Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

How Does One Hear From God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does One Hear From God? (709 Views)

How To Ask And Receive From God Always / Recommend Books On How To Hear From God / Condescending Phrase Atheist Hear From The Religious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Hear From God? by Goodplace: 8:30am On Jun 19, 2016
Many a time i have heard men of GOD saying God told them.... God SAID..... but i am really concerned about this because i would want GOD to speak to me. HOW DOES IT HAPPEN?
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 19, 2016
O boy God is not a talkative. Don't be confused with the funny religiousness of Nigerians and their so-called pastors. Every pastor is saying "the Lord said..the Lord said" every second. I always wonder in my mind that is this how cheap God's voice is? Fake and extortionist pastors confusing u ppl since 1990.

D God I know does not need much talk, his words are powerful. The bible said in ps 138:2 that God honors his word above his name and in ps 62:11 that once has God spoken, twice have I heard. Mayb d 2nd hearing is thru an echo. But he speaks only once. He's not a talkative and he doesn't have to be.

God speaks to you thru meditating on d word everyday. But I'm sure you don't even open the bible everyday talkless of expecting God to talk to you physically.

Don't get me wrong, there are some genuine men of God that God speaks to bcus they've trained themselves to that level of spirituality (though they're few, many are counterfeits). But if u check very well, even those few genuine ones don't say God speaks to them everyday or everytime they minister

GOD IS A GOD OF ACTION. HE WOULD RATHER ACT THAN TALK

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 19, 2016
Bible

Visions

Activities

Fellow human beings

Events.
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by ybalogs(m): 8:40am On Jun 19, 2016
God speaks to you everyday, you just don't realise it.
The fact that you feel the air around you and even enjoying it is part of the conversation. I'm sure you know the same air you breath and feel is a source of discomfort for some people.
As for God coming down to tell one pastor or Alfa to tell so and so person something, bro, nah big fat lie.
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by allanphash7(m): 9:26am On Jun 19, 2016
Phone call
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:39am On Jun 19, 2016
ITS SIMPLE. ..

IT DOESN'T HAPPEN!

1 Like

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by CltrAltDelicious(m): 10:23am On Jun 19, 2016
Since you know how to reach him can you help me with his/her/it contact info, me and him get yarn asap, I need a new laptop

1 Like

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by Hiswordxray(m): 12:29pm On Jun 19, 2016
God speaks, God always speaks and His word is living. If you want to hear God voice then you must develop an intimate relationship with God. You to know Him intimately in order to recognize His voice, for He always speak. Is just that you are not use to Him and you are to engross in things the have stop to from hearing Him.

To hear Him you must desire His voice more than any other thing, you must be ready to forsake anything just so you can hear His voice. It may take time but soon you would start hearing in voice everyday.

At some point I in my life I wondered why God talk too much but I later discovered that it is not that He keeps talk but that His word keep living. When you've come to know the person of His word then you would become acquitted with His voice. Just continue to pursue an intimate relationship with God.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by twosquare(m): 12:46pm On Jun 19, 2016
Goodplace:
Many a time i have heard men of GOD saying God told them.... God SAID..... but i am really concerned about this because i would want GOD to speak to me. HOW DOES IT HAPPEN?
God speak in many ways... Symbols/letters, audible voice, visions, dreams, angelic visitation, written word, inner voice, through other people (this one is often comes indirectly... You may think it's coincidence too but often, it isn't).

1 Like

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by shadeyinka(m): 8:21am On Jul 15, 2016
The language of the spirit is not physical. The senses involved are not usually your five senses although it could be. Communication is usually through your spiritband soul. For instance, YOUR conscience is the voice of your spirit.....

Hearing God, we all do...even unbelievers. The major problem is discernment.

1. Who is the one speaking?
(my mind?, my spirit?, demons?, God?...)
2. Through what means?
(my Dreams?, my mind?, my spirit?, scriptures?, events?, others?...)
3. What is the interpretation?
(Literal, Symbolic..)

We are too busy and earth conscious that even when we see and hear, they are all overwhelmed with the noise of distraction s.
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by terrezo2002(m): 12:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Goodplace:
Good question. First let me ask you. Do you love God's words? How much of His words do you take in daily? Do you enjoy and spend plenty of time in God's presence? Do you love obeying and doing God's will?
If you do all these things, God will be glad to speak to you because He knows you will obey, but if you disobey His commandments, don't expect to hear from Him because He does not talk for fun. May the Lord grant you the grace of total surrender in Jesus name
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by OgundeleT(m): 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2016
if anybody tell you he hear from one god please run. it is either he/she is a scammer or he/she is insane.
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by Niflheim(m): 6:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
@OP, you want "god" to talk to you? You need the following ingredients for that!!!

1.You need to know how to pretend/lie to people.

2.You need to know how to confuse your own personal desires with what this "so-called" god wants!!!

3.When god spoke to the Pope, the instruction was always, "Wage war and take their land!!!"

4.When god spoke to Joseph Smith, the instruction was, "Marry those 40 women with the soft nyash!!!"

1 Like

Re: How Does One Hear From God? by terrezo2002(m): 9:25pm On Jul 15, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP, you want "god" to talk to you? You need the following ingredients for that!!!

2.You need to know how to confuse your own personal desires with what this "so-called" god wants!!!

3.When god spoke to the Pope, the instruction was always, "Wage war and take their land!!!"

4.When god spoke to Joseph Smith, the instruction was, "Marry those 40 women with the soft nyash!!!"
do you always think before making comments or are you high on something?
Re: How Does One Hear From God? by NZAGHA(f): 9:55pm On Jul 15, 2016
Niflheim:

out of topic undecided

i dont think you read bfore commenting... Or do you do dat with ur an|_|s

(1) (Reply)

Why Didn't Jesus Wear Trousers? / . / Kenyan Muslims Can Wear Hijab At Christian Schools - Court Rules

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.