Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,004 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage (43861 Views)

Top 10 Most Expensive Homes Around The World / ₦151Billion: World's Most Expensive Home, This Is What It Looks Like(Photos) / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Konnektions146(m): 7:50am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
That same 2 bedroom will go for 350k in Warri. Now, you see why Uyo is not on the top 5 list? I'm a property manager wink

Oga property manager,

I live in Uyo,i pay 300k for a 2-bed in outskirt and if u are inside town or ewet h ousing or shelter afrique or osongama , u pay as much as 700-850k
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Gboliwe:

80k in Uyo?

And with water?

Bro, you are NOT in Uyo. You must be in ObotAkara, Ikono or Ika. You won't even get it this cheap in Ibesikpo, Abak or IK which are areas near Uyo
Read what I typed Mr,I said I'm not in the main town

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:52am On Jun 20, 2016
donvicky2007:
Hear in Onitsha you can get a 3bedroom flat at 25k per month or 15k per month excluding agents fees.
Though in some of the places agents charges 5k per room as agent fee.
Na enjoyment una dey so o! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2016
Konnektions146:

Oga property manager,

I live in Uyo,i pay 300k for a 2-bed in outskirt and if u are inside town or ewet h ousing or shelter afrique or osongama , u pay as much as 700-850k
Oga, people pay as much as 420k for 2 bedroom flats in Warri, so don't think I don't know what I'm saying.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 7:55am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

who tell you? Are you an agent?
You just said you are not in the main town, how much them for collect'
I served in Uyo, 2012...I paid 150k minus agency/legal/caution fee for a self contain(Federal housing, Abak Rd).
Try Nwaniba, IBB, Oron rd, Aka rd, I don't even want to mention the almighty EWET housing_ come back and modify your comment grin.

It is in Uyo I first saw where a landlord will collect rent from you to complete the house, while you wait for him to complete it...lols.
Ehn now,I.said I'm not in the main town and I paid 80k.it simply means it would cost more in the main town...the part where they collect rent and finish house is TRUE ....houses that are fairly cheap are the single rooms kinda house and u get to share toilet...where was your ppa?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Gboliwe: 7:55am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Read what I typed Mr,I said I'm not in the main town

They asked you a question about Uyo and you start rambling is that how to answer question?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by irisola(f): 7:58am On Jun 20, 2016
and AKURE grin
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=Gboliwe post=46739102]

They asked you a question about Uyo and you start rambling is that how to answer question? [/quote
What are u even saying ...I'm the one living in the apartment and u are still arguing. .I stay at ifa At ai...is that not an lga in uyo?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by OlujobaSamuel: 8:00am On Jun 20, 2016
tell us price pls, no need to brag, learn how to contribute to the subject.
badblog:
When I see house prices in Nigeria I laugh.. The system in UK I just so expensive. A one month flat rent here can rent good 2 bed in lagos for one year.

I wish one can make the money in uk and sleep in Nigeria. Lol
uyo should be about 300/350, the house I lived in abak 2012/2013 was 250k, 3br/flat, although I don't know the situation now, however if you want to live in ewet housing, nwaniba axis, you might pay between 500k and 1m.
our landlord then, a very nice man that have been to almost all state of the federation, decide to rent out a security house at 60k saying he is doing it for love of the nation.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by victorjoe(m): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha

80k! I pay 150k for the same self contain in lagos. And i dont even live on the island.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by dumie(f): 8:03am On Jun 20, 2016
No doubt Ph should be No2 on that list..however,dnt believe in renting, build your own no matter how small cos it will keep increasing..Hmm never knew warri was also expensive

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 8:05am On Jun 20, 2016
victorjoe:

80k! I pay 150k for the same self contain in lagos. And i dont even live on the island.
Fresh hood abi?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Bull shit list. Warri ain't half as expensive as PH in terms of rent.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nely77(m): 8:06am On Jun 20, 2016
labamo07:

You can say that again, island is a crazy zone..............
I stay on the Island and I bet you that you would fine some one bedroom flats of 1M. The moderate ones go for between 350K and 600K.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:07am On Jun 20, 2016
Bull shit list. Warrior ain't half as expensive as PH in terms of rent.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:14am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Ehn now,I.said I'm not in the main town and I paid 80k.it simply means it would cost more in the main town...the part where they collect rent and finish house is TRUE ....houses that are fairly cheap are the single rooms kinda house and u get to share toilet...where was your ppa?
oh, no vex.
The way the OP seconded you, made it seem otherwise. One landlord wanted to try that shii with me, I almost paid out of desperation and frustration_ thankGod his juju cleared from my eye before day break.

I served in one school like this, make I no call the name...the students might be here grin.

Rapmoney:
Oga, people pay as much as 420k for 2 bedroom flats in Warri, so don't think I don't know what I'm saying.
Did you miss the part he said he stays in the outskirt of Uyo? Abi you want to tell us all the 2bedroom flats in Warri are 420k?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

oh, no vex.
The way the OP seconded you, made it seem otherwise. One landlord wanted to try that shii with me, I almost paid out of desperation and frustration_ thankGod his juju cleared from my eye before day break.

