Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,326 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils (33559 Views)

School Fees Of Anchor University, Deeper Life Owned (Screenshots) / Photos Of Osun Students In Church Garments / Deeper Life Completes "Anchor " University (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Esperooke(m): 7:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Housing:
Those schools are public schools not private or christian schools. When Baptist came to Iwo they were given land free, those land were not sell to them it was the sacrifice of Iwo a predominant Muslim community to have western education. Both Muslim and Christian schools were taken over by Government in the 70s. In the Muslim schools that are now public don't discriminate why should the Christian schools that are now public discriminate? This issue of hijab as part of uniform is allowed even as part of police uniforms in Europe. Why are we trying to make mountain out of a mole? The issue of hijab in Osun is more than a religious issue. Does the Deeper life have church uniform? I trust Pastor Kumuyi he has better things to say, maybe he wanted to set the record straight.
One thing you with you people is, you always cry for equity and fairness when it favour you. But will never allow it when its not. Tell me, will an Ansar-udeen Islamic secondary school ever allow Christian prayer and fellowship in school premises? Never, I live in ilorin so I understand better.
This is just a microcosm of how the Muslims in the middle east and other parts make life difficult for non Muslims, then go to the Europe calling for equity, Liberty and fairness, things they never allowed
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Esperooke(m): 7:19pm On Jun 20, 2016
jhidey08:
and it is the missionaries that pay the teachers' salaries too. undecided
And so what?
One thing with you people is, you always cry for equity and fairness when it
favour you. But, will never allow it when its not. Tell me, will an Ansar-udeen
Islamic secondary school ever allow Christian prayer and fellowship in school
premises? Never, I live in ilorin so I understand better.
This is just a microcosm of how the Muslims world in the middle east and other parts
make life difficult for non Muslims, then go to the Europe calling for equity,
Liberty and fairness, things they never allowed
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Esperooke(m): 7:21pm On Jun 20, 2016
kolomax:
you see that's the problem we are facing in Nigeria if you ever heard of Ansar-udeen schools this is built by Muslims but never will they ask Christians to use hijab or pray with Muslims but all you can bring is that if it's Muslims blabla without you verifying things beside is the hijab disturbing anyone of them I don't know why people just like hating
favour you. But will never allow it when its not. Tell me, will an Ansar-udeen
This is just a microcosm of how the Muslims in the middle east and other parts
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by MakaveliTheDon(m): 7:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
omolola15:

Do you know you are totally wrong with your assumptions? How many schools did Jesus build. And there are over 60 verses in the Quran that talks about education. You know most of the scientifical laws are quoted in the Quran even before they were invented.

Do you know a Muslim school was merged with the Methodist you are talking about. So when it was merged are all the Muslim girls supposed to turn to Christians?

I appreciate you contribution. But I like to discuss that get their facts right. So please do a little research about Islam and education then modify your post. Then we can talk.
my friend Jesus didnt even build a temple talk less of a school but his disciples (missionaries) did okay? That's why i blamed rauf a MUSLIM sorry to say whose level of intelligence is low to have merged both schools together
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by kolomax(m): 7:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
Esperooke:

comprehension is your problem so hijab has now turn to prayers right Beside you are a pathetic liar for using ilorin as reference lot of school do allow Christians do their fellowship go to adeta, saw-mill and shao garage and see lot of Muslim schools been use as churches so before you lie always know the kind of person you are dealing with..
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by timota(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lukay99:

Just listen to yourself being a police is not a right but a profession while both Primary and Secondary education is a right of Every Child stop comparing apples and oranges please
me I'm supporting u to go and claim the right for them since they are moslem women as well and go and claim land I every state for fulani herdsmen as well since they rearing the cows for government
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by jhidey08(m): 8:02pm On Jun 20, 2016
Esperooke:

And so what?
favour you. But, will never allow it when its not. Tell me, will an Ansar-udeen
This is just a microcosm of how the Muslims world in the middle east and other parts
U stay in Ilorin, I used 2 stay in Offa, Ansarudeen college in Offa allows their Christian students to organise FCS every Blessed Friday once the school closes at 1pm. D point u're nt getting here is the fact that these schools are Public Schools and not Christian Missionary school. They only carry the name of the Church. How does wearing a small hijab dat does not extend beyond chest level pose a threat to the Faith of Christian Students? If they have a gud argument let them take the matter 2d court jst lyk their Muslim counterparts did. This is just gross misbehaviour from CAN Osun states chapter. Please gimme two other instances where issues have favoured Muslims lyk dis, as u said earlier.
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by udatso: 8:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
Owliver:
are you comparing the religious awareness of today to that of five years ago.

