Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:27 AM

After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court (9114 Views)

Poll: Was she acting?

Yes (for sympathy): 71% (83 votes)
No (serious malaria): 28% (33 votes)
This poll has ended

BREAKING: Olorogun Felix Ibru Is Dead / Ikem ​bridge Collapses And Cuts Off Enugu, Benue, Ebonyi Communities (Photos) / Cecilia Ibru Turns Evangelist, Relocates To Her Village (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by kech(f): 5:07am On Sep 01, 2009
By Francis Ugwoke, 09.01.2009 - THISDAY NEWSPAPERS

The former Chief Executive Officer of Oceanic International Bank Plc, Mrs. Cecilia Ibru, collapsed yesterday in court after battling mosquitoes in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commis-sion (EFCC) where she spent last weekend.

Ibru had surrendered herself to the EFCC last Wednesday at the commission’s Lagos office and rather than release her after interrogation, she was detained throughout the weekend.

The former Oceanic Bank CEO slept on a mattress in a four-wall room in EFCC detention camp.

Ibru’s lawyer told THISDAY last night that because of lack of power and the fact that EFCC had no diesel for its generator, at 7pm most days the former Oceanic boss’ room would normally be infested with mosquitoes.

Although Ibru was with her doctor, Major-General Gabriel Ovadje (rtd), in detention, the doctor was, however, restricted to the waiting area downstairs, a heartbeat away from the detention room.

Efforts by the doctor to get the EFCC officials to make diesel available for the generator yielded no fruit as they were said to have insisted they had no such brief.

The former Oceanic CEO who has been married to Olorogun Michael Ibru for close to 45 years is used to comfort.

Ibru, who all along appeared stressed up, suddenly collapsed in the dock after 18 of the 25-count charge had been read to her.

The development, which caused panic in the court, stalled proceedings for about 10 minutes before her doctor, who had accompanied her to the court, attended to her and certified her fit to continue with the trial. 

EFCC could not be reached last night to react to the lack of power at their detention centre on Awolowo Road, Ikoyi.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=153288
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by mystikal(m): 5:55am On Sep 01, 2009
eh ya!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Goldmind1(m): 7:54am On Sep 01, 2009
Abeg make she no die there.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by GoldCircle: 8:03am On Sep 01, 2009
These mosquitoes ehn! Dem no dey get respect sef! dats why I like Baygon o! Her Doctor & family members for buy her mosquito coil or baygon now!

See now. . . Malaria is lurking. . . grin grin grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Bolarge(m): 8:39am On Sep 01, 2009
Welcome to the REAL world. grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by chrisical(m): 9:04am On Sep 01, 2009
GoldCircle:

These mosquitoes ehn! Dem no dey get respect sef! dats why I like Baygon o! Her Doctor & family members for buy her mosquito coil or baygon now!

See now. . . Malaria is lurking. . . grin grin grin

No she needs new morteeeeeeiiin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by DeepSoul(f): 9:39am On Sep 01, 2009
I'm torn between feeling sorry for her and sayig "Welcome to the real world"

I'm so torn I'll just say nothing lipsrsealed
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by salinco(m): 9:54am On Sep 01, 2009
Kai na wa 4 this Sanusi man oooo
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Ibime(m): 12:26pm On Sep 01, 2009
Cecelia Ibru is a bloody liar.

Mosquitoes ke?

Abi them give her malaria?

Malaria has a 6 week ingestion period. If Cecelia Ibru was battling mosquitoes last weekend, I expect she will not be ill till mid-October.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by aieromon(m): 12:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
She's used to comfort?
Does she mess.in.g think i enjoy sleepin' at nite without power supply?
Gimme a break,jare undecided
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by proudly9ja(m): 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2009
aieromon:

She's used to comfort?
Does she mess.in.g think i enjoy sleepin' at nite without power supply?
Gimme a break,jare undecided

and how is it he fault that you sleep without power supply?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by otokx(m): 1:15pm On Sep 01, 2009
she go faint she go wake like cock.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by honeric01(m): 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2009
just because she slept for inside room with no light and bodyguards which happens to be mosquitoes, she dey collapse, just for how many days? one day abi 2? we have more than 40million Nigerians that live with mosquitoes and darkness, yet they are the ones that smile the most,

ibru welcome to the real world,
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
Regardless of her crime, while she is detained I hope the fed govt fully understands that they are responsible for her well- being.
There is no need to make any unnecessary mistake at this point, they must obey the human rights and treat her with respect. She should be provided with any necessary medical attention if that is what she wants or needs.
Nobody is guilty until proven guilty in the court of law.

I think this is the only way Nigeria will witness positive outcome.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by youngies(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
Depilot:

Regardless of her crime, while she is detained I hope the fed govt fully understands that they are responsible for her well- being.
This is indisputable, the FG is already doing that.

There is no need to make any unnecessary mistake at this point, they must obey the human rights and treat her with respect. She should be provided with any necessary medical attention if that is what she wants or needs.
I fail to get the import of this your statement.
Which unnecessary mistake are you talking about?
Treat her with respect? How then shall we treat the depositors who own the monies that has been mismanaged?

