Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage (43864 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by symbianDON(m): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2016
Minna will make the top 10, I'm sure. a self-contain presently goes for an average of 180-200k, a 2-bedroom 300k and a decent 3-bedroom can be as high a 500k. that's outrageous. in fact accommodation in Niger state is something else.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Larryfest(m): 7:01am On Jun 20, 2016
This is common knowledge,it has been so for a very long time dnt see it changing anytime soon..
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by umulobi: 7:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Was expecting to see Owerri on the list...2 bed room flat in some areas in Owr goes as high as 450k....my reason for buying a plot and planning to develop it asap.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:02am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha
who tell you? Are you an agent?
You just said you are not in the main town, how much them for collect'
I served in Uyo, 2012...I paid 150k minus agency/legal/caution fee for a self contain(Federal housing, Abak Rd).
Try Nwaniba, IBB, Oron rd, Aka rd, I don't even want to mention the almighty EWET housing_ come back and modify your comment grin.

It is in Uyo I first saw where a landlord will collect rent from you to complete the house, while you wait for him to complete it...lols.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Kennycyphers(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2016
Ezedon:
Enugu the most expensive in South East

You re right!
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by klassykute(m): 7:03am On Jun 20, 2016
flat here for Benin for gra na 400k.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Gboliwe: 7:04am On Jun 20, 2016
Enugu? Rapmoney surely hasn't been to Uyo. Even Awka and Owerri are more expensive than Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by oblo(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2016
P
lordcyl3:
Enugu house rent is just the wickedest. very expensive. even if you're a 50k salary earner, is better you return to ur villa cos u can't even manage in Enugu. every commodity is extra expensive. Enugu landlords are very selfish.

I second and thirdhand you on this my brother..the rent for enugu na gbosa..retinue of fees... lawyer fee...agreement fee...caution fee..marching ground fee..wake up fee..sleep fee grin....all the land lords wan hammer today today.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by chigoizie7(m): 7:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Me, I have no idea of all these places una d mention.

But awka gat no chills.

Can u imagine a 1bedroom flat going @ 400k in Ngozika? 2bedroom flats @ 450k @ udoka. Around 600k for 2bedroom flats @ ngozika, let me forget about 3bedroom flats. Awka as a whole is fvckingly expensive in terms of rent. In student environment a room that is not upto 9ft by 9ft is around 120-150k, it is not as if water is guaranteed 247 oh,
These people are just mean
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by ednut1(m): 7:08am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=opeyemmmy post=46737805]

Aye! angry. angry how can i epp u sir
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:09am On Jun 20, 2016
badblog:
When I see house prices in Nigeria I laugh.. The system in UK I just so expensive. A one month flat rent here can rent good 2 bed in lagos for one year.

I wish one can make the money in uk and sleep in Nigeria. Lol

Many don't know my brother.
While studying in Europe my monthly Rent for my 1 Room T1 Studio, with just a kitchenette and bathroom/toilet was 500 EUROS PER MONTH!!!!!!!!!

You heard me.
500 Pieces of EUROS PER MONTH!!!!! Plus 50 Euros monthly for parking.

Do the conversion.

It was then I realized my 300K flat per year in Nigeria was a blessing. But then we must consider purchasing power and income levels. They are both different. In Nigeria we are majorly low income earners by European Standards. In ratio, the rents in these cities are just too high for many Nigerians.

In Abuja a lot of families stay in BQs in the city center. In Lagos only few houses meet the quality for the amount demanded. In Port Harcourt the rooms are small due to over space being economized.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by AleAirHub(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2016
Op.... your list is incomplete without Yenagoa.
Only standard single room is 75k and landlord will request for two years rentage. Why self contain n flat is no go area.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by klebson(m): 7:10am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
am paying 300k for 1bedroom flat in ph,n my sis pays 250k for selfcon,abeg who get mind call uyo here?
I tire oo.. to me, ph and abuja are most expensive. I pay 400k for 1bedroom flat in abuja, not even in the main town, lugbe (airport road) for that matter...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Gboliwe: 7:11am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha

80k in Uyo?

And with water?

Bro, you are NOT in Uyo. You must be in ObotAkara, Ikono or Ika. You won't even get it this cheap in Ibesikpo, Abak or IK which are areas near Uyo
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:12am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Aswear...lemme ask you ,whc is more profitable ..building a house or shops to rent out?
It depends on the location of the structure. If you are locating your shops on a major or busy road, you are sure to get so many people requesting for shops. Especially, when it's a big plaza.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by emi14: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
Cut your coat according to your size. I bought land for 2.5k and built my own house in Abuja. Look for cheap lands and make a choice. Asokoro, maitema, zone this zone that has high standard. Obviously is not meant for the poor or middle class. Is madness to pay one million naira yearly rent.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by mbaeke1(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
Yeah I think warri is something else in terms of house rent, when I was serving at warri I paid 150k for a room self con. Paid 50k for agent then 20k for landlord's drinks. That was thefirst time I was hearing landlord's drink. Water dey shaa, light na 2days on a day off, transport na die too. But the city sharp sha. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by dandollaz: 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
And u mention enugu without owerri.op if u want to generalize town it should be
Abuja
Portharcourt
Lagos
owerri
warri
enugu.
Not everywhere in lagos is expensive but everywhere in abuja and phc is expensive do ur research well.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by lordcyl3(m): 7:13am On Jun 20, 2016
oblo:
P

I second and thirdhand you on this my brother..the rent for enugu na gbosa..retinue of fees... lawyer fee...agreement fee...caution fee..marching ground fee..wake up fee..sleep fee grin....all the land lords wan hammer today today.
my brother you go pay fees taya, wetin e remain na to pay school fees for the landlord hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:14am On Jun 20, 2016
Gboliwe:

80k in Uyo?