I served in one school like this, make I no call the name...the students might be here grin.
Lol....the landlords here no get joy...my ppa is along oron road
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by starlingbawa(m): 8:16am On Jun 20, 2016
I think Port-Harcourt should have come before Warri and that's because House rent in Port-Harcourt is 'FAR' more expensive when compared to Warri.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:18am On Jun 20, 2016
How much does a 4 bedroom well equipped and furnished duplex in Gwarinpa Abuja cost
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:21am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

250k ...I'm presently in a self contain that's not even in the main town ,I paid 80k
There's water sha

Same goes for 450k in my hood in Lagos.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by labamo07(m): 8:21am On Jun 20, 2016
Nely77:

I stay on the Island and I bet you that you would fine some one bedroom flats of 1M. The moderate ones go for between 350K and 600K.
I used to live in the island as well but I had to move to the mainland to enjoy better comfort. I still wonder why housing is on the high side............
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by saintfizzo(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
badaoyeyemi:
shocked I tink Lagos should be no.1...d money u will pay for a 2bedroom flat in island is enough to buy a plot in rural areas of some towns
correction. Sir, it will buy u an acre in ibadan, need more info? Quote me

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 8:22am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

oh, no vex.

Did you miss the part he said he stays in the outskirt of Uyo? Abi you want to tell us all the 2bedromm flats in Warri are 420k?
I didn't say so either wink
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by buchi2020(m): 8:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Why is bayelsa not on your list? The price for a bed sitter with water is 150 to 180 while standard two bedroom duplex is 750 to 800 but face me I face you is 5000
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by feldido(m): 8:28am On Jun 20, 2016
Rapmoney:
Bro, the truth is that some of these house owners are just inconsiderate. Just imagine when an old 3 bedroom flat that needs renovation is placed at 600k a year!

You should be happy to get that amount there, Where I stay 600k can only get u a 2bedroom flat.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by forgiveness: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2016
Thankful1970:
Port Harcourt comes after Abuja and before Lagos. In Cocaine Village by Rumuogba Two bedroom flat is above one Million. The same goes for Peter Odili Road, Abuloma. In Most areas, you get 2 bedroom flat for as LOW as 600K. Now consider what 3 bedroom flat will cost in these areas!!!!

If that is the highest rate obtainable for a two bedroom flat in P/h, I am sorry to say P/h na small pikin for were Lasgidi dey for rent.

In Ikorodu the outskirts of Lagos 2 bedroom flat goes for 450k in Ebute, 800k - 2.5m around Surulere axis, 900k - 2.5m around Ikeja axis, 1.2m - 3.5m at Lekki axis, 2.5m - 4m V. I, 4m - 100,000 dollars(35m) yes dollars per annum(most houses rents are collected in Dollars), make I continue? grin You go fear fear. grin

Lagos is the most expensive city in Nigeria na. P/h na small pikin.

1 Like

Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 20, 2016
kunlesufyan:

Lol....the landlords here no get joy...my ppa is along oron road

they don't have single joy.
I had horrible experiences, one landlord asked me to get identification letter from my parents and clergy. Of course I didn't go back.

My agent got some other house, told the man and his wife that he is going to bring me after school hours. When we got there, it was his wife we met, she just saw me and said she ain't renting out.
Till today I don't know what she saw...hahahahaha.

I used to make my hair somewhere at Oron rd, that's the only thing that took me there. Hope you are enjoying the town?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by kunlesufyan(m): 8:36am On Jun 20, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

they don't have single joy.
I had horrible experiences, one landlord asked me to get identification letter from my parents and clergy. Of course I didn't go back.

My agent got some other house, told the man and his wife that he is going to bring me after school hours. When we got there, it was his wife we met, she just saw me and said she ain't renting out.
Till today I don't know what she saw...hahahahaha.

I used to make my hair somewhere at Oron rd, that's the only thing that took me there. Hope you are enjoying the town?
Jeez! The woman refused renting ....I can bet you are beautiful and she doesn't trust her husband.. .I'm trying oo....its a nice place to serve ..where are you now?
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Rapmoney(m): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2016
feldido:

You should be happy to get that amount there, Where I stay 600k can only get u a 2bedroom flat.
Not a good 3 bedroom flat o! I mean an old one that requires renovation.
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Lacasta(m): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2016
The list isn't complete without Yenagoa, Bayelsa State capital. One bedroom flat = 300k, just start from there
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by Ladycloud(f): 8:37am On Jun 20, 2016
Mehn... With all these prices am seeing here.... It's good to be a landlord oooo... Can't remember when last we paid house rent
Re: 5 Nigerian Cities With The Most Expensive Apartment Rentage by sarutobie(m): 8:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Having lived in a good number of the major cities in the country, I can say (my opinion though) that abuja on average, is the most expensive. port Harcourt comes second, lagos third....and the rest follows..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Calculations And Requirements For Obtaining A Building Plan Approval In Lagos / Paradise Estate Abuja, Leaving Behind Tales Of Anguish To Subscribers In Abuja / Eko Atlantic City Showcases First Street Light

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.