Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,983 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano (51564 Views)

See The Current Prices Of Commodities In Nigeria - Vanguard's Consumer Watch / Prices Of Rice, Grains In Jigawa Crash Down / Prices Of Rice, Beans, Maize Soar At Lagos Market - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by carreport(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

what am surprised about is why they should use the price of smuggled rice as official price or maybe they banned it at Lagos but somehow allowed to enter to kano freely
Imported rice is not banned
You just have to pay more import duties...
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by blessedvisky(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2016
Lol
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by AnanseK(m): 8:59am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
i live in Lagos Where The Rice Pass Through To Kano Or Is There Another Thing They Are Not Telling Us.

So sorry purchase is different from import. and you think all imports come through Lagos? Are you a learner?
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Qmerit(m): 9:01am On Jun 20, 2016
everozone:
I have been in Kano for four days now,strictly on business.A friend of mine who is preparing for Salah festivity purchased a bag of foreign rice at the rate of N13500 just yesterday's evening.This report is not a reflection of what is on ground.

But in south I have being hearing is and I even bought 17k, 18'k 19k 20k depending of the type, so the difference is clear even!
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by blessedvisky(m): 9:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Lol
acenazt:
One mumu thinks Lagos is the only route to contonou.
Mubby4luv:
Dear God, dash this guy sense
Qmerit:

The report said Kano!
I am not saying you re not a rice dealer but even if other dealers from the north sell at that price your type would say I won't sell it that way cause it cost me higher as cost price, am still having old stuck, am I lying?

Lol. This EMMAUGOH Dan suffer for Nairaland this morning

4 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by wexyee: 9:09am On Jun 20, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Could u jus pls allow pple in Kano to dispute this news? Pls Kano peeps is it true?
yes oooo na true
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by kishimi8(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2016
Saao:
price crashed in kano due to fasting. wait till d end of fasting or toward sallah see what will happen to the price

Bro it's during fasting that we consume more food lol. And it won't even go up unless the cfa raises in value again. Did you read the story at all.. or are you better informed than the leader of the market that talked
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by awa(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2016
MetaHuman:
read you go go read.

Oya go back and read the post again.

I no dey read again. I don talk my view if you like am forget it after all Donald Trump normally make his opinion known despite who wants to hug the transformer
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by restored2016(m): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2016
muri4mig:
they said in kano. You that buy from your village is here complaining. Next time, go to kano to buy. Are we sure that it is not the IDP support rice that is been diverted that is been sold at that price?
How many mouth you get? You talk this side, you talk that side in one paragraph.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:34am On Jun 20, 2016
iyobosadavid:
that one na crash so @ op or you dey learn how to speak english
I think say na only me oooooo. I was expecting to see N8000 or less. OP take your time oooooo angry
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by iamNiyo: 9:34am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
who all this lie go help. i deal on rice and bought on wholesale at 13500 and who are they decieving, i thought imported rice are cotraband. Dem Just They Confuse Masses Anyhow
As at yesterday I bought for 4milk cups for 300naira ere in Plateau state..Na only God fit help us oooooo
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

what am surprised about is why they should use the price of smuggled rice as official price or maybe they banned it at Lagos but somehow allowed to enter to kano freely

Stop making a public mockery of yourself... can you please stop commenting?
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by olamur(m): 9:39am On Jun 20, 2016
see you, prices of imported rice has fallen in kano while we still buy 1 bag for #16k here Lagos. how do they transport rice into Nigeria? Ho! sorry through kano sea port? or sambisa sea port?
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by saintade01(m): 9:41am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

i live in Lagos Where The Rice Pass Through To Kano Or Is There Another Thing They Are Not Telling Us.

See ya life. Displaying ya stupidity on a public forum and see how pple re bashing u left right and centre.

