Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,990 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (58474 Views)

Desmond Elliot And Uche Jombo's Throwback Photo / Uche Jombo And Her Son At Vegas Poolside Birthday Party [PICS] / Baba Dee Lends Support To Olori Wuraola's Over Her Speech On Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by ALAYORMII: 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2016
They will be forming gangster online but kneel down and beg their husband inside the house for money for upkeep.

They claim gender equality when it suits them but switch when it doesn't.

Who dem epp

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Antoeni(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
Even after the Bible have settle it all dis Mumu feminist will want to claim equality with men,Uche pls I respect u so much,don't forget u re an African woman! Wake up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Bantino(m): 6:21pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Which of the Gods

The Almighty God.

Or are you one of those who believe that the sun, moon, stars, earth etc even human beings just came to be by chance?

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 18, 2016
Subservience I do not support, but equality with a primus inter pares (relationship-wise) exclusively reserved for a man, I support.

However, in any other spheres of life, I'd say the best/most informed and prepared should assume a primus inter pares irrespective of gender. ... demand of subservience from a leader to his equals is what I don't propagate/support no matter the realm.
Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by JustHere2Observ(f): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
This feminist ideas are contradicting. To me feminism is the right of a woman to choose who she wants to be and how she wants the society to perceive her.
If you want to be a prostitute, fine...its your choice
If you want to be career woman, great, if you want to be a house wife, your choice.
It just means a woman does not have to be what the society expects her to be, to me, its just being true to yourself.
That's my own two kobo. But another woman enforcing her view and perception on another woman is not feminism but what the society is already doing.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Pyroxene: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
This talk is anti christ talk........ God has made man the head. No need arguing, woman is also extremely important, se is a help which is a vital position. Must people dat talk about equality are just been unfair in all truth. A man that makes a woman feel inferior is not a real man. A woman is very essential BUT I choose to follow my bible which says man is the head of the family and the family is a microcosm of the entire society/world.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:

dats not wat am saying. but this idea they are selling is destroying young minds.

men and women are not equal.

every organisation has a hierachy and the Man shud be the top in a home.
I think you are repeating dogma without thinking it through. As your assertion is examined you will start to make all kinds of caveats and exemptions. I think for me to form an opinion that is rational and logical I should start with an open mind.

So Men and women are not equal but then you go on to talk about homes .

So are men and women equal if they do not belong to the same household?
e,g are men and women equal in school, the work place etc .
Should women be allowed to be governors,Ministers presidents? Does inequality apply there?

Let us go back to the home are brothers and sisters not equal? If they are not equal how does this inequality manifest exactly.
What really is the basis of this inequality

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by bebe2(f): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
K9blunt:

But what she typed made sense na, abi?

she don manage go marry mexican she is now the role model for our naija girls.

u need to look at ur culture and adjust accordingly , this internet era has done more evil than good.

if u marry a good man that loves u, u wont need all this equal rubbish, because no one will be treated as a sub.

i am not equal to my husand and my kids are not equal to me.

my hubby wears the crown, so wen i say to my my oga say '' NO,i cant go to that party '' i say it with pride.

he is the head.

6 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by seunt4ut(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2016
When the gender equality bill is pass, they have to include financial independent equality as well.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ezeego1(m): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
amagunnerfan:
May your husband enjoy you.
I am enjoying her already cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by TheMadame(f): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche should start from her constituency,NOLLYWOOD,where women are used as glorified sex objects. The women in Bollywood films are depicted as senseless cry babies in high heels with no brains. Women in Nollywood are depicted as brainless sex objects. Women in Nollywood are depicted as gold diggers who rise to the top through their bodies or through their husbands and never through their talent.
Visit the Nollywood films on YouTube to see how our women are showcased. The musical videos of our top artistes are even worst where semi clad girls prance around half clad depicted as brainless bimbos,only good at twerking their massive backsides for men!
Women must respect themselves,display dignity and have self esteem,and then and only then will men respect us and grant us the equality that we deserve!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by theunnamed: 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

Uche never argued that the Man isn't the head of the home, only that women should not be seen as lesser than men.

Both parties have different roles and responsibilities. A woman's roles is even more hectic than a man's, even tho the man has authority and is Lord over the woman.

