Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,625 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (37867 Views)

Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Canada At 150: Ooni Of Ife & Wife Land In Canada. See How They Were Received / Ooni Of Ife's Wife, Wuraola Is Pregnant, Flaunts Baby Bump (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by amtaken(f): 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's how you argue at home. No wonder you are a feminist.

Let me go cook. Go paint your nails. Bye.

banmee:

Adult? Attorney? With that mentality? Yeah right.

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by charlesu49(m): 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:
Nonsense.
Some people just try so hard to be relevant.
Of course a rapist is superior to her na. Shebi we are not equal.

Modified: if your brain is too weak to comprehend this post, then I can't help u. Just waka pass and stop quoting me.

And when they say "dem get fish brain" you pick up sticks. Listen to yourself. You don't even comprehend what feminism is all about, u didn't make any point there. You sound like one of these women that blame the society for their lack of vision and failure and then get married to console themselves but end up discovering they're not even good wives. Stop picking fights with nature, its not interested.

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Proudlesbiangal(f): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
I don't get why Nigerian men like complaining about feminism and equal rights. Its not applicable in Nigeria as most things favour men so in the end all the bruhaha complaints are for what exactly
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by banmee(m): 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
amtaken:
That's how you argue at home. No wonder you are a feminist.

Let me go cook. Go paint your nails. Bye.

**** I am a man who is very comfortable in his masculinity. Who knows what is right from wrong. Who bases everything on facts and doing things the right way. Go cook dear attorney. Seems to be all you are good for.

1 Like

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Mavelshee(m): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
These women are trying to alter a harmony that has existed from the onset of time

NO sane man, i repeat....NO sane man will give you equal right under his roof cos of the content of any bill whatsoever

make una no annoy we Men oo.......go and ask oo, there is no joy in been single at 45,

if u like be the Minister of Aviation, 'man na man'
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by misspatsy(f): 7:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
I wonder if d Olori even read the bill properly and comprehended it before talking about failed relationships and all.
If she was married off at age 13 I think she would have understood better
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sweetcocoa(f): 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
femi4:
These days, we have women saying stuff like "i can compete with men" instead of being herself and realizing her potentials
Well I guess it depends on the areas she's talking about.

Women can compete with men, can't they? Plus how does any of that affect potentials?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by gbishman: 7:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
A pride of the Benin kingdom, may ur wisdom and upbringing help u compliment your Ooni in Jesus name.
You have spoken like a true well bred queen that you are.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by aubventure: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nitefury:
In Nairaland's feminist voice:

"She got low self esteem"
"She's looking for male attention because she's ugly".
"She's begging for likes on NL"

One frustrated and angry one even turned it into a "race" thingy, saying Dolly was against her "Race" for saying women and men are not equal and that relationship should be based on love and mutual respect not equality.

Meanwhile i heard Mrs. Winifred Akpani, owner and founder of Northwest petroleum is the power behind the new Providus Bank?

Women wey wan achieve, dey achieve, while the confused lot dey run around claiming say (Naija) man na their problem.

Modified: Bitter women don dey call her olosho.. In the absence of superior argument, people turn to insults to score points. I bin think say NL feminist na intelligent people?

Meanwhile for those bitter girls calling her a woman of easy virtue, if you didn't get married to the guy who deflowered you, your first sex partner, or ever been with more than one man you sef be ASHAWO.
stop insulting her, I know you wished you were the queen. She doesn't need your like on NL she actually said this US. she is well to do she has just helped her husband ascend that throne. Think of helping your man achieve great things and stop being a parasite, which you are.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nitefury: 8:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
aubventure:

stop insulting her, I know you wished you were the queen. She doesn't need your like on NL she actually said this US. she is well to do she has just helped her husband ascend that throne. Think of helping your man achieve great things and stop being a parasite, which you are.