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Ezionye(f): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2016
Can't som1 be corrected without bashing? SMH
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 20, 2016
iamNiyo:
As at yesterday I bought for 4milk cups for 300naira ere in Plateau state..Na only God fit help us oooooo
DONT MIND DEM BUBU SYMPATHIZERS
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:57am On Jun 20, 2016
wexyee:
yes oooo na true
We thank God!
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Saao(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2016
kishimi8:

Bro it's during fasting that we consume more food lol. And it won't even go up unless the cfa raises in value again. Did you read the story at all.. or are you better informed than the leader of the market that talked
maybe I don't know how to read, thank God u can read but remember my opinion is not inferior to anyone opinion Cuz I grew to know that Hausa's consume more rice that any tribe in Nigeria and during fasting, they consume less which in turn means low patronage or reduce in price.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by uracocksucker: 10:35am On Jun 20, 2016
13,800 to 12,500 is that the definition of a crash ?? Numpties

1 Like

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by thawgy(m): 11:10am On Jun 20, 2016
asala1:

Who told you rice passes through Lagos to Kano? You deal in wholesale rice and is still this ignorant?
I think it common sense that if the importation of rice is not allowed in the country then the exchange rate of the Franc has nothing to do with the price of the commodity.. it's as simple as that
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by thawgy(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2016
AnanseK:

So sorry purchase is different from import. and you think all imports come through Lagos? Are you a learner?
For the sake of we learners.. isn't rice importation illegal in Nigeria?.. how come the OP said the exchange rate of Francs determines the price of this commodity?.. I don't understand you people o
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by LadyAimy: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2016
More rice in lagos then
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by jollyjdaark: 11:27am On Jun 20, 2016
BAG of rice in lagos is 13600 NG...even the locally made rice no dey market...LAGOS way everybody eyes dey red for money...Well kano might be cheaper than lagos...I dont really know the current price in east...I heard is 18k upward...Rice in the east is more expensive cause we igbo too like money...
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Bimpe29: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2016
Alhamdulillah, this is pleasant development.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmm
It's well
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by LordVoldemort(m): 11:39am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
who all this lie go help. i deal on rice and bought on wholesale at 13500 and who are they decieving, i thought imported rice are cotraband. Dem Just They Confuse Masses Anyhow

Nobody is stopping you from importing rice but you will need to source for your Fx the govt won't provide Fx for the 41 item banned by CBN

Do you understand now?
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by oake(m): 11:46am On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:

Sorry bro! Are u in Kano?
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by egokudiowomoney: 11:46am On Jun 20, 2016
fiizznation:
Blatant lie is what you just spewed now. Have you ever heard something called 'land borders' before? Do you know that the reintroduction of ban on importation of rice through our borders was the major reason that caused the price of rice to skyrocketed in the first place? Besides kano state don't get their rice through Lagos as you claimed here, rice are usually imported/smuggled to kano state through katsina via Niger boarders. You should always get your facts right before you jump into what you don't know anything about. And I'm very sure you don't deal in any rice importation business
the guy is really in rice bisness but he sells his own with milk tins...so don't expect him to know much about rice.

2 Likes

Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by iyobosadavid: 11:57am On Jun 20, 2016
Wiseandtrue:

I think say na only me oooooo. I was expecting to see N8000 or less. OP take your time oooooo angry
my sister, the thing self tire me oo. I was even even expecting to see like 6 or 7k that's why I quickly jump into the thread.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by ophilly: 12:00pm On Jun 20, 2016
Rice is classified as contraband, but smugglers find it easier to import them through northern borders because of little or no presence of customs officials but in the south, it's a different story. Apart from the border, there are customs checkpoints at every km along the road... we all know what happens at these checkpoints. This is why the price of rice (or any other contraband) will always be higher in the south.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by 9jii(m): 12:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
EMMAUGOH:
How ignorant of you to said this in public.
Its this your lack of knowledge makes you blame others 4 ur failure.
Re: Prices Of Rice Crash In Kano by lilyheaven: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=asala1 post=46734772]

Who told you rice passes through Lagos to Kano? You deal in wholesale rice and is still this ignorant?[/quote
I wonder o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Prepared Lunch For Me And My Wife Just 120naira / Prices Of Bread, Paste May Crash As FG Releases Four New Varieties Of Wheat / 6 Soft Drinks In Nigeria And Their Origin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.