Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,910 members, 7,806,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

The Salvation Plan - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Salvation Plan (12415 Views)

The Sacrificial System, A Perfect Mate Of The Salvation Work Of Jesus Christ / Mad Man 'healed' By Salvation Ministry Is Back To The Street - Freeze Reacts / Do Not Allow The Salvation Granted You By God To Slip Away From Your Hands (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Salvation Plan by taurus25(m): 1:17am On Jun 21, 2016
The way christians make complete mockery of their god is astonishing, so god is probably very bored out of his mind that he had nothing better to do than to use his holy book as truth detector. Various magicians have walked on water literally , and they themselves would tell you that it is fake.

I believe if I could just master a few magic tricks, I would prey on gullibility of many religious folks. Like that would make you a fortune in this part of the world

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 3:19am On Jun 21, 2016
hmm S eun is that you preaching... wink
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 4:45am On Jun 21, 2016
karleone:

The best way to preserve your faith is to study the scriptures in the light of faith and understanding it in accordance with the teachings of the church.

If you tell me you've read the entire verses of the bible without it guiding you in faith, then I'll tell you you just read for reading sake.

There's only one end for every theist and atheist - death! Until an atheist dies, s/he will never understand the Goodness of God [that he failed to believe in].

So tell me wise one... how many atheists do u know that have died and discovered the goodness of this your God? Or are u just repeating ur wishes?
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 4:51am On Jun 21, 2016
sonofthunder:

@first quote... he's not being hypocritical... read Ezekiel 3 from verse 17 and Ezekiel 33...

@2nd quote... this close examination, was it just analysis of what you saw on screen or you made attempts to meet such people that had such miracles, trace their medical records, interview people who actually know them/lived with them/families?

@third quote... truth? at this point there's no truth. your truth is truth for you and his truth is truth for him. BTW whose report should we believe:
-You who made conclusion and generalization and conclusion from hear say, his experience which was probably not having all details, (you have no idea the size of the bible, key, if he tried to look out for a tread, amount of light in the room etc. what you put there is nothing but a guess) or
-His own report of his own first hand experience whereby he himself sought reasons to disbelieve what was happening before him but couldn't?
make yourself the third party and judge.

@fourth quote... Lol. you were almost correct but not just quite there.
too much? was it with objectivity? why the study at all? what were you seeking from the Bible then?

Seriously, I don't get your point.. do you think the holy spirit actually turned the Bible?

Let me ask you... do you think people should just believe anything they hear, especially when the stories are suspicious?

Dont you think it's better to doubt until you see?

Did you read the thread on how jagbaje healed a HIV patient? I am sure many gullible Christians believed.

Did you see how his 'God ordained" miracle was debunked?
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 4:55am On Jun 21, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
I have never seen Seun create a thread against muslims.......it has always been the christians!
undecided undecided

leave us alonecrycrycrycrycry

Why do you need to see Seun create a thread against Muslims... do you think the muslim believe is a ridiculous as the Christian believe and so needs to be ridiculed too?...........

Ya... I think so too bro.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Antina(f): 6:00am On Jun 21, 2016
Seun:
God created the first human couple and placed them in a garden with a talking snake and a tree that they were never to eat from. The talking snake convinced them to eat from the tree. For this, God cursed them and all human babies that would ever be born. Centuries later, God made a pact with a small tribe of shepherds in the desert - the jews. He would be their God if they followed his very strict laws.

God was surprised that the jewish pact didn't cause God to forgive all human beings, so thousands of years later, God prepared a new plan. God would impregnate a virgin, and she would give birth to God. God would grow up to be crucified for calling himself the Son of God. God's brutal murder by humanity would pay for humanity's sins against God. Then God would rise again after 3 days but only appear privately to his followers, proving that God was indeed the Son of God. Then God would chill for 30 days as God's followers met in a closed room, and afterwards God would descend on them in little flames of fire and cause them to preach God's good news in many languages.

