Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

Is PHP Dying? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is PHP Dying? (4065 Views)

Is Php Dying? Give Your Reasons / Is PHP Dying? / Why Is PHP So.........boring?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
If you think PHP is a horrible atrocity and will die in 5 years time, it implies that you probably haven't actually been keeping up-to-date with the platform. Ten years ago, PHP was indeed a horrible atrocity where most people barely knew what an object was, nobody had heard of unit testing and talking about the concept of "code quality" would have just got you blank stares. Today's PHP has ditched virtually all of the language quirks that gave it its reputation, and the current crop of PHP developers are writing well-tested, well-structured, good quality code. There are a number of very well polished frameworks available that can stand up just fine alongside those in the Node, Python and Ruby ecosystems. Not to mention PHP7.
Learn to update you PHP skills.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is PHP Dying? by FagsamPHP(m): 1:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
thumbs up
Re: Is PHP Dying? by jidez007: 1:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
If Ruby has Rails we have Laravel. Although I have started looking at Golang
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
Interesting. . .
Re: Is PHP Dying? by osarenomaspecial: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
php 7 still not powerful.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by osarenomaspecial: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
programmers here in nairaland love php die,that why they are not productive. upgrade ooooo. i wan build next Google or Microsoft, i go hire u but no bring php come.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by FrankLampard: 4:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
osarenomaspecial:
programmers here in nairaland love php die,that why they are not productive. upgrade ooooo. i wan build next Google or Microsoft, i go hire u but no bring php come.

What have you done with your Almighty Programming Language?

3 Likes

Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
osarenomaspecial:
What language do you use..? I bet you are the one language type and is so hooked on it that every other stuff is shit.

And you think Google or Microsoft are successful because they use a certain language?

It's funny cos I was reading a reddit thread the other time and they talked about a recruiter who doesn't know PHP is object oriented
https://m.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/4oa1mk/php_sucks/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=false
Re: Is PHP Dying? by codemaniacs: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
As long as wordpress is alive php can't die.
As long as android is alive java can't die.
As long as ins:tagram is alive python can't die.
As long as unity3d is alive C# can't die.
As long as unrealengine, linux and other high end software are alive C/C++ can't die.

3 Likes

Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
osarenomaspecial:
php 7 still not powerful.
In what aspect pls?

1 Like

Re: Is PHP Dying? by zzzzy: 5:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
codemaniacs:
As long as unrealengine, linux and other high end software are alive C/C++ can't die.
well, they can still die. Android is supposedly switching to swift from java. That doesn't mean java would die. But these companies can still shift the language they use.

1 Like

Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
zzzzy:
well, they can still die. Android is supposedly switching to swift from java. That doesn't mean java would die. But these companies can still shift the language they use.
Who told you android is switching when they haven't even decided.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
codemaniacs:
WordPress is one of the projects giving php a bad name... It should die ASAP :facepalm;
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Is PHP Dying? by zzzzy: 5:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
guru01:

Who told you android is switching when they haven't even decided.
At least they are deciding whether to.so my point still lies that they can switch.

1 Like

Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
codemaniacs:
All the above is true!!
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nmeri17: 8:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
[s]
codemaniacs:
[/s]
Leyes from the pit of hell!! angry
As long as CSS is alive PHP and Python can never never dye angry

1 Like

Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 8:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Jregz:

WordPress is one of the projects giving php a bad name... It should die ASAP :facepalm;
True talk, that the result automatic is rewriting their wp admin in js.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by omoelu1(m): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
All these one na just story.
Php, java, whatever. Just use what ever you're comfortable with and gets the job done.
The reason for Google's success is not because it uses python or Java, Neither is facebook's success dependent on it's usage of PHP.

4 Likes

Re: Is PHP Dying? by Raypawer(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
no, live and die with php

jidez007:
If Ruby has Rails we have Laravel. Although I have started looking at Golang
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Raypawer(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
can i shock you? wordpress is moving to javascript

codemaniacs:
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Raypawer:

Oh yeah, we know that. But that does not change a thing. There are many big-shot websites running on PHP.

Wordpress is disgracing PHP to be quite honest.

2 Likes

Re: Is PHP Dying? by FincoApps(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2016
Jregz:

What language do you use..? I bet you are the one language type and is so hooked on it that every other stuff is shit.

And you think Google or Microsoft are successful because they use a certain language?

It's funny cos I was reading a reddit thread the other time and they talked about a recruiter who doesn't know PHP is object oriented
https://m.reddit.com/r/PHP/comments/4oa1mk/php_sucks/?utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=false

hahaha exactly.

That same stuff of getting seriously hooked to a language or platform has happened to me too before
Re: Is PHP Dying? by FincoApps(m): 8:45am On Jun 19, 2016
FrankLampard:

What have you done with your Almighty Programming Language?

Good question
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Raypawer(m): 8:51am On Jun 19, 2016
how?

dhtml18:

Oh yeah, we know that. But that does not change a thing. There are many big-shot websites running on PHP.

Wordpress is disgracing PHP to be quite honest.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 9:03am On Jun 19, 2016
omoelu1:
All these one na just story.
Php, java, whatever. Just use what ever you're comfortable with and gets the job done.
The reason for Google's success is not because it uses python or Java, Neither is facebook's success dependent on it's usage of PHP.
We are not talking about using whatever tools here, everybody knows that using whatever tools that get the job done fast is best.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 9:06am On Jun 19, 2016
Raypawer:

You are a learner and a liar. Automatic is developing a new product on JavaScript called calypso.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 9:11am On Jun 19, 2016
FincoApps:

hahaha exactly.

That same stuff of getting seriously hooked to a language or platform has happened to me too before
What language were you hooked to?
Re: Is PHP Dying? by FincoApps(m): 10:58am On Jun 19, 2016
guru01:

What language were you hooked to?

Lol not language...
More like mobile platform: BlackBerry.... but I'm recovering
Re: Is PHP Dying? by guru01(m): 11:12am On Jun 19, 2016
FincoApps:

Lol not language...
More like mobile platform: BlackBerry.... but I'm recovering
Ok, I developed some mobile apps for bb 5/6/7 platforms. It was an amazing experience.
Re: Is PHP Dying? by Scholar01: 11:30am On Jun 19, 2016
But Baba guru01 nawa for you sef. You don too tey for this programming section to still be championing this PHP matter. Most of the folks wey be your mates for this section have since moved on to other technologies. Time to move on Bro

1 Like

Re: Is PHP Dying? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 19, 2016
^^^Yes o, i agree. he is the PHP troll in this section. Me, i don divert to NOSQL things

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / Help!!! How Do I Download Premium Videos From Lynda, Tut+, For Free! / A Very Simple Loan Calculator In Vb6 Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.