Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:20 AM

The Salvation Plan - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Salvation Plan (12401 Views)

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salvation Plan by Domislaz(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Please when and where did Adam apologize? Has "Adam" ever apologized? Haven't you seen a lot of "ADAMS" on this forum who are refusing to Apologize? I don't know the way some people reason. If I talk now, them go say I don insult person. Make I comot for here O, before I chop ban.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 3:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
WarRLaY:
I went to ekiti state with my dad, then we met a prophetess .. immediately she did her prayer stuff which I didn't even replied with amen, she told us the reason we came and how my dad enemy wanted to kill him 3yrs ago, ( actually 3yrs ago, my dad told us while he was sleeping he felt something strange like a sharp object in his body and immediately he woke up , he had pissed on his body, then he was building a structure in his hometown - he was not okay for like 3 months so he prayed and fasted and he was okay ) so the prophetess said a close relative fired an arrow to him spiritually that "is he the only 1 that will be building houses" .. so after she closed my dad chapter , she told me about not close to God and stuff like that.. my atheism was already fading away ...
The prophetess is almost certainly a professional magician/fraudster. Magicians can use a combination of two techniques to give you the impression that God told them things about you: cold reading and hot reading.

Cold reading involves saying things that are likely to be true based on their observation of how you talk, what you're wearing, tribe/gender, what you said earlier, etc, reading your body language to confirm the ones that happen to be right and then leading you to supply the details yourself without realising it. Then they use those details you supplied to come up with more related 'revelations' using the same process.

The prophetess said your dad's "enemy" tried to kill him 3 years ago, then your dad filled in the details, "it must have been the time I was constructing a building and I fell sick for 3 months". Then on the basis of your dad's information, she came up with the believable explanation that the reason your dad's enemy tried to kill him is because the enemy was jealous of your dad's house. It's quite easy to fool people.

How did the prophetess know that you are not close to God? Well, you said that you didn't even say amen to her prayers. That's how.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlGBXCpGgns

Hot reading involves doing some research on you. Asking other people about you, etc. Then they feed the information to you as a revelation.

then she held a bible and a big key (not modern keys) , and inserted the key at the middle of the bible in a way that the key head is outside the bible , then she will hold the key at the top, (the reviewing part outside) and ask questions just like the normal oracle stuff.. she tells the bible to rotate to the right if something is true.. I was shocked .. I kept looking at her hand if she was not the 1 rotating it herself .. she give bible to my dad to hold, and ask questions about the future, in a way like (example : if seun's gf is his real wife , rotate right then she will command it to rotate left again "in Yoruba language" ) and the bible will rotate ... I just kept looking at the bible ..my knowledge in physics could not rescue or tell my why the bible was rotating, I kept my eyes close to it , anytime it's rotate
That's a cheap magic trick. I've seen more impressive tricks on Youtube. Did you really think Almighty God was rotating a bible for her??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by Omooba77: 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

The prophetess is almost certainly a professional magician/fraudster. Magicians can use a combination of two techniques to give you the impression that God told them things about you: cold reading and hot reading.

Cold reading involves saying things that are likely to be true based on their observation of your dressing, how you talk, what you're wearing, tribe/gender, what you said earlier, etc, reading your body language to confirm the ones that happen to be right and then leading you to supply the details yourself without realising it. Then they use those details you supplied to come up with more related 'revelations' using the same process.

The prophetess said your dad's "enemy" tried to kill him 3 years ago, then your dad filled in the details, "it must have been the time I was constructing a building and I fell sick for 3 months". Then on the basis of your dad's information, she came up with the believable explanation that the reason your dad's enemy tried to kill him is because the enemy was jealous of your dad's house. It's quite easy to fool people.

How did the prophetess know that you are not close to God? Well, you said that you didn't even say amen to her prayers. That's how.

Hot reading involves doing some research on you. Asking other people about you, etc. Then they feed the information to you as a revelation.

That's a cheap magic trick. I've seen more far impressive tricks on Youtube. Did you really think Almighty God was rotating a bible for her??

