Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,641 members, 7,801,868 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) (14035 Views)

My Boyfriend Prefers Talking To His Female Best Friend More / How Do Slim Women Carry Babies / My Boyfriend Prefers Me Calling Him CUSTOMER During $EX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=46696899][/quote]

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 6:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=46696899][/quote] come

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
larabae13:
bae I'll really advice you to love yourself, cos ur bf isn't worthy of u at all u shld be proud of ur curves nd lushness itz nuffin to be ashamed of....some guyz really love girls dat are lush.....u dnt av to please anybody be ursef nd dnt let anyone bring down ur self esteem....buh incase u still need to lose weight,u can squeeze lotta limes into a bottled water nd drink it early in the morning b4 u eat....it really helps. Even sam smith can testify
Thank you very much. Its not about losing weight for my boyfriend but for myself. I know there are men who like women like me. Fat or slim that was not really an issue for me but I am not looking for a man. I just want to be myself again and do things I like and try not to let people get to me too much. I guess am kinda soft at heart so I take things deep.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Qualer: 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2016

1 Like

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by larabae13(f): 6:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
depressedgurl:
Thank you very much. Its not about losing weight for my boyfriend but for myself. I know there are men who like women like me. Fat or slim that was not really an issue for me but I am not looking for a man. I just want to be myself again and do things I like and try not to let people get to me too much. I guess am kinda soft at heart so I take things deep.
ok oo buh take things easy...try d things I told u do nd holla at me if it works. wink
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

Now this is where the logic of your story is flawed. The idea of speaking to a professional doesn't sit well with you because you already know & they don't care. So what's the point of this thread? How many here genuinely care?

I think if you're seriously mentally ill & not just attention seeking, you should seek a doctor. Depression is nothing to take lightly
The reason it doesn't sir well with me is firstly in real life I am not the type of person to speak in front of someone about my feelings etc. I am quiet reserved too so it would not work out with speaking to a professional. Secondly I know why am depressed. Usually you would seek a professional to talk to find the under root cause of depression. Thirdly a psychiatrist is very expensive and this thread is free.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
larabae13:
ok oo buh take things easy...try d things I told u do nd holla at me if it works. wink
I will definitely do that. Thanks for the kind words smiley
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by larabae13(f): 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
depressedgurl:
I will definitely do that. Thanks for the kind words smiley
u're welcome kiss
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by joseph1832(m): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2016
Estharfabian:
I forgot to Add ''perverse"...undecided

undecided
A perverse nerve, you mean?
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=Qualer post=46697378][/quote] you can give that to your entire generation and yet to come generation bastard son of a thousand father. If you quote me again, may amadioha in conjunction with sango and obatala strike your whole generation dead oloriburuku somebody. Initially, did I mention you? Why can't u mind your fucking biz? Quote again idiot
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Ajewealth123(m): 6:58pm On Jun 18, 2016
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Qualer: 7:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ajewealth123:
you can give that to your entire generation and yet to come generation bastard son of a thousand father. If you quote me again, may amadioha in conjunction with sango and obatala strike your whole generation dead oloriburuku somebody. Initially, did I mention you? Why can't u mind your fucking biz? Quote again idiot

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Proudlesbiangal(f): 7:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Where the pics at tongue
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2016
depressedgurl:

The reason it doesn't sir well with me is firstly in real life I am not the type of person to speak in front of someone about my feelings etc. I am quiet reserved too so it would not work out with speaking to a professional. Secondly I know why am depressed. Usually you would seek a professional to talk to find the under root cause of depression. Thirdly a psychiatrist is very expensive and this thread is free.

No, psychiatrists aren't hypnotists, so most people usually have an idea of what their issues are (they may not know what it's called but that's what the doctor is for, to put a label on the symptoms). I agree that they're expensive so why not go to at least one or two appointments just to get a formal diagnosis & a subscription for your medication? Because once you know your dosage, maybe your illness will be much easier to handle. That way you'll be making healing from the inside out. Your binge eating or whatever is the cause of your so called weight gain, will not stop until you've taken care of what needs to be taken care of.

Don't they provide free mental health care where you live? Or go to support groups, you don't pay a dime for those.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 10:46pm On Jun 18, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

No, psychiatrists aren't hypnotists, so most people usually have an idea of what their issues are (they may not know what it's called but that's what the doctor is for, to put a label on the symptoms). I agree that they're expensive so why not go to at least one or two appointments just to get a formal diagnosis & a subscription for your medication? Because once you know your dosage, maybe your illness will be much easier to handle. That way you'll be making healing from the inside out. Your binge eating or whatever is the cause of your so called weight gain, will not stop until you've taken care of what needs to be taken care of.

Don't they provide free mental health care where you live? Or go to support groups, you don't pay a dime for those.

Who said pyschiatrists are hypnotist? undecided anyways thanks but am seeking other options more suitable for me.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by qoura123(m): 11:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
depressedgurl:
Hi all.
I don't even know where to start from. I have been suffering from depression since my teen years and its been off and on. Sometimes it gets better and sometimes it gets worse and this has also been the reason for my weight fluctuation as I am an emotional eater.

