Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:16 PM

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! (66287 Views)

Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by atirolu(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Laism theory if u belive that scrap u must be lai Muhammed family member

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by daveyjay(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Makes some sense now
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by gudluckgreat(m): 9:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice!
It's a simple explanation but in this part of the world the youths will see it like one complex theory u are explaining
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Iwonimi(m): 9:35pm On Jun 20, 2016
I told some idiot such tin 2day. Dey nearly slap me

Cos similar thin has happen in itowola river but not much s dis cos dose ilaje n ijaw pple do walking on it

Thank u and lagos state n d lagos state 4 advise

U re bless
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by dfrost: 9:36pm On Jun 20, 2016
Although I've not visited Kara, I think the op has a point even though it's his own opinion. It wouldn't cost us anything to verify the claims by either researching or take a trip down to the site. No knowledge is wasted.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by owagbeba: 9:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
Teempakguy:
Thank you very much.

Nigerian behavior don tire me. it's as if when they were coming to earth, some angel threatened to kill off their future spouses if they attempt research.

Bros, no be only you. I am tired of these people. They were quick to attribute it to supernatural forces. And the worst part, all the myriad of university students on this platform bought the notion that it was some supernatural forces.

I tire

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Deputyvictor(m): 9:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=azundu1 post=46744903]
Dont mind kids who wont bother to research or use their common sense before believing any superstition. I have seen similar incident happen at a canal not long ago.

Leave then when the water go carry them go na dat time the escape goats go realize.

but the painful part of it is dat, those dat fail to believe and understand it now will not leave to tell, dat u actually said it

just cross your legs and sidan look.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by NigerianScholar: 9:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
I read this thread about Ogun river in Kara drying up suddenly. I was surprise at various speculations people were making about the incident including. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3174249/ogun-river-kara-turn-dry

All of you are very funny! grin
Earth quake ko, drying up nii.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AT THAT RIVER.

Those green grass you see are plants that grew by the riverbed, they were either uprooted in very large quantity by the river current at various locations and carried by the flowing river. Due to some possible barricade under the bridge, the grasses could not flow across and thus causing the very large pile of the grass.

Due the pressure by the flowing water and the inability of the grass to cross the obstacle under the bridge, the large pile of grass was so tick that people could even walk over it with the water flowing under it.

With time, if the blockage under the bridge was not forcefully pushed by the weight of the accumulated grass or removed by someone, the grass will decay and gradually flow away and the water will become visible again.

So this explains why you have water flowing on one side of the bridge and the other a very pile of grass.

Hope you now understand the mystery behind the dried up water.

Source: Personal experience from similar incidents around canals.

http://www.tcpalm.com/news/indian-river-lagoon/health/more-nasty-seaweed-moving-south-in-the-indian-river-lagoon-ep-500474782-332692091.html?d=mobile
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by babyfaceafrica: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
OP..u dey waste your time....people prefer spiritual answers than logical ones....gullible Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ileogbenfidel(m): 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
I can't believe sombody can write this kind of rubbish, do you think this forum is for kids?? Lol

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Dawdy(m): 9:55pm On Jun 20, 2016
Poster is a liar, they all depend on theory to explain what is unexplainable. That is how the big bang theory (the biggest hoax) became what people think as fact. Imagine to think "something came from nothing" yet people accepted it without questioning.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by smugmanuel(m): 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Matters arising

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by chiefkpokp(m): 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
@op i support that guy that thinks u are high on weed, infact u r a dreamer, I didnt snap the picture, i was there koro koro, i was coming from Benin to Lagos, closed to Kara, we saw a lot of people running to the bridge to take a look, the scene was as if its was riot, as vehicles, transporters, were parking just to see for their self,i was inside god is good bus, we shouted for the driver to park let see, its happens just within 5mins, the water just dry up, turned into gree, what i mean dry land, i mean dry land.... people started running inside and callin it field, u are coming here to tell us, dis and dat, just to receive notice me. that thing is nothing but spiritual, anyone that will come here and tell me, other thing other than spiritual, na slap.