Because of God's sacrifice, God would forgive any person who believed that God died for humanity's sins against God. After death, God would send the believers to a place where they would spend all eternity telling God how awesome he is. God would throw those who didn't believe this story or were not told about it into a lake of fire where they would be burnt alive for all eternity, demonstrating God's justice and love.

In an alternate reality, God said, "I'm angry that you ate from the tree". Adam and Eve said, "sorry sir". God said, "ok I forgive you". The end.

I will urge you to read this same (story) u narrated in the Holy Book of the muslims (Qu'ran) and see how it goes.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Antina(f): 6:18am On Jun 21, 2016
WarRLaY:
Mr seun , I was an atheist few years ago ... it all started when I wanted to study the word of God myself (Holy Bible), suddenly I started questioning and my atheism grew fasters with the catalyst of nairaland religions section then I felt i was not alone, fast forward to last year, I went to ekiti state with my dad, then we met a prophetess .. immediately she did her prayer stuff which I didn't even replied with amen, she told us the reason we came and how my dad enemy wanted to kill him 3yrs ago, ( actually 3yrs ago, my dad told us while he was sleeping he felt something strange like a sharp object in his body and immediately he woke up , he had pissed on his body, then he was building a structure in his hometown - he was not okay for like 3 months so he prayed and fasted and he was okay ) so the prophetess said a close relative fired an arrow to him spiritually that "is he the only 1 that will be building houses" .. so after she closed my dad chapter , she told me about not close to God and stuff like that.. my atheism was already fading away ... then she held a bible and a big key (not modern keys) , and inserted the key at the middle of the bible in a way that the key head is outside the bible , then she will hold the key at the top, (the reviewing part outside) and ask questions just like the normal oracle stuff.. she tells the bible to rotate to the right if something is true.. I was shocked .. I kept looking at her hand if she was not the 1 rotating it herself .. she give bible to my dad to hold, and ask questions about the future, in a way like (example : if seun's gf is his real wife , rotate right then she will command it to rotate left again "in Yoruba language" ) and the bible will rotate ... I just kept looking at the bible ..my knowledge in physics could not rescue or tell my why the bible was rotating, I kept my eyes close to it , anytime it's rotate .. ever since then my atheism belief was no where to be found, not that i can't reason logically again but I have evidence of God existence and am still not an extremist.. I pray to God quietly and hope to make heaven, I have stopped questioning and diverted that energy to something else maybe it could help humanity later on.. I think what we should campaign about is the limited time we have here on earth, to make the world a beautiful place and make Africa great

Its very simple my brother, u already gave a clue to the prophetess, u didn't say amen to her prayers right? She later told you that u are not closer to God, how is that hard to knw. And for the bible rotating stuff, even one man (Ajilekege) closer to where I live does that (the man is Ogboni) if someone steals and know one confesses, the man will detect the person (with the rotating thing stuff) but ths time not with bible. What will u say about that?
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 7:03am On Jun 21, 2016
Antina:

I will urge you to read this same (story) u narrated in the Holy Book of the muslims (Qu'ran) and see how it goes.

I am an agnostic atheist... but trust me, I will rather be a Christian than a muslim.

Pls go to muslim section and reply yourself. If this thread was about Muslims now you will start threatening guns arrows and fire.

4 Likes

Re: The Salvation Plan by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 21, 2016
As long as my believe is innocuous, I will stick to it
Re: The Salvation Plan by Antina(f): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

I am an agnostic atheist... but trust me, I will rather be a Christian than a muslim.

Pls go to muslim section and reply yourself. If this thread was about Muslims now you will start threatening guns arrows and fire.

Mr. frank317, cool ur nerves, ehn, I didn't quote you in the first place neither this is for you. This is for 'he' that can reason with brain.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Antina(f): 8:25am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

Mr. frank317, cool ur nerves, ehn, I didn't quote you in the first place neither this is for you. This is for 'he' that can reason with brain.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 8:29am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

Seriously, I don't get your point.. do you think the holy spirit actually turned the Bible?

Let me ask you... do you think people should just believe anything they hear, especially when the stories are suspicious?

