Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,910 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. (56208 Views)

What Would Be The Cost Of Building A 4-bedroom Duplex Now In Abuja / Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Construction Of A Low Cost Three Bedroom bungalow In Suleja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by AbuMikey(m): 10:22pm On Jun 21, 2016
livebullet:
PLS I NEED PRICES OF ALUMINIUM CASEMENT WINDOWS WITH BURGLARY PROOF AND NET. AND ALSO PRICE OF ABESTOS CEILING.

URGENT!....

Asbestos?

Bros, change Your mind please.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by kopell: 10:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Where s ur location sir.
Are you middleman for the workers or you want to be contractor yourself ?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Chelseafan1: 3:43am On Jun 22, 2016
kopell:
Are you middleman for the workers or you want to be contractor yourself ?

The guys stays around me, he's currently handling the POP of a neighbour, wanna know how close/far u are to us.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Uzeelala(m): 5:50am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice info, keep it up.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by ijeshaboy: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

NO sir, omo ijesha ni mi, I'm just based in Ife.
baba re agbe ooo, omo owa omo ekun.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by remiopash: 6:51am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:
Hello nairalanders, I've been willing to create something like this a long time ago but ive been quite busy and reluctant, this is not to show off but rather to create an awareness that people can still build and own decent apartments and not get unnecessarily fleeced on site.

I designed the house for my mom and supervised it from scratch to where it is now and I must tell you, we made use of materials with very good quality, yet total money spent to this stage isn't up to 5 million yet.

Feel free to ask me any questions, I'll be glad to respond.
Thanks all

Cc Spyder88
Mufutau55
Egunmogaji
Ibime
Nihilist
Raumdeuter
Dmcdad
Abumikey
Lalasticlala
Seun
Jarus
Afrodoc
Bplenty
kolashangeone
Larwin

I started off from this thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/3170800/construction-3bedroom-flat-all-ensuite/3#46678938

Can You pls let me see the drawing?I am really interested.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by victorazy(m): 6:58am On Jun 22, 2016
Nihilist:
Is 5m the cost of labour? Or does that include building materials as well?

I find it extremely difficult to believe that a house can be put together for 5m
Even less than.
Am an architect and I can't spend up to 5m to build 4bedroom bungalow.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by W3irDo: 7:18am On Jun 22, 2016
Hmm. Dis is hard to believe
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by einsteino(m): 7:29am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Bro, it varies o, there are places in Ife now where cost of land goes for millions of naira and competition to get such lands will still be high, however, lands in less developed areas and new sites are cheap.

You could get for 100k to 500k

Actually there's a new development close to my work place, sijuade family wants to sell large expanse of land....so many hectares of land, an acre goes for 400k and its close to the major road....my younger bro wants to get 2 acres just for it to appreciate, he's offering 300k but the man hasn't accepted.

400k for an acre that could go for 1 billion somewhere in Banana island.

What side of ife is that and how can one be sure he wont hear stories later?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Cheekah212(m): 7:36am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Bro, it varies o, there are places in Ife now where cost of land goes for millions of naira and competition to get such lands will still be high, however, lands in less developed areas and new sites are cheap.

Actually there's a new development close to my work place, sijuade family wants to sell large expanse of land....so many hectares of land, an acre goes for 400k and its close to the major road....my younger bro wants to get 2 acres just for it to appreciate, he's offering 300k but the man hasn't accepted.

Bro! I just sent you a PM. Kindly reply me so we could connect.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by wilcox(m): 7:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Cost of land = 250k

Cost of clearing and tractor work = 30k early 2014

Foundation = we moulded the blocks, like a tonne and half cement was used. like 750 blocks for Foundation.....total cost + workmanship 150k, you read that right, 150k

The bricklayer charged us 60k to lay the Foundation blocks.

Laying of blocks to lintel level...size 6 was used for this, we moulded all our blocks too, like 4 tonnes of cement and sand cost like 400k, that's like 2800 blocks

The bricklayer collected 150k

Lintel, iron rods, Carpenter work, bricklayer work and Concrete....like 200k

Wood work = 200k
Workmanship = 60k

Aluminum longspan roofing sheet = 450k

Buglary for all Windows, 14 big Windows and 5 small windows = 130k

Imported Entrance door and exit door....like 50k smiley

Aluminum Windows....Casement type = 400k

Exterior POP works on Windows and doors, cement used and sand, all cost us 30k, workmanship 120k

Flooring of all the floors and interior wall plastering...10 loads of sand like 80k, 2 and half tonnes of cement....64k
Workmanship = 60k (these were done when I came back from service 2 months ago, these are latest prices)

Electrical works and wiring. 250k + workmanship

Plumbing works (laying of pipes and channeling to the soak away + workmanship = 150k

POP work for living room, dining, 3 terraces, a lobby and visitor's toilet = 200k (2 weeks ago)

Digging of well and soak away pit = 250k (its not yet complete)

On going work today (Flooring of the Entrance porch + terrace and steps at the back - (6 bags of cement =9k, 30 six inches blocks = 3300, workmanship 6k....totalling approximately 20k

This is a break down of all the expenses from start to this stage....these are almost accurate estimate as she can't totally get the figures right.

