scattered the niggers heart but we later heard why she refused. She had placed the guy on hold for years and had started dating the guy from what we heard out of pity. One would wonder what she and her sister meant by out of pity cos the 3-4/5 months she was dating the guy while waiting for her drug boyfriend in south Africa she was living in the guy's house, acting wife material. In the guys words which I believe cos I knew him pretty well, he was 4king her everyday. She didnt even drop a note or tried to explain, she just did an MIA on him.
I learnt a lesson that date. It just taught me as much as I love our naija sisters most of them gurls dont get loyality and not to be trusted. That doesn't mean we shouldn't love em. It just means in case of an eventuality don't break down. Men I saw a lively young man reduced to nothing on his own wedding day. Crying himself to pieces. It was left for us to pick up the pieces the girl had destroyed.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
yetseyi:
A young minister in church proposed 8 weeks after he lost his wife (his wife died some weeks to their 1year anniversary)

Of course I rejected. I was tempted to remind him that he should still be mourning but I guess I didnt want to state the obvious and rub salt on the wounds(thats if he was even hurting)

I am still in shock that someone can propose to another woman just weeks after he lost his "newly wedded" wife

Some people sha angry

He even still had the guts to tell someone to please talk to me that my response was unfavorable. I was like seriously?

Na there I para well well angry

He ended up calling to apologise.

If a woman did that they will say she killed her husband because she wants to sleep around.

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Ranchhoddas: 12:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dandeson1:
Na shiloh go end all this shakara grincheesy when you start to sweep shiloh ground yur eye go clear.
Shey you wan discover mongo park
This is so hilarious.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by anonymousreport: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
yetseyi:
A young minister in church proposed 8 weeks after he lost his wife (his wife died some weeks to their 1year anniversary)

Of course I rejected. I was tempted to remind him that he should still be mourning but I guess I didnt want to state the obvious and rub salt on the wounds(thats if he was even hurting)

I am still in shock that someone can propose to another woman just weeks after he lost his "newly wedded" wife

Some people sha angry

He even still had the guts to tell someone to please talk to me that my response was unfavorable. I was like seriously?

Na there I para well well angry

He ended up calling to apologise.

Does he have to mourn forever. Anyways that's your opinion but the thing is the dead is dead. They don't even care really what the living are upto anymore - separate world. Some people get over the loss of someone when they are closer to people they find dearly.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by wendy241(f): 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
D guy dat proposed 2 mi was way 2 big 4 mi grin bt I say no d other guy dat came was short n ugly n I said wot d heck is diz na only mi una see grin[color=#006600][/color]
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by HaneefahRN(f): 12:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
How else, is there two ways to say 'No', I no dey do ni?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by pweeryambre: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
wanted to say yes but he was so broke/poor and with no job or anything and somehow he believed in miracles. I just couldn't see our future together... I politely declined.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by anonymousreport: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:
I never let it get to marriage proposal level.
Once I see the irreconcilable differences and/or the unpardonable flaws, I let you go.
That's what people that know what they want do. Good one.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by anonymousreport: 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
remsonik:

That's hard o!! I will ask him if he killed his wife that he can't mourn for at least 18 months. Men atimes
will mourning 18 months bring back the dead.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by HaneefahRN(f): 12:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
anonymousreport:
Does he have to mourn forever. Anyways that's your opinion but the thing is the dead is dead. They don't even care really what the living are upto anymore - separate world. Some people get over the loss of someone when they are closer to people they find dearly.

2 months after he lost his wife, haba. God forbid if you lose a relative and you hear the wife wants to marry 2 months after, won't you raise an eyebrow?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by pweeryambre: 12:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
drnoel:

Now thats evil and unfair but I bet I saw one most sinister than yours.

Was once men in suit for a pal of my cousin who was an architect. Guy was getting married to a babe he was dating for a few months. Organized a massive wedding to impress the bride. The bride didn't show up for her wedding but followed another nigger to South Africa. She scattered the niggers heart but we later heard why she refused. She had placed the guy on hold for years and had started dating the guy from what we heard out of pity. One would wonder what she and her sister meant by out of pity cos the 3-4/5 months she was dating the guy while waiting for her drug boyfriend in south Africa she was living in the guy's house, acting wife material. In the guys words which I believe cos I knew him pretty well, he was 4king her everyday. She didnt even drop a note or tried to explain, she just did an MIA on him.
I learnt a lesson that date. It just taught me as much as I love our naija sisters most of them gurls dont get loyality and not to be trusted. That doesn't mean we shouldn't love em. It just means in case of an eventuality don't break down. Men I saw a lively young man reduced to nothing on his own wedding day. Crying himself to pieces. It was left for us to pick up the pieces the girl had destroyed.
How did your friend not suspect anything through out the wedding preparations until the wedding day... haba!

