Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe (41377 Views)

Woman Electrocuted In Ebonyi State (disturbing Photos) / A Mad Man Got Knocked Down While Crossing The Road. Now I Am Stuck With Him / EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by macaranta(m): 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Too bad
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by robosky02(m): 10:18pm On Jun 18, 2016
haba 3 people why

APC govt

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by prinsam30: 10:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
fashola why??
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thunderlicious:

Na electric kill person na, no be thunder. Blame NEPA
Lagos state street lights is not under "NEPA" but under lagos state electricity board.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by legendsilver(m): 10:35pm On Jun 18, 2016
Help me thank God o, I climbed it yesterday at the same kosofe bus stop. Hmm
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by candyboy(m): 10:36pm On Jun 18, 2016
amabelistical:
Make una welcome me we'll now sad shocked
Are you just back from the Sambisa forest?
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by YaksonFCA(m): 10:43pm On Jun 18, 2016
May their soul rest in peace
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Iwonimi(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thank to Almighty God i use to climb it also wen i go to Gt bank and i av other business @ first bank or NNPC station

Ijo ope mi da.... ijo ope mi ree

Rip to d dead
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Distinguishy(m): 10:51pm On Jun 18, 2016
Is dat wot u call barricade? Iron rod against electricity dat pass 2ru same iron? Wen authrities cud hv put DANGER sign round bout d pole. If its a civilised society security men wud be staioned 2 ward off pple till d issue is fixed. If a dignitery is passing dia security agent won't even let him near dia no value 4 common man. Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jun 18, 2016
Death trap.. RIP to d lives lost embarassed
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by mikaelzX(m): 10:55pm On Jun 18, 2016
this is manslaughter by the installation company, why should a live naked wire be left exposed, now it has cost someone his precious life.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by M4gunners: 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2016
Chai zoology Republic.3 people and still counting.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Biospnx(m): 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2016
Even as light no dey?
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Justbeu(m): 11:48pm On Jun 18, 2016
Thunderlicious:
Useless NEPA, na to use electricity kill person dem sabi.

@Thunderlicious......mbanu...... Nwayoooooooooooo.....na wetin Nepa do again? Pedestrian bridge dey 4 corner hurry hurry dey worry we Wey dey Lagos except few,we find short cut go dey do iron bender just to do sharp sharp.........ok oooooooo.i am not mocking, abusing, or Disrespecting d dead......i wish dem eternal rest in d hand of d Supreme God.but pls let dis be a lesson 2 d living use d pedestrian bridges na free of charge.no be wen we go yankee we go begin learn am, Learn it here in ur own Gr8 country...no be 2 dey blame one person b'coz of another person carelessness.... Like Thunderlicious just blamed Nepa.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by jessykings(f): 12:35am On Jun 19, 2016
Nigerians and 'short-cuts'. These deaths would have been averted if they had used d proper route provided, now we r blaming the government. RIP to d dead
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Jacko01: 12:40am On Jun 19, 2016
Eyah die throw-away
Such a sad way to die.
Rip to them
The things that kill us in nigeria will make a sane society open their mouth for hours
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Emeka71(m): 1:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Too bad.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Emeka71(m): 1:23am On Jun 19, 2016
Justbeu:

@Thunderlicious......mbanu...... Nwayoooooooooooo.....na wetin Nepa do again? Pedestrian bridge dey 4 corner hurry hurry dey worry we Wey dey Lagos except few,we find short cut go dey do iron bender just to do sharp sharp.........ok oooooooo.i am not mocking, abusing, or Disrespecting d dead......i wish dem eternal rest in d hand of d Supreme God.but pls let dis be a lesson 2 d living use d pedestrian bridges na free of charge.no be wen we go yankee we go begin learn am, Learn it here in ur own Gr8 country...no be 2 dey blame one person b'coz of another person carelessness.... Like Thunderlicious just blamed Nepa.
The authorities ought to have rectify the issue ; has nothing to do with foot bridge because not everybody can know there is a fault with the iron culvert .
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Gkemz: 2:13am On Jun 19, 2016
What a pity. The man may had left the house in search of daily bread with the intention of returning home with something for his family. The nonchalant and insouciant attitude of the constituted authority have led to loss of innocent lives including this. RIP to the dead anyway.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by RaptorX: 2:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Symptoms of a failed country because normally after the first death that place should have been condoned off and access restricted. But three deaths later and counting it's like nobody cares, this country smh.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by amakenny: 2:47am On Jun 19, 2016
NEHLIVE:
This is the third man to have been electrocuted today by this faulty Street light pole at Kosofe Bus Stop, Mile 12. The Lagos State Government recently barricaded the road around the area with iron rails to force people to use the new pedestrian bridge in the area instead of crossing the road. However, because the bridge location is very far from this particular spot, people who have businesses at the other side of the road always cross the iron rail demarcation after bending the sharp pointed irons fitted on top. Unfortunately, a broken cable from this street light pole fitted to the demarcation is already touching the entire rail and therefore everyone trying to cross the place today have been shocked. Three unlucky persons died today at different times after getting electrocuted by the rail. That's not the only problem, the said pole is at the brink of collapse as it's been shaking all day and a major wind can finally pull it down. This is a very busy road, hope authorities will do something about it immediately before more damage is done. More photos below..

http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/this-electric-pole-has-kosofe-bus-stop.html

Nigeria, the only country in the world where human life has little or no value before the country's leaders..
If not, something like this electrocution of one, two, three persons could not have occurred after the first electrocution death happened.

