Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,340 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:34 AM

Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) (31107 Views)

Mark Okoye Welcomes Child With His Wife (Photos) / Mark Okoye & Mohammed Sani, Youngest Serving Commissioners Who Are In Their 30s / Mark Okoye, Anambra Youngest Commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jun 20, 2016
The Youngest Commissioner in Nigeria sworn in Anambra State

Mark Okoye II, flanked by his wife, was moments ago (20/06/16) sworn in as the Honourable Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget Development at the Executive Council Chamber of Anambra State.

With this, Mark becomes the youngest commissioner in Nigeria presently.

Mark is one of the numerous youth who make up over 55% of the political appointments made by the Gov. Willie Obiano led Administration.

BRIEF PROFILE: Mark Okoye II holds a B.Sc. Finance from the prestigious George Washington University, Washington, DC, USA and is an alumnus of several executive education courses and programmes, including Harvard Kennedy School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, Euromoney, Dubai, UAE.

The 30-year-old Mark Okoye possesses a unique combination of experience spanning governance, policy formulation, public sector financing, public budget analysis and corporate finance. Prior to his current role, he served in his current capacity for twenty (20) months during the last administration.

Mark also served as a senior member of the investment banking division at Afrinvest (West Africa) Limited where he was instrumental in executing numerous capital raising and financial advisory transactions.

Before becoming a Commissioner, he was appointed the Special Adviser to the Governor on Economic Planning and budget

Key transactions include the restructuring of UBA Plc in line with new Central Bank of Nigeria banking guidelines (2012), US $80mm debt and equity capital raising for Kano Shopping Mall (2012), the first and largest shelf registration in Nigeria, US$2.3bn Lagos State Government bond issuance program (2011).

Hon Mark is one of the numerous hardworking youths appointed by Africa’s Most Youth-friendly leader, Chief Willie Obiano who’s government comprises over 55% of Young People.

Mark is married to Phillipa Okoye.

SOURCE: https://facebook.com/AnambraOnline/

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Sunnymatey(m): 12:48pm On Jun 20, 2016
Gud

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by benedictnsi(m): 12:50pm On Jun 20, 2016
LUCK BLESSED GUY

Seeing young guys like this in public office will motivate our children to keep singing the poem

parents listen to your children...
We are the leaders of tomorrow..
Try and pay our school fees... (even doh non dey)
And give us, SOUND EDUCATION

Our greedy politicians no gree retire..... Obasanjo, Atiku, Babangida etc still wish to continue cheesy

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by hucienda: 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2016
sexy ms, fresh dude... what a sexyfresh collabo cool

Ambition is the new sexy.

Hon. Mark, serve- with swag.
cool

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by CACAWA(m): 1:23pm On Jun 20, 2016
It's about who you know

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by odeebee: 1:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
These r the kind of faces we r suppose to be seeing as our representatives on TV screen.

This is a ray of hope that Children r indeed d leaders of tomorrow.

I really do Appreciate Mr. Obiano and Ambode for the recent eye opener and pace deyv set for other states.

I wonder what d Likes of Lai Moh'd, Audu Ogbe and those old guys r doing in govt

am optimistic against all odds that

#NaijaMustBetter

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jun 20, 2016
CACAWA:
It's about who you know

I don't think so! The guy is totally qualified for the job with plenty of experience!!

21 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by dustmalik: 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2016
prince3009:

I don't think so! The guy is totally qualified for the job with plenty of experience!!
And you think there aren't others out there who are as young and even more qualified, that never got such job? Do you think he was picked out of the blue? The point is, some kind connection led to his appointment.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by tomquest: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
I love my state Anambra because this young commissioner would not be boot licked because he's young, well educated and rich. Every community or village in Anambra can boast of intellectuals who are equally fit for the position. They are scattered all over the globe. We respect and support Willie because he respects us all. He knows Ndi Anambra are go-getters. We respect his choice, we are proud of this young son of ours. He symbolizes the vibrant soul of an Anambra youth...

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by tomquest: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

And you think there aren't others out there who are as young and even more qualified, that never got such job? Do you think he was picked out of the blue? The point is, some kind connection led to his appointment.

