Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Need Advice About SEO - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I Need Advice About SEO (473 Views)

7 Truths About SEO That You Wont Be Told Anywhere Else / No Magic About Seo. Say For Or Against Here / Weird Myths About SEO . Bloggers,website Owners Should Probably Ignore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice About SEO by haryomikun(m): 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2016
Good days guys. I want to ask some questions as I am trying to develop my blog's seo. I am on the education niche

1. Does Domain authority affect ranking?

2. If a site has 200 back links from a high PR do follow site and another has 50 backlinks from the same site, which will rank higher?

3. How does getting backlinks from a site unrelated to your niche help?

4. Does it make sense getting 50 backlinks from 50 different sites or 50 backlinks from 25 different sites with 2 links each on the 25 sites

Thanks for your replies in advance
Re: I Need Advice About SEO by werthy(m): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
1-Wdf...you may need to readmore on how authority affects ranking

2..not so much difference..but the most important will be page authority

3...seldom help this days..it use to be before.besides you have to carry out your own test to determine if it works...last it works for me when using it with tire 2-3

Yea..it does make a lot of sense to get it from different domains
Re: I Need Advice About SEO by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
you may want to build backlinks from other sites in your niche. Also, if you can liaise with some of your friends to link back to your blog in their posts then that could do you a world of good. I got paid $50 for a link from one big player in my niche but they are no fools to pay that much, but if you can get it for free it is cool.

also, blog comments - have a plan and stick to it. 10 comments on other sites in your niche for consistently for six months will do wonders.
don't forget social shares - facebook, twitter

google plus - to play with that, make sure all your blog post find their way there.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice About SEO by haryomikun(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
werthy:
1-Wdf...you may need to readmore on how authority affects ranking

2..not so much difference..but the most important will be page authority

3...seldom help this days..it use to be before.besides you have to carry out your own test to determine if it works...last it works for me when using it with tire 2-3

Yea..it does make a lot of sense to get it from different domains
Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate your response
Re: I Need Advice About SEO by haryomikun(m): 10:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
radiokilla:
you may want to build backlinks from other sites in your niche. Also, if you can liaise with some of your friends to link back to your blog in their posts then that could do you a world of good. I got paid $50 for a link from one big player in my niche but they are no fools to pay that much, but if you can get it for free it is cool.

also, blog comments - have a plan and stick to it. 10 comments on other sites in your niche for consistently for six months will do wonders.
don't forget social shares - facebook, twitter

google plus - to play with that, make sure all your blog post find their way there.
Yes oo. I Don get plan for backlinks for the coming months.

Already outlined my goals. Thanks for the response

What's your URL BTW

(1) (Reply)

Who Knows Any Ftp Site I Can Use To Upload File Of More Than 10mb / Reviewers Urgently Needed For A New Forum / Konga New Affiliate Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.