Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? (22382 Views)

DAVID: A Man After God's Own Heart / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Called A 'Cultist' Over Sign He Made With Fingers (Photo / The Man After God's Own Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Goldenheart(m): 5:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
hmmm
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 19, 2016
ericanex, are you married?
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jun 19, 2016
OLUJOSHINS:

We rebuke U Satan in The name of Jesus.
Are you okay?
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

And Solomon was a product of that evil relationship. Even his son Solomon (who is a bastard) was made king and he did not only marry 700 wives but was committing adultery with 300 women.

Yet these two were God's most precious.
He was their God. Of course, they'd be his number 1.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Praktikals(m): 5:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
thehomer:
They fit each other.
histemple:

When evil things begin to happen to the two of you, ignorant people will be blaming it on witches in the village.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by histemple: 5:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
Praktikals:

When evil things begin to happen to the two of you, ignorant people will be blaming it on witches in the village.

The evil things must start with you for quoting me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by dahmie2013: 5:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thank U Op!
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Praktikals(m): 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

The evil things must start with you for quoting me.
Repent or your blasphemy will attract evil to you.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Peteragan(m): 5:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
God called him the man after my heart becoz he did what an average mortal could not do,He was after his life and God intentional gave Saul to him and he refused to slain Gods Anointed one.To me that was when he found favour with God.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by ericanex(f): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2016
radiokilla:
ericanex, are you married?
why ask? you are a Catholic?
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by biz9ja(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Empowering
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Walexsammy(m): 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
David only did one hard thing that mostly no man can easily do, and that was not returning to same sin. once he sins, and confesses, he doesn't go back to such sin again, and that was why he was so unique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Grundig: 6:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
The above writeup is wrong wrong wrong.

David did almost everything wrong.
He killed, coveted another man's wife, disobeyed, lied etc

David recognised that his actions offended God. He knew how to get God's attention each time he floundered. He'd grovel endlessly. He'd sing praises, worship and dance uncontrollably till his cloths came off. It is for this reason he was labelled a man after God's heart

1 Like

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Thawarplay(m): 6:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
Playing hallelujah By Alexander Burke
That babe diss David
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
I know that curiosity kills a man but i cannot afford not to ask if you're married. If you happen to be then tell your man he is lucky. damn you are beautiful.
And yes, i'm a catholic - a staunch one.
ericanex:
why ask? you are a Catholic?

1 Like

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by ericanex(f): 6:41pm On Jun 19, 2016
radiokilla:
I know that curiosity kills a man but i cannot afford not to ask if you're married. If you happen to be then tell your man he is lucky. damn you are beautiful.
okay thanks
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 6:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
radiokilla:

Guy na beauty make her husband lucky so...
Nawa o
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by KingJahzmineKing(m): 6:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
NwaNimo1:
Story for the gods...
now she's saying morogo!
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jun 19, 2016
bros, i know my stuff.
Enezz:

Guy na beauty make her husband lucky so...
Nawa o
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Mezuzah(m): 7:33pm On Jun 19, 2016
My lord the king, a man after God's heart, the great Psalmist of Israel, a mighty man of Valour, the Slayer of Goliat the unseconcized Philistian. The son of Jesse,My Father the king

1 Like

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
David always acknowledge his weaknesses before the Lord and seek for forgiveness whenever he sin against God. He never argue of his short comings, thus seen as always humble before the Lord.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by seanblaise(m): 8:31pm On Jun 19, 2016
Everyone has sinned against God, but the main reason why God called David 'A man after my own heart ' is because David never committed any sin twice..
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by BermudaTriangle(m): 9:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 19, 2016
radiokilla:
bros, i know my stuff.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by ogaontop(m): 10:45pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=Interesting15 post=46708619]
David remained a role model to Christians in different dimensions. A common sherpherd who rose to become Israel's greatest king, this Patriarch is worthy of emulation by Christians today.

In the Bible, God repeatedly refer to David as a man after His own Heart. We are going to see some of the things he did that earned him that honorable divine title, alongside how we Christians today can become brothers and sisters after God's own heart too. I pray God open our understanding. Amen.

1. First of all, David won God's heart by keeping God's commandments 1 Kings 14: 8. David was a lover of God's law and he made God's law his close companion. When the children of Israel were yet to enter the promised land; years before David was born; God knew the children of Israel would demand for a king someday, and He gave them certain principles for kingship (Deuteronomy 17:14-20). One of the principles is that: 'it (the book of the law) shall be with him (the king), and he sh
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by thehomer: 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

And Solomon was a product of that evil relationship. Even his son Solomon (who is a bastard) was made king and he did not only marry 700 wives but was committing adultery with 300 women.

Tells you somethign about the types of people after God's own heart and therefore what sorts of things this God wants and likes.
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by thehomer: 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Praktikals:

And when evil things start happening to a knowledgeable person like yourself, will people blame it on those same witches in the village or on your God?
Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by jtjohn(m): 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Walexsammy:
David only did one hard thing that mostly no man can easily do, and that was not returning to same sin. once he sins, and confesses, he doesn't go back to such sin again, and that was why he was so unique
That's true.......

1 Like

Re: Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart? by oaroloye(m): 2:03pm On Feb 20, 2017
He taught more on MEDITATION in The Word of God than all other Prophets combined.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. / Brotherhood Of The Cross And Star / T. B Joshua At 55: The Story Behind His Glory Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.