Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,184 members, 7,807,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:10 PM

Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! (66275 Views)

Watch Video Of Popular Ogun River That Turns Dry Land, / Ogun River In Kara Turns To Dry Land Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway / Manatee Caught By Fishermen At Obuamu River In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by ancientbanana: 8:51am On Jun 21, 2016
azundu1:
Those who are very lazy to research will also say this Kisumu Harbour in Kenya dried up. grin
I c nobody walking on itp
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Prechy08(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2016
That so called research is incomplete as long as i am concern, why has no one thought of digging a hole on those grasses to see if there is water beneath or dry land. Pls as you dig snap as Proof, for us to see.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by maasoap(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2016
jessykings:

I did a bit of research on dis and from what i've seen so far I think 'grass' isn't d right word to use. The river is infested by water hyacinth, a kind of invasive aquatic plant (or weed) that clog water ways and form dense impenetratable mat on water surface.Their rate of proliferation on fresh water surface is extremely rapid and they can grow so dense that humans can even walk on them despite having water flow freely underneath them. Again, what u said about 'd grass growing by the riverbed and getting uprooted and then it's inabilty to cross the obstacles' , I don't really think that xplains it. Like I said,these plants are aquatic, they can live and reproduce freely on d surface of freshwater and can be ancored in mud. What we should be more concerned about is the effects of these plants on aquatic life, they block photosynthesis and oxygen from getting into the water they are covering hence leading to loss in aquatic lives (eg fishes) and provides breeding places for mosquitoes. If we are to wait for the plants to dry up so that d water underneath will be exposed then we might have to wait for a longtiime while d plant keeps multiplying. Rather measures should be taken to destroy and control it's spread.Here are some pix for better understanding
True.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by maasoap(m): 9:03am On Jun 21, 2016
Prechy08:
That so called research is incomplete as long as i am concern, why has no one thought of digging a hole on those grasses to see if there is water beneath or dry land. Pls as you dig snap as Proof, for us to see.
If you observe so far, those who claimed to have dug up the weeds didn't tell us that they saw soil/sand underneath. That's to tell you that there is no soil underneath but just stark of multi layers grass on top of water.
Some claimed that it is impossible for human to walk on water like that because of weight but they forget that human beings have been walking on oceans that spans several miles in the Antarctica for ages, ice and icebergs
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by logica(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2016
ancientbanana:
I never said u attacked me. Read well
LOL. Oh OK. So who did I attack? Abi what does "don't always attack people" mean? I see you love baseless arguments.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2016
maasoap:
If you observe so far, those who claimed to have dug up the weeds didn't tell us that they saw soil/sand underneath. That's to tell you that there is no soil underneath but just stark of multi layers grass on top of water.
Some claimed that it is impossible for human to walk on water like that because of weight but they forget that human beings have been walking on oceans that spans several miles in the Antarctica for ages, ice and icebergs
Some already confirmed that he walked on the weed and that water was flowing beneath the weed.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by fuckpoverty(m): 10:01am On Jun 21, 2016
this op is really sick in the head,so grass Don turn concrete abi,nonsense
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by emiloluwa: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2016
ignorant kil faster dan Ebola......dry land ko dry fish ni......go & build house there....
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by emiloluwa: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2016
fuckpoverty:
this op is really sick in the head,so grass Don turn concrete abi,nonsense
Hehe !!!!!! Poverty u again,u no dey hear word......haba
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by azundu1(m): 10:53am On Jun 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Don't be surprise when you hear that someone was duped by buying that new "dry land". Omonile things..
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by micodon(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2016
fkj950ax:

The entire side of a river flowed into a hole.

And green vegetation grows all over the river bed in minutes.

Seriously...

And if the vegetation has always been there.... Underneath the river? Is this new? Seriously?
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by jide333(m): 10:58am On Jun 21, 2016
Bros so u think finding shovels and cutlasses around kara will be impossible? U dont need to go there with any shovels or cutlass or hoe just ask ppl staying arnd there.

OjukwuWarBird:

You went there with a shovel.? You are a potential scientist if truly you did that.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by jide333(m): 11:05am On Jun 21, 2016
Bros i get work ooh. Let them believe what they want. Even with proof u will still see oppositions trying to tell u its not true

shiftback:

River beds aren't exactly a flat surface.
Can you go back there at your earliest convenience and dig again? This time dig up from the middle of the ex-river and take pictures/videos, whatever it is you discover you'll be shutting a lot of people up.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by cooljude(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2016
Dawdy:
Poster is a liar, they all depend on theory to explain what is unexplainable. That is how the big bang theory (the biggest hoax) became what people think as fact. Imagine to think "something came from nothing" yet people accepted it without questioning.
I think with people like you the future is gloomy for this country. you would rather believe that aeroplane is the white man witchcraft instead of understanding the underline principle.