Dont you think it's better to doubt until you see?

Did you read the thread on how jagbaje healed a HIV patient? I am sure many gullible Christians believed.

Did you see how his 'God ordained" miracle was debunked?
@ first question..... No, not at all. I'm sure you know the parable of the lost sheep out of the hundred sheep and the lost coin. I'm sure you also know that God wants all that are 'lost' to be saved.
@2nd question... No, they must not necessarily do that.

@third question... yes and no, (this can lead to lengthy 'philosophical' gists)... God ask us to test Him to see if he'll prove himself or fail, He asked us to taste of him and see whether He's good.

@fourth question... I have seen some mentions about that by some monikers but never really gone through the thread. not sure I've come across it before.

@5th question... No. I try my best not to make any man my standard. BTW was that the only miracle that he performed/ God used him to perform that was investigated?
Re: The Salvation Plan by chillykelly86(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2016
Seun:
Well, it's intended to be biblically accurate but revealing. The plan speaks for itself.

I guess I want you to think.

Seun, you would understand it better when you factor these in:-

1. The "wages"(reward, emoluments, etc) of sin is death - ROM. 6:23; Prov. 10:16

2. Without the shedding of blood, there is no remission for sins - Heb. 9:22

So, no matter what great love and compassion God has, in his "justice", payment has to be made for every sin. And Jesus appeared at the end of the age the do away with sin once and for all. Please read that Hebrews 9: 22-28.

Another misconception in your write-up is calling Jesus, God. Jesus is the begotten Son of God.
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2016
sonofthunder:

@ first question..... No, not at all. I'm sure you know the parable of the lost sheep out of the hundred sheep and the lost coin. I'm sure you also know that God wants all that are 'lost' to be saved.
You don't think holy spirit turned the Bible and you attack those who say it's false.

@2nd question... No, they must not necessarily do that.
Still I don't get ur point... why then do u think theists are wrong for doubting.

@third question... yes and no, (this can lead to lengthy 'philosophical' gists)... God ask us to test Him to see if he'll prove himself or fail, He asked us to taste of him and see whether He's good.
You are saying yes and no to remain relevant... you have accepted should not just believe anything they hear... and I have tried God and he failed... God does not exist that why he failed. You can't pray for success and still work hard for success, it shows u don't even believe in ur prayer.

@fourth question... I have seen some mentions about that by some monikers but never really gone through the thread. not sure I've come across it before.
Well it happened, he made a confident claim which h turned out to be false... that's why doubt is good, it leads us to the truth.

@5th question... No. I try my best not to make any man my standard. BTW was that the only miracle that he performed/ God used him to perform that was investigated?[/quote]
Re: The Salvation Plan by Omooba77: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2016
What Is Atheism?
No one asks this question enough.
The reason no one asks this question a lot is
because most people have preconceived ideas
and notions about what an Atheist is and is
not. Where these preconceived ideas come
from varies, but they tend to evolve from
theistic influences or other sources.
Atheism is usually defined incorrectly as a
belief system. Atheism is not a disbelief in
gods or a denial of gods; it is a lack of belief
in gods. Older dictionaries define atheism as "a
belief that there is no God." Some dictionaries
even go so far as to define Atheism as
"wickedness," "sinfulness," and other
derogatory adjectives. Clearly, theistic
influence taints dictionaries. People cannot
trust these dictionaries to define atheism. The
fact that dictionaries define Atheism as "there
is no God" betrays the (mono)theistic
influence. Without the (mono)theistic
influence, the definition would at least read
"there are no gods."
Why should atheists allow theists to define
who atheists are? Do other minorities allow
the majority to define their character, views,
and opinions? No, they do not. So why does
everyone expect atheists to lie down and
accept the definition placed upon them by the
world’s theists? Atheists will define
themselves.
Atheism is not a belief system nor is it a
religion. While there are some religions that
are atheistic (certain sects of Buddhism, for
example), that does not mean that atheism is a
religion. Two commonly used retorts to the
nonsense that atheism is a religion are: 1) If
atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color,
and 2) If atheism is a religion, then health is a
disease. A new one introduced in 2012 by Bill
Maher is, "If atheism is a religion, then
abstinence is a sexual position."
The only common thread that ties all atheists
together is a lack of belief in gods and
supernatural beings. Some of the best debates
we have ever had have been with fellow
atheists. This is because atheists do not have a
common belief system, sacred scripture or
atheist Pope. This means atheists often
disagree on many issues and ideas. Atheists
come in a variety of shapes, colors, beliefs,
convictions, and backgrounds. We are as
unique as our fingerprints.