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by salabscholar01(m): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
jopretty:
I don't think so smiley
you children may not look like him, though cheesy try it grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Flashh: 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:
I didn't outrightly reject their proposals. I just told them to 'hold on' until they got tired and walked away.

Don't come open thread about you "in need of a husband".

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Antina(f): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

U didn't break it, u divided it cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by kaystones(m): 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

Ha, d guy cldnt stand by his swearing dts y he came back (maybe cos of love) and as 4 you, na so u get fine looks?
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by InvertedHammer: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Dandeson1:
Na shiloh go end all this shakara grincheesy when you start to sweep shiloh ground yur eye go clear.
Shey you wan discover mongo park
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is a proposal necessary even when u both know the goal of the relationship is marriage? Am confused....Does He still need to propose?

What happens to the proposal ring afterwards? Is the proposal ring used as the same wedding ring/engagement wedding ring? Pls enlighten me peeps!!

cc:thorpido
Ewuro4
Mindfulness

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by anonymousreport: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

2 months after he lost his wife, haba. God forbid if you lose a relative and you hear the wife wants to marry 2 months after, won't you raise an eyebrow?
Well, I won't. I blame your opinion and the thoughts of many because of the kind of society Nigeria is. If a widowed woman or man wants to re marry, I will let him/her be it my relative or friend. It's their life. I was never part of the marriage. Why should I intefere and start amebo.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Flashh: 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:
I never let it get to marriage proposal level.
Once I see the irreconcilable differences and/or the unpardonable flaws, I let you go.
Kind of ladies I like. Can we...?

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by marvelous000: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
iykedare:
Op,

You rejected his marriage proposal because he isn't rich. 99% percentage of naija babes will marry rich men who are worse than control freaks. Abeg,tell us another story.

Hope that you won't regret not accepting the proposal someday.

Oya watch Nairaland girls will give us tales of millions of proposals they got. Keep lying to us and deceiving yourself
[size=13pt]
Lol..chief statesman on women affairs has spoken.

Baba, men dey hail from this our panoramic angle cool
[/size]
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Taryur3(m): 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
Continue to reject until the perfect man show up which is Jesus.body go tell you.
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 12:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Your hubby get time ooooo. You too na iron lady with no blood. grin cheesy

hahaha and funny enough he was the kinda guys ladies don't do shakara for until he met me
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by ab2014(m): 12:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
lekjons:
i don't get the fuss about that proposal thingy..

i felt it't oyinbo thing, why should i propose when we've be f**king
why should i ask someone who claimed to love me if she'll marry me??

i'll just wake-up one day and tell her i'm considering doing engagement, then other things follow naturally..

no time for all those on the plane, in the waters, on air, on expressway etc proposal..

You see it exactly the way I do bro

1 Like

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Blade21: 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
kaystones:

Ha, d guy cldnt stand by his swearing dts y he came back (maybe cos of love) and as 4 you, na so u get fine looks?
lol I fine sha hehehe but he loves me alot
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by mummyson26(m): 12:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lol. This tread funny die, I know all the men on this tread go just dey open all the girls profile after they finish reading their story

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lamor:
I don't have the heart to reject a guy.If I knw you can't get past the friend zone and u r already becoming too attached,I give a break.Atleast all excess feelings can wear off.Or I could jx say it jokingly,bt my message would be passed across.I can't bear to see someone feel bad cos of me,and mehn u don't marry outta pity.Though I'm looking forward to a romantic proposal.#winks.
I would love to have the honour of making ur wish a reality
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

I know u will be a very strict lady during your days as a mod. The way u press the ban button clearly shows u have no man shining the Congo. Hmmm smh undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by Antina(f): 12:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Blade21:
I rejected my now hubby 3times before I accepted the fourth time I just said no I can't marry you after a while he asked again I refused, the 3rd time he swore never to ask me again and he moved on we stopped talking for so long then he came back and I realised that's the only man that can make me happy in this bad world he's just perfect then I said yes the 4th time lol

The man na strong man ooo cheesy
Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by doll912(f): 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Someone asked mto marry him,and I said no... because I knew he hadn't gotten over his ex and there were some behaviors that I wanted put in check and since we had a long complicated history(and we know each other like the back of our hands)I wanted to be sure that I wasn't an option B. Few weeks Later, we had a slight misunderstanding and he went back to that Ex. I felt bad at first but now I'm happy I made a wise decision.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Reject A Marriage Proposal? by MicroBox: 12:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Please ladies how can I know my woman finger size.. I want to propose to her without she having beforehand feeling of my intention.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Husband Has Refused To Get Cure For Low-sperm Count - Advice Needed / Lady Announces Her Pregnancy On Facebook And Got This Response From Husband / How To Deal With A Terrible Maid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.