Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,374 members, 7,808,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom (16626 Views)

Naval Officer Killed By Gunmen During Robbery Attack Along Abuja-kaduna Road. / Naval Officer Slaps NURTW Official In Lagos. Photos / Suspected Militants Kidnap Patrick Ani In Cross River (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by mamabomboy: 12:37am On Jun 19, 2016
…demand N7m ransom

Three people were last Monday kidnapped by a gang of armed robbers who claimed to be members of a Niger Delta militant group, along the Lagos/Ogun waterways. The victims, identified as a politician in Obadero Akesan area of the Lagos State, a naval officer and a lady, were among passengers that boarded a boat at Adeckson bus stop, Ojo in Lagos State, to Moshe village, on the outskirt in Ogun State.

An eye witness, Mr. Femi John, told our reporter on Saturday, that the three people are still in the custody of the kidnappers who demanded for a ransom of N7millon. John, a Local Council Development Area (LCDA) staff in Lagos, said residents in both Moshe and Totowu village now live in palpable fear due to the constant attacks from the gang of militants.

“Last week Wednesday, I boarded a boat from Ishitu Ego jetty to Totowu village, a border community between Lagos and Ogun States at the close of work. All was going on well until we got to the middle of the river and these boys blocked our boat and robbed us of all we had on us. I had earlier called my wife when I was at the jetty that we were about to depart and usually it take us eight to nine minutes to get to our destination.

“But we were trapped on the waterways for close to 30 minutes as the robbers took away our valuables. Two of my phones, a loaf of bread and a folder was taken from me. The robbers came to us and identified themselves as Niger Delta militants. They said our president refused to pay their money hence they will continue to terrorize citizens. There was a lady in the boat who was going home with N250, 000 the money was collected from her and other valuables taken from other passengers,” he said.
He said a similar robbery incident has earlier taking place this time on a boat that was heading to Ibeshe village.

“We learnt that the women on that boat were asked to remove their clothes by the robbers and they handle their breasts. We were all afraid because that kind of thing has not happened before,” John added.
Efforts to reach the Police Public Relations Officer in Lagos, DSP Dolapo Badmos proved abortive as she did not respond to telephone calls and text messages put through to her mobile phone as at press time.

http://thenationonlineng.net/militants-kidnap-naval-officer-two-others-lagos/

1 Like

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Ganiyat72(f): 12:48am On Jun 19, 2016
We yorubas self! So any criminal who abduct any person is termed AVENGERS? When did avengers start kidnapping?

59 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by wowmenow: 12:56am On Jun 19, 2016
Niger delta militants in Lagos
Na wa oh it's getting serious
Buhari where are thou
Please don't sick come and fix the problem you course

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Olayinkaboss(m): 12:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Nd's yoot need reorientation

1 Like

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by iKarma: 1:05am On Jun 19, 2016
Ganiyat72:
We yorubas self! So any criminal who abduct any person is termed AVENGERS? When did avengers start kidnapping?

Don't you Ibos blame every crime on Fulani herdsmen?
Are you saying the Biafran ND Terrorists weren't the kidnappers?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by holmez(m): 1:08am On Jun 19, 2016
All we can do is pray for the country cos its seriously sick

5 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Obowian: 1:13am On Jun 19, 2016
NDA and Havoc

22 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Ganiyat72(f): 2:03am On Jun 19, 2016
iKarma:

Don't you Ibos blame every crime on Fulani herdsmen?
Are you saying the Biafran ND Terrorists weren't the kidnappers?
What are u saying?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by PhockPhockMan: 3:54am On Jun 19, 2016
Next news will be, a man in Kano state lost his transport money to [size=18pt]
Niger Delta militant pickpockets.
[/size]

NONSENSE.

59 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by banki(m): 4:30am On Jun 19, 2016
wowmenow:
Niger delta militants in Lagos
Na wa oh it's getting serious
Buhari where are thou
Please don't sick come and fix the problem you course

Make you no vex oh...
But how did buhari cause this Niger delta avemgers problem

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by sinistermind(m): 4:44am On Jun 19, 2016
This is Hilarious... what qualifies them to be ND militants? Because the said it right? What will they be doing as far as ogun/lagos water creek? Gullible Nigerian are ready to believe any story as long as it feeds their imagination.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:09am On Jun 19, 2016
Is there a media onslaught against the Niger Delta? What concerns Niger Delta militancy with armed robbery and criminality in Lagos-Ogun waterways?

This is nonsense

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by hucienda: 5:55am On Jun 19, 2016
South West Avengers? grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by YorubaHighness: 5:58am On Jun 19, 2016
hucienda:
South West Avengers? grin

Explain why the SW would need avenging...

