Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday (990 Views)

Saturday Or Sunday? Which One Is The Real Sabbath Day As Stated In The Bible? / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? / THE SABBATH ÐAÝ: Saturday Or Sunday? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 12:08pm On Jun 19, 2016
I've been wondering about this for so many times.
According to the bible, it says remember the sabbath day and keep it holy.

I now want to ask, is the sabbath day saturday or sunday, and are we christians of nowadays keeping it Holy as it should be kept?

Guys I need your opinion
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by GloriaNinja(f): 12:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Saturday
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by femolakasta89(m): 12:28pm On Jun 19, 2016
Saturday is the Sabbath day.
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by Topestbilly(m): 12:35pm On Jun 19, 2016
Saturday but the Rome-catholic changed it...
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by MrJonny(m): 1:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
SaturdaySaturdaySaturday
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 1:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
femolakasta89:
Saturday is the Sabbath day.
But y are we having services on sunday
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 1:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
MrJonny:
SaturdaySaturdaySaturday
But are we keeping it Holy as the bible said
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 3:44pm On Jun 19, 2016
Guys, more opinions
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by MrJonny(m): 5:25pm On Jun 19, 2016
haydeey:
But are we keeping it Holy as the bible said
I do. that's why I'm a seventh day adventisT

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 8:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
MrJonny:

I do. that's why I'm a seventh day adventisT
Does holding services on saturday mean we are keeping it holy?
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by TheLegal(m): 9:17pm On Jun 19, 2016
Saturday is the Sabbath day...but the Holy Catholic Church, by its power given to it by the Holy Spirit and in communion with all the saints in heaven, changed the worship day to Sunday because our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead on Sunday. Even the Holy Spirit descended on the apostles on Sunday.
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by MrJonny(m): 10:32pm On Jun 19, 2016
haydeey:

Does holding services on saturday mean we are keeping it holy?

There is more to it. I don't 'just attend services' on Saturdays. I worship on Saturdays and I do a lot more
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 9:55am On Jun 20, 2016
TheLegal:
Saturday is the Sabbath day...but the Holy Catholic Church, by its power given to it by the Holy Spirit and in communion with all the saints in heaven, changed the worship day to Sunday because our Lord Jesus Christ rose from the dead on Sunday. Even the Holy Spirit descended on the apostles on Sunday.
Hmm. Getting to understand
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 9:58am On Jun 20, 2016
MrJonny:

There is more to it. I don't 'just attend services' on Saturdays. I worship on Saturdays and I do a lot more
I think I will worship there one day.

But is it wrong to open shops on Saturday?
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by MrJonny(m): 10:05am On Jun 20, 2016
haydeey:

I think I will worship there one day.

But is it wrong to open shops on Saturday?

Please do you will feel amazingly different each day you keep that holy day.

God said 'Six days shalt thou labor and do all thine work but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God''.... so that day all we do from Fridays sundown to Saturdays sundown is worship. HOURS totally dedicated to God.

sabbath as a word means rest. so you rest from your labour and worship your creator. so, You don't have to open your shop...
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 10:32am On Jun 20, 2016
MrJonny:

Please do you will feel amazingly different each day you keep that holy day.
God said 'Six days shalt thou labor and do all thine work but the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God''.... so that day all we do from Fridays sundown to Saturdays sundown is worship. HOURS totally dedicated to God.
sabbath as a word means rest. so you rest from your labour and worship your creator. so, You don't have to open your shop...
Thanks bro.
God bless you
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by CAPSLOCKED: 10:59am On Jun 20, 2016
undecided
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by MrJonny(m): 2:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
haydeey:
Thanks bro. God bless you

it's my pleasure Bro
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by haydeey(m): 10:21pm On Jun 25, 2016
More opinions please.
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by lastkingsman: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2016
TheLegal:

Na lie
Re: Which Day Is The Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday by femolakasta89(m): 2:53pm On Jun 16, 2017
TheLegal:
Blatant lie. Tell me the Bible verse that gave you the power? God observed the day, blessed and hallowed it.

(1) (Reply)

Who Can Refer Me To A Very Strong Man Of God For A Deliverance / Pastor W.F Kumuyi storms Abuja National Stadium for Supernatural Wonders part 2 / Examples Of Watchtower Misquotes, Lies & Deception: Lying About 1914

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.