And with water?

Bro, you are NOT in Uyo. You must be in ObotAkara, Ikono or Ika. You won't even get it this cheap in Ibesikpo, Abak or IK which are areas near Uyo
Oga, he said he doesn't reside in the main town cool
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:15am On Jun 20, 2016
klebson:

I tire oo.. to me, ph and abuja are most expensive. I pay 400k for 1bedroom flat in abuja, not even in the main town, lugbe (airport road) for that matter...
My guy, Abuja no be here oh! grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by lordcyl3(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2016
chigoizie7:
Me, I have no idea of all these places una d mention.

But awka gat no chills.

Can u imagine a 1bedroom flat going @ 400k in Ngozika? 2bedroom flats @ 450k @ udoka?
These people are just mean
faints

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by FOREXMART(m): 7:16am On Jun 20, 2016
effin landlord's.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Ada9103(f): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2016
Why una no include owerri?

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Aniwhyte(m): 7:17am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
am paying 300k for 1bedroom flat in ph,n my sis pays 250k for selfcon,abeg who get mind call uyo here?
Why you dey lie naaa, na u dey pay am abi na ur husband.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:19am On Jun 20, 2016
dandollaz:
And u mention enugu without owerri.op if u want to generalize town it should be
Abuja
Portharcourt
Lagos
owerri
warri
enugu.
Not everywhere in lagos is expensive but everywhere in abuja and phc is expensive do ur research well.
Oga, I did a good one because I have been to Owerri and PH several times. It doesn't mean accommodation is not costly in Owerri but when compared with the 5 cities I mentioned, it doesn't just go.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by artsoft1: 7:21am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=badaoyeyemi post=46737567] shocked

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2016
mbaeke1:
Yeah I think warri is something else in terms of house rent, when I was serving at warri I paid 150k for a room self con. Paid 50k for agent then 20k for landlord's drinks. That was thefirst time I was hearing landlord's drink. Water dey shaa, light na 2days on a day off, transport na die too. But the city sharp sha. smiley
Lol @landlord's drink! grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by happydavies(f): 7:22am On Jun 20, 2016
klebson:

u can imagine !
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by happydavies(f): 7:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Aniwhyte:

Why you dey lie naaa, na u dey pay am abi na ur husband.
na u dey pay am 4me,yeye dey smell!
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Aniwhyte(m): 7:25am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
na u dey pay am 4me,yeye dey smell!
Y d insult naaa, did i insult u.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
As a property manager and one who has visited many Nigerian cities, I did a research/survey and came out with the result of the top 5 cities in Nigeria where one would need to belt himself/herself very well before renting an apartment! This survey was carried out with the accommodation costs of houses/apartments found in condusive environments or areas characterized with the usual facilities that are found in an average African city. By this, this survey did not cover rural areas (villages), please.

1) ABUJA: In terms of the cost of renting an apartment, be it flat, self-con or bed-sitter, Abuja (the main city), is a place where you really need to eat 'bellefull' before doing that. This can really reduce your savings to a frustrating amount! It's in places like Maitama that you would see a one-bedroom flat that goes for 1million Naira!!! Any landlord/house agent who puts up same house for that amount in Benin-City is surely an 'Enemy of Progress' grin Are we buying the house? It's because of this that made many residents of Abuja to move to surburbs or outskirts of the city.

2) LAGOS: I discovered that most of the mini-flats in Lagos mainland are above 300k a year. You can get this same apartment, even with better facilities and in a more serene environment, at half the price, in Akure. When I saw the bed-sitter a friend of mine paid for at Oregun for 10k monthly, I wept!!!

3) WARRI: This would have come after Port-Harcourt but it seems as if some house owners here think everyone is scooping crude oil from the ground since it's called the 'Oil City'. Sometimes, mini-flats go for as high as 18k monthly!!! 3 bedroom flats in good environments can cost 480k-500k per year; sometimes, 600k.

4) PORT-HARCOURT: Rentage in PH City is not too different from what's obtainable in Warri.

5) ENUGU: Sometimes, a bed-sitter that's so small to an extent where you won't even have enough space to stretch your hands in the morning without knocking off things in your room, could go for as high as 100k-110k per year! Even places like Obiagu and Artisan!!! The rentage cost of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom flats in places like Loma Linda/Independence Layout/GRA, can make an unemployed man die before his time!!! wink

Compiled by Rapmoney
I am familiar with 4 of those cities because I av stayed there one way or the other 1)Abuja 2)port Harcourt 3) warri 4)Lagos . I am talking of average areas.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja / Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.