Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

I Need A Visual Basic Code To Generate Random Reference Number - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need A Visual Basic Code To Generate Random Reference Number (1078 Views)

All You Need To Know About Visual Basic / I Need A Visual Game Programmer... / Invalid Database Object Reference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Visual Basic Code To Generate Random Reference Number by yutsuf(m): 7:56am On Jun 19, 2016
wanna write a program, asin design a software for my project as a computer Science student,........... and I'd like to write a program to book flight ticket and hotel space too if possible,

i need a code to generate reference number for every booked space.....
want to use the ref number in d database...
and will make it possible for people to recover their tickets with the ref number
Re: I Need A Visual Basic Code To Generate Random Reference Number by Fulaman198(m): 4:37pm On Jun 19, 2016
I have not programmed in visual basic forever so I can't tell you on the top of my head the syntax for random number generation. That is something you can Google.

What I would do personally is use a long to store the flight ticket number as when you think of booking flights sometimes you can have hundreds of thousands of people. I'm sorry if this is of no help to you. Best of luck on your capstone project. If this was an Android app that does the same thing or iOS app, I would have been able to help you.
Re: I Need A Visual Basic Code To Generate Random Reference Number by yutsuf(m): 5:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
having hundreds of people booking tickets is not the prob..... i av a database for that

can u teach me on how to build the Android app......
maybe I'll use that for the project.....

(1) (Reply)

The Best Way To Create A Module In Magento 2 / 8 Days Left You Want To Build A Career In Graphics Design? / Publish Your Android Game/App On Google Playstore Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.