Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano (51565 Views)

See The Current Prices Of Commodities In Nigeria - Vanguard's Consumer Watch / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Vicmoni: 10:40pm On Jun 19, 2016
Kano – Prices of imported and local rice have fallen in Kano, following the crash of CFA Francs in the parallel market.
A price survey conducted by the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the Singer market in Kano on Sunday, revealed that a bag of 50kg of imported rice, which used to cost between N13, 800 and N14 500, now sells for N12, 500.

NAN reports that Singer market is the major market for imported rice and other essential commodities in the commercial city of Kano.

The survey further indicated that a 50kg bag of local rice costs N11, 000 as against its previous price of N12, 500.
A measure of foreign rice, which used to cost between N850 and N900, now goes for N700, just as the price of a measure of the local rice dropped from its previous value of N650 and N700, to N550 .

Commenting on the issue, the former chairman, Singer Market Traders Association, Alhaji Abdul’aziz Dalhatu, attributed the sudden crash in prices of rice in the state, to crash of the CFA in the parallel market.

According to him, most of the traders use the CFA Frnacs in purchasing the commodity.

“Before now 1, 000 CFA was exchanged for N620 but as at today (Sunday) 1, 000 CFA is equivalent to N540.” he said.
Some rice buyers who spoke to NAN at the market, expressed happiness with the new development.

One of the buyers, Musa Lawan, said he was happy with the reduction in the prices of rice and expressed hope that the Federal Government would relax the ban on rice importation.

Another buyer, Bashir Mohammed, described the crash as a welcome development since it came at a time when Nigerians were expressing concern over the high cost of the commodity.

www.vanguardngr.com/2016/06/cfa-francs-prices-of-rice-crash-in

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by sammysammy111(m): 10:43pm On Jun 19, 2016
Tank God dat means e go reach everywhere be dat

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
who all this lie go help. i deal on rice and bought on wholesale at 13500 and who are they decieving, i thought imported rice are cotraband. Dem Just They Confuse Masses Anyhow

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
who all this lie go help. i deal on rice and bought on wholesale at 13500
Do you live in kano sir undecided

199 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
IT IS WELL!!ALL NA CHANGE
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 19, 2016
Cyph98:

i live in Lagos Where The Rice Pass Through To Kano Or Is There Another Thing They Are Not Telling Us.

62 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:02pm On Jun 19, 2016
Ehen! Good news!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:06pm On Jun 19, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
i live in Lagos Where The Rice Pass Through To Kano Or Is There Another Thing They Are Not Telling Us.
Could u jus pls allow pple in Kano to dispute this news? Pls Kano peeps is it true?

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Femich18(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
I hope the survey is true o...But where are our kano brothers...make una come testify o
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
This is quite commendable, in developed nations FG subsidize food products during festive periods to mitigate excess spending and even in the aftermath an exceeding loss after festive season.

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Olayinkaboss(m): 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Tnk God oh! *dancing shoki* lol
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by iyobosadavid: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2016
that one na crash so @ op or you dey learn how to speak english

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by asala1: 12:28am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
EMMAUGOH:
who all this lie go help. i deal on rice and bought on wholesale at 13500 and who are they decieving, i thought imported rice are cotraband. Dem Just They Confuse Masses Anyhow
Cyph98:

Who told you rice passes through Lagos to Kano? You deal in wholesale rice and is still this ignorant?

157 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by kishimi8(m): 12:32am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

Yeah it's true price has dropped over here. Not sure why though. Besides don't forget na aboki deal in rice pass and aboki is always fair in business

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
Oh really ?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Masculity(m): 12:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Save your energy, I'm in kano. It's only 50naira taxi from my house to singa market. It's true.

138 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by CACAWA(m): 1:19am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
lol...this guy think say na Uncle Ben's rice we dey yarn sha.

.. In another interesting news...

[size=18pt]CyberCrime is not our problem, but Cyber Policing- Bello[/size]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuMJ3s2CXW4&feature=youtu.be

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by matrix199(m): 2:19am On Jun 20, 2016
Every other commodity should have a price crash as well, then I'd know the situation of this country is improving.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by arent88(m): 3:03am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
my frnd you are a joke.you live in lagos where rice passes to kano hmmm see ignorance so u think lagos is the only entry point for goods in this country.who even told u dealers in kano buy from lagos.have u ever heard of the word land boarder b4?

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by bajirao(m): 3:09am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
unfortunately you know nothing about rice in Kano. the bulk majority of rice sold in Kano comes from Niger republic not lagos. People like mangal of katsina make a lot of money smuggling rice through katsina, he now owns an airline max air. its just like cars people from the south get their cars through lagos from cotonou while northerners travel a longer distance from cotonou to niger republic before finally coming in through either katsina or sokoto.

86 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Benjoh(m): 3:47am On Jun 20, 2016
Did you expect to hear good response from enemies before? All their wishes are for the hardship to get more serious than this so that they will feel happy everyday but devil is doomed, by God grace things will get easier and better.
May God shame the looters that unleashed this on us because I know the problems of today started long time ago. Thanks for news.

78 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by muri4mig(m): 3:54am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
they said in kano. You that buy from your village is here complaining. Next time, go to kano to buy. Are we sure that it is not the IDP support rice that is been diverted that is been sold at that price?

24 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by One1after: 4:21am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

You are in Lagos and arguing with those in Kano, you see what hatred and evil wish for the country have done to your life. Repent bro

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by fiizznation: 4:24am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
Blatant lie is what you just spewed now. Have you ever heard something called 'land borders' before? Do you know that the reintroduction of ban on importation of rice through our borders was the major reason that caused the price of rice to skyrocketed in the first place? Besides kano state don't get their rice through Lagos as you claimed here, rice are usually imported/smuggled to kano state through katsina via Niger boarders. You should always get your facts right before you jump into what you don't know anything about. And I'm very sure you don't deal in any rice importation business

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by louqas: 4:34am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

See your life? Child of hate . The only news you want to hear is that things are very hard and as usual you will blame it on the government . Get a life and the earlier you start believing Nigeria will get better the best for you .

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 4:43am On Jun 20, 2016
I told you guys before the commodity "50kg rice" is not supposed to be sold above 10k max.
I talk am!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by EWAagoyin(m): 4:54am On Jun 20, 2016
See as una wan kill that rice importer grin

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by kolomax(m): 4:56am On Jun 20, 2016
FxDuke:
I told you guys before the commodity "50kg rice" is not supposed to be sold above 10k max.
I talk am!
very truth even in saki Oyo State it's 9-10k

17 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Niyinficient(m): 5:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Something in me still believes this govt one kind one kind!

God make the real change happen o!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 5:15am On Jun 20, 2016
fiizznation:
Blatant lie is what you just spewed now. Have you ever heard something called 'land borders' before? Do you know that the reintroduction of ban on importation of rice through our borders was the major reason that caused the price of rice to skyrocketed in the first place? Besides kano state don't get their rice through Lagos as you claimed here, rice are usually imported/smuggled to kano state through katsina via Niger boarders. You should always get your facts right before you jump into what you don't know anything about. And I'm very sure you don't deal in any rice importation business
what am surprised about is why they should use the price of smuggled rice as official price or maybe they banned it at Lagos but somehow allowed to enter to kano freely

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by onyiloyi(m): 5:35am On Jun 20, 2016
Good development, it's still 18k here in Asaba
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 20, 2016
Cyph98:
Is Kano not Nigeria?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Prepared Lunch For Me And My Wife Just 120naira / Prices Of Bread, Paste May Crash As FG Releases Four New Varieties Of Wheat / 6 Soft Drinks In Nigeria And Their Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.