Go school, you no gree... Na the result be this.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by badonkadonk: 8:26pm On Jun 18, 2016
Brainy007:

You seem to be a victim yourself.
Sorry about that.
I pray God cleanse you of the bitterness in your heart

How can i be a victim, when i am a dude...?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by NevetsIbot(m): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
montezz:
I agree with her 100%.
i love you grin
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Chomzy19(f): 8:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mickael2:

that's funny. For every single successful female,there are 100 successful males! You were saying?

That particular successful woman like oprah or Beyonce is greater than u, a nobody.

Greatness/being superior is defined by the mark you made on earth not by your sex.

You can distinguish yourself above the rest or u can die deceiving yourself that u are superior to all women because for every successful woman there are 100 successful men and somehow the success of other men makes you superior.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by NevetsIbot(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

Please Define EQUAL. Are we not same human species? Or are women of an inferior specie? We are equal but our roles are not.
we are unequal because of our roles!! Imagine a balance, one part for men, the other for women... Now take all the responsibilities of a man andd load it up on the mans side, then take that of the woman and load itt up too... The heavier one goes down, thee lighter one goes up.... Men were made to take a lot of responsiblities cos they were given more value. Get it?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by macof(m): 8:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
cancaworm:

Treated like pigs. Look at this olori that should talk and help the less privileged. No way. She should have kept quiet and focus on her african magic movie if she doesn't know what gender equality means.

so ur mother is/was treated like a pig? if so, blame ur damned father not the general population of Men

oh please, feminists aren't even agitating for gender equality. .the word "feminists" exposes your fraud

do you want to be governor? or president? or found a company? do you want to be wealthy. .even more than your husband? Go ahead. ..work hard and stop being lazy just seeking relevance. .. There's already gender equality in most African societies. ..real women know how to grab what they want instead of complain and play the victim every time.

look at Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Allison Madueke and Alakija... they are powerful women who respect their husbands. hold your husband responsible for his responsibilities. ..as you should be responsible for yours

2 Likes

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by laiza(m): 8:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
How did they win pls, Enlighten me?
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by NevetsIbot(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
doll912:

Shut your male chauvinist mouth up. We are equal but only our roles are different. It's your type that will still ask his wife to work for money and still call you "daddy". What makes you better than a woman who does everything u can do and still play her role as a mother and wife? Abeg!
i wanna say a worrd here but i'm afraid i'll get banned. Biatch!!!!!!!
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Zoe99(f): 8:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
The day women become thesame with men is the day they will seize to be called,"the weaker sex".Women will be treated as men.Women will be expected to run the 100m dash in 9 seconds,instead of 10.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
mumu,you'll not shut up that your big elete pomo
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
mumu,you'll not shut up that your big elete pomo olori eja.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by femi4: 9:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:

Women can compete with men, can't they? Plus how does any of that affect potentials?
I mean choose profession because you have passion for it. Don't let your motivation of going into a particular field be "I going there to compete with men".
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
HaneefahRN:
She is inferior to her driver nau, no be man?

She isn't saying women are inferior to men, just that both sexes are different, unique and special. Nothing in this denotes inferiority. A woman is woman and a man is a man. Both should be able to aspire to the highest levels of their professions or public office.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by macof(m): 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
cancaworm:

Just because of free ticket he buys for you.So you cannot pay for your ticket?you should keep quiet and lock yourself to telemondo let the enlightened folks do the talking. Open bombom and produce baby. Work you dont have. Money you cant make.What do you want to support again.You might be thrown out of that house soon. Enjoy the free food for now. Girl bye.

good. so if you must seek the respect a man gets you need to start taking up the duties of the man. . unfortunately, no able man sits and let's anyone take his responsibilities. ..men aren't supposed to run away from hard work.. so pray you find a weakling for a husband who would let you take his responsibilities
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by KingEbukaNaija: 9:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
sweetcocoa:

These women cant even compete with boys . Let's discuss , do you think its fair for these women to be payed like the men ?

Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by ogunsbanjul(m): 9:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
End time request and agitation.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by Pinocchioo(f): 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
vargasvictory:
You want to be equal yet you expect us to make the Ist move undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us to foot the bills of you & your friends undecided

You want to be equal yet you expect us to carry all the family's problems on our head undecided

All ye feminists had better waken up from ya fairy tales

Ps: Don't quote me if you're one, unless you want to fall and die for no reason this afternoon grin

lol, bros u wicked o
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by deprelude(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
[left][/left]
HaneefahRN:
HaneefahRN:
HaneefahRN:
Receive sense!
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by ojuu4u(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Favolly post=46691748]There are people who disagree with the term "gender equality" and then go on to present their reasons in an intelligent way, but this one is just so shallow.

Why is gender in Nigeria always discussed within the context of marriage? Is that all there is to life?

“Relationships today are ending because women want to be men...”

Auntie, you're really one to talk about broken relationships. Were you not married three times before you married the Ooni? Typical Nigerian woman! Get married, put on a cloak of self - righteousness and judge others for the same things you used to do.

Please stick to being an appendage of a custodian of culture and tradition and leave public speaking alone.

It's the people that gave her microphone I blame sef. What was her qualification to give the speech? If I ran into this lady at the airport,

if you dnt take her candid advice, u shall re-remary & re-remary & remary......
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by bigass123(m): 10:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Inferior ?? shocked shocked
Is that all you could make of this post? I'm sorry you need to go back to school. I'm very serious here.
When God created Adam and then created eve to complement Adam and commanded her to submit to her husband.. You think HE was stoop!d?
When you give birth to kids ... Your kids honour you as parents does that make them less of a human or inferior to you?
This is the reason women can't maintain decent homes these days... Marriages crash after a year or 2.
Most y'all engage in power tussle with your husbands.. You want control the home which is never "jurisdiction" as a woman in the home. It is not your role to lead the home.. You're to advice and support his decisions.
The reason for this anomally is not far fetched.. Most y'all are educated illiterates and lack basic home training.
Y'all are disgrace to your mothers.. If she was a feminist fighting for equality.. Y'all won't have a home to grow in and call your own. Y'all need to have a rethink.
Quote me and die of leprosy within 7days.

HaneefahRN:
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by hensben(m): 10:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
DollyParton1:

All men regardless of what or who they are.
You are not wise at all. compare likes for likes. A man rapist is superior to woman rapist, same with a man arm robber superior to woman's.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by remexy(f): 10:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
Gender equality is not feminism. It is not about LGBT. Gender equality is meant to protect ur mother, ur sister, ur daughter, ur cousin, ur friend from being taken for a ride! Its is not to scratch out gender roles! A woman should cook and take care of her family because she loves them... based on her agreement with her husband. It is about equal work/credentials means equal pay. Its to reduce using women as 'marketers' in banks and reducing trafficking . Its about a company not doing a pregnancy test on u before giving u a job. Or sacking u because u are pregnant. Its about a young girls right to choose her husband and not be married off at below 18 yrs to whoever her father chooses. Its about a woman choosing a surgery over trying for labour based on discussions with her doctor. Its about a widow not being forced into marriage with her brother -in-law, a widow not having her children taken away from her by in-laws. It a womans right to sue an abusive/violent husband. May our sisters and friends not have their rights taken from them and we have no way to legally defend or protect them. Its not to belittle men. Please google and read this bill before you talk.
Re: Women Want To Be Men, We Can’t Be Equal – Ooni Of Ife’s Wife by sweetcocoa(f): 11:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

These women cant even compete with boys . Let's discuss , do you think its fair for these women to be payed like the men ?
Definitely fair.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Madam Efunroye Tinubu Aided Abolishment Of Slave Trade In 1800s / Ex- Military Governor Of Anambra, Pleads With Igbo Parents To Reduce Bride price / Ife Chiefs Announce Ooni’s Death Formally (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.