Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) (49639 Views)

Man Slaps Wife Of Police Officer While Jogging. See What Happened Next / Man Slaps A Dead Man In His Coffin (Video) / Man Slaps Policeman Twice For Bashing His Lamborghini In Lagos (video, Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by dre11(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2016
By NGOZI UWUJARE

ONYEKACHI Anele, 36, is probably gnashing his teeth in regret, in the custody of the police at the headquarters of the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, of the Imo Police Command, Owerri.

As he ponders over what the future holds for his four-year-old daughter and one-year-old son and the stepson who is at the centre of the fate that has befallen the family, he is equally learning, in a hard and unfortunate way, the meaning of what the bible says: “The devil goes about like a roaring lion seeking who it may devour.”

Anele who lived with his family in Obibiezena in Owerri North Local Government Area, is also wishing that he had restrained himself when the devil pushed his wife to stir up anger in him, not long after he returned home from vigil held at Jesus Disciples Fellowship.

Sunday Sun learnt from the Imo Commissioner of Police, Mr. Taiwo Lakanu that trouble began on June 1, 2016, when Anele’s wife, 32-year-old Chikodi, asked him to give her son from an earlier marriage, N100 to take to school.

Taking up the tale, Anele said: “I got married to my late wife Chikodi Anele over four years ago. She had a son for another man before we got married. We have been living together in peace. We have two children. Our first child, a girl, is four years old while the second child is a boy, who is just one year old.”

He continued: “On May 31, 2016, I went to my church, Jesus Disciples Fellowship, where we had a vigil. I came back around 5: 30 am and started playing Christian music. My wife came to where I was and said that I should give my stepson N100 naira to go to school. I told her that I had no money with me.

“You see, my late wife was hypertensive; she became very angry that I did not give my stepson N100. She started to insult me. I got angry and slapped her.

She slapped me in return. I was shocked by her effrontery and slapped her a second time. She fell down and fainted.

“I rushed her to City Hospital, Nekede. On getting there, the doctor checked her and confirmed that she was dead. I went to the nearby police station at Umuguma and reported the matter to the police and they arrested me,” he said.

Promptly, the case was transferred from Umuguma Police Station to State Criminal Investigation Department, Owerri, the Imo State capital, where he has been in detention as investigation into the matter was in progress.

The officer-in-charge of the homicide section of the SCID, Supol Innocent Obi, further revealed that family members of the deceased had not yet been to the police to know the state of the matter. He stated that Anele had not yet informed them.

In anguish, Anele, told Sunday Sun: “I love my wife. I had no intention to kill her. It was misunderstanding and annoyance that prompted me to slap her and she died. Up till now, it looks like a dream and a mystery to me.

When Sunday Sun visited the compound where Anele lived with his family before the unfortunate incident happened, his neighbours were still in shock.

One of them, Chukudi Eneka said, “They both loved each other; they were a good family. The devil just caused this thing. Suddenly we heard them quarrelling. The husband slapped the wife and the wife slapped him back. The hus­band then slapped her again. She fell down and fainted. We thought it was a joke. When she was taken to the hospital, the doctor said she was dead. We are shocked over the incident.”
In what appears like a case of Anele being abandoned to his fate, the Deputy Commissioner of Po­lice in-charge of the State Criminal Investigation Department, Mr. Hafiz Inuwa said that the kinsmen of Anele had not been to see him in the custody of the police, but adding that the corpse of the deceased was still in mortuary.

http://sunnewsonline.com/man-slaps-wife-to-death/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by talk2alabama: 7:02am On Jun 19, 2016
Alrite, a deterrent to men out there... never hit ur wife! I believe the consequences are just plain..

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by mrnuur(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
So sad. See devil work

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Scatterscatter(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
But why angry

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by ikbnice(m): 7:04am On Jun 19, 2016
Women may nag, frustrate you and be a pain in the ass atimes. They are not meant to be beaten. There are many ways of dealing with a woman that are even more effective than beating. Women are FRAGILE, fragile than they look.

99 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by shyling(f): 7:08am On Jun 19, 2016
Violence is bad

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by johnglefury(m): 7:10am On Jun 19, 2016
END TIME SLAP

61 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by dikeigbo2(m): 7:15am On Jun 19, 2016
A sad news indeed,

God abeg save us men from this type of temptations and its consequences.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by emetisuccess(m): 7:18am On Jun 19, 2016
the best is for him to be silence
Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by lytech1(m): 7:20am On Jun 19, 2016
That's why I hate woman.
They will frustrate you to undo..

They are never contempted..
No matter the good you did for years,the day you default...women will forget the past.

God will set you free young man

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Nobody: 7:22am On Jun 19, 2016
Enroll this man in the military

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by madridguy(m): 7:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Anger they say is small madness.

RIP to her.

3 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by theEYe21(f): 7:38am On Jun 19, 2016
The guy should be in prison for a long time or punished by death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Luvdmx(m): 7:44am On Jun 19, 2016
Violence against women. Some men are animals. Becareful ladies.

RIP.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by kunlesufyan(m): 7:59am On Jun 19, 2016
"I slapped her ,she slapped me back and I slapped her again and she fainted" iranu,he probably didn't want to give her the 100box cos the boy wasn't his son..but the woman no try...I think if you are a woman that has a child from an early marriage, try your best to carry the most responsibility of that child .while your husband does the most for the children u gave him..its just common sense,not every man will have the grace to overlook the fact that its another mans child...rip to the dead sha

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Sijo01(f): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2016
End time slap

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Zico5(m): 9:25am On Jun 19, 2016
Man needs to be careful these days cos women may at times be the pain in the neck. Things are changing especially now that women are demanding for gender equality. No woman wants to give in to any man again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by helphelp: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Killer slap ni yen

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Pangea: 9:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Poverty is a bastard

Imagine N100?
Common N100 killed this woman,
The slap was just the weapon!

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by sukkot: 9:27am On Jun 19, 2016
dayummmm he slap the taste out dat woman mouth. the slap of death shocked grin

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by NaLaugh: 9:28am On Jun 19, 2016
Sijo01:
End time slap

Literally.

2 Likes

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by addikt(m): 9:29am On Jun 19, 2016
mrnuur:
So sad. See devil work

Where bro? shocked

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 19, 2016
lytech1:
That's why I hate woman.
They will frustrate you to undo..
Wow.. sorry about your mother.

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by ahamonyeka(m): 9:29am On Jun 19, 2016
Ordinary slap don send her to her early grave,hand wey onyekachi take dey tap palmwine why she no die?anyways R.I.P to her.

1 Like

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by fippycbk(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Reminds me of a song I heard some time ago. It was about a man who hit his wife because she told him he keeps his teeth like that of a goat. Woman died after the slap, man starts regretting, saying if he had known, he'd have kept his teeth like a goat.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by iliyande(m): 9:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Angry reaction
Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
undecided
Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by wildchild1: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
What an unfortunate situation
Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Mu2ni(m): 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
you need palms surgery
Re: Man Slaps Wife To Death In Owerri, Imo (picture) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 19, 2016
He is definitely a BAD CHRISTIAN. How can u lay hands on your wife sad

May the dead rest in peace.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Stabbed Daughter To Death A Day To Her Wedding In Anambra / Kidnappers Riddle A Car With Bullet At Umunneochi LGA Abia State / Men Who Fought Policemen, Tried To Snatch Their AK 47 Rifle Arrested & Beaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.