1 Like

Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by cooljude(m): 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Dawdy:
Poster is a liar, they all depend on theory to explain what is unexplainable. That is how the big bang theory (the biggest hoax) became what people think as fact. Imagine to think "something came from nothing" yet people accepted it without questioning.
I think with people like you the future is gloomy for this country. you would rather believe that aeroplane is the white man witchcraft instead of understanding the underlining principle.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by talljohn: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2016
Ngwa gwazie ndi yard unu
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by fkj950ax(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
micodon:

And if the vegetation has always been there.... Underneath the river? Is this new? Seriously?

Vegatation growing already under a flowing river...

You amaze me
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by micodon(m): 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2016
fkj950ax:

Vegatation growing already under a flowing river...

You amaze me
Water hyacinth... Yellow pond lily.... Etc.... Receive sense
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Dawdy(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2016
cooljude:

I think with people like you the future is gloomy for this country. you would rather believe that aeroplane is the white man witchcraft instead of understanding the underlining principle.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Horlufemi(m): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2016
predatorX:

If nicely stacked leaves can carry the weight of a human being, then why do we have to go thru the wahala of cutting tree trunks for canoes...... Why not just pluck the whole leaves from the tree.?

There is no amount of leaves that would support buoyancy if not properly shaped into a raft......... Physics no be jazz

I hear you but you dont understand me. but no need
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by Dawdy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 21, 2016
cooljude:

People like me want to know the fact. We don't want speculations to replace fact. Besides, the wonder and the might of God shouldn't denied due the wrong observations.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by fkj950ax(m): 5:44pm On Jun 21, 2016
micodon:

Water hyacinth... Yellow pond lily.... Etc.... Receive sense

They grow on the surface, not on the river bed...
Save some sense for yourself from all the largese you are freely giving out.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by fuckpoverty(m): 6:43pm On Jun 21, 2016
emiloluwa:
Hehe !!!!!! Poverty u again,u no dey hear word......haba
sorry bro is just truth been told
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by predatorX: 9:07am On Jun 22, 2016
SIRTee15:

it's very much possible.....
water hyacinth can support the weight of humans on it, they are invasive - grow very fast n quite dense.

Remind me why people drowned at Oke-Afa canal again, during the January 27, 2001 bomb blast at Ikeja cantonment. Upon all the water hyacinth that covered the whole canal...........stop misleading people.
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by predatorX: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2016
shiftback:

See HIPPOPOTAMUS walking on water hyacinth you're here saying bicycle.
Hippos can weigh up to 9000pounds, that's like the weight of 20 big show(the wrestler) put together. Whats the weight of those people riding on a bicycle please?

The largest animal to walk on water hyacinth is a capybarra, stop this evil lies........ HIPPOPOTAMUS Chisos, even a car can drive on it too, Liar
Re: Ogun River In Kara Did Not Actually Dry Up. This Is What Happened! by predatorX: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2016
jessykings:

I did a bit of research on dis and from what i've seen so far I think 'grass' isn't d right word to use. The river is infested by water hyacinth, a kind of invasive aquatic plant (or weed) that clog water ways and form dense impenetratable mat on water surface.Their rate of proliferation on fresh water surface is extremely rapid and they can grow so dense that humans can even walk on them despite having water flow freely underneath them. Again, what u said about 'd grass growing by the riverbed and getting uprooted and then it's inabilty to cross the obstacles' , I don't really think that xplains it. Like I said,these plants are aquatic, they can live and reproduce freely on d surface of freshwater and can be ancored in mud. What we should be more concerned about is the effects of these plants on aquatic life, they block photosynthesis and oxygen from getting into the water they are covering hence leading to loss in aquatic lives (eg fishes) and provides breeding places for mosquitoes. If we are to wait for the plants to dry up so that d water underneath will be exposed then we might have to wait for a longtiime while d plant keeps multiplying. Rather measures should be taken to destroy and control it's spread.Here are some pix for better understanding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hippo Killed In River Benue / Huge 'god Of Chaos' Asteroid Is Speeding Up, Could Hit Earth In 48 Years (Pix) / Today Is The Longest Day Of The Year And There Will Be A Solar Eclipse Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.