Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 AM

5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage (43859 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by asha90: 7:27am On Jun 20, 2016
At times I shudder at NL mods. How can somebody wake up and coin something in his mind and post on the NL and suddenly it will appear on the FP? This is supposed to be a news site where veritable and genuine information is shared. Apart from Abuja, Lagos and PH which most of its areas are expensive comparatively to other states. Whereas other parts of Nigeria have low scale, medium scale and upscale hoods. And the rents are classified in that order.

There are upscale and expensive parts of Onitsha, Enugu, Warri etc, same way there are low rent areas and this is in equilibrium in the aforementioned cities. But it is not the same in Abuja, Lagos and PH that has almost most of it's hoods damn expensive.

If we are to talk about all round most expensive cities, it is:

1. Abuja

2. Lagos

3. Port Harcourt

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:28am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha
350 in warri, 450 in port Harcourt
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by BossDanniee(m): 7:29am On Jun 20, 2016
especially Abuja!
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by happydavies(f): 7:29am On Jun 20, 2016
Aniwhyte:

Y d insult naaa, did i insult u.
no be insult oooo
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
shocked I tink Lagos should be no.1...d money u will pay for a 2bedroom flat in island is enough to buy a plot in rural areas of some towns
I think Island,maitama,Gra is not considered

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by odeebee: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
martineverest:
op,try to conduct proper survey....abuja and portharcourt are the most xpensive
Gbam! Am paying 700 for 2Bedroom PH
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Gboliwe:

80k in Uyo?

And with water?

Bro, you are NOT in Uyo. You must be in ObotAkara, Ikono or Ika. You won't even get it this cheap in Ibesikpo, Abak or IK which are areas near Uyo
hahaha.
Lols @ Obot akara, isn't Obot akara the community sharing boundary with Ikwuano in Abia state. I was shocked when I saw that comment too.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by mikeuz(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2016
OP, conduct a proper survey first, your list is almost correct, have had the privilege of staying in all these places, Abuja and Lagos are way on top of the list, followed by Enugu and port harcourt,Enugu own is very bad because most times you don't get basic amenities in the house, especially water.
Yenogoa should follow next, even feeding ain't cheap in that town, that was the first town I bought pure water 10naira, when other parts of the country was still saling 5naira. Warri is high but not has expensive as these places.the outskirts of warri like effurun and udu, ain't that expensive, and and you can easily access any part of warri from these places.most times pple refer to effurun and udu as warri main because commercial activities are evenly spread out.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by skywalker001(m): 7:31am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
That same 2 bedroom will go for 350k in Warri. Now, you see why Uyo is not on the top 5 list? I'm a property manager wink
Even after paying dat 350k u wil stil pay for agent commission also pay for community development and u wil av to pay for 2yrs upward else they ar nt givin u aos
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nigga44: 7:32am On Jun 20, 2016
Enugu was not this expensive 3 years ago. I don't know why the landlords suddenly became very greedy and inconsiderate.

You build house and you wan collect the whole money today today. Does it work like that?

I think the Enugu state government should look into this matter

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Thankful1970: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2016
Port Harcourt comes after Abuja and before Lagos. In Cocaine Village by Rumuogba Two bedroom flat is above one Million. The same goes for Peter Odili Road, Abuloma. In Most areas, you get 2 bedroom flat for as LOW as 600K. Now consider what 3 bedroom flat will cost in these areas!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
am paying 300k for 1bedroom flat in ph,n my sis pays 250k for selfcon,abeg who get mind call uyo here?
Thanks port Harcourt is the 2nd most expensive at least 180k 4 self contain and at least 280k 4 one bedroom flat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Princepoint(m): 7:35am On Jun 20, 2016
abuja both house and hotels
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by sniper77(m): 7:37am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
You have seen it now! cheesy winky

Bros when u go search for house to rent for calabar you go realize say to rent house for enugu dey cheap.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
skywalker001:
Even after paying dat 350k u wil stil pay for agent commission also pay for community development and u wil av to pay for 2yrs upward else they ar nt givin u aos
Na dat agreement fee, caution fee and drink money dey pain people pass oh! grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by HopeAtHand: 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
am paying 300k for 1bedroom flat in ph,n my sis pays 250k for selfcon,abeg who get mind call uyo here?

Dont mind the OP, he doesnt know about rent fees in PH. I collect N400K for my 2bedroom flats. Some people collect N500K sef. Let him Go and ask about a two bedroom flat in Odili road or new GRA, much more old GRA.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by drucee21(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Abeg no vex but after abuja the next na ph. In places in ph that can be compared to town in warri house rent na die. Personally our tenants in 2 bedroom flats pay 550k anually for our houses in ph. Warri is cheap compared to ph. In ph i know a certain estate where foriegners pay $101,000 annually for a 3 bedroom and $34,000 for selfcon.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by castrokins(m): 7:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Wake Me Up When You Have Calabar On The List.