you shut up
I regret quoting you in the first place. I don't know when you guys are going to face the reality that goodluck lost the election because of his actions and inactions.. ...you can keep playing the religious card all you want. Besides, we all know the party that brought religion into last elections
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by basadenet: 9:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
Babacele:
Christians ain't petty but this CAN of worms is. I can bet you their darkness can't overcome Aregbe's light no matter how pretentious such darkness are.It ll fizzle out to their chagrin.

Aregbesola is darkness and light will surely overcome darkness. A fanatic Governor and agent of darkness, since his assumption of office, it has been one problem or the other. Aregbesola will destroy osunrayi before he leaves office.
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by basadenet: 9:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
Babacele:
Christians ain't petty but this CAN of worms is. I can bet you their darkness can't overcome Aregbe's light no matter how pretentious such darkness are.It ll fizzle out to their chagrin.

Aregbesola is darkness and a fanatic
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Babacele: 9:30pm On Jun 20, 2016
basadenet:

Aregbesola is darkness and light will surely overcome darkness. A fanatic Governor and agent of darkness, since his assumption of office, it has been one problem or the other. Aregbesola will destroy osunrayi before he leaves office.
as a child of light, what are your reasons? oya I dey wait
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
omolola15:

Muslims didn't start wearing hijab to school this year. In lagos you'll see muslim students wear hijab on their uniform. Both private schools and public schools. It's not a new thing so I'm surprised why it's causing this much problem now. Even in the USA and UK you'll see muslim students wearing hijab to school. This has been happening since like forever.

You have to really understand what's going on in osun before you say something about it. The judge didn't force Christians to wear hijab. He said any muslim student that wishes to wear 1 is free to wear 1. So why is CAN taking that personal. A Muslim will wear her hijab everywhere. Can you wear your choir robe every where? We have to be fair in talking about this issue. Muslim wearing hijabs in osun state does not pose any threat to Christians na. This is not Maiduguri where they put bomb under hijabs. Why did they ban the Muslims in osun for using hijab in the first place.

I wonder when allowing little girls to wear hijab turn to islamization. What's there to islamize in osun self.

Please of you must reply my comment. Do it in a matured way. Don't call me any useless name and don't break NL laws.

Have you heard that these were mission public schools?
Do you understand the word "mission" and "public "?
Was the Hijab originally part of their school uniform?
Do you agree that the vision of the founding fathers of the school should be preserved?
Does wearing the choir robe stop the school activities?
Is wearing of Ifa shrine clothes going to stop learning activities?
So why are Muslim ummah worried about these clothing?
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by omolola15(m): 10:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
mykl01:

Have you heard that these were mission public schools?
Do you understand the word "mission" and "public "?
Was the Hijab originally part of their school uniform?
Do you agree that the vision of the founding fathers of the school should be preserved?
Does wearing the choir robe stop the school activities?
Is wearing of Ifa shrine clothes going to stop learning activities?
So why are Muslim ummah worried about these clothing?

I can't be typing the same thing every now and then. I've answered your questions in another comment on this thread. So please kindly go through my post.

Also the Muslim are not worried about what the Christians are wearing. It's the Christians that doesn't want the Muslims to wear hijab. And please read up where the problem started from then you'll know better. When a Muslim school was merged with a Christian school. What should happen to all the Muslim girls that are used to wearing hijab. Did they ask for the merging? Na who even send aregbesola merging self. Na CAN dey worry about hijab. Since they decide to be wearing every type of choir robe. Have you seen any muslim or Islamic organization complain? We all know na them go tire. Because those muslim girls are used to the hijab. But forcing your daughter to wear choir robe everyday, let's see how long she can do that for.

It's the Christian ummahs that are worried not the other way round.
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Adeoba10(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
mbhs139:

You got it wrong at the bold part my dear. The matter was not between Muslims and Christians, the Christian community, as far as i know, were not party to the case brought against the Lagos State Govt and the Muslim Students Society of Nigeria, Lagos State Area Unit. So, it was a matter of the State Govt., vs. the MSSN, Lagos State.

