Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,713 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life (6795 Views)

11 Lies You’ve Been Told About Sex / “If You Wear A Pant Throughout The Day, You’ve Got Problems” - Twitter Lady / 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong Your Entire Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by simtosul: 4:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
Everyone waxes nostalgic when they
remember their childhoods. If you had
a bad childhood, don’t worry I’m about
to ruin the ones of those that had good
ones.
Growing up in Naija, we had some
songs we’ve been singing since we
were toddlers. We learnt these songs
and joined the multitude that has
been singing it wrong for ages.
Here are some songs that many
Nigerians have been singing wrong
since they were kids:

1. Sandalili Sandalili
Every primary school child from the
90’s knows this song. We sang it and
we were proud. But did you know
we’ve been singing it all wrong
since time immemorial?
The correct thing is Standard living,
standard living.
I wonder how we made the jump
from standard living to sandalili.

2. The most excellency is Jesus
This is another song many Christians
sing. I bet you will hear this when
you go to church on Sunday. The
correct wording is:
The most excellent king is Jesus.
Don’t worry, it is okay to cry.

3. Jangilova epo motor
This was another favourite of us
when it comes to playing games. I
wonder where we got Jangilova
when it is:
Jingle over like a motor

4. Osingo Osingo, Praise the Lord
This song is actually “O sing my soul,
praise the Lord”. But as Nigerians,
we have invented our own version
lol.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
lol..i'm guilty of all...especially number 4...till today i sing it like dat...juhan comma say ur own oo...

4 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
9ja kids back then be like "Ot your mass, set your pillow, sleep!!!!"

(On your marks, get ready, go)

3 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Mediapace: 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
YouU caught me OP,AM guilty,check these out :
This is super storey,a life of wife and zoro,this is super story ,of good food and our sin, a life of precious toe and gooood race,this is super story

This is super story,a life, of strife and sorrow,this is super story ,of good food and housing, a life of precious stones and gooood taste,this is super story

2.Halluday is coming no more mummy bells, no more call tisha pet gud bye tisha gud bye skolars i'm going to spend a jolloff holiday

correct=Holiday is coming no more morning bells, no more call teacher pet gud bye teacher gud bye scholars i'm going to spend a jolly holiday

6 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
lol..i'm guilty of all...especially number 4...till today i sing it like dat...juhan comma say ur own oo...
heheh me too. Im guilty of all. So na wetin i dey sing sef for that no 4. I thought it was another language.

1 Like

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by vizkiz: 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
H I phy.
For da e..
For da e popo...
P oh, p oh
For da e popo
And T M u M
For da e popo-ta-mus
Hippopotamus

Mehn, I sang rubbish even while in Jss classes grin

7 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by DRISKLEF(m): 5:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
Waiting to see some folks start forming Team - not born in nigeria. gringringrin
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
heheh me too. Im guilty of all. So na wetin i dey sing sef for that no 4. I thought it was another language.
lol..na so shey you remember..wherever you go gogogongo...wherever you see sisi epo..do not say yes when you need to say no baba ibadan!!!....abeg dats how i meet am oo...i love dat song mehnn...i rep SMA college

1 Like

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Lol.....gringringrin

1. Sandalili Sandalili
Every primary school child from the
90’s knows this song. We sang it and
we were proud. But did you know
we’ve been singing it all wrong
since time immemorial?
The correct thing is Standard living,
standard living.
I wonder how we made the jump
from standard living to sandalili.

gringrin

3 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
No o. I don't believit

I prefer singing it like that: Sandalili Sandalili grin

4 Likes

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
lol..na so shey you remember..wherever you go gogogongo...wherever you see sisi eko..do not say yes when you need to say no baba ibadan!!!....abeg dats how i meet am oo...i love dat song mehnn...i rep SMA college
heheh so you know that song. Me na FGC.
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 5:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
lol...wow...why i no go know....e dey sweet for body joorrr...you remember..tinkotinko tinkoko tin ko..shey?
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
lol...wow...why i no go know....e dey sweet for body joorrr...you remember..tinkotinko tinkoko tin ko..shey?
disalaba alaba. Lol. You sabi
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
vizkiz:
H I phy.
For da e..
For da e popo...
P oh, p oh
For da e popo
And T M u M
For da e popo-ta-mus
Hippopotamus

Mehn, I sang rubbish even while in Jss classes grin

as if you're not still singing rubbish
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by vizkiz: 5:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
as if you're not still singing rubbish

I hope you are not mistaking me for the guy that sang

"such a diva" grin
Cc: Mediapace
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by naijamakossa(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
LOL,,how far

I miss u paa
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
shocked since all diz days
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
disalaba alaba. Lol. You sabi
lol...like my twinny
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijamakossa:
LOL,,how far
I miss u paa
lol..missed you too...you miss me wey be ka kai
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by naijamakossa(m): 5:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
kom kom milk ala lelu eyaa eyaa oooo
only few will no this one,,,,,

1 Like

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by naijamakossa(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
lol..missed you too...you miss me wey be ka kai
so wats going on here

tomorrow is fathers day how far?

although I am searching for who to pregnant to become a father.
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 6:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijamakossa:
so wats going on here

tomorrow is fathers day how far?

although I am searching for who to pregnant to become a father.
chaiiii...who you won give belle?
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by naijamakossa(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
makydebbie:
chaiiii...who you won give belle?
choi I tot there is vacancy in ur place,,,,
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by makydebbie(f): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
naijamakossa:
choi I tot there is vacancy in ur place,,,,
you have to pay my price na!..you won turn me to single mother nii?
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
Fgc rumokoro?? Wch set did u pass out.
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2016
mhiz:

Fgc rumokoro?? Wch set did u pass out.
eh ehn. Now you want to know. Shey you havent replied me.
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Mediapace: 7:01pm On Jun 18, 2016
Leave that Juha.n o,she's still a baby.
She may not even get those poems right till now,i heard she is 10 yrs old cheesy
vizkiz:

I hope you are not mistaking me for the guy that sang

"such a diva" grin
Cc: Mediapace

Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
eh ehn. Now you want to know. Shey you havent replied me.

Shebi I told u my mail was giving me problems. I even put my fb username n one of my dairy posts in.

No vex, ejo
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
mhiz:

Shebi I told u my mail was giving me problems. I even put my fb username n one of my dairy posts in.

No vex, ejo
okay. Im not still telling you sha tongue
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Mediapace:
Leave that Juha.n o,she's still a baby.
She may not even get those poems right till now,i heard she is 10 yrs old cheesy
eleven
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Mediapace: 7:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thank God she didn't lie this time around,10&11 wetin be the difference ? Let's just say 10
juhan:
eleven
Re: Just For Fun: 4 Nigerian Songs You’ve Been Singing Wrong All Your Life by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
juhan:
okay. Im not still telling you sha tongue

See shakara, I attended fggc. But I had lots of friends in fgc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Had Sex With 60 Girls Within A Week / Go Into Your Room And Lock Your Door Before Watching This Very Hot Video / 5 Ways To Prevent Pregnancy Without Using Condom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.