Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,132 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:03 AM

Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer (23010 Views)

What Phone Do You Use And How Long Does The Battery Last. / 8 Useful Tips To Make Any Android Phone Battery Last Longer / How Long Does Your Android Battery Last When Charged Full (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by meridian24: 9:35am On Jun 19, 2016
Nothing more painful and embarrassing like seeing your phone battery run down. We all can testify to the fact that dead or low battery(s) in our cell phones have caused a lot troubles. ( 15 Ways to Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer )

The good news is there are many ways to make your phone battery last longer than expected, thereby putting to stop the disappointments occasioned by dead cell phones.

We at Meridrian24 went on fact finding mission to fish out simple tips and tricks you can use to make your phone’s battery last longer.

Ways to Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer Than Expected

1. Avoid keeping your Phone in a hot or heated surface

Sounds strange? Yes we know !!!

Most smartphones have battery made of either Lithium ion or Lithium Polymer battery. These two elements used for production of cell phone batteries are badly affected when there are exposed to heat and this leads to drastic drain of the battery.

2. Use power saving mode

Recent Smartphones come with power saving mood to conserve your cell battery, this feature limits you to necessary functions like call, messages, time, contacts etc. It saves your battery up to 90%, releasing more power to your cell. So when you dont need internet service in your mobile phone put it in power saving mood.

3. Put off your phone from vibrate function

When your phone is on vibration it tends to use additional battery power. Save your battery by switching it off.

4. Lower the brightness

Phone brightness consumes 30% of your battery. Make your battery last longer by setting the screen brightness to auto so that it can adjust to indoor and outdoor lighting.

5. Switch off the GPS Tracking

Only use your GPS when navigation and location services are necessary. GPS tracking consumes a lot of energy, tracking your location via radio waves and satellites will surely give you a dead cell.

6. Always upgrade your Apps

Try as much as you can not to let your apps fall behind the times, Keep your apps updated. This helps in battery optimization thereby making your phone battery last longer. Erase the old apps to free up memory. All these saves battery.

7. Turn off all auto updates

Most smartphones especially iPhones try to keep you updated by automatically installing new version of apps when they come out. Visit the store of the device you are using to deactivate.

For more result on this visit http://www.meridian24.com/15-ways-to-make-your-phone-battery-last-longer/

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by dcommissioner: 12:04pm On Jun 19, 2016
tnx Guy

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Flashh: 12:47pm On Jun 19, 2016
I check playstore everyday to know any App is due for update.

But I don't still believe these.

2 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by osenbarak: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
thanks nice.one @ op
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Youngpo413: 11:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Use torchlight Nokia.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Samzack(m): 11:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Youngpo413:
Use torchlight Nokia.
Very simple

13 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by deewon56: 11:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please which type of battery saver app can I use to avoid drain battery?
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by kolexepana: 6:53am On Jun 21, 2016
deewon56:
Don't download any, it will worsen the situation

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Pyno30: 7:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Whichever way you do it,
it must surely die

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Harmored(m): 7:09am On Jun 21, 2016
kolexepana:

Don't download any, it will worsen the situation

NOT the battery saver for samsung

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2016
Reduce the rate at which you stream mojos.

5 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Pyno30: 7:10am On Jun 21, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
Ok
And na women de kill phone battery pass

4 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by gohzieh(m): 7:12am On Jun 21, 2016
Bb
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Nobody: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2016
Harmored:

NOT the battery saver for samsung
which is the battery saver for Samsung?
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by amoduganja: 7:12am On Jun 21, 2016
j
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by gohzieh(m): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2016
Some of the tips are true while others are just mere write up
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by badaoyeyemi(f): 7:14am On Jun 21, 2016
Pyno30:
And na women de kill phone battery pass
In wah way ooo undecided

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Avatar(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2016
Download Greenify from the play store and hibernate RAM hugging apps such as Facebook and messenger. More RAM consumption = Battery Drain.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by ademega(m): 7:15am On Jun 21, 2016
battery and front page....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Sharon6(f): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2016
Nice tips. Thanks for sharing.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS.. CHECK MY SIGNATURE.
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by darlingtonIIV(m): 7:17am On Jun 21, 2016
just get a power bank
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by BlindAngel: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
Abeg eee, if u do all nor do all this ones he go still die jooor.
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Stellamariss(f): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
pls am finding it so difficult to download app.from my playstore.since yesterday I keep on downloading it .up till now it still writing downloading.someone should help me
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Immality(m): 7:19am On Jun 21, 2016
Nice write up OP. Noted...
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by ademoladeji(m): 7:23am On Jun 21, 2016
8. Ladies, stop charging and chatting concurrently

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Emmaoga: 7:24am On Jun 21, 2016
deewon56:

don't try it.

buy one smartphone and a Nokia torchlight phone.

put your main SIM card in d Nokia torchlight phone and d other SIM to that of d smartphone .

you will not complain of battery problem again.

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Proffdada: 7:26am On Jun 21, 2016
Restrict background data mode
Close all apps when not in use cool

3 Likes

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Youngpo413: 7:27am On Jun 21, 2016
Download Greenify from the play store and hibernate RAM hugging apps such as Facebook and messenger. More RAM consumption = Battery Drain.
and donations package to do the task wella.
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by RitzyPrince(m): 7:29am On Jun 21, 2016
Why do all that, when there's a simple solution? Buy a Genuine Power Bank of Like 10,000mah!!
Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Youngpo413: 7:29am On Jun 21, 2016
Stellamariss:
pls am finding it so difficult to download app.from my playstore.since yesterday I keep on downloading it .up till now it still writing downloading.someone should help me
are you using airtel 2G data plan?

1 Like

Re: Ways To Make Your Phone Battery Last Longer by Sirmuel1(m): 7:39am On Jun 21, 2016
Thank you

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hacked Netflix App And My Missing Money / 6 Reasons Why Nigerians Choose Android Phones Over Iphone / Carlcare Service Ng: We're Back On Nairaland!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.