Be that as it may, I think this issue of Ijab in school or not started when a teacher in a public school in Lagos State 'flogged' a female student and asked her to remove her hijab, allegedly. That was the issue of female students wearing hijab to school came to limelight. And I think nobody care more about hijab in our schools before that episode. I went to a public school, in the 90s, and this issue of hijab was not an issue.

Again, talking about missionary schools, particularly in Osun State, please note that the St. Charles Grammar School, Osogbo; The Baptist Academy; The Fakunle High School; the St. Paul's of this world, all in Osogbo, were originally missionary schools. But they were all taken over at a point by the Military Govt., then. And at that time, there was no, and there couldn't have been, any issue of hijab or no hijab.

However, now that the schools have been returned to their original owner, I suppose, then the school is at liberty to determine what you wear to their school.

As for the Christian leaders, I think they are behaving irresponsibly in this matter. The utterances and attitude doesn't depict them as religious leaders. Like someone said on this thread, the Muslims go about town with their hijab, it's an everyday attire for them. But do the Christians and others wear their choir robe everywhere they go? Even Mary, mother of Christ, wears the hijab.
Noted sir
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by paulsir: 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2016
mikolo80:
did jesus ask you to fight or turn the other cheek.turkey lost because they were not behaving like christians.(it's not enough to thump the bible or beat your chest,you need to actually love your neighbour ass yourself)
so u need to wait they include sharia in naija law before u speaks.what av u done so far to d herdmen invason so far?
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by olaomoola1(m): 11:28pm On Jun 20, 2016
Lukay99:
oga I guess u read thru but u refuse to answer Al d questions until u do that. No comment

To answer your questions wearing of hijab is an act of worship just like Christians also have many acts of worship and no single act of worship done by any Muslim or Christian can make anyone complete pure, so your question is like asking a Christian if going to church on Sunday makes them pure or holy? My question to as of today is, Are this schools missionary schools or public schools(funded by the government with Nigerian taxes)?

You need to understand one thing even if a Muslim/Christian school accepts government funding for what ever reasons then they will have to abide by the government regulation that's the way it's done in most developed countries e.g U.S
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by mikolo80: 12:57am On Jun 21, 2016
paulsir:
so u need to wait they include sharia in naija law before u speaks.what av u done so far to d herdmen invason so far?
no, but shouting will not solve it. I behave like a Christian not claim to be one. feed almajiri and see how they will lose members. but if you keep private jetting all over the place then prepare to Shariaed
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by blessedvisky(m): 1:12am On Jun 21, 2016
omolola15:

I get your point but you are not getting mine. You know the mistake aregbe made was that he merged a Muslim school with a Christian school. In doing so he should have seen this coming. Or better still he should have changed the name from st Mary or st Theresa. Or he should have talked to the authorities and allow the Muslim girls to use berets or scarf. But the ansaru deen that was merged with that school also have Christian students before. If a Muslim school can comfortably accommodate Christian students without any Muslim body complaining about it in the past. Why is CAN now over stressing the matter. Do you know it's easier to christianize than islamize. Even someone born a Muslim feels reluctant to pray. Make we no come talk of convert.

I hope you also get my point.

I believe we can finally agree that berets should be used as a stand a standard of dressing for female students, whether muslim, Christian, or pagan.

Also, names of schools should be changed to neutral name that bear no religious meaning
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Nobody: 2:09am On Jun 21, 2016
[quote author=mikki123 post=46758739][/quote]

Some of you guys are just commenting from far distance without even know what Id happening here. MUSLIMS DON'T STOP DEEPER LIFE CHRISTIANS FROM TYING THEIR SCARF TO MUSLIM SCHOOLS AS LONG AS THEY WEAR UNIFORM SO WHY MUST CHRISTIANS FORCE MUSLIMS GIRLS NOT TO COVER THEIR HAIR WITH HIJAB. Please look at the pictures below without bias and tell me who is looking for trouble here

Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by omolola15(m): 4:51am On Jun 21, 2016
blessedvisky:

I believe we can finally agree that berets should be used as a stand a standard of dressing for female students, whether muslim, Christian, or pagan.