So this is the fattest I have been and I feel so ugly and don't really want to go anywhere anymore because people always make comments about my weight and this makes me feel very bad. A person knows when they haive gained weight and when they are fat. People don't need to keep rubbing it on their faces.

Anyways my boyfriend loves really slim women. He does not like a women fat. When am with him and he thinks am not watching I see how he looks at other slim women. All his ex gf have been slim and were ever slimmer than I was when we first met. I just feel so unloved and don't feel much support. I am trying to lose weight even if it means the quick way like pills etc as am tired of feeling this way.

I tend to gain weight more on the down part my butt, hips and thighs and then my top. I would really appreciate if anyone could recommend something they have used that really worked?

P.s please don't bash me or insult me. It took a lot to post these pics and I know I am fat so that is not the issue.
different strokes for different folkes
I like fat ladies any day anytime
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by yorex2011: 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
I think i might be able to help..

Might...

But then again.. no one will trust or believe a complete stranger, so all i can do is to wish you well..

Just be weary of doing things that are advised here most especially things that tamper with you health,

#PsychologyOfThings
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by BrideOfDracula(f): 7:06am On Jun 19, 2016
depressedgurl:

Who said pyschiatrists are hypnotist? undecided anyways thanks but am seeking other options more suitable for me.

You said people go to psychiatrists, usually when they want to know the source of their depression & I'm disagreeing with you. That's either a hypnotist or maybe even a psychic grin See, not everyone is clueless about these things hence your story is...meh.

Whatever rocks your boat. Because like the "doc", I also don't care.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by V0lv0(f): 9:34am On Jun 19, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

You said people go to psychiatrists, usually when they want to know the source of their depression & I'm disagreeing with you. That's either a hypnotist or maybe even a psychic grin See, not everyone is clueless about these things hence your story is...meh.

I couldn't help but respond to this. Psychiatrist do help people to know their source of depression and thereafter will come up with the most suitable treatment. Secondly a hypnotist is is usually used for people who for example have a suppressed memory and they help you remember or if you have a bad habit that you want to get rid of something along those lines and a psychic is similar. So it would be utterly pointless for her to go to such people when she knows why she is depressed. It seems the only clueless one is you.

Leave the gal alone if you don't care and try and at least research what you are saying before you come across dumber than you are.

14 Likes

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Debbywills(f): 9:56am On Jun 19, 2016
The real question you should ask yourself is "Do I really want to be slim, or am just trying to impress my Boyfriend and the public"?
Seriously, this is the highest level of Inferiority complex.
You wanna get slimmer for a guy that might wake up one morning and tell you its over, and you'll get to meet another guy who will love you bold and thick, then you'll run around again, looking for pills to build up your body?

There's no need to be depressed, there are some persons that love you just the way you are.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 10:07am On Jun 19, 2016
Debbywills:
The real question you should ask yourself is "Do I really want to be slim, or am just trying to impress my Boyfriend and the public"?
Seriously, this is the highest level of Inferiority complex.
You wanna get slimmer for a guy that might wake up one morning and tell you its over, and you'll get to meet another guy who will love you bold and thick, then you'll run around again, looking for pills to build up your body?

There's no need to be depressed, there are some persons that love you just the way you are.
Thanks for your response. Like I said earlier that I have been depressed since I was young and I have been having weight issues as well so this is not just because of my bf. I also stated that I want to lose weight for myself mostly and not just for my boyfriend. We have dated for 6 years and planning to get married so I know he loves me and that's not the point. I just wish he was more supportive with my whole weight issue is just one of the reason I am depressed and not the only reason. Its easy for you tosay there is no reason yp be depressed because you are not in my position nor know how I feel or am going through.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Debbywills(f): 10:19am On Jun 19, 2016
depressedgurl:

Thanks for your response. Like I said earlier that I have been depressed since I was young and I have been having weight issues as well so this is not just because of my bf. I also stated that I want to lose weight for myself mostly and not just for my boyfriend. We have dated for 6 years and planning to get married so I know he loves me and that's not the point. I just wish he was more supportive with my whole weight issue is just one of the reason I am depressed and not the only reason. Its easy for you tosay there is no reason yp be depressed because you are not in my position nor know how I feel or am going through.

I don't need to be in your shoes before I understand you. I know its sickening but with time you'll trim down, always involve yourself in menial exercises, like jogging, Tummy bending, and so on. I think you should also watch our diet, you'll be able to have the shape you want.
Gracious Sunday!
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by BrideOfDracula(f): 10:31am On Jun 19, 2016
V0lv0:

I couldn't help but respond to this. Psychiatrist do help people to know their source of depression and thereafter will come up with the most suitable treatment. Secondly a hypnotist is is usually used for people who for example have a suppressed memory and they help you remember or if you have a bad habit that you want to get rid of something along those lines and a psychic is similar. So it would be utterly pointless for her to go to such people when she knows why she is depressed. It seems the only clueless one is you.

Leave the gal alone if you don't care and try and at least research what you are saying before you come across dumber than you are.