There are real prophets my brother. God can use as well.Anything that has original must definitely has fake.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 4:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
DuchessLily:
At the bolded - in an alternate realilty the man didn't answer in that way ... If he had, the story would have ended there I'm sure.... But in the man's egocentricity (as it is with men usually ) he said " ...... its the woman U gave me...... "
Another alternate reality:

And [God] said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

Then the Lord God said to the woman, “What is this you have done?”

The woman said, “The serpent deceived me, and I ate.”

"It's my fault", said the Lord God. "I shouldn't have given the serpent the power of speech. And for what purpose did I even create that tree?"

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by urahara(m): 4:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

And [God] said, “Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?”

The man said, “The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it.”

"It's my fault", said the Lord God. "I shouldn't have given the serpent the power of speech. And for what purpose did I even create that tree?"

Lmao grin
Re: The Salvation Plan by cloudgoddess(f): 5:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

Re: The Salvation Plan by malvisguy212: 5:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
God created the first human couple and placed them in a garden with a talking snake and a tree that they were never to eat from. The talking snake convinced them to eat from the tree. For this, God cursed them and all human babies that would ever be born. Centuries later, God made a pact with a small tribe of shepherds in the desert - the jews. He would be their God if they followed his very strict laws.

God was surprised that the jewish pact didn't cause God to forgive all human beings, so thousands of years later, God prepared a new plan. God would impregnate a virgin, and she would give birth to God. God would grow up to be crucified for calling himself the Son of God. God's brutal murder by humanity would pay for humanity's sins against God. Then God would rise again after 3 days but only appear privately to his followers, proving that God was indeed the Son of God. Then God would chill for 30 days as God's followers met in a closed room, and afterwards God would descend on them in little flames of fire and cause them to preach God's good news in many languages.

Because of God's sacrifice, God would forgive any person who believed that God died for humanity's sins against God. After death, God would send the believers to a place where they would spend all eternity telling God how awesome he is. God would throw those who didn't believe this story or were not told about it into a lake of fire where they would be burnt alive for all eternity, demonstrating God's justice and love.

In an alternate reality, God said, "I'm angry that you ate from the tree". Adam and Eve said, "sorry sir". God said, "ok I forgive you". The end.
you don't know what you are saying, you're lost.
Re: The Salvation Plan by ritababe(f): 5:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
stephenmorris:
she deceived you with ordinary tricks and you believed, you where not an atheist but a confused soul ,if she really has magical power let her fly or disappear in your presence or turn a chair to animal ,I will advice you to watch the movie now you see me''''

God do not do miracles to please but rather to save.
Re: The Salvation Plan by ritababe(f): 5:46pm On Jun 20, 2016
don't worry seun God will soon touch you, you should try and get married it will heal you from your atheism.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
malvisguy212:
you don't know what you are saying, you're lost.
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by cashflowpc(m): 6:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." Luke 6:37

lmao! seun ooooo!
Re: The Salvation Plan by malvisguy212: 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
so, what you wrote in the op, are you condemning someone belief or are you judging ? Tell me, what is it you don't understand concerning salvation ?

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by cashflowpc(m): 6:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

lmao!
Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

Funny how you quote a book you despise and critique so much to make a point. Hypocritical right?

2 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by Funjosh(m): 7:05pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

Seun cheesy
Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

That's a cheap magic trick. I've seen more far impressive tricks on Youtube. Did you really think Almighty God was rotating a bible for her??

maybe she used the cold reading or maybe not, am in a state of being confused and I won't like to conclude base on dogmatism.. bcus after the short prayer .. she said God saved my dad 3yrs ago that the enemy tried to kill him, that was when my dad started revealing what really happened to him 3yrs ago.. *About the rotating bible, I thought and still think the holy spirit rotated the bible .. but do you think God does not exist ?
Re: The Salvation Plan by Antiparticle(m): 8:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
Why does God refuse to heal amputees? Are they not worthy of being healed?
Why doesn't your prophetess reveal the location of the Chibok girls? Why won't she provide the universal cure for HIV/AIDS? Why won't she provide the universal cure for sickle cell anemia and cancer? Why do we have to depend on biomedical scientists to come up with the permanent cure for infectious diseases? Why won't your prophetess demonstrate the power of God by solving these problems that plague humanity? Why did we need scientists to invent penicillin, antiretrovirals, antibiotics, and other drugs? Why has God refused to use his prophets and prophetesses to solve these real problems?