https://www.atheists.org/activism/resources/what-is-atheism

There is even no universal definition too for Atheism.
So I too can claim there is NO Atheist.
We believe what we want,but it does not negate the existence of God scientifically or otherwise.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by karleone(m): 10:08am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

So tell me wise one... how many atheists do u know that have died and discovered the goodness of this your God? Or are u just repeating ur wishes?

A lot of them. Unfortunately, their belief here on earth has denied them a glorious reward - Heaven. "For their judgment has been made known to them and their sufferings established in the world after."

Like I said earlier, study the scriptures in the light of faith. Do not let your reasoning overshadow your understanding of the truth therein. There's more to loving and believing in God than allowing one's sense of reasoning cloud one's judgment.
Re: The Salvation Plan by deekseen(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2016
Seun:
Well, it's intended to be biblically accurate but revealing. The plan speaks for itself.

I guess I want you to think.
Good job! You want to create a picture in people's heads and lead them through it. Bravo, nice job!

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by deekseen(m): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2016
vizkiz:

Like I mentioned earlier today. when you discover his mightiness you wouldn't be able to THINK and elaborate with mortal intelligence
thank you for this
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 10:49am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

You don't think holy spirit turned the Bible and you attack those who say it's false.

Still I don't get ur point... why then do u think theists are wrong for doubting.

You are saying yes and no to remain relevant... you have accepted should not just believe anything they hear... and I have tried God and he failed... God does not exist that why he failed. You can't pray for success and still work hard for success, it shows u don't even believe in ur prayer.

Well it happened, he made a confident claim which h turned out to be false... that's why doubt is good, it leads us to the truth.

@5th question... No. I try my best not to make any man my standard. BTW was that the only miracle that he performed/ God used him to perform that was investigated?
@first quote; I'm not quite sure I totally get your point. How did the Holy Spirit turn the bible... I'm not attacking anyone. if I have then I'm truly sorry for stepping out of line.

@next quote... I don't think atheists wrong for doubting, I only observe that they never wanna listen to a contrary case. e.g just as Seun judged that brothers testimony. I only tried to get him view things from a more objective angle. you should try and do same.

@third quote; can you elaborate on how you tried him and how he failed... people work hard for success without ever attaining it. Your point there holds no ground.

@fourth quote; did he make other claims? where those claims also investigated? haven't your teachers/lecturers ever information that turned out wrong/false? does it make everything they teach you wrong? I will try and locate the thread later but that thread is no basis to condemn the Mister in seun's quote.
Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 10:57am On Jun 21, 2016
frank317:

frank317:

@first quote; I'm not quite sure I totally get your point. How did the Holy Spirit turn the bible... I'm not attacking anyone. if I have then I'm truly sorry for stepping out of line.

@next quote... I don't think atheists wrong for doubting, I only observe that they never wanna listen to a contrary case. e.g just as Seun judged that brothers testimony. I only tried to get him view things from a more objective angle. you should try and do same.

@third quote; can you elaborate on how you tried him and how he failed... people work hard for success without ever attaining it. Your point there holds no ground.