Also, names of schools should be changed to neutral name that bear no religious meaning

And problems will be solved without this wahala. Seriously i believe can and their muslim counterparts in osun should have sit and have a good talk. Instead of this stupid drama going on.
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by udatso: 8:13am On Jun 21, 2016
Laid2001:
This is what one Journalist@ Yemi Adeleke wrote, I am not a big fan of Aregbe but I can confirm to you that his hands are clean in this matter. If anything, his govt has served the interest of Christians than Muslims in terms of appointments and financial assistance. Lemme mention some:
1. His appointments, commissioners and Special advisers were skewed in favour of Christians 75-25%

2. He donated #30million to OSUN Baptist for the construction of their auditorium.

3.Another #35million for the burial of late Obadare.

4. CAC olaiya was valued at #59.7 when government demolished it to pave way for road construction. Aregbe added another #30m to make it #89.7 in spite of the fact that majority of the individual property owners have not been paid.

I just decided to mention these few for you to know that Aregbe has served xtains the more.

Now to the main issue of hijab.

1. All the schools, including missionary schools, were taken over by government in 1975 by the military govt. Govt discovered at that time that the subvensions given to xtian missionaries were not judiciously utilised! This was discovered when govt gave similar subvension to May Flowers school ( a school founded by Tai Solarin, an atheist) and the money was judiciously spent. Govt was surprised that same could not be said of the xtain missionary schools. Govt had to call for a probe and it was discovered that most of the subventions were not used for the purpose they were meant for. Again, the pieces land for the construction of the churches and schools were donated by the community.

This prompted the govt to ask them to value their property and place side by side the subvention they got from govt. It was discovered that most of them were even indebted to govt and govt had to take over the schools. Those who had spent beyond the subvention were compensated.

If govt had changed all d names of the missionary schools, possibly nobody would be laying claim to any name or heritage today.

2. Ever since then, govt has been responsible for the financing and running of the schools but the church still interfere vicariously. For example, in some schools, people of other faith or denomination cannot head a school that is run and funded by govt.

3. Muslim students are subjected to Christian mode of worship on assembly grounds in all schools, whether missionary named, community named or government named schools.

4. The agitation to allow Muslim students practise their faith without being subjected/forced to follow the creed of others had been on for long.

5. For instance, during the regime of Oyinlola, he was approached. His administration granted Muslims female students the right to wear hijab only in Muslim named school but not in Christian-named, community-named or govt named schools despite the fact that they are all owned by government and financed with public fund.

6. The agitation continued under Aregbe who called both Muslim and Christian leaders to meet and resolve the lingering issues amicably. They could not!

7. In 2013, the Muslim community approached the court to seek justice.
Pls note that the Muslim community took govt to court and NOT CAN! But CAN chose to join in the case which was eventually won by the Muslims.

8. The judgement was based on the fact that it's the fundamental human right of the Muslim female students to wear hijab especially since all schools belong to govt and not any religious body!

9. The xtains are unsatisfied with the judgement but instead of approaching the court for stay of execution and appeal, they have resorted to propaganda and blackmail!

10. They've asked their children to wear church garments to schools without recourse to legal approach. But can this be sustained judging from the fact that church garments are not an everyday wear of the xtains whereas hijab is an everyday Muslim female outfit ordained by Islamic injunction.

11. I do not know what is detestable in wearing hijab in a public institution when your children are not forced to wear it.

12. Are we truly tolerant as we make people to believe?! Your guess is as good as mine!

13. As a journalist who practise in the state and is abreast of the situation, I decided to put this across to you (my AGOSA friends) for us to know the true situations of things, instead of the lies and propaganda that fly around.

14. I hope we all read this objectively and pass commen
God bless you and the writer as well as all those who forwarded this
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Owliver(m): 8:16am On Jun 21, 2016
udatso:

I regret quoting you in the first place. I don't know when you guys are going to face the reality that goodluck lost the election because of his actions and inactions.. ...you can keep playing the religious card all you want. Besides, we all know the party thatl brought religion into last elections
you don't have to regret quoting me. and I don't give a fvck about who won or lost. it's past. but sir people know things that we the bloody civilians don't know. let's not pretend we know better.
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by udatso: 8:36am On Jun 21, 2016
tico1212:

You still don't get it.
How do you explain using hijab in a missionary schools..in a school like Baptist and methodist schools.
[quote author=Laid2001 post=46743410]This is what one Journalist@ Yemi Adeleke wrote, I am not a big fan of Aregbe but I can confirm to you that his hands are clean in this matter. If anything, his govt has served the interest of Christians than Muslims in terms of appointments and financial assistance. Lemme mention some:
1. His appointments, commissioners and Special advisers were skewed in favour of Christians 75-25%

2. He donated #30million to OSUN Baptist for the construction of their auditorium.

3.Another #35million for the burial of late Obadare.