Why is your prophetess only demonstrating tricks that a good magician can perform? Why hasn't your prophetess universally cured Ebola as a demonstration of God's power? Please answer these questions.
WarRLaY:
maybe she used the cold reading or maybe not, am in a state of being confused and I won't like to conclude base on dogmatism.. bcus after the short prayer .. she said God saved my dad 3yrs ago that the enemy tried to kill him, that was when my dad started revealing what really happened to him 3yrs ago.. *About the rotating bible, I thought and still think the holy spirit rotated the bible .. but do you think God does not exist ?

5 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by Rilwayne001: 9:07pm On Jun 20, 2016
WarRLaY:
*About the rotating bible, I thought and still think the holy spirit rotated the bible ..

Holy spirit rotates the Bible? Lol! For what reason or purpose do you think the Bible is being rorated?

If you ask me, I see no purpose really. Seems more like a very poor magic that you couldn't notice. Smh.
Re: The Salvation Plan by urahara(m): 9:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
WarRLaY:
Mr seun , I was an atheist few years ago ... it all started when I wanted to study the word of God myself (Holy Bible), suddenly I started questioning and my atheism grew fasters with the catalyst of nairaland religions section then I felt i was not alone, fast forward to last year, I went to ekiti state with my dad, then we met a prophetess .. immediately she did her prayer stuff which I didn't even replied with amen, she told us the reason we came and how my dad enemy wanted to kill him 3yrs ago, ( actually 3yrs ago, my dad told us while he was sleeping he felt something strange like a sharp object in his body and immediately he woke up , he had pissed on his body, then he was building a structure in his hometown - he was not okay for like 3 months so he prayed and fasted and he was okay ) [b]so the prophetess said a close relative fired an arrow to him s[/b]piritually that "is he the only 1 that will be building houses" .. so after she closed my dad chapter , she told me about not close to God and stuff like that.. my atheism was already fading away ... then she held a bible and a big key (not modern keys) , and inserted the key at the middle of the bible in a way that the key head is outside the bible , then she will hold the key at the top, (the reviewing part outside) and ask questions just like the normal oracle stuff.. she tells the bible to rotate to the right if something is true.. I was shocked .. I kept looking at her hand if she was not the 1 rotating it herself .. she give bible to my dad to hold, and ask questions about the future, in a way like (example : if seun's gf is his real wife , rotate right then she will command it to rotate left again "in Yoruba language" ) and the bible will rotate ... I just kept looking at the bible ..my knowledge in physics could not rescue or tell my why the bible was rotating, I kept my eyes close to it , anytime it's rotate .. ever since then my atheism belief was no where to be found, not that i can't reason logically again but I have evidence of God existence and am still not an extremist.. I pray to God quietly and hope to make heaven, I have stopped questioning and diverted that energy to something else maybe it could help humanity later on.. I think what we should campaign about is the limited time we have here on earth, to make the world a beautiful place and make Africa great

Na lie no be ur daddys relative , na oliver queen grin
Re: The Salvation Plan by urahara(m): 9:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
stephenmorris:
she deceived you with ordinary tricks and you believed, you where not an atheist but a confused soul ,if she really has magical power let her fly or disappear in your presence or turn a chair to animal ,I will advice you to watch the movie now you see me''''

Baba , ur head dey there there. wink.

That movie was made to thoroughly debunk the belief that magic is real.

Funny enough most of these magician s admit that they do nothing but clever tricks

4 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by zyzxx(m): 9:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

Cold reading involves saying things that are likely to be true based on their observation of how you talk, what you're wearing, tribe/gender, what you said earlier, etc, reading your body language to confirm the ones that happen to be right and then leading you to supply the details yourself without realising it. Then they use those details you supplied to come up with more related 'revelations' using the same process.

That's a cheap magic trick. I've seen more impressive tricks on Youtube. Did you really think Almighty God was rotating a bible for her??

Romans 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: 1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by urahara(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
WarRLaY:

Bros i envy you o , god is rotating ur bible but meanwhile..........