@fourth quote; did he make other claims? where those claims also investigated? haven't your teachers/lecturers ever information that turned out wrong/false? does it make everything they teach you wrong? I will try and locate the thread later but that thread is no basis to condemn the Mister in seun's quote.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Omooba77: 10:58am On Jun 21, 2016
I have read the Bible,Quran and many other books;for someone to tell me there is no God, I will only refer the fellow to Psalm 14
Re: The Salvation Plan by frank317: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2016
karleone:

A lot of them. Unfortunately, their belief here on earth has denied them a glorious reward - Heaven. "For their judgment has been made known to them and their sufferings established in the world after."

Like I said earlier, study the scriptures in the light of faith. Do not let your reasoning overshadow your understanding of the truth therein. There's more to loving and believing in God than allowing one's sense of reasoning cloud one's judgment.

They died and u saw what happened to them after death?
Re: The Salvation Plan by VirginFinder: 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2016
Coming from someone whose parents are devout Christians...who married each other as virgins.

O ma se o.

Omo eni iba jo eni abayo.
Re: The Salvation Plan by VirginFinder: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2016
God does not need anybody to defend him, fight him or prove that he exists.

Infact, if you choose not to believe in God, you'll keep getting more and more 'evidence' to back up your viewpoint. And vice versa.

One day, there'll be a day of reckoning.

It is better to be safe than sorry.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Isaacmacdon(m): 11:23pm On Jun 21, 2016
Its really sickening the way people thinks. Now I know the reason why we have a large flock of deluded minds on this platform. Very ridiculous I must say.. I pray God opens ur eyes mr. Nairaland.. You are indeed on the wrong path!
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 12:08am On Jun 22, 2016
sonofthunder:
You seem to know the bible well... so what happened along the line?

Seun: I studied it too much? The best way to keep your faith is to read only the bible verses your pastor and daily devotionals direct you to read.

Seun this response of yours got me.. grin I'm not an atheist but umm.. Seun Is actually right. As an introvert I think deeply about different verses and stories in the bible a lot as they actually don't make much sense, different interpretations here and there...

But Seun if you don't mind you've been an atheist for how many years now??

Interesting thread still FOLLOWING...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Salvation Plan by sonofthunder: 6:28am On Jun 22, 2016
Codedrock:

Seun this response of yours got me.. grin I'm not an atheist but umm.. Seun Is actually right. As an introvert I think deeply about different verses in the bible a lot as they actually don't make much sense, different interpretations here and there...
Either ways a lot of instincts still make believe there is God.

Interesting thread still FOLLOWING...
and you think other genuine Christians never found themselves in this stage? pls make sure you taste of God and have your own personal testimony of Him... an inability to attain to that is why most people fall from God. If you notice, they always point to other peoples testimony never having/recognizing Thiers.
Re: The Salvation Plan by dragonking2: 6:59am On Jun 22, 2016
JESUSBOIY:
I have never seen Seun create a thread against muslims.......it has always been the christians!
undecided undecided

leave us alonecrycrycrycrycry
This shows that christianity is the true religion of peace...unlike the other one who will threaten to kill and behead you but claim to be peaceful

1 Like

Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
sonofthunder:

and you think other genuine Christians never found themselves in this stage? pls make sure you taste of God and have your own personal testimony of Him... an inability to attain to that is why most people fall from God. If you notice, they always point to other peoples testimony never having/recognizing Thiers.
Ummm.. Been following this thread since it's been created it's quite interesting and I really don't wanna join this argument.
I stopped going to church since January after I realized a lot.

But wait are you a serious Christian I mean like a serious one?? Cos I'm sure you don't sound like one.
Re: The Salvation Plan by Codedrock(m): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
dragonking2:
This shows that christianity is the true religion of peace...unlike the other one who will threaten to kill and behead you but claim to be peaceful
You definitely don't sound like a real Christian brah..
Re: The Salvation Plan by Seun(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
Codedrock:
15 - 16 years.

I believe in God and the bible but stopped going to church since January after I realized a lot.
That's the first step. Once you get out of the bubble, it's much easier to think independently. Which church were you attending?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Christ Is My Rock / Apocalyptic End Time Begins In 2014 / The Bible Is Not The Inerrant Word Of God: It Is Just A Copy Of Mythology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.