Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,911 members, 7,806,646 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (41376 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by NEHLIVE: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
This is the third man to have been electrocuted today by this faulty Street light pole at Kosofe Bus Stop, Mile 12. The Lagos State Government recently barricaded the road around the area with iron rails to force people to use the new pedestrian bridge in the area instead of crossing the road. However, because the bridge location is very far from this particular spot, people who have businesses at the other side of the road always cross the iron rail demarcation after bending the sharp pointed irons fitted on top. Unfortunately, a broken cable from this street light pole fitted to the demarcation is already touching the entire rail and therefore everyone trying to cross the place today have been shocked. Three unlucky persons died today at different times after getting electrocuted by the rail. That's not the only problem, the said pole is at the brink of collapse as it's been shaking all day and a major wind can finally pull it down. This is a very busy road, hope authorities will do something about it immediately before more damage is done. More photos below..

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/this-electric-pole-has-kosofe-bus-stop.html

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by NEHLIVE: 8:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
sad.

We live by grace every day. In this country, there are too many ways to die easily. May we not be victims of circumstances.

SEE ALL THE PHOTOS HEREĀ» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/photos-man-electrocuted-by-street-light.html

36 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Thunderlicious: 8:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
Useless NEPA, na to use electricity kill person dem sabi.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by freshness2020: 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
What a pity
It's better to be late than never.
RIP man.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by nnadychuks(m): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2016
That second poster shouldn't have commented here.. See his name

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Thunderlicious: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
nnadychuks:
That second poster shouldn't have commented here.. See his name

Na electric kill person na, no be thunder. Blame NEPA

12 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by goldbim(f): 8:24pm On Jun 18, 2016
Pathetic! This could have been averted if only the concerned authorities do routine check and also maintain their facilities properly..R.I.P to the man..may God console his family.(amen)

5 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Atmmachine(m): 9:57pm On Jun 18, 2016
Why is the man laying on the ground ??
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by ucheezeigbo(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thank God he was F U C K E D
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by ileogbenfidel(m): 9:59pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's why I am tired of Nigeria honestly

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
If this is true, then it is not the government's fault but the fault of those in Kosofe.

How can 3 people die the same day and they didn't pull that nonsense pole down? They didnt march to the Local Government office or the nearest PHCN office to cut off the power supply. . .

They should keep blaming government that doesn't care about anybody. Maybe it's until 200 people die that they'll do the right thing.

58 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Atmmachine(m): 10:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
ileogbenfidel:
That's why I am tired of Nigeria honestly

Move to Sudan

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Neddyogu(m): 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nigerians and the habit of cutting corners. Do d right thing and use d foot bridge na wahala. Ok RIP

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by roymary: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2016
ucheezeigbo:
Thank God he was F U C K E D

Abeg no vex o....Wetin you dey try talk? Are you really thanking God he died and you are happy he is F U C K E D

Weirdos don full this Nairaland. sad

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by davedpo(m): 10:03pm On Jun 18, 2016
issoryt
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by raziboi(m): 10:04pm On Jun 18, 2016
Nigeria have nothing to offer anymore Only sad news!
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
embarassed
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by bethyz(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
I no see the man oo. The one I see is taking a selfie with the pole undecided

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Lawalemi(m): 10:05pm On Jun 18, 2016
What a country with death lurking everywhere.

You escape BH, you don't escape accident.

Accidents created by armed robber and government insensitivity
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by bibelo: 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
That's the result of breaking simple laws that are meant to protect your life. Climb pedestrian bridge no, they are always in a hurry to dash across the highway. They actually committed suicide shikena

6 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by amclimax(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
Three people just die lyk that....if na to sleep with light nepa no go gree bring light... to watch match nko no way...but they fit allow steady light to kill people....
People for the mile12 sef na bastard to allow the incidence to occur more than once

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by chiwetaluAGU(m): 10:06pm On Jun 18, 2016
angry
How annoying? angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by mommaade(f): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bad enuf! cry
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by gbadexy(m): 10:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
They couldn't put a notice warning pedestrians after the first Death!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by chukzyblingz(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Did I hear you say 3 person in a day? the first person got electrocuted, the second person and the third? I don't believe that. I know there's no value for human life in Nigeria but this is hard to believe.

3 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by ronald4lif(m): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
Do we blame the gov't and nepa from the recklessness of the victims? I think not. Nigerians aren't known to abide to health and safety procedures and we're always in a haste rushing to no where.

Why couldn't they relax and follow the road diversion availed by the authorities? It's a pity he has to die this way but hope we learn to be patient and obey traffic and health&safety guidelines. RIP!

4 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by amabelistical(f): 10:09pm On Jun 18, 2016
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]green is life, dat man just show una say change dey grin
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by TheAziz: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
RIP just imagine, which way Nigeria, which way to go
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by rhinolove: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
if it was tinubu's son. there would have been heads rolling

1 Like

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by amabelistical(f): 10:12pm On Jun 18, 2016
Make una welcome me we'll now sad shocked
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by emerged01(m): 10:13pm On Jun 18, 2016
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it is not the government's fault but the fault of those in Kosofe.

How can 3 people die the same day and they didn't pull that nonsense pole down? They didnt march to the Local Government office or the nearest PHCN office to cut off the power supply. . .

They should keep blaming government that doesn't care about anybody. Maybe it's until 200 people die that they'll do the right thing.

My brother,i don't care attitude is killing people everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by bibelo: 10:15pm On Jun 18, 2016
Which yeye notice, isn't the barricade not enough notice that there is no road there. Pedestrian bridge is meant to be used. I think the government should fine the corpse family. .let's always act civil and not behave like goats.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Creepy Pasta Thread / Many Trapped In Multiple Accident On Otedola Bridge, Lagos / Beautiful, Colored Snake Killed In Ologi, Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.