Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:13 PM

How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? (2362 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by huxley(m): 1:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
If you are a Christian and you believe in God through your FAITH, you face many challenges to that FAITH from a variety of sources such as;

1) Internal personal doubt
2) Attack and temptation from the devil
3) Contact with other religions
4) Contact with non-believers and atheists
etc
etc
etc

So, what do you do to maintain your faith in God?  Do you read up on Christian and bible history to shore up your faith? Do you simply pray to god for more faith?  Do you bury your head in the sand?  Do you avoid contact with non-Christians and atheists.

I would like to how you sustain your faith.
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 01, 2009
I sustain my faith by searching the word myself. For every challenge i face, i look up a story or a verse that is relevant to that and i pray To God for strenght and peace in the face of that storm. No pastor can help you keep your faith you have to do that for yourself.
Its not easy but i try to work out my salvation
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by donnie(m): 6:13pm On Sep 01, 2009
@poster
The Holy ghost Is my intercessor,helper, strenghtener, advocate, wonderful councellor. He is the Spirit of faith.
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 01, 2009
@huxley
Whenever any of those things you mentioned comes around, I just think about my past experiences with God. They are enough proof that God is real, and that He'll never abandon those that stick with Him.
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by petres007(m): 7:38pm On Sep 01, 2009
Nice question!

If I didn't know who was asking(one who doesn't even believe God exists), I would've answered.  undecided
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 7:41pm On Sep 01, 2009
[size=13pt]hehehehehehe. . . . .  grin   grin so glad you have totally(((Changed)))[/size]

petres_007:

Nice question!

If I didn't know who was asking, I would've answered.  undecided
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 01, 2009
petres_007:

Nice question!

If I didn't know who was asking(one who doesn't even believe God exists), I would've answered.  undecided

I think you should keep the hard feelings to the threads that started them. huxley hasn't insulted or challenged or said anything negative to anyone. He asked a question even a young Christian could ask.
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Y3tund3: 2:30am On Sep 03, 2009
Not that this answers your question, but, 

I thought I was the only Nigerian atheist out there!!!!

So there's at least one more besides me.  Praise "God"!!!  wink
Re: How Do You Or What Sustains Your Faith In God? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
[size=13pt]Y3tund3 you are welcome. . . .[/size]

(1) (Reply)

Religious People Are The Most Wicked Of All Mankind / I Can't Worship In A Church Where A Woman Is @ The Helm Of Affairs / ⭐⭐ These Powerful Quotes Will Transform Your Life (Updated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.