5 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by omoadeleye(m): 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2016
This is not new to me again, actuall there is once a river called "Salawa river" around Ota in Ogun State. The river too dried up or just flow somewhere else uptill this moment the river is yet to be visible back thou there are lots of chunks gasses in the area now.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Electronzeez(m): 10:09pm On Jun 20, 2016
chiefkpokp:
@op i support that guy that thinks u are high on weed, infact u r a dreamer, I didnt snap the picture, i was there koro koro, i was coming from Benin to Lagos, closed to Kara, we saw a lot of people running to the bridge to take a look, the scene was as if its was riot, as vehicles, transporters, were parking just to see for their self,i was inside god is good bus, we shouted for the driver to park let see, its happens just within 5mins, the water just dry up, turned into gree, what i mean dry land, i mean dry land.... people started running inside and callin it field, u are coming here to tell us, dis and dat, just to receive notice me. that thing is nothing but spiritual, anyone that will come here and tell me, other thing other than spiritual, na slap.

Are you saying you saw that part of the river transforming in to dry land ? Are you ?.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by LEXYCOM: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
O thank God.......I thought it was an end time sign or the gods of the land needs sacrifice.........this is bad market for the babalawo
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by dguizman(m): 10:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
I bet op had not been to kara to witness the miracle .because u come here now come dey analyse wetin no work for us...u sabi pass ppl wey dey there.

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Morifeke(f): 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Isheri-Ogun River (did not)dry up!!!

I didn’t plan to post this today as Chronicles of Koko is what I had lined up for Mondays but something caught my heart. It is the news that the Ogun Isheri river dried up. I happen to have crossed the supposedly dried up portion of the river this year on a canoe and passing it few days back, I got goose bumps all over. I saw grass where there had been nothing but water, and where I had crossed in a canoe, I saw people walking. It was very eerie. I quickly messaged my friends whom we crossed the river together and they were dumbfounded. From gists I got from the residents, On Friday afternoon, a canoe was transporting people across the river, all of a sudden, the sea weed which has always been in the river started to gather. It kept gathering till it became extremely thick. It went round the canoe and the people in it were stuck. Some of them were already screaming in fact.
CONTINUED here http://missyarnnigeria..com/2016/06/isheri-river-dries-up.html
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by dguizman(m): 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
gudluckgreat:
Nice!
It's a simple explanation but in this part of the world the youths will see it like one complex theory u are explaining
why will I believe when what I saw there was amazing.tell me another story on hw it got there and I will believe..that surface look so solid to be grass and water.maybe u go there and conform ur self

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
Prestigenedu:

They probably cut all the grasses in Africa and poured into the river.. Lol
Hahahahahaha

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Where are the researchers in Agriculture or Plant biology? Can't someone just go there & give us a good explanation to all this confusion?
Just uproot a few of these "miracle weeds" to verify their roots are in soil or clear out an area to see what is underneath.

4 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by chiefkpokp(m): 10:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
even the pictures that someone posted, that place where someone was on bike, was closed to the bridge.... when you walk forward, you will see white sand, very very dry sand, dont judge with the picture..... i believe its still there, so you can go and check it off.... this thing happened even why its has just stop raining that faithful saturday between the hours of 12noon/12:30pm, as where on the road was wet based on the rain, But this field i must say,was as dried as anything...one of our co passengers work on it... dont belive picture, go there urself.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ancientbanana: 10:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
The government has finally confirmed my explanation. You can continue to believe the river dried up.
Even Pharoah gave theories for the plagues in the Bible until his first son died. Likewise scientists gave theories Dat man evolved from apes. Ppl refuse to believe in the Super natural

3 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by jessykings(f): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Which kind grass go pile up on top water so tey pple go waka and also play on top without any part of it giving way into the water? Bros abeg park well and think of a beta explanation cos I don't believe dat crap of urs

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
Another point to note about this type of incident and also a warning to those walking on the weed above the river.

