Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,409 members, 7,808,458 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:13 PM

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (37866 Views)

Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Wuraola Is Pregnant, Flaunts Baby Bump (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
Wife of Ooni of Ife, Wuraola Otiti Zynab Obanor, has waded into the much talked about gender equality bill.
She suggested the need to ignore the bill as men and women cannot be equal.

Speaking at the just concluded Emerging Women’s Forum, in Maryland, USA, Zynab said out of no offensce to anyone, she’s not a fan of gender equality because she thinks that limits women.
She categorically stated that her husband, the Ooni, has his role to play and she has hers.

She said, “I am not a huge fan of gender equality. We can’t be equal, We cant be men. We have our roles to play here, a very pivotal one.”

The queen further outlined the powerful roles women play and how women should tap into their powers by exploring themselves in order to reach extraordinary heights, as opposed to fighting for power with their male counterparts.
She said, “The modern pattern of feminism has succeeded in limiting women of the heights they could reach; gender equality is unrealistic.

“We can never be equal with men, we are here for a great purpose, we have our roles to play we are powerful and we are a force of nature.
“Relationships are suffering today, because women want to be men. You want to be treated like a queen, but you don’t carry yourself like a Queen,” her Majesty noted.

www.dailypost.ng/2016/06/18/relationships-suffer-because-women-want-to-be-men-we-cant-be-equal-ooni-of-ifes-wife/

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by madridguy(m): 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Better woman.

161 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
You want to be equal yet you expect us to make the Ist move undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us to foot the bills of you & your friends undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us to carry all the family's problems on our head undecided

All ye feminists had better waken up from ya fairy tales

Ps: Don't quote me if you're one, unless you want to fall and die for no reason this afternoon grin

344 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Olalan(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
Women can not claim equal status with men and yet want to shy away from men responsibilities. Common sharing of bills on a date is an uphill task for them.

57 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by salabscholar01(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
ok

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by banmee(m): 2:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
madridguy:
Better woman.

You also need to grasp what she is really saying though. We are not equal granted, but we are equal partners. One cannot do without the other.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Stancity(m): 2:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
Initiative is the ability to do what is worth doing without being told or supervised.

Her majesty just nailed it... Ladies listen to her...

18 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Apelex(m): 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
vargasvictory:
You want to be equal yet you expect us to make the Ist move undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us the foot the bills of you & your friends undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us to carry all the family's problems on our head undecided

All ye feminists had better waken up from ya fairy tales

Ps: Don't quote me if you're one, unless you want to fall and die for no reason this afternoon grin

I just tire for them o my brother..

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Brainy007: 2:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
In these societies we live in,what I expect women to demand for is more protection by the law, more respect from men and not equality.

Men and women can never be equal.

Yes kudos to those women that have distinguished themselves in the society. But the fact that they've competed with men and won doesn't make them equal to men

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by leahcimzil: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
feminists want to eat their cakes and have it

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
How can this LADY'S MARRIAGE break... .?
I don't think it is possible. ..
Rarely possible.

Mark me... .

40 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Papishi(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
This woman just faced a very notorious fact.

6 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by donifez(m): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
A feminist is that full day housewife, a banker, a lawyer. A feminist is that woman that supports her man and vice versa, she is that virtuous woman. That is what I see as a feminist. we all have different roles. Just do it well.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by adonbilivit: 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by DollyParton1(f): 2:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nonsense.
Some people just try so hard to be relevant.
Of course a rapist is superior to her na. Shebi we are not equal.

Modified: if your brain is too weak to comprehend this post, then I can't help u. Just waka pass and stop quoting me.

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nitefury: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
In Nairaland's feminist voice:

"She got low self esteem"
"She's looking for male attention because she's ugly".
"She's begging for likes on NL"

One frustrated and angry one even turned it into a "race" thingy, saying Dolly was against her "Race" for saying women and men are not equal and that relationship should be based on love and mutual respect not equality.

Meanwhile i heard Mrs. Winifred Akpani, owner and founder of Northwest petroleum is the power behind the new Providus Bank?

Women wey wan achieve, dey achieve, while the confused lot dey run around claiming say (Naija) man na their problem.

Modified: Bitter women don dey call her olosho.. In the absence of superior argument, people turn to insults to score points. I bin think say NL feminist na intelligent people?

Meanwhile for those bitter girls calling her a woman of easy virtue, if you didn't get married to the guy who deflowered you, your first sex partner, or ever been with more than one man you sef be ASHAWO.

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by theunnamed: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
And that's how you know who's a queen...

20 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by kennycalls(m): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
oya go and submit to your husbands
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by HaneefahRN(f): 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
She is inferior to her driver nau, no be man?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by iKarma: 2:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
This Edo ashewo better not bring gender inequality to the SW.

Yoruba women
1. Have been queens and ruling over kingdoms in the past

2. Get inheritance unlike their Ibo counterparts

3. Are deemed as equal opponents in politics

4. Are equally as educated as men in Yorubaland

5. Work hard just as men

6. Are equally as respected

20 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by fatdick(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Well said your majesty

4 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Figs(m): 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
let them start growin prick na

5 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
I'll love and respect my wife but I'll show her the way out the day she claim equality with me because I wouldn't want my daughters to be like that.
God didn't create men and women equal. we have different roles to play.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by fatdick(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:
You have a poor comprehension skill. Bye

100 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by GreenNegro(m): 2:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Some ladies will still not agree. If the bill is eventually passed (which i dont think will happen), expect news of broken homes

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by montezz(f): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
I agree with her 100%.

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by realmindz: 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
woman of wisdom...good one olori

10 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Olarajee(m): 2:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:

Thats all you can say? Are you also a feminist?

5 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by MrCow(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
iKarma:
This Edo ashewo better not bring gender inequality to the SW.
Yoruba women
1. Have been queens and ruling over kingdoms in the past
2. Get inheritance unlike their Ibo counterparts
3. Are deemed as equal opponents in politics
4. Are equally as educated as men in Yorubaland
5. Work hard just as men
6. Are equally as respected

Mind what You post, must You show how stoo. pid You are, She is royal and ion think You'll want Your mother to be addressed same way

To your point, they're cool but that doesn't mean they are feminist, in fact the Yoruba's show great deal of respect to their husbands.
GET IT; women can be great in whatever they do but it doesn't mean they are equal to men. Stop this tribal bullshit

respect is reciprocal

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by donifecent(m): 3:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Men will be men and women will be women. We've different roles to play unless circumstances force us to do otherwise. Even if they put it into law, women will still see themselves as inferiority to men.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Madam Efunroye Tinubu Aided Abolishment Of Slave Trade In 1800s / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.