She has been indicted and soon will be proved guilty
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
We should learn one or two things from the past.
If positive outcome is what we are wishing for, we must then stop acting like lawless barbarians and encourage fed govt not to miss a single step in prosecuting all these people.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by bawomolo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 01, 2009
Ibru, who all along appeared stressed up, suddenly collapsed in the dock after 18 of the 25-count charge had been read to her.

this is the real reason.   cheesy

and the oscar goes to ,
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by youngies(m): 2:08pm On Sep 01, 2009
Depilot:

We should learn one or two things from the past.
If positive outcome is what we are wishing for, we must then stop acting like [b]lawless barbarians [/b]and encourage fed govt not to miss a single step in prosecuting all these people.

In this case so far, at what point has the FG acted like lawless barbarians?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 2:11pm On Sep 01, 2009
we must then stop acting like lawless barbarians and encourage fed govt not to miss a single step in prosecuting all these people.

Pay attention, please!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by MrCrackles(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2009
undecided
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by jamace(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2009
cheesy grin cheesy grin grin Agidigbo o o o o o o o o o!!!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by DisGuy: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2009
why do these people always get sick when it comes to court cases?

All of a sudden the require medical treatment abroad

I can just see her lawyer asking for her international passport to be released
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by chidichris(m): 2:52pm On Sep 01, 2009

I think this is the only way Nigeria will witness positive outcome.

@Depilot,
you opinion here reflects and represents your location - war torn zone with radical minded individuals undergoing physical and physicological reconstructions.
what makes u think obj did not reap the fruits of his labour when abacha sent him to jail? if such a woman made moves that will send many nigerians back to square one, why do u think she is not reaping the fruit of her labour?
she shld be rejoicing that this is nigeria and not a country like china otherwise, we will be discussing her soul resting in peace and peices.
you must be reminded that the majority of poor suffering nigerains are praying and crying unto God on daily basis and the only way God will answer to these prayers will be putting confussion among these criminals so that they can begin to within within their gangs.

@topic,
fainting is never a solution. she must learn to stand up to the things she believe in. if i be a judge, i will design special punishments for unnecessary faintings in our law courts.
if those of us who are suffering because of their carelessness and wickedness are not fainting, why will beneficiaries faint?
Mouris ibekwe'(okwele holdings) was refused medical attention while he was in efcc costudy and died afterwards hence i call on the fg and efcc to do same to all these fainting groups.
this fainting to me could be another skillful means of running away from the law as she will definitely ask for a medical trip abroad.
if there will be any form of medical attention, let it be in one of our empty hospitals.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nigerians are confused.
Back in those days when Ribadu arrested and treated corrupt government officials like shit, these are the same Nigerians that cried foul play. And till today this confusion or unstable state of mind of Nigerians has placed most of these cases in disarray.
When are we going to learn that rofurofu doesn't produce anything fruitful?

I honestly believe that mistreating these people will only produce another unfavorable outcome just like in the past. And poor invisible Nigerians will continue to cry louder than yesterday.
So, why can't we promote taking the right steps and stop thinking backward?

Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by youngies(m): 3:43pm On Sep 01, 2009
@Depliot
Who among the present crop of arrested goons has been mistreated by the State so far?

Are you by any means advocating that we treat them like celebrities?

Should EFCC remand Cecilia in Transcorp Hilton instead of EFCC detention camp or Ikoyi prison?

Should the EFCC make special arrangement to provide power and also air-conditions in their facility just because Cecelia, Okey, Sebastien and the rest are residing there temporarily?

What are you on about on this mistreatment?
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by 9ja4eva: 3:47pm On Sep 01, 2009
Dis Guy:

why do these people always get sick when it comes to court cases?

All of a sudden the require medical treatment abroad

I can just see her lawyer asking for her international passport to be released

She just needs to know what the masses go through.I think she can't accept what is happening.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by atilla(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
When she was signing the cheques for hundreds of millions abi billions of Naira through her bank, was she fainting pscheeeew
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by deb(m): 3:48pm On Sep 01, 2009
How else do you draw sympathy? looking energetic, confident with all smiles on your face?
Lai lai, you gatto fall down and collapse that way the public will feel sorry for you. Abeg!
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Remii(m): 3:51pm On Sep 01, 2009
Na their way, very soon she would need urgent medical attention abroad. grin grin grin
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by ichommy(m): 3:56pm On Sep 01, 2009
ehhh yaaaa grin make she no die oooooooooooooo
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by maedan(f): 3:57pm On Sep 01, 2009
Don't they sell mosquito repellent in the market again?? What kind of doctor is that who doesn't know how to take preventive measures for his client? That said, this is the real world and madam millionaire has to get used to it - for the now at least. But what a shame for such an illustrious family to have their name dragged into the mud, thanks to the power-mad wifey tongue.
Re: After A Weekend With Mosquitoes, Cecilia Ibru Collapses In Court by Depilot(m): 4:05pm On Sep 01, 2009
If she is guilty she should be punished, but at the same time fed govt must acknowledge human rights law or else this case will result into another rat race scenario.

@youngies: do you know that her lawyers are wishing for this lady to be mistreated?
All I'm saying is for the fed govt to pay attention to the past and follow all necessary steps to avoid mistakes.

If Balogun and Alams cases were handled correctly, both parties would have still be eating beans today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram: FG Looks To China For More Weapons / Anambra Governorship Election: The Power Of Women In Decision Making / New First Lady Of Imo State Is 30 Year-old Lawyer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.