Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,278 members, 7,807,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! (66277 Views)

Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 11:59pm On Jun 19, 2016
I read this thread about Ogun river in Kara drying up suddenly. I was surprise at various speculations people were making about the incident including. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3174249/ogun-river-kara-turn-dry

All of you are very funny! grin
Earth quake ko, drying up nii.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AT THAT RIVER.

Those green grass you see are plants that grew by the riverbed, they were either uprooted in very large quantity by the river current at various locations and carried by the flowing river. Due to some possible barricade under the bridge, the grasses could not flow across and thus causing the very large pile of the grass.

Due the pressure by the flowing water and the inability of the grass to cross the obstacle under the bridge, the large pile of grass was so tick that people could even walk over it with the water flowing under it.

With time, if the blockage under the bridge was not forcefully pushed by the weight of the accumulated grass or removed by someone, the grass will decay and gradually flow away and the water will become visible again.

So this explains why you have water flowing on one side of the bridge and the other a very pile of grass.

Hope you now understand the mystery behind the dried up water.

Source: Personal experience from similar incidents around canals.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Lordjiggs09(m): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2016
Oboi, so this is what ftc feels like? almost two years on Nairaland and now this. sign of good things coming my way. if you believe, you know the deal......
Shout out to all Nlnders and to Oga Seun, for the gift of Nairaland.
God bless us all,
God bless a better Nigeria.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ehizzybaba(m): 12:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Hmmm......

I smell FP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by youngest85(m): 12:05am On Jun 20, 2016
now we'r learning!

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Thank you very much.

Nigerian behavior don tire me. it's as if when they were coming to earth, some angel threatened to kill off their future spouses if they attempt research.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bolt000(m): 12:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Incase It Hits Fp.
So it did..

Well we are all learning.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by lexy070(m): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2016
:

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ever811(m): 12:13am On Jun 20, 2016
if I say ur name is Linus,u won't like it..so grass don turn to concrete abi? I did not witness it,but from the pictures I saw,I can only advice u not to contest with lai Mohammed cause he has been warning femi not to take his position..

242 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by MsTeeS: 12:23am On Jun 20, 2016
makes sense now, thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by shyling(f): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2016
At last someone who thinks. Capstone this is where your energy should be directed.

7 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 12:47am On Jun 20, 2016
Lalasticlacla, Day done break for Kara river, Ogun state
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by AlPeter: 12:47am On Jun 20, 2016
Your head dey dere

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by amuokuko: 1:06am On Jun 20, 2016
OP, it's either u smoked weed mixed with corn or u re related to Lie Mohammed..

See the big lie nd some dude up there are believing you..
Pls if u only saw pictures of the river, just keep mute nd don't contribute bullshit..

How can uprooted grass abi weed turn concrete That some many people were playing, walking, even some rode bicycle over it without noticing some fragile area
Did u notice that people crossed from one end to the other nd none noticed that the river was beneath

Nwanne, it's time u stop deceiving ur kind cous Nigeria ve got wise people..

165 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bqlekan(m): 2:24am On Jun 20, 2016
If you believe this this poo, then you will believe J.F Kennedy shot at his killer first..

This theory isn't convincing

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by mu2sa2: 4:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Op's observation may be plausible , but these days many people would rather believe fiction than accept the truth. If a "prophet" or some self-anointed fellow were to attribute the phenomena to demons or witches, gullible people would readily hail the crook as "man of god"!

6 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 8:32am On Jun 20, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3857268_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573
For those of you who thinks the river actually dried up because you saw people walking over the presumed dry land. Did you actually notice that no one was walking on "land", but on huge pile of grass. So you think you walk on grass if there was no force or pressure pushing them against each other? hmm, please have a rethink and reason with what is possible and some some fiction or miracle.

Nigerians sef... i hail una grin

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Prestigenedu: 10:09am On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3857268_1_jpeg83b5009e040969ee7b60362ad7426573
For those of you who thinks the river actually dried up because you saw people walking over the presumed dry land. Did you actually notice that no one was walking on "land", but on huge pile of grass. So you think you walk on grass if there was no force or pressure pushing them against each other? hmm, please have a rethink and reason with what is possible and some some fiction or miracle.
Nigerians sef... i hail una grin
They probably cut all the grasses in Africa and poured into the river.. Lol

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by odutolasodiq(m): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2016
amuokuko:

Pls if u only saw pictures of the river, just keep mute nd don't contribute bullshit..

How can uprooted grass abi weed turn concrete That some many people were playing, walking, even some rode bicycle over it without noticing some fragile area
Did u notice that people crossed from one end to the other nd none noticed that the river was beneath

op might be right. i walked on it! yes its true the river is flowing under! i was amazed too! please dont argue just make a trip down and witness it.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 11:07am On Jun 20, 2016
odutolasodiq:
op might be right. i walked on it! yes its true the river is flowing under! i was amazed too! please dont argue just make a trip down and witness it.
Dont mind kids who wont bother to research or use their common sense before believing any superstition. I have seen similar incident happen at a canal not long ago.

I laugh at their ignorance.

15 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Dayoto: 11:23am On Jun 20, 2016
So

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 11:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Another point to note about this type of incident and also a warning to those walking on the weed above the river.

Lots of reptiles such as Snakes and Alligators or other dangerous animals will be trapped in this weeds and can harm people.

So be careful if you want to walk on the presumed dry land to avoid snake bite.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Abbycite(m): 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thank u jare my broda....It doesnt take much to know that was a temporary issue. All u need to do is wait some few days n d leaves dry up and u can see d water surface again.....

Nigerian kids hardly educate theirselves.....if they are not watching African magic, u will see dem watching telemundo or using their phone to pkay candy crush.

The easiest thing to do is to use google and find out similar occurrence around d world....I taya 4 my pple jare

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by SpeedyConnect(m): 1:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
And they were riding bicycles there?

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Feraz(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2016
Dayoto:
So
He's offered a plausible explanation to what actually happened there and is trying to educate Nairalanders instead of people believing some mysterious stuff happened there. . . .

5 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 5:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
The government has finally confirmed my explanation. You can continue to believe the river dried up.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Max24: 6:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
amuokuko:

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by pleased(m): 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
hmmmm
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by gbaskiboy: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Ha! Nkan be!

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by bright007(f): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
k
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by yomalex(m): 9:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hmm
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Olukat(m): 9:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
Look I see miracle grin grin grin grin
Man riding a bike on a "grass piled river"

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hippo Killed In River Benue / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.