There is still much money to spend ooo but life na jeje, na to dey do am small small as money dey show.
Thanks.

Bros nice analysis and expense breakdown. But there was a fatal mistake on the structural work.
You should have used 3 blocks after lintel instead of two blocks. That would've given the house a porch look, just try to improve on it in your next project.
Them no dey try pass try. Kudos
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by 4nobody4every1: 7:44am On Jun 22, 2016
cool
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by finebois(m): 7:53am On Jun 22, 2016
good job
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by anyicash(m): 7:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:
Here's when it all started

Site clearance, first day at work, the laying of block got to lintel level after the 7th or 8th day.
Plz how do i get your cell phone number? i will like to discuss some private talks with you.. coincidentally i am a chelsea fan too. plz get back to me.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by omosedollar(m): 7:55am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

NO sir, omo ijesha ni mi, I'm just based in Ife.

My guy you are from my mama Village and live in my papa town lol
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by shirgles(m): 8:04am On Jun 22, 2016
Would love to follow up with you
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by remiopash: 8:09am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:
The land was acquired sometimes in 2014 for 250k in total, 2 plots of land 55 X 200m, I worked on a plan with a fellow colleague, when the building property commenced, some things were changed on the plan to suit my new taste and mama smiley smiley smiley smiley

The car porch has been changed to just a relxation spot as the location of the game has been changed.

Pictures to follow soon.

but the land of 2 plots should be (55m by 100) for the first plot and (55m by 100m) for the second plot,so that the 2plots will be 110m by 200m.Am I right ? I NEED YOUR HELP HERE
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by DrSuleiman100: 8:12am On Jun 22, 2016
@op, please, I m also from Ife. I will like to have your phone number. Mine is 08038707610.

Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by naheem8307(m): 8:13am On Jun 22, 2016
You have created a thread to better your life for good... Your analysis and breakdown said it all... Honesty is the key.. will meet you up soon...

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Davedavy: 8:37am On Jun 22, 2016
@ OP.

What is the total cost for your roofing?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Arijude(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2016
Praktikals:
Ambo wa gba owo omo onile lowo mummy grin
I koto bee!!
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by ifeanyi83(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice one man...but what parameters did consider before determining your site and ground floor finished levels. It will be a challenge when the rain comes...nice effort
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by kopell: 9:05am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

The guys stays around me, he's currently handling the POP of a neighbour, wanna know how close/far u are to us.
check your email.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Omonigeriarere: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

The bolded statement refers! Where is the land located in Ife?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Adefemiaderoju1: 9:48am On Jun 22, 2016
Brother is there a way I could get your contact pls?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by dragonking2: 9:54am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:
The land was acquired sometimes in 2014 for 250k in total, 2 plots of land 55 X 200m, I worked on a plan with a fellow colleague, when the building property commenced, some things were changed on the plan to suit my new taste and mama smiley smiley smiley smiley

The car porch has been changed to just a relxation spot as the location of the game has been changed.

Pictures to follow soon.
Where is the location?
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by sorepco(m): 9:56am On Jun 22, 2016
250k?? Chei there is no where in idenili south anambra i can think of where u can get a plot for less than 1.5milla!! Una dey enjoy well well. There is even a village called awka etiti where a plot goes or starts from 4 milla.
Y dis discrepancy?? Thats how a friend of mind told me he bought 5 plots of land for 300k in ondo. I remember calling him a big liar till sum1 else bought same n showrd me his invoice!!

Chelseafan1:

Pictures to follow soon.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Emyben(m): 10:00am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1:

@ bolded, wow! Just wow!!! If my mom wasn't here with me right now studying the Bible, I would have thought she's the one typing to me, this is the ONLY criticism she has too, accessing the kitchen from the 3 bedrooms without passing thru the living room, in her voice, it could av been a perfect design....lol

There was a day we were both looking at possible solutions to that problem, cos I was impressed she brot that up, but its already late.