RIP to the dead.

Man don get tired of saying RIP to innocent people that should have been alive if they had been in another country outside Nigeria.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by keVeeeN: 2:51am On Jun 19, 2016
bibelo:
Which yeye notice, isn't the barricade not enough notice that there is no road there. Pedestrian bridge is meant to be used. I think the government should fine the corpse family. .let's always act civil and not behave like goats.
lol,and you've never crossed an express way before?
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by naheem8307(m): 4:12am On Jun 19, 2016
Pathetic story in a pathetic country called Nigeria.. Where are the precautions putting in place.. signages, strong barricading without pedestrian accessibility, immediate response team/standby Emergency team... isolating of the transformer... that rod across the fence is silly and that's isn't an act of precaution. PHCN should be held accountable for this damage.. Public prosecutor should stand up and fight for this negligence act of un safe environment..

Neither the people, private sector and it's GOVT cares to put proactive measures in place when it comes to dangerous occurrence that could claim the life of Nigerians, most all felt it's none of their course to attend to such situations.

Community of this said area of incident are so silly as well, did they really care of their own children, unknown visitors, families and friends coming from other geographical areas?

Many of whom as a citizen of this Nation don't even know the important of safety and how precious life of one another is to be avoided.

It sadden my heart that 3 people died as a result of this un care attitude of Govt, PHCN and the citizen of this particular community..

3 life's !!! Shai !!! We are all humans for God sake, let's care for one another and always being proactive at all time.. a lost life is a lost to humanity... Safety first...

So pathetic!!!!! What a Nation ? RIP!
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by bibelo: 4:30am On Jun 19, 2016
keVeeeN:
lol,and you've never crossed an express way before?
I don't cross the express when there is a pedestrian bridge. I actually used the bridge yesterday and on Friday and When I am driving I don't encourage people dashing across. I remember some years back screaming on a mother trying to cross the express with her kids in their school uniforms. She was forced to make the kids use the bridge. .....
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by saintdennis(m): 4:38am On Jun 19, 2016
ronald4lif:
Do we blame the gov't and nepa from the recklessness of the victims? I think not. Nigerians aren't known to abide to health and safety procedures and we're always in a haste rushing to no where.

Why couldn't they relax and follow the road diversion availed by the authorities? It's a pity he has to die this way but hope we learn to be patient and obey traffic and health&safety guidelines. RIP!

Passing d mile 12 axis yesterday and a woman was also scaling the barrier sadly one of the spikes caught her trouser and while trying to free herself. she fell on the road. lucky for her no car was nearby...she might have been crushed.

Too many animals live on the mainland I swear! It would take less than 4/5mins to walk to the permitted crossing points and bridges BUT these people wanna CUT CORNERS it's pathetic.

Anyway RIP to them.
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Zalam5: 5:12am On Jun 19, 2016
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it is not the government's fault but the fault of those in Kosofe.

How can 3 people die the same day and they didn't pull that nonsense pole down? They didnt march to the Local Government office or the nearest PHCN office to cut off the power supply. . .

They should keep blaming government that doesn't care about anybody. Maybe it's until 200 people die that they'll do the right thing.
. Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili undecided
blackberlin:
If this is true, then it is not the government's fault but the fault of those in Kosofe.

How can 3 people die the same day and they didn't pull that nonsense pole down? They didnt march to the Local Government office or the nearest PHCN office to cut off the power supply. . .

They should keep blaming government that doesn't care about anybody. Maybe it's until 200 people die that they'll do the right thing.
. Is that one solve issue ?Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili ,u will burn with your arrogant head ,crazy people every where
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Zalam5: 5:16am On Jun 19, 2016
Zalam5:
. Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili undecided. Is that one solve issue ?Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili ,u will burn with your arrogant head ,crazy people every where

Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by ileogbenfidel(m): 5:18am On Jun 19, 2016
Better
Atmmachine:

Move to Sudan
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Olibboy: 5:19am On Jun 19, 2016
See na na
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by Nobody: 5:24am On Jun 19, 2016
Zalam5:
. Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili undecided. Is that one solve issue ?Pls talK sense ,why can't you lead them to there?_u want to go and cut off Nepa cable?am laughen in Swahili ,u will burn with your arrogant head ,crazy people every where
Animal, I don't have time 4u
Re: Man Electrocuted By Street Light Pole While Crossing The Road At Kosofe by redcliff: 6:24am On Jun 19, 2016
NEHLIVE:
sad.

We live by grace every day. In this country, there are too many ways to die easily. May we not be victims of circumstances.

SEE ALL THE PHOTOS HEREĀ» http://www.newseveryhour.com/2016/06/photos-man-electrocuted-by-street-light.html

I thought you wanted to say see more photos of the dead man... or see more ways to die...yeye blog newspapers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Creepy Pasta Thread / Many Trapped In Multiple Accident On Otedola Bridge, Lagos / Beautiful, Colored Snake Killed In Ologi, Bayelsa State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.