Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,828 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Why Faith Is Bad - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Faith Is Bad (16586 Views)

Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / Faith Is A Race, Run Your Own / 5 Reasons Why Having Faith Is So Important (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Oladim001(m): 6:17pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

Maybe you didn't read the OP. The Op said, let every faith be given equal rights, treated equally, scrutinized equality, and that none shd be a sacred cow. Fine, but if he says that, how come HE made Islam the sacred cow here.
Can you please tell me how in anyway the OP made Islam a sacred cow here. I dont think the OP has even said anything relating to Islam yet. And you are here already drawing conclusions. Makes no sense to me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 6:19pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

This will pointing towards Islam, because Christians persuade you to accept the love of Christ. Not force to accept him.
You can't be forced to love, can you?
Whatever we do, we never threaten or inflict pain with the intention of subjugating you to believing what we believe. So, pls be explicit in stating your assertions. If you are making point, make it clearly, not blanketing issues hence; making all faiths look bad.
I preach the gospel, calling or beaconing on you, if you ignore me and pass by, you go, no hurt, no issues.
How has Christianity harmed anyone who disbelieve?
You are free to go your way, just leave us the faith adherers alone.
Really? If so, how come you guys disturb the living day light outta peeps with your night vigils and noise making?

And hey, never say "christianity hasn't harmed anyone who disbelieve". The blood thirstiness of the early christians still echos in the walls on time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
Can you please tell me how in anyway the OP made Islam a sacred cow here. I dont think the OP has even said anything relating to Islam yet. And you are here already drawing conclusions. Makes no sense to me.
The person you quoted obviously have a grudge against Islam!. I wonder how these peeps who preach love can't find it in their hearts to abide by it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

If you can be sincere, you will admit that Catholicism veered from the tenets of Christ and sort to suppress the true faith, thereby killing the same sheep it was meant to feed. Be it as it may, Catholics never went out killing unbelievers in the Christian faith. It killed fellow Christians.
You Just Go To Support The Fact That @seun Mentioned That "more People Have Been Killed In The Name God Than Of The Devil" Is That Meant To Sound Right To You?
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
Maybe it's comprehension that's the case here.
Go back and read it again. Or shd I help explain the op to you? Do you even known what it means to be a "sacred cow?"
Why are muslims in a separate section with a gate pass? Why are they treated differently from others? Why are they allowed to bash Christians and Christianity and go with out a ban? Why Christians get two weeks ban for responding to the same Islamic bashing.
In this forum I have been banned for saying nothing. I didn't say a word, I just used an emotion, I got a ban for two days.
Someone made a comment and I used an emotion under the comment, I got banned becos it was an Islamic post.
Why the injustice if all the faiths shd be mocked and scrutinized equally?

3 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
OH GOD, am not in the mood for this. Ignores...
Yea, move along.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
etoluw:

That is very correct but all other denominations broke off from them (Catholics) when they discovered some truth and modified it

This one no true at all . read more about the crusades
in fact so many people died in our so called holy city (Jerusalem) fighting for one god against another god.
I know you will go there. Let's not derail this thread, but let me say briefly that the Crusades was and an EFFECT, which had a CAUSE.
Please what CAUSED the Crusades?
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Oladim001(m): 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

Maybe it's comprehension that's the case here.
Go back and read it again. Or shd I help explain the op to you? Do you even known what it means to be a "sacred cow?"
Why are muslims in a separate section with a gate pass? Why are they treated differently from others? Why are they allowed to bash Christians and Christianity and go with out a ban? Why Christians get two weeks ban for responding to the same Islamic bashing.
In this forum I have been banned for saying nothing. I didn't say a word, I just used an emotion, I got a ban for two days.
Someone made a comment and I used an emotion under the comment, I got banned becos it was an Islamic post.
Why the injustice if all the faiths shd be mocked and scrutinized equally?
Hello the guy that said you have a grudge with muslims is apparently saying the truth after all. You can as well say the mods in the religion section are muslims. And your complaints i think you are complaining to the wrong person you can always communicate with an admin of NL and state your complaints, your business. And the report button isn't malfunctioning is it, you can always report anyone who abuses you or your religion. Na u know.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:31pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

Maybe you didn't read the OP. The Op said, let every faith be given equal rights, treated equally, scrutinized equality, and that none shd be a sacred cow. Fine, but if he says that, how come HE made Islam the sacred cow here.
Please Quote Or Mark Out Where The Op Made Islam A Sacred Cow. Please We All Read The Same Thing, Dont Try To Potray Anything Or Confuse Anybody. Correct Me If I'm Wrong.

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by MrDojo(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, having faith in something is not a bad thing and will never be a bad thing... I believe its what you channel your faith towards ( either good or bad )..... If the humans race relied on facts from day one we won't be where we are today in this century.....

Seun:
One if the issues with religion is that it promotes the idea of believing something not because you have been convinced by rational arguments and objective evidence that it is true, but because you want to believe it and choose to believe it.

When beliefs are based on reason and evidence, they are very likely to be true or at least close to the truth. When they are not, they are very likely to be false and far from the truth. False beliefs cause people to make bad decisions which lead to worse outcomes for them and for society.