No, the clueless & dùmb one here is actually you. Do you know just how many types of depressions there are? NINE! And do you also know that depression can also be one of the symptoms of the other major mental illnesses? So just saying she's depressed without actually being evaluated is more danger to her in the long term. Because "the source" of her depression may have been A
TRIGGER to what has always been lying underneath the surface all along. I wouldn't be surprised if she started getting depressed in her late teens to early adulthood because that's when the 1st onset or signs begin to show & progress. Hence I advised her to get a formal diagnosis from a professional, as to not self-diagnose or misdiagnose herself, since her depression seems persistent.

Psychiatrists cannot know the source of someone's depression. They may ask questions just to know under which of the major psychiatric disorders to formally diagnose a patient with, with the assistance of a diagnostic manual (the DSM 5). Now a psychologist may fair better in unlocking some of the mysteries during psychotherary aka couch sessions. Seems you're mistaking one for the other. To my understanding, most
people go to psychologists after having a run-through with a psychiatrist, who makes the diagnosis because some illnesses are not managed by medication alone, they require psychotherapy & other forms of therapy.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by Vixkyydera(f): 10:39am On Jun 19, 2016
I though depressed girls are mostly slim cheesy
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by ProudEdoMan(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2016
@ Volvo as a clinical psychologist you are spot on. A lot of people are clueless when it comes to such things especially in africa. A lot would most likely conclude its a spiritual problem rather than a health issue.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by ProudEdoMan(m): 10:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Vixkyydera:
I though depressed girls are mostly slim cheesy
People deal with stress and depression differently.Some people lose weight while others gain weight, being an emotional eater as she claimed explains the weight gain.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by V0lv0(f): 11:24am On Jun 19, 2016
@ BrideofDracula as a medical doctor and one who has dealt with psychologist and psychiatrist I actually do know what I am talking about and I will rather base my opinion and knowledge from my experiences.

They do try and find out the underlying causes that's why they have sessions to enable them to determine the appropriate solution as you correctly mentioned medication is not only used to treat depression.

She mentioned earlier that's she knows why she is depressed and this has been going on since childhood. She also mentioned that's she seeked medical help from a Dr who prescribed her with medication. Generally for those who do not feel seeking counseling will be beneficial to them. They go on medication and try different drugs and if that still fails then counselling will be suggested as an alternative. Its actually always better to first see a Dr as depression can be a symptom of other diseases such as hyperthyroidism which causes weight gain and depression. @ op have you checked your thyroid? If not I suggest that you do.

Anyways I am not going to debate with you further on this. We can merely agree to disagree on this case smiley
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by BrideOfDracula(f): 11:42am On Jun 19, 2016
V0lv0:
@ BrideofDracula as a medical doctor and one who has dealt with psychologist and psychiatrist I actually do know what I am talking about and I will rather base my opinion and knowledge from my experiences.

They do try and find out the underlying causes that's why they have sessions to enable them to determine the appropriate solution as you correctly mentioned medication is not only used to treat depression.

She mentioned earlier that's she knows why she is depressed and this has been going on since childhood. She also mentioned that's she seeked medical help from a Dr who prescribed her with medication. Generally for those who do not feel seeking counseling will be beneficial to them. They go on medication and try different drugs and if that still fails then counselling will be suggested as an alternative. Its actually always better to first see a Dr as depression can be a symptom of other diseases such as hyperthyroidism which causes weight gain and depression. @ op have you checked your thyroid? If not I suggest that you do.

Anyways I am not going to debate with you further on this. We can merely agree to disagree in this case smiley

Who is "they", psychiatrists or psychologists? And what are you disagreeing on because in the post above you also admit that depression can be a symptom, rather than an illness on its own.

I may not be a medical doctor but I know my knives from my forks, with a bit of personal experience of my own. So you being a doctor doesn't mean you're a good one or that your opinion holds more water by virtue of being one, unless you've studied psychology. Even then that's still not enough because as they say always say in the medical field, seek a 2nd opinion.1 doctor's opinion is simply not enough cheesy Shows the amount of confidence y'all have on each other's competency tongue

Anyway, moving on.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by youngdanee(m): 11:44am On Jun 19, 2016
sigh
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 11:51am On Jun 19, 2016
BrideOfDracula:

hypnotist or psychic undecided I think we are both on different pages but to be honest just like you don't care I also don't care about your opinion. I am doing what I feel is best for myself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by BrideOfDracula(f): 11:52am On Jun 19, 2016
depressedgurl:
hypnotist or psychic undecided I think we are both on different pages but to be honest just like you don't care I also don't care about your opinion. I am doing what I feel is best for myself.

Good.
Re: Boyfriend Prefers Slim Women And I Am Fat(pics) by depressedgurl: 11:52am On Jun 19, 2016
Debbywills:

I don't need to be in your shoes before I understand you. I know its sickening but with time you'll trim down, always involve yourself in menial exercises, like jogging, Tummy bending, and so on. I think you should also watch our diet, you'll be able to have the shape you want.
Gracious Sunday!
Thank you dear will do so. Have a great Sunday to you too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Signs of true Love (does he really love me?) / Can You Share Your Partner? / Girls Caught Pants Down Inside The Bush Fingering Their Female Teacher (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.