Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,836 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:28 AM

Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. (1318 Views)

Australia Multiple Entry Business Visa / ‘I Went To Libya With Two Legs, Came Back An Amputee’ – Returnee / South Africa Critical Skill Visa And Permanent Resident (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by ubamu2029: 11:08am On Jun 20, 2016
Hi Guy, I'm looking for inputs.

Mum travelled to the US a year ago with auntie's kids. She went on a 2 years multiple entry visa. Auntie didn't allow her to come back after 6 months (as required) as she wanted mum to help with school runs until the kids settled down. She attempted to file for papers for her but apparently, that would take ages to come out. Mum doesn't mind staying for up to a year. She had been to the US thrice in the past and would be glad if this overstay would mean visa denial to the US in future. She doesn't like the solitary lifestyle. She is finally coming back to Nigeria in a couple of days, after one year of stay.

Now here is the problem; I'm hoping to invite mum to the UK around August next year. I'm a bit worried this US cock-up has ruined her chances of visiting me in the UK in future. Any thoughts guys?
Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by cirmuell(m): 12:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
It shouldn't have anything to do with her UK visit.
Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 20, 2016
If she has a UK visa already, she won't have any problem. If she is making an application for the first time, chances are that her application may be denied. These guys share intels especially visa denials and overstay. And as for US, she is already on a 10yr ban as soon as she departs. Why did your auntie ruin her 2yr visa? That's not cool

1 Like

Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by diamondsare4eva: 6:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
How is your mum related to the person in the U.S. Is she her mum, if yes that will be the only way she can apply for a green card while she is in the US, if she is not, then she stands a chance to be on the 10 years growing ban list for misrepresenting her visa use. Why will your aunt spoil her chances when she can pay for her trip within her 6 months duration which allows her to be back after her visit to Nigeria. Your aunt should not act like she doesn't know what it is when you overstay your visit in the US.

ubamu2029:
Hi Guy, I'm looking for inputs.

Mum travelled to the US a year ago with auntie's kids. She went on a 2 years multiple entry visa. Auntie didn't allow her to come back after 6 months (as required) as she wanted mum to help with school runs until the kids settled down. She attempted to file for papers for her but apparently, that would take ages to come out. Mum doesn't mind staying for up to a year. She had been to the US thrice in the past and would be glad if this overstay would mean visa denial to the US in future. She doesn't like the solitary lifestyle. She is finally coming back to Nigeria in a couple of days, after one year of stay.

Now here is the problem; I'm hoping to invite mum to the UK around August next year. I'm a bit worried this US cock-up has ruined her chances of visiting me in the UK in future. Any thoughts guys?
Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by ubamu2029: 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
diamondsare4eva:
How is your mum related to the person in the U.S. Is she her mum, if yes that will be the only way she can apply for a green card while she is in the US, if she is not, then she stands a chance to be on the 10 years growing ban list for misrepresenting her visa use. Why will your aunt spoil her chances when she can pay for her trip within her 6 months duration which allows her to be back after her visit to Nigeria. Your aunt should not act like she doesn't know what it is when you overstay your visit in the US.

Mum is elder sister to the person in the US. Mum is not very keen about US settlement. She has no intention of visiting again.

My worry is that she might be denied UK visa when I apply for her. She hasn't been the the UK before. On UK visa application form, there is a provision for one to list all countries one has visited, and the duration. Again, I'd imagine her visa would be stamped on arrival to Nigeria. That means it will be possible to conceal her overstaying.
Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 21, 2016
please someone..... what is the meaning of multiple visa... you have the opportunity of travelling to the place more than ones or how ?
Re: Mum Went To US On A 2 Yr Multiple Entry Visa And Stayed For A Year. by ubamu2029: 10:27am On Jun 21, 2016
Page07:
please someone..... what is the meaning of multiple visa... you have the opportunity of travelling to the place more than ones or how ?

A multiple visa is the type that allows you to stay up to 6 months at a time. Eg If you are granted a 2 year visa, you are allowed to travel until the expiry, but you are not expected to stay more that 6 months on each visit.

(1) (Reply)

Best Country To Work And Stay / Travellers Scramble For Cheap FX At Travelex / How To Apply To Bermuda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.