Boko haram wants an Islamic Nigeria

Biafrans want Biafra and SS oil

ND Rep want resoucr control

Southwest....?

Try to make sense with your answers.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Destined2win: 6:00am On Jun 19, 2016
I think some criminal elements in the west are trying to operate under the guise of NDA

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by STPEACE10: 6:22am On Jun 19, 2016
That's impossicant, yoloba!! I cut cap for you pple but God big pass una.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Bitterleafsoup: 6:26am On Jun 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Bitterleafsoup: 6:38am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Is there a media onslaught against the Niger Delta? What concerns Niger Delta militancy with armed robbery and criminality in Lagos-Ogun waterways?

This is nonsense

Good morning! Eeehai,so you now see the one sided media on slaught of your people ehhh? Biko reflect on those days when it was the days of the land grabing Igbos getting the negative spotlight, the ccondensing comments from you and Truckpusher.

We still dey your back...

All I see is support of Easterners for South South, just saying.....

3 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by YoursGEJ(m): 6:43am On Jun 19, 2016
Ganiyat72:

PhockPhockMan:
Next news will be, a man in Kano state lost his transport money to [size=18pt]
Niger Delta militant pickpockets.
[/size]
NONSENSE.
All these people saying that ND militants are not the people responsible for the kidnap, e be like say una be militants. Otherwise how would you know that information?

DSS make una come see NDA members on NL

4 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by OjukwuWarBird: 6:52am On Jun 19, 2016
YoursGEJ:

All these people saying that ND militants are not the people responsible for the kidnap, e be like say una be militants. Otherwise how would you know that information?

DSS make una come see NDA members on NL

Illiteracy in full regalia. Very soon you go blame militants for impregnating your careless sister. angry

Militants ko OPC ni cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by dgr8truth(m): 6:53am On Jun 19, 2016
Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:59am On Jun 19, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

Good morning! Eeehai,so you now see the one sided media on slaught of your people ehhh? Biko reflect on those days when it was the days of the land grabing Igbos getting the negative spotlight, the ccondensing comments from you and Truckpusher.

We still dey your back...

All I see is support of Easterners for South South, just saying.....
I can't remember pouring venom on Igbos, my only disagreement with some of you bothered on the issue of IPOB and their position.

1 Like

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by YoursGEJ(m): 7:00am On Jun 19, 2016
OjukwuWarBird:

Illiteracy in full regalia. Very soon you go blame militants for impregnating your careless sister. angry

Militants ko OPC ni cheesy

Why are you bringing my sister into this?
Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2016
A group of criminals can claim to be anything. The kidnappers chose to call themselves Niger Delta militants in order to put fear into families of the victims so that they can cough up the demanded ransom....The journalist who reported the news should have been more circumspect.

4 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by BENZINA(m): 7:55am On Jun 19, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:

This is nonsense
A gang up by Lagos media against the genuine cause of the Niger Delta Avengers to smear their image, nonsense.

9 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by sweetgala(m): 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
Ganiyat72:

They've actually been doing so lately. Militants groups have been invading parts of Ogun state and Lagos state accessible to the creeks , killing and maiming

1 Like

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by FlameDynasty: 7:57am On Jun 19, 2016
the best way to commit atrocities without been apprehended quickly
Na to hide under avenger umbrella.

soon we go dey hear...how avenger slept with my wife...grin

5 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Thewrath(m): 8:08am On Jun 19, 2016
YorubaHighness:

Explain why the SW would need avenging...

Boko haram wants an Islamic Nigeria

Biafrans want Biafra and SS oil

ND Rep want resoucr control

Southwest....?

Try to make sense with your answers.
It's is only the few greedy and envious ones among you online that DECIDE to see SE/SS different even when you can't differentiate them in reality.
The only reason igbos want parts of SS is because of igbo speaking ethnicities in SS like we in delta state(asaba,anioma),even the warries understand Igbo(have a friend there)because it's a dorminant language.igbo is Igbo,just like I don't like being called delta-Igbo.i will forever vote against any attempt to separate us from our real identity and history!

9 Likes

Re: Militants Kidnap Naval Officer In Lagos And Two Others, Demand N7m Ransom by Nobody: 8:11am On Jun 19, 2016
The robbers took away our valuables.
Two of my phones, a loaf of bread and a folder was taken from me.

Yoruba avengers why

long live k

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Obaseki Appoints 192 Special Assistants In Edo State / Ned Nwoko Reacts To His Court Victory, Dedicates Victory To God & Anioma People / Pauline Tallen Meets Amina Mohammed At UN (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.