When most people in society base their beliefs on objective evidence and reason, their beliefs tend to converge towards a single consistent view of reality. This enables them to cooperate massively and achieve great things for all to enjoy e.g. in science. In faith based societies and institutions, differences of opinion are hard to resolve, because people dogmatically hold on to their beliefs, leading to chronic conflicts that often erupt into violence.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

Always afraid of wars, that's why these people take you for fools. You see what is wrong, you can't say it, because you are scared of being killed. For crying out loud, how many times does someone dies? Only once, only once...
The truth will be spoken, bring out your knives.
Please I Want To Believe That You Reason Maturely And Not Aggresively, Back To Your Quote; Well I Am Christian I Dont See Any Other Religion Taking Christians For Fools, We Only Live Once, Right, But The Bible Preaches A Lot About Endurance. So Please Dont Mistake Endurance And Giving Second Chances As Being Foolish. And EVERYONE IS SCARED OF DEATH, Either You Are Ready Or Not, Some Are Just More Ready.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
bolt000:
You Just Go To Support The Fact That @seun Mentioned That "more People Have Been Killed In The Name God Than Of The Devil" Is That Meant To Sound Right To You?
So in essence, you are saying it's better to go with the devil, becos less people were killed in his name.
I like it when people advocate for Satan. In all of those killings we are here about to talk about, is Satan standing behind.
Like I said to some one CAUSE & EFFECT.
No one was killed by the Israelites in the Bile (I know you will drag me over there) who didn't deserve it. And the Judgement was never swift. A long rope is usually given, but even like us today, we take it for granted that there are consequences for actions.
And, Atheists leaders across the globe has killed much more people than any religion has ever done, Christianity and Islam put together.
Cc. KingEbukasBlog.
Winner01
Please get in here and help me give this guy facts and figures about the people atheists leaders have killed and are still killing even today around the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Oladim001(m): 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
And @analice, i think you just disobeyed rule 20 of nairaland rules and you risk being banned so you see you complain of getting banned and yet you commit offences.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
Hello the guy that said you have a grudge with muslims is apparently saying the truth after all. You can as well say the mods in the religion section are muslims. And your complaints i think you are complaining to the wrong person you can always communicate with an admin of NL and state your complaints, your business. And the report button isn't malfunctioning is it, you can always report anyone who abuses you or your religion. Na u know.
Probably It Was A Mod She Quoted And The Mod Felt Insulted. You Dont Just Go Around Using Poo Emoticons Up And Down.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Really? If so, how come you guys disturb the living day light outta peeps with your night vigils and noise making?

And hey, never say "christianity hasn't harmed anyone who disbelieve". The blood thirstiness of the early christians still echos in the walls on time.
HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
How come you have never mentioned the Loud speakers in the Mosques? How it's just Christians who make noise, my church doesn't position speakers outside of the church? Okay, the noise from the loud speakers in the Mosques continuously, don't bother, it's the occasional night vigils that's a pain in you neck.
And what are those killings? And what instigated them? If you mention the Crusades, be ready to tell us what stirred up the Crusades.

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

So in essence, you are saying it's better to go with the devil, becos less people were killed in his name.
I like it when people advocate for Satan. In all of those killings we are here about to talk about, is Satan standing behind.
Like I said to some one CAUSE & EFFECT.
No one was killed by the Israelites in the Bile (I know you will drag me over there) who didn't deserve it. And the Judgement was never swift. A long rope is usually given, but even like us today, we take it for granted that there are consequences for actions.
And, Atheists leaders across the globe has killed much more people than any religion has ever done, Christianity and Islam put together.
Cc. KingEbukasBlog.
Winner01
Please get in here and help me give this guy facts and figures about the people atheists leaders have killed and are still killing even today around the world.
Please Please And Please I Am Not Advocating For The Devil, I Am Just Stating The Fact That
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Omooba77: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Fynestboi:

Prove it wrong not with the above. undecided undecided

Matthew 17:14-22.My brother you cant prove to me there no God,I was an athiest in my early days in the University before God deliver me from lies of metal physicians.Im on a journey sir later in the day
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by Oladim001(m): 6:53pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
How come you have never mentioned the Loud speakers in the Mosques? How it's just Christians who make noise, my church doesn't position speakers outside of the church? Okay, the noise from the loud speakers in the Mosques continuously, don't bother, it's the occasional night vigils that's a pain in you neck.
And what are those killings? And what instigated them? If you mention the Crusades, be ready to tell us what stirred up the Crusades.
Answer my questions please.. And whats wrong with you. Am compelled to say something is really wrong with you. Na only muslims be the only religion ni. Can't you reason for once.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
@analice - I Am Just Stating The Fact That Tho People Tend To Find The Devil As Evil And Always Wrong Most People Have Died In The Name Of God Than That Of The Devil. So Summing Up To Say That Christianity Is An Aggresive And A Violent Religion Is Not Completely Wrong. Tho Most Of The Time I Support Atheism, I See No Reason Why You Should Mix Atheism And Advocating For The Devil To Be The Same Thing. They Are Two Entirely Diffrent Things, And Choose To Disagree With Your Statistics Of You Saying Atheist Leaders Worldwide Have Killed More Than... You Know The Rest(my Fingers Hurt Already)
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

Cc. KingEbukasBlog.
Winner01
Thanks dear.
bolt000, you may need to check out this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic
it will give you more info on atheism and terrorism.