Lots of reptiles such as Snakes and Alligators or other dangerous animals will be trapped in this weeds and can harm people.

So be careful if you want to walk on the presumed dry land to avoid snake bite.

There are no alligators in nigeria. Stop spreading lies. Its is found in mostly Florida

7 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 20, 2016
amuokuko:
OP, it's either u smoked weed mixed with corn or u re related to Lie Mohammed..

See the big lie nd some dude up there are believing you..
Pls if u only saw pictures of the river, just keep mute nd don't contribute bullshit..

How can uprooted grass abi weed turn concrete That some many people were playing, walking, even some rode bicycle over it without noticing some fragile area
Did u notice that people crossed from one end to the other nd none noticed that the river was beneath

Nwanne, it's time u stop deceiving ur kind cous Nigeria ve got wise people..

Reading the Op's post, i was just wondering especially when i noticed he was able to successfully deceived the gullibles. How thick is a layer of grass that it will sustain the movement of people passing from one end to the other? Those who quickly believe the OP further prove our standard of education can never grow beyond certain limit as long as we keep believing everything we are told both in school and outside. Lecturers tell us all sort of lies and we hurrily believe them. Pastors fabricate all kinds of fake news for us and we believe and praise them. Our community leaders meander us with false reports and we quickly admit it. Then politicians finally come and tell us we will receive 500k monthly and without hearing twice, we believe them. With this mentality of believing everything we are thrown at, we may never develop beyond the level we are today.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ancientbanana: 10:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
searchiing4love:

There are no alligators in nigeria. Stop spreading lies. Its is found in mostly Florida
actually they are. We had about 3 in my secondary school. Trained by the owner of the school

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by omonla555: 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2016
azundu1:
I read this thread about Ogun river in Kara drying up suddenly. I was surprise at various speculations people were making about the incident including. See the thread here https://www.nairaland.com/3174249/ogun-river-kara-turn-dry

All of you are very funny! grin
Earth quake ko, drying up nii.

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED AT THAT RIVER.

Those green grass you see are plants that grew by the riverbed, they were either uprooted in very large quantity by the river current at various locations and carried by the flowing river. Due to some possible barricade under the bridge, the grasses could not flow across and thus causing the very large pile of the grass.

Due the pressure by the flowing water and the inability of the grass to cross the obstacle under the bridge, the large pile of grass was so tick that people could even walk over it with the water flowing under it.

With time, if the blockage under the bridge was not forcefully pushed by the weight of the accumulated grass or removed by someone, the grass will decay and gradually flow away and the water will become visible again. We're

So this explains why you have water flowing on one side of the bridge and the other a very pile of grass.

Hope you now understand the mystery behind the dried up water.

Source: Personal experience from similar incidents around canals.

Nonsense information and gullible readers. The OP came up with his fabrication after LASG rejoinder on the dried

2 Likes

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Marvinspeed(m): 10:33pm On Jun 20, 2016
I doubt this theory, because the ground under the grass is hard or maybe the plants came with their own soil

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by kayStelly(f): 10:38pm On Jun 20, 2016
If u believe this poo am sorry to say, u need a brain transplant asap... I couldnt find any point in dis op write up... How did dis made front page sef.... Dis mods sef

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by logica(m): 10:39pm On Jun 20, 2016
ancientbanana:
actually they are. We had about 3 in my secondary school. Trained by the owner of the school
What you had in your school must've been trained crocodiles. Alligators only exist in the US and China. If in doubt, use Google.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ancientbanana: 10:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
logica:
What you had in your school must've been trained crocodiles. Alligators only exist in the US and China. If in doubt, use Google.
guy I knw diff btw the 2. An animal may not be from a region doesn't mean it can not be brought here n trained here. E. G the German Shepherd is a dog originally found in Germany but Don u c them here, likewise the Caucasians

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hippo Killed In River Benue / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.