When People Are Asking For #750 Per Annum For 2 And 3 Bedroom In Calabar, Una Dey Complain For Warri. And Those Are Even Cities Where Hustling Thrives. In Calabar, The Only Company Here Is Unical, But Their Rent Na "leave my shirt"

3 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by jabojafa(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
lolzzz...... Abeg mk them Uyo. 350k u can get 3bedroom flat in Uyo bt some Landlords wud want 2yrs rent rather than one. In Ik u can sure pick up a 2bedroon flat for 150k except mayb its a new hus.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2016
sniper77:

Bros when u go search for house to rent for calabar you go realize say to rent house for enugu dey cheap.
The difference in price is not much between Uyo and Calabar, though, I know accommodation is not cheap in Calabar.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Aniwhyte(m): 7:41am On Jun 20, 2016
happydavies:
no be insult oooo
. . But talk true, i lie. No b ur hussy dey pay am.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by mayortm001(m): 7:42am On Jun 20, 2016
ordinary warri
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Gboliwe: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

hahaha.
Lols @ Obot akara, isn't Obot akara the community sharing boundary with Ikwuano in Abia state. I was shocked when I saw that comment too.

No. That's not ObotAkara. The one sharing boundary with Ikwuano is Etimekpo
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by donvicky2007: 7:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Hear in Onitsha you can get a 3bedroom flat at 25k per month or 15k per month excluding agents fees.
Though in some of the places agents charges 5k per room as agent fee.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by ambrosini593(m): 7:43am On Jun 20, 2016
AleAirHub:
Op.... your list is incomplete without Yenagoa.
Only standard single room is 75k and landlord will request for two years rentage. Why self contain n flat is no go area.
my one bedroom in yenagoa is 300k
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Sobeautiful: 7:43am On Jun 20, 2016
PH should be no. 2 pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Opusy: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
As a property manager and one who has visited many Nigerian cities, I did a research/survey and came out with the result of the top 5 cities in Nigeria where one would need to belt himself/herself very well before renting an apartment! This survey was carried out with the accommodation costs of houses/apartments found in condusive environments or areas characterized with the usual facilities that are found in an average African city. By this, this survey did not cover rural areas (villages), please.

1) ABUJA: In terms of the cost of renting an apartment, be it flat, self-con or bed-sitter, Abuja (the main city), is a place where you really need to eat 'bellefull' before doing that. This can really reduce your savings to a frustrating amount! It's in places like Maitama that you would see a one-bedroom flat that goes for 1million Naira!!! Any landlord/house agent who puts up same house for that amount in Benin-City is surely an 'Enemy of Progress' grin Are we buying the house? It's because of this that made many residents of Abuja to move to surburbs or outskirts of the city.

2) LAGOS: I discovered that most of the mini-flats in Lagos mainland are above 300k a year. You can get this same apartment, even with better facilities and in a more serene environment, at half the price, in Akure. When I saw the bed-sitter a friend of mine paid for at Oregun for 10k monthly, I wept!!!

3) WARRI: This would have come after Port-Harcourt but it seems as if some house owners here think everyone is scooping crude oil from the ground since it's called the 'Oil City'. Sometimes, mini-flats go for as high as 18k monthly!!! 3 bedroom flats in good environments can cost 480k-500k per year; sometimes, 600k.

4) PORT-HARCOURT: Rentage in PH City is not too different from what's obtainable in Warri.

5) ENUGU: Sometimes, a bed-sitter that's so small to an extent where you won't even have enough space to stretch your hands in the morning without knocking off things in your room, could go for as high as 100k-110k per year! Even places like Obiagu and Artisan!!! The rentage cost of 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom flats in places like Loma Linda/Independence Layout/GRA, can make an unemployed man die before his time!!! wink

Compiled by Rapmoney

Houses in PH are very expensive so ur survey might not be completely correct. A 2 bedroom where I stay in Woji axis goes for 450k. While @ Odili road that same 2 bedroom goes for 700-800k @ Royal avenue If not 1m.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by dandollaz: 7:45am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
Oga, I did a good one because I have been to Owerri and PH several times. It doesn't mean accommodation is not costly in Owerri but when compared with the 5 cities I mentioned, it doesn't just go.
then u dont know phc and owerri well.enugu is still relatively ok depending on the area.im a traveller even enroute to enugu now from ph.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by castrokins(m): 7:46am On Jun 20, 2016
I Disagree Sir,

Uyo Is Way Cheaper Than Calabar Even With Better Structures Than In Calabar

Rapmoney:
The difference in price is not much between Uyo and Calabar, though, I know accommodation is not cheap in Calabar.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by domainOfficial: 7:48am On Jun 20, 2016
While in Osogbo 3bedroom flat, New, all tiled, goes for 260,000 first year including agreement few, refundable caution fee. following year 200,000. This same house has 4 vacant flat going to 2years now. Where is money in o..s.. U... N

5 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:49am On Jun 20, 2016
drucee21:
Abeg no vex but after abuja the next na ph. In places in ph that can be compared to town in warri house rent na die. Personally our tenants in 2 bedroom flats pay 550k anually for our houses in ph. Warri is cheap compared to ph. In ph i know a certain estate where foriegners pay $101,000 annually for a 3 bedroom and $34,000 for selfcon.
If you know what's obtainable in Warri now, you will know what I'm talking about.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 7:50am On Jun 20, 2016
After Abuja,Lagos should come second.

Here in agbara,,am paying 600 for 2 bedroom.
I moved in last month.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja / Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.