4. CAC olaiya was valued at #59.7 when government demolished it to pave way for road construction. Aregbe added another #30m to make it #89.7 in spite of the fact that majority of the individual property owners have not been paid.

I just decided to mention these few for you to know that Aregbe has served xtains the more.

Now to the main issue of hijab.

1. All the schools, including missionary schools, were taken over by government in 1975 by the military govt. Govt discovered at that time that the subvensions given to xtian missionaries were not judiciously utilised! This was discovered when govt gave similar subvension to May Flowers school ( a school founded by Tai Solarin, an atheist) and the money was judiciously spent. Govt was surprised that same could not be said of the xtain missionary schools. Govt had to call for a probe and it was discovered that most of the subventions were not used for the purpose they were meant for. Again, the pieces land for the construction of the churches and schools were donated by the community.

This prompted the govt to ask them to value their property and place side by side the subvention they got from govt. It was discovered that most of them were even indebted to govt and govt had to take over the schools. Those who had spent beyond the subvention were compensated.

If govt had changed all d names of the missionary schools, possibly nobody would be laying claim to any name or heritage today.

2. Ever since then, govt has been responsible for the financing and running of the schools but the church still interfere vicariously. For example, in some schools, people of other faith or denomination cannot head a school that is run and funded by govt.

3. Muslim students are subjected to Christian mode of worship on assembly grounds in all schools, whether missionary named, community named or government named schools.

4. The agitation to allow Muslim students practise their faith without being subjected/forced to follow the creed of others had been on for long.

5. For instance, during the regime of Oyinlola, he was approached. His administration granted Muslims female students the right to wear hijab only in Muslim named school but not in Christian-named, community-named or govt named schools despite the fact that they are all owned by government and financed with public fund.

6. The agitation continued under Aregbe who called both Muslim and Christian leaders to meet and resolve the lingering issues amicably. They could not!

7. In 2013, the Muslim community approached the court to seek justice.
Pls note that the Muslim community took govt to court and NOT CAN! But CAN chose to join in the case which was eventually won by the Muslims.

8. The judgement was based on the fact that it's the fundamental human right of the Muslim female students to wear hijab especially since all schools belong to govt and not any religious body!

9. The xtains are unsatisfied with the judgement but instead of approaching the court for stay of execution and appeal, they have resorted to propaganda and blackmail!

10. They've asked their children to wear church garments to schools without recourse to legal approach. But can this be sustained judging from the fact that church garments are not an everyday wear of the xtains whereas hijab is an everyday Muslim female outfit ordained by Islamic injunction.

11. I do not know what is detestable
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by wexyee: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2016
paulsir:
brotherly go and check history.muhammed was born 1600 years after the death of jesus and he started islam.so what happened btw the departure of christ and the birth of muhammed?
good u shld knw dat Jesus only stayed nd preach in isreal. So dats shouldn't b n issue Jesus was never knwn to hv carried his gospel to any prt of the world himself. Paul hu created ur bible said so
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2016
FrankLampard:
Yoruba v Yoruba.

Igbo's watching with pop corn.

cool
Re: Hijab: Deeper Life Church Backs Use Of Christian Garments By Pupils by Honesty007(m): 8:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
olaztek:

Keep deceiving yourself. Jerusalem belongs to the Jews

Heavenly Jerusalem, in th Millenial reign,Jerusalem,would be the New world capital on Earth.
Jews and gentile christians would be one in Christ.
No mention of Muslims is there.Mind you Christ has slain the world of enmity between Jews/Gentiles.That Jerusalem we would inherit is heavenly,spiritual.yes as at this present age,the worldly Jerusalem is enveloped in conflict,chaos.The new Jerusalem would be peaceful

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Federal Government Colleges Oldies Alone:signin Here(pro Unitate) / UNICAL's VC Reacts To Death Of Her Student Denied Medical Care Over N200 (Pix) / If You Are A Genius, Answer This Question!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.