3 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by urahara(m): 9:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
Its such a pity for this people that God's priority is to spin bible . good luck for them

3 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 10:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
.he knows what he's saying you are clearly lost. we don't need a prophet to reveal that.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 10:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

You seem to know the bible well... so what happened along the line?
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 10:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:

"almost certainly"..... all you put there about the woman is your mere speculation from your bedroom. you didn't even put your feet in his shoes talk less walking in them.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 11:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
sonofthunder:
.he knows what he's saying you are clearly lost. we don't need a prophet to reveal that
Don't you think it is hypocritical to disobey the very book that you are trying to defend?

sonofthunder:

"almost certainly"..... all you put there about the woman is your mere speculation from your bedroom.
This is a valid criticism. Why am I "almost certain" that this woman I've never met is a trickster? I guess it's because I have watched so many documentaries about "miracles" that turned out to not be miracles at all on close examination. I didn't think this case would be the exception.

you didn't even put your feet in his shoes talk less walking in them.
I didn't understand this part. Are you saying that it's cruel to tell him the truth about an experience that brought him comfort?

sonofthunder:
You seem to know the bible well... so what happened along the line?
I studied it too much? The best way to keep your faith is to read only the bible verses your pastor and daily devotionals direct you to read.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by braithwaite(m): 11:24pm On Jun 20, 2016

With time..people will begin to think without any reference on religious books
One of the things that is wrong with religion is that it teaches to be satisfied with answers which are not really answers at all

I find the idea of salvation rather funny. wouldnt it be easier to assume that our soul mixes up with the universe after death, but that does not answer why we feel conscious like we've always existed. Since I can imagine what oblivion feels like.why is it so hard for religious folks just doubt everything for a month ,and Find thier light.

Think think think..
I simply can't build my Faith on a foundation of confusion, misery fable and myth ,unanswered questions and all..Religion has been the real impotence for the human mind,to deal with occurrences it cannot understand..you don't understand,yet you scared to ask questions.. why? Cox youll be sinning against God..

Please think

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Salvation Plan by karleone(m): 11:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seun:
The best way to keep your faith is to read only the bible verses your pastor and daily devotionals direct you to read.

The best way to preserve your faith is to study the scriptures in the light of faith and understanding it in accordance with the teachings of the church.

If you tell me you've read the entire verses of the bible without it guiding you in faith, then I'll tell you you just read for reading sake.

There's only one end for every theist and atheist - death! Until an atheist dies, s/he will never understand the Goodness of God [that he failed to believe in].

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 12:09am On Jun 21, 2016
PAUL SAY U ARE SAVED BY SALVATION JESUS SAY U ARE NOT THATS Y PAUL CONTRADICT JESUS A LOT I WONDER WERE PAUL GET HIS TEACHINGS FROM??
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 12:09am On Jun 21, 2016
Seun:
Don't you think it is hypocritical to disobey the very book that you are trying to defend?

This is a valid criticism. Why am I "almost certain" that this woman I've never met is a trickster? I guess it's because I have watched so many documentaries about "miracles" that turned out to not be miracles at all on close examination. I didn't think this case would be the exception.

I didn't understand this part. Are you saying that it's cruel to tell him the truth about an experience that brought him comfort?

I studied it too much? The best way to keep your faith is to read only the bible verses your pastor and daily devotionals direct you to read.
@first quote... he's not being hypocritical... read Ezekiel 3 from verse 17 and Ezekiel 33...

@2nd quote... this close examination, was it just analysis of what you saw on screen or you made attempts to meet such people that had such miracles, trace their medical records, interview people who actually know them/lived with them/families?

@third quote... truth? at this point there's no truth. your truth is truth for you and his truth is truth for him. BTW whose report should we believe:
-You who made conclusion and generalization and conclusion from hear say, his experience which was probably not having all details, (you have no idea the size of the bible, key, if he tried to look out for a tread, amount of light in the room etc. what you put there is nothing but a guess) or
-His own report of his own first hand experience whereby he himself sought reasons to disbelieve what was happening before him but couldn't?
make yourself the third party and judge.

@fourth quote... Lol. you were almost correct but not just quite there.
too much? was it with objectivity? why the study at all? what were you seeking from the Bible then?
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 12:11am On Jun 21, 2016

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Peter Obi At World Peace Day At Holy Cross Cathedral, Lagos / What's The Difference Between A Gospel Minister And A Gospel Artist Or Singer? / How Satan Exploits You And Your Prayer Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.