In case of emergency, one could have easily made that linkage as an escape route, some things have changed on that plan sef, like the door to the store is now located opposite the kitchen door, deres a small window facing the kitchen window for illumination.

If we are to recrify this, what suggestions do you have?

And yh, tnx for the compliments, na d plan many people dey trip for pass, simple, small home with nice arrangement of spaces.

No wahala, im always here, I'll be handling a 4 bedroom duplex very soon, im still at the design stage, will create a thread once im done, my client is in Leeds.

Put up a curtain rail there. L shaped Curtain rail
From the tip of that lobby entrance by the left, take it to the right hand side of the lobby near the dining.

Being that am typing, i cant really explain much.
But i believe that a curtain can give some level of privacy.
To avoid Visitors seeing your mom or sisters on their wrapper moving to and fro the kitchen
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by sorepco(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2016
Op i think its abit misleading na. U did not include the cost for architectural design and contractor fee. Dont u think it mite just take above 5milla?? U did all those free for mama....but what if i my mama gat no architect or contractor son?

Chelseafan1:

Lol....my oga its unbelievable but this is to show like-minded people that its actually possible if you have good people to work for you.

No final cost projection like that, my mom isn't rich, she started in 2014,shes been doing it slow and steady and funds is being gathered, shes just grateful it has a professional touch and she heaps praises on me every other day that if it weren't for me and God, it wouldn't have been possible/ds beautiful cheesy cheesy cheesy

This work has gotten me a few number of clients who wants me to give them something like this or slightly different.

The Land is based in ife, Osun state. The land alone will go for millions of naira in places like Lagos.

I'll give a break down of the total money spent till this stage as requested by raumdeuter,..
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by Dsrooftiles: 10:57am On Jun 22, 2016
Nice one op

1 Like

Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by stancydg: 11:00am On Jun 22, 2016
[quote author=Chelseafan1 post=46686944]

Cost of land = 250k

Cost of clearing and tractor work = 30k early 2014

Foundation = we moulded the blocks, like a tonne and half cement was used. like 750 blocks for Foundation.....total cost + workmanship 150k, you read that right, 150k

The bricklayer charged us 60k to lay the Foundation blocks.

Laying of blocks to lintel level...size 6 was used for this, we moulded all our blocks too, like 4 tonnes of cement and sand cost like 400k, that's like 2800 blocks

The bricklayer collected 150k

Lintel, iron rods, Carpenter work, bricklayer work and Concrete....like 200k

Wood work = 200k
Workmanship = 60k

Aluminum longspan roofing sheet = 450k

Buglary for all Windows, 14 big Windows and 5 small windows = 130k

Imported Entrance door and exit door....like 50k smiley

Aluminum Windows....Casement type = 400k

Exterior POP works on Windows and doors, cement used and sand, all cost us 30k, workmanship 120k

Flooring of all the floors and interior wall plastering...10 loads of sand like 80k, 2 and half tonnes of cement....64k
Workmanship = 60k (these were done when I came back from service 2 months ago, these are latest prices)

Electrical works and wiring. 250k + workmanship

Plumbing works (laying of pipes and channeling to the soak away + workmanship = 150k

POP work for living room, dining, 3 terraces, a lobby and visitor's toilet = 200k (2 weeks ago)

Digging of well and soak away pit = 250k (its not yet complete)

On going work today (Flooring of the Entrance porch + terrace and steps at the back - (6 bags of cement =9k, 30 six inches blocks = 3300, workmanship 6k....totalling approximately 20k

This is a break down of all the expenses from start to this stage....these are almost accurate estimate as she can't totally get the figures right.

There is still much money to spend ooo but life na jeje, na to dey do am small small as money dey show.
Thanks.

Thank God for this thread. We have been saying this all along. Its high time you SACKED YOUR LANDLORD!!!

SACK YOUR LANDLORD, STOP PARKING CARS
IN HIS COMPOUND!!!
Build your 2bedroom for 2M, 3bedroom for 3M
And Duplex for 15M.
PAY INSTALLMENTALLY OVER CONSTRUCTION
PERIOD.
CALL PARADYSITY ARCHITECTS ON
07034643328/ 08103475104.
Refer a client and get 5% commission.
Re: Construction Of A 4-bedroom Bungalow For My Mom...all Bedroom Ensuite. by knightfemi: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Chelseafan1, please can you give me more info on the new development close to your work place? What part of Ife etc...?

Chelseafan1:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Video Of Femi Osibona And His Daughters Dancing (Throwback) / Landlord Puts Barb Wire Around His Balcony To Prevent Neighbors From Sitting / Please Help (Cost to Construct Concrete Parapet)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.