This mindset of yours would limit you. Go and read the stories of most Anambra big shots of today and you would be amazed at where they are coming from. Anambra is not Abuja where dullards are made to lord it over others because of their influential surnames. Anambra's got brains you just can't ignore, irrespective of who their parents are...

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by dustmalik: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
tomquest:

This mindset of yours would limit you. Go and read the stories of most Anambra big shots of today and you would be amazed at where they are coming from. Anambra is not Abuja where dullards are made to lord it over others because of their influential surnames. Anambra's got brains you just can't ignore, irrespective of who their parents are...
Funny, but it's you who has limited mindset and knowledge of the world around you, since you believe that people from Anambra state have special brains than the rest of the world. Your ignorance is totally out of this world.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by feedthenation(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
Whilst some people like the dilector of IPOB is busying verbally attacking everyone and planning to cause mayhem in the Nigeria, some people like this young fellow is doing right to make himself, Anambra state and Nigeria in general a better place to live.

Well done young man and a bigger well done to the Governor who appointed him as a commissioner.

6 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by kutchs: 2:43pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Perhaps there are but how many people are going to serve at the same time? Obiano has started with him and I'm sure it will get to reach those other 'as young and even more qualified'.
Sometimes, it's not just about who you know. Sometimes you need to position yourself properly in order to get noticed. Okoye wouldn't have been noticed if he didn't seek to improve himself in the best possible way while playing his cards well.
So get off nairaland now, get some exposure and you will, get noticed.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by NwaNimo1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Seems inexperienced.......Nepotism no dey good!
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by deebsman1(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2016
Man mi
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by refiner(f): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations, Anambra state is working and to God be the Glory.. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by sukkot: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2016
ma nigga willie being doing big thangs

i hope willie not tryna marry that nigga off to his daughter lolzz
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by asids55: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2016
am sure the guy will state this as part of his achievements come next election
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by NinaArsenal(f): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulation young commissioner.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Mediapace: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Nice one. Don't forget contest is On and Lanicky is waiting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Victorakats(m): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congratulations Mark!
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by rhainbow: 3:15pm On Jun 20, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]well, with what's written, I think the guy qualified for the job. Baba God pick up my call.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by post111(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2016
Congrat bro.
God abeg bless my hustle

1 Like

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by bishop4life(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2016
kutchs:

Perhaps there are but how many people are going to serve at the same time? Obiano has started with him and I'm sure it will get to reach those other 'as young and even more qualified'.
Sometimes, it's not just about who you know. Sometimes you need to position yourself properly in order to get noticed. Okoye wouldn't have been noticed if he didn't seek to improve himself in the best possible way while playing his cards well.
So get off nairaland now, get some exposure and you will, get noticed.

If i had more likes, i do give you.
My only problemis let him not be like these old hags period! Its high time these peoplestart handing over to the leaders of today,cos i cant live my life and still seize thatof my children.

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by tomquest: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
dustmalik:

Funny, but it's you who has limited mindset and knowledge of the world around you, since you believe that people from Anambra state have special brains than the rest of the world. Your ignorance is totally out of this world.

Dust out your brains Mister DUSTmalik and comprehend the simple point I've made. I won't be responsible for your childish inferences. End of discussion!

7 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by mytime24(f): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Kudos
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by greatwhite(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
Young and getting it

Congratulations, wish u the very best mate.

3 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Pavore9: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2016
CACAWA:
It's about who you know

Is the guy not well qualified for the job?

2 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by redcliff: 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
feedthenation:
Whilst some people like the dilector of IPOB is busying verbally attacking everyone and planning to cause mayhem in the Nigeria, some people like this young fellow is doing right to make himself, Anambra state and Nigeria in general a better place to live.

Well done young man and a bigger well done to the Governor who appointed him as a commissioner.

In wizkids voice #shutup!

4 Likes

Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by onosprince(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2016
He looks cute.
Re: Obiano Swears In Mark Okoye As A Commissioner! (PICS) by Olukokosir(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2016
[color=#550000][/color]. Seems d youths r now occupying various positions in d country ....... One in Lagos nd now, Anambra ....

Waitn for d day Mimiko will follow suit

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Trekking For GEJ Replies Omotola After She Called Trekkers 'Silly' / Power Failure During Ambassadorial Nominees Screening At The Senate. PICS / Oseni Rufai: We Eagerly Await Bola Tinubu To Show Up For Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.