It is quick and easy for African men to say "I'm the man of the house, I'm the Lord". But what does the bible say about the duties of husband and wife, Men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church, so much that Christ gave his life for the church. Wives are to submit, under this love that this husband gives.

A man who loves his wife won't see her as a subject, but as a team mate.

I think that's what Uche is trying to say.

Both your points are misguided...like you have acknowledged "the man has the authority" so you should not even try to question it...

Even the bible that you quoted says a woman should know her place and "ANSWER TO" her husband! Not argue that they are equal...

They are both important...they can never be equal!!!

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bantino:

The Almighty God.

Or are you one of those who believe that the sun, moon, stars, earth etc even human beings just came to be by chance?
What I believe is irrelevant. There are so many accounts of God so it depends which one you subscribe to . But the tale about God making man first is not one shared by everyone and since it cannot be proven it is better confined to you and your club members. Let us not start unnecessary arguments about God and stick to the topic with facts that we can verify or all agree on and not ancient sentiments

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by searchng4love: 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
Uche has no opinion whatsoever, she only ended up contradicting herself. I expect professional spinsters will like her (Uche) pointless rants. How are you?
kennygee:

So because Wura is the Yeyeluwa, everyone should take whatever she says, hook, line and sinker without having their own opinion?

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by lilmax(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
A man‘s virginity should be tested grin

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by banmee(m): 6:28pm On Jun 18, 2016
kennygee:

Uche never argued that the Man isn't the head of the home, only that women should not be seen as lesser than men.

Both parties have different roles and responsibilities. A woman's roles is even more hectic than a man's, even tho the man has authority and is Lord over the woman.

It is quick and easy for African men to say "I'm the man of the house, I'm the Lord". But what does the bible say about the duties of husband and wife, Men are to love their wives like Christ loved the church, so much that Christ gave his life for the church. Wives are to submit, under this love that this husband gives.

A man who loves his wife won't see her as a subject, but as a team mate.

I think that's what Uche is trying to say.

That is what she is trying to say but she lost me when she started delving in the equality issue. We can never be equal until we have equal responsibilities. We are partners though and have to work together to make it happen. Whatever that is.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by omonnakoda: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2016
Empero1:

Servitude I do not support, but equality with a primus inter pares exclusively reserved for a man, I support.
Where? in school ,in politics everywhere? We recently had a female Chief Judge,should that be allowed?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by UIA04(f): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2016
She doesn't understand the olori's

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ahmeduana(m): 6:34pm On Jun 18, 2016
tosin400:
The popular actress, Uche Jombo took to her social media to condemn Ooni Of Ife’s wife, Olori Wurola’s speech which obviously wasnt in support of Gender Equality.

See what she wrote below:

Source:http://www.flexygist.com/2016/06/18/actress-uche-jombo-blasts-olori-wuraola-over-her-speech-on-gender-equality/
WHY SHE NO ATTACK FREEZE, WEY E BE SAY NA HER FELLOW WOMAN VIEW NAIM HER BONE COME STRONG

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by XaviDayo(m): 6:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ode, coz you manage marry one hungry foreigner coz of visa, you here talking shit. Continue....we go see where e go land you. One day, we will also read that you are getting sacked by your hussy.
Olori on point. Nobody called women slaves but they have their place and men have theirs. All the world needs is respect. Thats all. We have women who earn more than men, I dont see men carrying placards and screaming "gender equality"

Jumbo talking like she help liberate women from Bondage. Olosho lasan lasan.

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by lilmax(m): 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
TheMadame:
Uche should start from her constituency,NOLLYWOOD,where women are used as glorified sex objects. The women in Bollywood films are depicted as senseless cry babies in high heels with no brains. Women in Nollywood are depicted as brainless sex objects. Women in Nollywood are depicted as gold diggers who rise to the top through their bodies or through their husbands and never through their talent.
Visit the Nollywood films on YouTube to see how our women are showcased. The musical videos of our top artistes are even worst where semi clad girls prance around half clad depicted as brainless bimbos!
Women must respect themselves,display dignity and have self esteem,and then and only then will men respect us and grant us the equality that we deserve!
And again feminism surport‘s the choice of women to be whatever they want to be

So being sex dolls,cry babies is actually feminism grin

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by tomzman: 6:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
Women be clamouring for gender equality but still want to be treated as women undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Tiskified(m): 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
Men, treat women with respect, not as objects for sexually gratification, not as senseless creatures. Dignify not objectify.
Women treat men with respect, not as rivals.
We are not at war. We condemn all men who maltreat women wherever they may be. We need each other playing our roles. The ear is not more or less important than the arms or the eye or the toes.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
Where? in school ,in politics everywhere? We recently had a female Chief Judge,should that be allowed?

