Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,033 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:46 AM

Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? (920 Views)

Bayelsa Anglican Reverend Slumps & Dies On Pulpit During Wedding Ceremony / If Giving Tithe Is Wrong ,then Giving of Offering should be wrong also . / Is It Wrong To Miss Church Because Of Offering Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by PrincessAnna: 8:37pm On Jun 18, 2016
I went to a wedding in one popular Pentecostal Church today and they ask us to bring out our offering and that if we are ashamed of our present offering that we should change it to a bigger one. I was surprised cause this is my first time of hearing such.

Let's discuss if this practice is okay...
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by Majikals(m): 8:49pm On Jun 18, 2016
IF WE ARE ASHAMED OF OUR PRESENT OFFERING THAT WE SHOULD CHANGE IT TO A BIGGER ONE...That statement alone portrays the fact that the person saying that is just after ur money for personal gain.
Although a Christian, AM not a fan of tithing n Offering, I prefer giving it out to those I feel actually need it irrespective of denomination, religion or tribe. Offering during wedding is an extra No No for me.
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by youngdanee(m): 9:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
offering doing wedding is something I've yet to witness b4

but for a pastor to dictate the amount u give as an offering portrays how clueless they're
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by PrincessAnna: 9:08pm On Jun 18, 2016
Majikals:
IF WE ARE ASHAMED OF OUR PRESENT OFFERING THAT WE SHOULD CHANGE IT TO A BIGGER ONE...That statement alone portrays the fact that the person saying that is just after ur money for personal gain.
Although a Christian, AM not a fan of tithing n Offering, I prefer giving it out to those I feel actually need it irrespective of denomination, religion or tribe. Offering during wedding is an extra No No for me.
I believe in tithing , its a commandment from God
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by Majikals(m): 9:27pm On Jun 18, 2016
PrincessAnna:
I believe in tithing , its a commandment from God
Okay, for now am sticking with the simplicity of loving God n loving my neighbor as myself. Kinda working for me so far
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
I haven't witnessed it before tho.
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by 0ubenji(m): 4:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Mtcheew..u nefa c anytin.. No be nigerian church??..they can even ask for offering in a funeral service..
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by passionate88: 8:01am On Aug 21, 2016
PrincessAnna:
I went to a wedding in one popular Pentecostal Church today and they ask us to bring out our offering and that if we are ashamed of our present offering that we should change it to a bigger one. I was surprised cause this is my first time of hearing such.

Let's discuss if this practice is okay...
What's the name of the church?
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by PrincessAnna: 1:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
passionate88:
What's the name of the church?
You want to visit the Church? If yes I'll tell u
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by passionate88: 1:24pm On Aug 21, 2016
PrincessAnna:
You want to visit the Church? If yes I'll tell u
Just try to tell
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by PrincessAnna: 1:47pm On Aug 21, 2016
passionate88:
Just try to tell
I was thinking you are a Muslim. I don't want to say it
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by passionate88: 2:26pm On Aug 21, 2016
PrincessAnna:
I was thinking you are a Muslim. I don't want to say it

Why would you think such?
Re: Collection Of Offering During Wedding; Right Or Wrong? by orisa37: 2:56pm On Aug 21, 2016
Very right. The Couple should also PAY a tenth of their gift received in the Wedding as Tithes.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD Victor Edet Akwa Abasi Prod. Gbrown / What Exactly Has Religion Done For Humanity / Here Is The 'rescued' Bible Of Colombian Plane Crash Survivor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.