Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,177 members, 7,780,243 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:16 AM

Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada (893 Views)

Lady Appeals To Canada To Reduce Skilled Immigration Approval For Nigerians / Why Are Middle Class Nigerians Relocating To Canada? / Travelling To Canada Part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada by Mhatt: 2:07am On Jun 19, 2016
Has anyone used the : APPLICATION TO SPONSOR A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY CLASS method of admission to canada?
this is used for spouse , common law , or conjugal partners on getting admitted to canada.
My fiancee is wanting to apply me for admission this way, seeing as i was not sucsesfull in a study permit.
we would fall under the conjugal partner category, because we havent been married, or even lived together "(infact didnt even see each other yet)"
we are both confident of eachother and have been through enough to have a firm bond and trust.
reading up abt this method, i think itd be a good way to get to canada and start our futre together.
i just want it to go right the first time.
Any advice on this, has anyone ever done this? please share your testimonys
thank you
Re: Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada by JewelStone(f): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2016
You're engaged to someone you've never met? It must be love made in heaven.

Good luck with convincing CIC that you're relationship is genuine, without any evidence of meeting; it's a tall order.

1 Like

Re: Conjugal Partner Admission To Canada by Mhatt: 6:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
JewelStone:
You're engaged to someone you've never met? It must be love made in heaven.

Good luck with convincing CIC that you're relationship is genuine, without any evidence of meeting; it's a tall order.
This category is for partners—either of the opposite sex or same sex—in situations beyond their control that keep them from living together so they would count as common-law partners or spouses.

A conjugal relationship is more than a physical relationship. It means you depend on each other, there is some permanence to the relationship, and there is the same level of commitment as a marriage or a common-law partnership.

You may apply as a conjugal partner if:

you have had a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for at least one year and you could not live together or marry because of
an immigration barrier,
your marital status (for example, you are married to someone else and living in a country where divorce is not possible) or
your sexual orientation (for example, you are in a same-sex relationship and same-sex marriage is not permitted where you live) and
you can prove there was a reason you could not live together (for example, you were refused long-term stays in each other’s country).
You should not apply as a conjugal partner if:

you could have lived together but chose not to, as this shows that you did not have the level of commitment needed for a conjugal relationship (for example, one of you may not have wanted to give up a job or a course of study, or your relationship was not yet at the point where you were ready to live together),
you cannot prove there was a reason that kept you from living together,
you are engaged to be married (in this case, you should either apply as a spouse once the marriage has taken place or apply as a common-law partner if you have lived together continuously for at least 12 months).

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pilots Lost At Sea / Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana. / My Schengen Spanish Visa Processing Is On Pause, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.