Oh, my statement above was relationship-wise. However, in any other spheres of life, I'd say the best/most informed and prepared should assume a primus inter pares irrespective of gender. ... demand of subservience from a leader to his equals is what I don't propagate/support no matter the realm.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by 989900: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
She just defined 'equalism'; not 'feminism'(whatever that means anyway).

3 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by foladara777(m): 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
All of you trying to diss Uche Jombo or whatever her name is, don't forget that she has made her own way and name in this world.. The queen might be respected but primarily as a wife of somebody...
Should there be gender equality? Hell yeah. Women should have as many opportunities as men do. Gone are the days when physical strength was the main determinant of value to the society, these days, it is intellect, hard work and aptitude. This doesn't prevent the woman from being submissive to her husband, it only makes sure that the submission is not borne out of inferiority complex or reduced sense of worth
U guys think itz coincidental that the most backwards continents are Africa and Asia, where women's perceived value are lowest?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by sexybash(f): 6:40pm On Jun 18, 2016
[quote author=bebe2 post=46695926]Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.[/quote
Go to the kicthen

2 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by XaviDayo(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
TheMadame:
Visit the Nollywood films on YouTube to see how our women are showcased. The musical videos of our top artistes are even worst where semi clad girls prance around half clad depicted as brainless bimbos,only good at twerking their massive backsides for men!

Bro abi na sista, leave this story, all the cases you mentioned are just movies. Why dint you make a case for guys that rose in ranks by sleeping with women. Women like Jumbo will stay single for life. Am not cursing but her view is so lame. Nobody is talking down any woman. These days, women want you to wipe baby bumbum, boil rice, wash her clothes all in the name of equality. A wise woman will see these qualities as a blessing in the man she married while the stubborn ones see them as a chore for the man. They live under the illusion that a man and a woman is 50/50. It will never be so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by TheMadame(f): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
lilmax:
And again feminism surport‘s the choice of women to be whatever they want to be

So being sex dolls,cry babies is actually feminism grin

I disagree.
My idea of women's rights,which I have always fought for is that women who exhibit self esteem and self respect will earn the respect of their men.
Present yourself how you want to be addressed. It is not rocket science.

4 Likes

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Ahmeduana(m): 6:42pm On Jun 18, 2016
bebe2:
Uche pls Shut up,

must u answer everything?

see the yeye nollywood wey una dey, its crumbling fast and u are here fighting equality.

Men are women can NEVER be equal ,we all have our strenghts in diffrent areas, Unless u marry a Weak man.
YOU DEY MIND YEYE yeyebrity AFTER ALL NA RODRIGUEZ SHE MARRY.

1 Like

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by Odunharry(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
The day feminists won't complain iF a guy doesn't help them with luggages in public or stand up for them to sit,..

The day women will start paying groom prizes and taking care of wedding and outting Bill's...Men too are raised by same parent and no guy is raised for free or on credit.

The day women will start proposing to guys and be the breadwinner irrespective of whether the husband is there or not....

The day they stop complaining about not having strength as guys to do very hard labour..

The day they will stop screaming "It's a man duty"

The day they will stop been hypocritical..
Then , Feminism will be welcome..

Many are wannabe feminist hiding under the umbrella of equal right

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uche Jombo Blasts Wuraola Ogunwusi Over Her Speech On Gender Equality by eoadeniji(m): 6:44pm On Jun 18, 2016
crazymommy:
Uche jombo is contradicting herself...am not sure she understood the speech the woman made??Gender equality is not our problem,lack of RESPECT for one another whether male or female is the problem...if you respect a woman you will not treat her less ....when it turns to finance you claim "he is the man" when something else you claim "gender equality" that is hypocrisy...
na correct woman you be!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Tope Alabi And Bishop David Oyedepo Pictured Together / Funmi Awelewa Jubilates As Cristiano Ronaldo Views Her Insta Story / Regina Daniels Shines In Her Christmas Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.