Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:31 AM

Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians (726 Views)

Lovers Of Bread, Please Come In. / See The Little Accident Caused By Love Of Bread / Photo Of How Nigerians Check Expiry Date Of Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by wordychap: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
The Association of Master Bakers and Caterers of the Nigeria, AMBCN, has told Nigerians to expect hike in price of bread soon “to enable bakers to remain in business.”
This was disclosed by its national chairman, Samuel Abanulor at a news conference in Umuahia yesterday.

He said Bakers in the country have been operating at a lost due to the high cost of raw materials, such as flour and sugar.

He added, “We are helpless because the price of raw materials ranging from flour to sugar, wheat and butter, has gone up.

“It is, therefore, imperative that for us to remain in business, we will have to increase the price of bread.”

Abanulor explained further that the Association at a meeting with flour producers appealed to them to review the price of flour downward.

“However, they told us that there is nothing they can do because the Federal Government is not giving them foreign exchange and that they source it by themselves at the parallel market.

“They maintained that they cannot sell below their cost price.”

Abanulor while explaining why it had been difficult for bakers to produce bread with cassava flour, said the Federal Government is yet to provide bakers with an improver called Enzyme that will enhance the cassava flour.

He said “You cannot bake cassava bread without an improver, it will not work.

“Our challenge is that we reached an agreement with the Federal Government that they are going to give us an improver.

“There are lots of potential in cassava flour but the problem is that government cannot provide us with improver.’

http://dailypost.ng/2016/06/18/expect-hike-in-price-of-bread-soon-ambcn-tells-nigerians/
Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by bondingman: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
O God, deliver Nigeria from buhari.
The poor don't have any to turn to but u for help!
Save the country from this tyrant that has taken charge and everything's turned bad and getting worst by the days.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by chumakk: 12:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
Which hike again? The slice bread I use to buy 200 is now 300. You want to make it 500 now?

1 Like

Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by ajebuter(f): 12:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
If una like, increase it by 100 percent

Na we ask for CHANJi and now we must live with it..

Una Agege bread eaters with ewa agonyin, or with mai shai tea.....

Sorriment! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by XieXie: 12:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lols i remember as a kid what I liked most was bread and tea. My dad will always make sure we had bread in the house even in bread scarcity.... Chai oh God let me be a big blessing to my parents and loved ones.

Ehen so to the topic..... It won't stop me from eating bread oooo.

1 Like

Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by wordychap: 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
This 'CHANGE' is really devilish.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Hike In Price Of Bread Soon – AMBCN Tells Nigerians by ZainabOs(f): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Name to change my bread for corn Asap.

(1) (Reply)

Some Unbelieveable Food Combination You Have Eaten Or Still Eating / 5 Fats That Are Good For YOU / Asun And Grills

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.