In the past 100 years alone, atheistic leaders and their governments under the banner of atheistic communism have caused the death of somewhere between 158,368,610 to 259,432,000 human lives. The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. This means that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 6:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
Please Stop Trying To Narrow It Down Between Muslims And Christians You Might Not Like The End Result Once The GOONS Come In. I Repeat Islam And Chritianity Are Not The Only Religion. Please Broaden Your Facts Next Time.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

HahahahahahahahaHHHa.
Do the mosque do night vigils and disturb peoples sleep? Tell me, how many times do the mosque even make use of their loud speakers, and for how long?

Well that's your church, and which church do you even attend? And yea, indeed, I'm not only mentioning the crusades, and I'm mentioning the persecution, the hunting and burning of 'witches' etc.

You want to know what spurred them, I believe the eradication of the christian dogmatic belief is reason enough. The Maleus Malleficarum is a perfect example. Not to forget what those fools who called themselves Inquisitors did, all in the name of preservation of the faith.

1 Like

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
bolt000:
Please I Want To Believe That You Reason Maturely And Not Aggresively, Back To Your Quote; Well I Am Christian I Dont See Any Other Religion Taking Christians For Fools, We Only Live Once, Right, But The Bible Preaches A Lot About Endurance. So Please Dont Mistake Endurance And Giving Second Chances As Being Foolish. And EVERYONE IS SCARED OF DEATH, Either You Are Ready Or Not, Some Are Just More Ready.
When you speak the truth in the face of political correctness (Which is what you are doing right now) you are termed aggressive. And Yes, the truth is always aggressive.
Do you remember Apostle Paul rebuking Apostle Peter in Ephesus (I think)? Do you remember what made a much more younger Paul both in age and in Faith, rebuke a much more senior Peter? Peter was fearful, sees the truth but tries to be diplomatic, tries to rationalize it, Paul stood before him and told him off, call him aggressive you like.
Sir, be the Christian that you can be, hide under False Wisdom and diplomacy, but all of us won't be the same. A Spade is called a Spade, not a gardening tool.

You are afraid to die, hence you won't speak the truth? I see. Here is what the Bible says about those who love their lives to the detriment of the gospel;

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.
John:12:25

2 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by joseph1832(m): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
winner01:
Thanks dear.
bolt000, you may need to check out this thread; https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

In the past 100 years alone, atheistic leaders and their governments under the banner of atheistic communism have caused the death of somewhere between 158,368,610 to 259,432,000 human lives. The historical record of collective atheism is thus 182,716 times worse on an annual basis than Christianity’s worst and most infamous misdeed, the Spanish Inquisition. This means that the average atheist crime against humanity is 18.3 million percent worse than the very worst depredation committed by Christians, even though atheists have had less than one-twentieth the number of opportunities with which to commit them.
Oh its you again! Considering how I made nonsense of these nonsense claims of yours, I'd have thought you'd have rested your head.

3 Likes

Re: Why Faith Is Bad by etoluw: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
analice107:

I know you will go there. Let's not derail this thread, but let me say briefly that the Crusades was and an EFFECT, which had a CAUSE.
Please what CAUSED the Crusades?

d first crusade was sanctioned by d pope and to be candid it was a politically motivated.
just like u said let us not divert

war starts when there is a clash of interest and stops when one or both parties realises it is no longer wise to continue
but when it has a religious undertone it has no END. Either you win or die trying e.g suicide bombers
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by bolt000(m): 7:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
winner01:
Thanks dear.

Your Quote Is An Eye Opener, Tho He/ She Got Me Wrong Thinking Being An Advocate For The Devil Is The Same As Being An Atheist. Thank You.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
bolt000:
Please Quote Or Mark Out Where The Op Made Islam A Sacred Cow. Please We All Read The Same Thing, Dont Try To Potray Anything Or Confuse Anybody. Correct Me If I'm Wrong.
He build a wall and put them inside, put restrictions, yet allow them to roam around freely everywhere they so desired. They say whatever they wish, when we say the same things, we get banned.
And Hey!!! Keep off my mention.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 7:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
joseph1832:
Oh its you again! Considering how I made nonsense of these nonsense claims of yours, I'd have thought you'd have rested your head.
Anyone who reads this will think you have ever made or will ever make sense undecided, People can go to the link i posted and see how you made nonsense.
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by analice107: 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Oladim001:
Gerrahere
Re: Why Faith Is Bad by winner01(m): 7:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
bolt000:
Your Quote Is An Eye Opener, Tho He/ She Got Me Wrong Thinking Being An Advocate For The Devil Is The Same As Being An Atheist. Thank You.
You can go to the link for more info. Bless you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Best Friend Is Crazy About TB Joshua, Advise Please / What Is The Difference Between Soul Winning And Evangelism? / Usher Embarrasses Comedienne Princess In Poju Oyemade's Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.